14,800+ Counterfeit Nike Air Jordans Seized At LA Port In Boxes Labeled As "Napkins"

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
60 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
22 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

6 days ago '07        #1
2366 page views
35 comments

Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
space
space
Props total: 114304 114 K  Slaps total: 12038 12 K
14,800+ Counterfeit Nike Air Jordans Seized At LA Port In Boxes Labeled As "Napkins"

Published Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM | Updated at 5:49 AM PDT on Oct 10, 2019

More than 14,800 fake Nike shoes were seized in a counterfeiting operation after authorities at the nation's largest seaport examined two shipping containers that arrived from China.

Several things about the Air Jordan knockoffs caught the attention of Customs and Border Protection agents at the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach. For example, the loosely attached swoosh symbols, a globally recognized Nike trademark that appears to have been shoddily stitched onto the sides of the high-tops.

The counterfeit kicks were discovered during an enforcement exam when 14,806 pairs arrived in two shipping containers that had been declared as "napkins" in an attempt to pass the illegal cargo through the nation's busiest port.

Import experts and the trademark owner confirmed the shoes violated several protected designs and trademarks for various Air Jordan styles, including the iconic red, black and white high-top.

If real, the shoes would carry a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $2.24 million.

The shoes were seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection in cooperation with the Apparel, Footwear and Textiles Center of Excellence.

The real Nike shoes, featuring retro designs dating to the 1980s, are highly sought by collectors and sneaker enthusiasts. They can sell for $1,500 to $2,000 online, an attractive market for fraudulent sellers.

"Counterfeit brand-name shoes is a multi-million dollar criminal industry," said LaFonda Sutton-Burke, CBP Port Director of the LA/Long Beach Seaport.

"The trafficking of these items is extremely lucrative and becomes more profitable in markets involving successful and popular products."
The illegal goods trade is linked to smuggling and other criminal activity, and it's often used to fund criminal operations, according to the CBP.

visit this link https://www.nbclosangeles .. 562638791.html
+1   

best
worst
35 comments

6 days ago '16        #2
FlyinIron 
space
space
Props total: 22677 22 K  Slaps total: 2478 2 K

+20   

6 days ago '07        #3
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17 OP
space
space
 FlyinIron said

6 days ago '14        #4
Ivorypillars 
space
space
Props total: 24275 24 K  Slaps total: 1923 1 K
"Counterfeit"
What if virgil put these out to challenge your concept of whats real?
+17   

6 days ago '09        #5
Vincent_Chase 
space
space
Props total: 1931 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
think they really did something
+6   

6 days ago '16        #6
Knucklez 
space
space
space
Props total: 28885 28 K  Slaps total: 3098 3 K
 Ivorypillars said
"Counterfeit"
What if virgil put these out to challenge your concept of whats real?
That's something Kanye would do probably not virgil

6 days ago '17        #7
bigransomevelli 
space
space
Props total: 1573 1 K  Slaps total: 297 297
 Knucklez said
That's something Kanye would do probably not virgil
sh*t heron preston bought some of his fakes and repurposed/redesigned them and put them back out on the market.
+1   

6 days ago '15        #8
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 30496 30 K  Slaps total: 5058 5 K
You guys know that Obama sold Long Beach port to the Chinese

6 days ago '18        #9
Illuminati 8ob  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 25536 25 K  Slaps total: 2077 2 K
Christmas is canceled for 80% of BX.
+38   

6 days ago '19        #10
space
space
space
Props total: 2866 2 K  Slaps total: 2285 2 K
 Illuminati 8ob said
+5   

5 days ago '18        #11
JugHead 
space
space
Props total: 1848 1 K  Slaps total: 128 128
Lot of sneakerheads get faked with them knockoff-whites like

+22   

5 days ago '05        #12
Fresh 
space
space
Props total: 39854 39 K  Slaps total: 2276 2 K
...Them Social Media Sellers with The "8-12 Special Hook Up Christmas Preorders" Finna Be Sick.

+12   

5 days ago '16        #13
FlyinIron 
space
space
Props total: 22677 22 K  Slaps total: 2478 2 K
Somebody on BX got the plug

+16   

5 days ago '12        #14
McGirt876 
space
space
Props total: 5046 5 K  Slaps total: 469 469
Remember reading abt this a couple mths ago.... Didn't really care then and I definitely don't care now. I will ssy... n*ggas who cop these joints thinking they real should be ashamed of themselves
+3   

5 days ago '12        #15
acefresh 
space
space
Props total: 40151 40 K  Slaps total: 3473 3 K
“ Several things about the Air Jordan knockoffs caught the attention of Customs and Border Protection agents at the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach. For example, the loosely attached swoosh symbols, a globally recognized Nike trademark that appears to have been shoddily stitched onto the sides of the high-tops.”

These mfs so out of touch. Utterly clueless
+13   

5 days ago '08        #16
GoldBluded  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 46742 46 K  Slaps total: 4268 4 K
 FlyinIron said
Somebody on BX got the plug

They came through
+3   

5 days ago '07        #17
space
space
 Illuminati 8ob said
+3   

5 days ago '07        #18
space
space
 acefresh said
ď Several things about the Air Jordan knockoffs caught the attention of Customs and Border Protection agents at the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach. For example, the loosely attached swoosh symbols, a globally recognized Nike trademark that appears to have been shoddily stitched onto the sides of the high-tops.Ē

These mfs so out of touch. Utterly clueless
That's what I said when I first read the article like...

+3   

5 days ago '17        #19
S550 
space
space
Props total: 3448 3 K  Slaps total: 1178 1 K
I bought a pair of AirMax 95 from Ali express and they are literally the same shoe as my real ones.

I paid $33 on Ali express but $165 in footlocker for the real ones .
I went to footlocker Tuesday to look at sneakers and a lot of these new nike sneakers have all poor stitching and glue everywhere. These sneakers literally Come from the same factories
+17   

5 days ago '19        #20
l3altimore 7 
space
space
Props total: 3881 3 K  Slaps total: 277 277
Is Air in quotes on the sole?

5 days ago '17        #21
yousabitch 
space
space
space
Props total: 8531 8 K  Slaps total: 1657 1 K
I’m at the age that I don’t care about sneakers like that. Never bought counterfeits but tbh it’s getting to the point that they are an xact shoe as the real one. Soon everyone will be rocking fakes and no one will be able to tell. Why pay 5 times the price
+2   

5 days ago '07        #22
space
space
 S550 said
I bought a pair of AirMax 95 from Ali express and they are literally the same shoe as my real ones.

I paid $33 on Ali express but $165 in footlocker for the real ones .
I went to footlocker Tuesday to look at sneakers and a lot of these new nike sneakers have all poor stitching and glue everywhere. These sneakers literally Come from the same factories
I never brought any fakes but, my by wanted to get him some a pair Human Race race shoes last summer from Ali Express.

I at him and told him that they won't look the same and they will fall apart quick af.

When he got them in the mail about a few weeks later, I ain't gonna lie we looked them up on YouTube for a "real/fake comparison" and the shyt he paid like $40 was the same shyt at StockX for $200+ minus a few small a*s details.

He still wears them from time to time too.

To each it's own I guess...

5 days ago '17        #23
S550 
space
space
Props total: 3448 3 K  Slaps total: 1178 1 K
 Avon_Barksdale said
I never brought any fakes but, my by wanted to get him some a pair Human Race race shoes last summer from Ali Express.

I at him and told him that they won't look the same and they will fall apart quick af.

When he got them in the mail about a few weeks later, I ain't gonna lie we looked them up on YouTube for a "real/fake comparison" and the shyt he paid like $40 was the same shyt at StockX for $200+ minus a few small a*s details.

He still wears them from time to time too.

To each it's own I guess...

Not gonna lie bro I was hesitant too I got the all black AirMax 95 and I was like dam
I want another pair for work with our dogging these , I got the Ali express ones and unless I look inside the shoe for the size ( I got one size up on replica) unless I look inside the shoe I canít tell which pair is which when they are in my closet. Even huaraches the all grey and all black joints I seen them the replicas and besides a stitch or two you can never tell. Iím by no means a big sneaker head and Iím grown man so no one is checking my shoes too the stitch. I got kids and sh*t I can buy 4 pairs of sneakers for the price of one, fu*k it
+5   

5 days ago '07        #24
space
space
 S550 said
Not gonna lie bro I was hesitant too I got the all black AirMax 95 and I was like dam
I want another pair for work with our dogging these , I got the Ali express ones and unless I look inside the shoe for the size ( I got one size up on replica) unless I look inside the shoe I canít tell which pair is which when they are in my closet. Even huaraches the all grey and all black joints I seen them the replicas and besides a stitch or two you can never tell. Iím by no means a big sneaker head and Iím grown man so no one is checking my shoes too the stitch. I got kids and sh*t I can buy 4 pairs of sneakers for the price of one, fu*k it
Fact's! I got a wife and a kid so I feel you g!

I make sure m son has his nice shoes and shyt like that but, even when we take him to get a new pair he would rather either the "Spider Man" shoe from target lol.

They will always be #1 before me...

+1   

5 days ago '05        #25
bi0 
space
space
Props total: 9292 9 K  Slaps total: 973 973
All those fake pairs of shoes were gonna end up on the LA market marked up.

This hole hype beast culture is dumb AF and easily finessed.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  40
OT Julian Newman Scored 5,000 POINTS in HS.. Why isnít he..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  33
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass ..
116 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Chevy Corvette SUV on its way?
31 comments
23 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  20
Money Manziel's wife files for divorce
70 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy