Anyone seen QUEEN & SLIM?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x2   |  1 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 week ago '15        #26
The Casual 
space
space
Props total: 1101 1 K  Slaps total: 149 149
 bluehefner96 said
Where did she confirm this?
In the comments here

QuietPack said
Anyone got a link for research? Couldn't find this morning
Go to the fu*kin movies bro. Support it plus youre going to have to wait a month or two for hd quality..
+5   

1 week ago '07        #27
killahkazi 
space
space
Props total: 415 415  Slaps total: 27 27
It was better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed how it didn't simply demonize one set of people and praise another. It showed had all sides contribute in this complicated thing called life. I recommend it.
+2   

1 week ago '12        #28
allmaddenking 
space
space
space
Props total: 1848 1 K  Slaps total: 226 226
 dymablink said
They needed a plane tho so na they wouldnt have
But at the same time
[spoiler - click to view]

1 week ago '05        #29
Doomque 
space
space
Props total: 1522 1 K  Slaps total: 230 230
Movie was great from a cinematography standpoint. Score and visuals perfect. However, this movie paints us in a light that reinforces stereotypes.
1. Stupidly tragic decisions from the very beginning.
2. Our community banding behind criminals foolishly.
3. Our youth looking up to criminals and committing crimes because they admire what was done.
4. We are gonna sell each other out.

The writing could have been better and had a story that painted us in a better light without reinforcing stereotypes. Non-minorities will leave that theatre with the same beliefs they had from the beginning.

The director out here calling this a "revolutionary film". Nah this ain't it. You have got to change the narrative and I don't think this helps at all.
+19   

1 week ago '11        #30
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 8525 8 K  Slaps total: 2763 2 K
 mista804 said
Thatís actually some I wondered about. It appeared as if he knew they would be in that spot so Iím guessing he was the one who was supposed to help em out but he worked out a deal for the money on they head.
They were sleeping he could have been in that spot by coincidence and noticed them sleeping and recognized them since they were Notorious

When he peeled off fast I knew something was up but I was wondering if he was the actual contact point the white guy gave them or a random guy who happened to be in the right place and recognize them

1 week ago '18        #31
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 21732 21 K  Slaps total: 7635 7 K
Seen it Thanksgiving night with college side piece bay. Not gonna spoil but it was a cool 7.5 out of 10. Queen chocolate a*s can get it.. that fake 2 chains n*gga tho

Last edited by Oswaldgatesjr; 12-01-2019 at 01:09 PM..
+4   

1 week ago '11        #32
QuietPack 
space
space
space
Props total: 1119 1 K  Slaps total: 202 202
[QUOTE=The Casual;51317680]In the comments here

Go to the fu*kin movies bro. Support it plus youre going to have to wait a month or two for hd quality..[/QUO

Comfort of home> nasty a*s movie theaters

1 week ago '16        #33
DeadPresident 
space
space
Props total: 3304 3 K  Slaps total: 1018 1 K
 dymablink said
They needed a plane tho so na they wouldnt have
Iím saying they was going to meet dude at the landing strip they made like 5 pit stops for dumb sh*t lol

1 week ago '19        #34
Black Soap 2 
space
space
Props total: 1860 1 K  Slaps total: 825 825
I ainít tryiní watch Bonnie and Clyde with n*ggas. Especially since it ainít no American n*ggas staring in it.
+4   

1 week ago '06        #35
DonYBE 
space
space
Props total: 8632 8 K  Slaps total: 888 888
 Black Soap 2 said
I ainít tryiní watch Bonnie and Clyde with n*ggas. Especially since it ainít no American n*ggas staring in it.

@

1 week ago '19        #36
Black Soap 2 
space
space
Props total: 1860 1 K  Slaps total: 825 825
 DonYBE said

@
What? Iím just being honest. I donít like black British actors taking work from American black actors.

1 week ago '17        #37
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 53481 53 K  Slaps total: 38873 38 K
Won't watch because the main lead isn't African American.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #38
The Knuckle God 
space
space
Props total: 6198 6 K  Slaps total: 243 243
 dymablink said
Question about the ending

+1   

1 week ago '19        #39
blackthorn 
space
space
space
Props total: 281 281  Slaps total: 40 40
 Doomque said
Movie was great from a cinematography standpoint. Score and visuals perfect. However, this movie paints us in a light that reinforces stereotypes.
3. Our youth looking up to criminals and committing crimes because they admire what was done.

The writing could have been better and had a story that painted us in a better light without reinforcing stereotypes. Non-minorities will leave that theatre with the same beliefs they had from the beginning.

The director out here calling this a "revolutionary film". Nah this ain't it. You have got to change the narrative and I don't think this helps at all.
This is actually exactly how I feel. A lot of the choices were questionable. She was an awful attorney.

I think it should be seen. Because overall it's a good movie. But it has its flaws.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #40
The Knuckle God 
space
space
Props total: 6198 6 K  Slaps total: 243 243
 Doomque said

Yeah, the part where the

+13   

1 week ago '18        #41
antisocial100 
space
space
Props total: 6741 6 K  Slaps total: 2101 2 K
A few things to unpack here in this great film, first off its def top 5 for this year

The movie and the writers in general did a good job in the setting and basically the background aesthetics. In gene half of what a movie is is just the setting , clothes , and the sh*t going in the background

I like how the writers brought these 2 main characters through the south, which for many black Americans has a connotation in itself with blues, jazz, but just the all around black American experience. They went to jazz bars , drove through rural cities, in attempt to go the girls uncles house in Louisiana.

To show u the importance of this, the writer la could of easily said letís make them go to Cali or New York or some big city.

The setting of the movie was nothing flashy either, no exotic cars no modern looking vehicles, and the way in which they dressed just gave the movie a 70s type of vibe to it

I would delve deeper but I want yíall to go see it.

Even though the story writer Lena waithe is a lesbo and all on the pro lgbt tranny sh*t the movie is dope. Def fu*k with these new wave of black directors. I thought all hope was lost after the singletary, spike lee, generation
+2   

1 week ago '16        #42
hakim1 
space
space
space
Props total: 559 559  Slaps total: 43 43
It's a beautifully shot movie, with a good soundtrack. The story is pretty good for the first 2/3 but that last act goes allllllllll off the rails.

It's entertaining. If that's your standard go pay money for it. If you need a super coherent message or you want your side to win you'll be disappointed.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #43
hakim1 
space
space
space
Props total: 559 559  Slaps total: 43 43
I've dated women like Queen before, they're riders once they're in but maaaan, they're pains in the a*s up til then. I don't know if i'd've made it a cross country ride with her.

+5   

1 week ago '09        #44
Msfourfteleven 
space
space
Props total: 1160 1 K  Slaps total: 99 99
 Phamous said
Very well made... Few holes, but the pacing is great and the character development is A 1. Donít want to give anything away but basically a black Bonnie & Clyde set in a Trump administration era.

Itís dope.
I agree with this.

With the few plot holes it was still very much a dope film.

1 week ago '10        #45
beast mode 
space
space
Props total: 3548 3 K  Slaps total: 1965 1 K
visually is was nice, great shots but the writing was pure trash. so corny it was no surprise a bi*ch that wish she was a boy wrote this. this the type of movie i can see gay people and white liberals loving.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #46
HoodrichMike 
space
space
Props total: 2379 2 K  Slaps total: 593 593
This stripper chick on twitter said it was super trash but these responses seem to contradict that

1 week ago '06        #47
Celsius 
space
space
Props total: 3315 3 K  Slaps total: 881 881
Lena Waithe really is for black people.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #48
The Casual 
space
space
Props total: 1101 1 K  Slaps total: 149 149
 Doomque said

On 1

I think he pulled a stupid move but I've never been in that situation so I dont know what I wouldve done. A white cop didnt pull a gun on me but we sure enough scrapped for a couple of minutes because he was being a d*ckhead his back up who I was lucky to see was a black person separated us and i got my ticket and went on my way.

On 2 and 3

I wonder what your thoughts would've been living during the civil rights movement or black panther era. They broke "laws" and were revered in our community. Thats a really misguided statement that lacks any explanation into what actually what transpired in the mover

On 4

Its with any race guys in the mafia snitched for lower sentence same with the jewish mob etc...I understand where youre coming from here tho the optics and the stereotype behind it has had a lasting negative affect on the community.

QuietPack said

Comfort of home> nasty a*s movie theaters
I feel you bro...I'm just going to support so we get more movies that show us on the big screen
+1   

1 week ago '07        #49
bluehefner96 
space
space
Props total: 17440 17 K  Slaps total: 3744 3 K
 Doomque said

#2. So this was not an act of self-defense to you? Interesting, because that’s literally what happens with these police shootings - divided perception. I think that actually speaks to the authenticity of the film. A certain section of people will view that situation as defending one’s self, while the other will look at them as murders (criminals) and thus deserving of death or imprisonment.

Personally, I don’t think she needed to create some fake world here. That’s a repeated criticism I’m hearing about the movie but people’s reasonings are falling flat. I think she wanted to show black people as simply people. Meaning, they will have their flaws like the next man. Which brings me to my next point in saying that these so called stereotypes aren’t just found within the black community. The biggest stereotype, and probably the one that “made us look the worst” was actually, to me, the father-son conversation about how many bi*ches he had. Even then, infidelity isn’t exclusive to black folk, although when it comes to taking pride in it, seems like that’s some n*gga sh*t more than any other race in America.

Still though, I didn’t walk away from this movie thinking she made black people look bad. There was a line uttered by Slim where he asked “Why we always gotta be excellent? Why we can’t just be us?”...or something to that effect...which I think speaks to the intentions of the writing.
+2   

1 week ago '14        #50
SHOW N PROVE 
space
space
Props total: 540 540  Slaps total: 79 79
 allmaddenking said
But at the same time

dymablink said
They were sleeping he could have been in that spot by coincidence and noticed them sleeping and recognized them since they were Notorious

When he peeled off fast I knew something was up but I was wondering if he was the actual contact point the white guy gave them or a random guy who happened to be in the right place and recognize them
 DeadPresident said
Iím saying they was going to meet dude at the landing strip they made like 5 pit stops for dumb sh*t lol
 The Knuckle God said

I don't know where y'all getting this "Random guy" logic from. Fam with the Goldmouth wasn't no random. And so what they made a bunch of stops, that wouldn't have changed anything. He just sold them out, simple as that unfortunately. What compensation y'all think he woulda received for actually helping them?? Other than simply doing right by his ppl - which he should have done. Y'all forgetting about the bounty price ???? $250G's apiece.. The white woman at the house said it herself, "thats enough to pay off our mortgage" so wutchu think a "LOST" n*gga gonna do.....

Oh and for the record, I caught the early premier at the Howard theater with the Q&A. The director 'Melina' said the guy who sold them out was originally written to be a "wigga" who was trying extra hard to be down. They felt it was too obvious... a last min decision was made to make him a black guy.
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  28
Image(s) inside NBA Youngboy TBG War UPDATE:
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+102online now  27
Image(s) inside Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)
136 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  26
Image(s) inside Hope y'all niggas got full coverage
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  10
Image(s) inside Y'all coppin these Fresh Prince Tees and sweatshirt ? Dope sh-t.
41 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy