The scene that made me realize snowfall was going to be a goat show

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+21  117
77 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
-17  81
41 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '12        #51
bkkid92 
space
space
Props total: 8773 8 K  Slaps total: 612 612
 Freddy Highmore said
Man sh*ts amazing. How y'all feel about Franklin reprimanding lil Leon in the whip?
I felt Franklin's passion in that scene. That sh*t came from the heart

I built this sh*t brick by brick & I'll be damned if i let you tear it down just because you don't like the way another n*gga talk

Drive, motherfu*ker

Last edited by bkkid92; 11-30-2019 at 02:38 AM..
+14   

2 weeks ago '10        #52
Flex Luger 
space
space
Props total: 54553 54 K  Slaps total: 2874 2 K
You n*ggaz make these threads unbearable with all the kiddy bickering.
+8   

2 weeks ago '07        #53
LateModelSedan 
space
space
Props total: 8822 8 K  Slaps total: 2109 2 K
these two nixxas and that fruity a*s nixxa carvel all deserved to die.
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #54
eyensteyn 
space
space
Props total: 276 276  Slaps total: 106 106
John Singleton was cold for what he did with snowfall and Rick ain't see nothing off that complete ripoff of a story line!
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #55
Proffesor X 
space
space
Props total: 25783 25 K  Slaps total: 5503 5 K
 R Dot said
Shows forgettable at best. Franklin is a sorry a*s excuse for a drug kingpin.
Had season 3 not happened, I would agree with you, thought it was a good enough show, but kind of cartoony, but whoever took over the writing in season 3 really took the show to a different level and made me a believer in the series. Its a really good show..........just hate the face that like most new shows they do only 10 ep's a season, that sh*t is wack and they could extend it out 2 or 3 more eps just to insure the writing takes it time
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #56
xratede 
space
space
Props total: 618 618  Slaps total: 56 56
Snowfall leveled up this season, not gonna lie I was pissed at the first season but now I understand why it was like that.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #57
maranello550 
space
space
space
Props total: 244 244  Slaps total: 36 36

+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #58
606robin 
space
space
Props total: 8740 8 K  Slaps total: 712 712
A n*gga got r*ped for two episodes next
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #59
Top Shelf 
space
space
Props total: 8847 8 K  Slaps total: 1102 1 K
 Doc Logical said
Hold on, Iíve yet to see Snowfall. Iíve been on record as more of an Ozark person.

Either OP picked about the worst scene to boast about this supposed showís ďgreatnessĒ

Or n*ggas are just fu*king with it cause it has black people and street sh*t.

....The fu*k was that sh*t ? It was a regular ole robbery.
I fu*k with ozark. Both shows are great but doc I canít believe you this late to the party. If these scenes donít move u in some type of way than I donít know what will. Yea, this show have a black cast with street elements to it but the writing on the show is what makes it special. This aiant no Courtney kemp power sh*t. Season 1 and 2 is cool but they level the fu*k up on season 3. sh*t felt like a mini movie series.

+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #60
M2CEO 
space
space
space
Props total: 6150 6 K  Slaps total: 1080 1 K
that r*pe scene had me like

dude how was the r*pe victim was traumatized afterwards.......then buddy came out the room zipping his pants up like yeah I know where ya money at.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #61
That Guy Fly 
space
space
Props total: 24710 24 K  Slaps total: 7837 7 K
Show nice but not an all time show or anything

2 weeks ago '15        #62
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7189 7 K  Slaps total: 1086 1 K
Hey bro thanks for reminding me of this show i watched the first few eps when it first came out at that time in my life I didn’t have much time to watch tv shows now i do and i got three whole seasons to go thru.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '14        #63
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
space
space
Props total: 85810 85 K  Slaps total: 25259 25 K
 Top Shelf said
I fu*k with ozark. Both shows are great but doc I can’t believe you this late to the party. If these scenes don’t move u in some type of way than I don’t know what will. Yea, this show have a black cast with street elements to it but the writing on the show is what makes it special. This aiant no Courtney kemp power sh*t. Season 1 and 2 is cool but they level the fu*k up on season 3. sh*t felt like a mini movie series.

*exhales*

....It’s cause it has black people and is about street sh*t isn’t it ?

I thought you were gonna show me something interesting with camera work or editing or the soundtrack.

I thought (even as I have yet to see it) that there was something “critically acclaimed” about the show I just never got around to watch. One of those shows, then one day you catch up and see the brilliance. Maybe it’s here, and you guys are trash at examples, I have no idea.

But it looks like a show with black people about street sh*t that does nothing creatively filmmaking wise to warrant the attention you guys are giving it.

I could be wrong.

But off rip, Euphoria is better than Snowfall based on what you n*ggas are showing me.

I’d love to be wrong.

Last edited by Doc Logical; 11-30-2019 at 05:54 PM..

2 weeks ago '18        #64
Proffesor X 
space
space
 Doc Logical said
*exhales*

....Itís cause it has black people and is about street sh*t.

I thought you were gonna show me something interesting without camera work or editing or the soundtrack.

I thought (was even as I have yet to see it) that there was something ďcritically acclaimed about the show I just never got around to watch. One of those shows, then one day you catch up and see the brilliance. Maybe itís here, and you guys are trash at examples, I have no idea.

But it looks like a show with black oriole about street sh*t that does nothing creatively filmmaking wise to warrant the attention you guys are giving it.

I could be wrong.

But off rip, Euphoria is better than Snowfall based on what you n*ggas are showing me.

So it would be okay to a*sume that the only reason you like Ozark is cause its a show with white people. Cause both shows are about the same sh*t. Ozark is not more cleverly written, its a good show, but its not breaking any molds like say a Wire or Breaking Bad, its just a good show with an interesting story line. The same thing with Snowfall. Instead of telling us why you think we like it like some racist fu*k boy..........tell us why you DON"T like it.........maybe that will be easier to swallow cause right now you sounding real suspect with your a*sumptions.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '14        #65
space
space
 Proffesor X said
So it would be okay to a*sume that the only reason you like Ozark is cause its a show with white people. Cause both shows are about the same sh*t. Ozark is not more cleverly written, its a good show, but its not breaking any molds like say a Wire or Breaking Bad, its just a good show with an interesting story line. The same thing with Snowfall. Instead of telling us why you think we like it like some racist fu*k boy..........tell us why you DON"T like it.........maybe that will be easier to swallow cause right now you sounding real suspect with your a*sumptions.
I thought you were gonna show me something interesting without camera work or editing or the soundtrack.

I thought (was even as I have yet to see it) that there was something “critically acclaimed about the show I just never got around to watch. One of those shows, then one day you catch up and see the brilliance. Maybe it’s here, and you guys are trash at examples, I have no idea.

I would love, absolutely love to be just a tiny bit what you're insinuating but it's fu*king television and I don't have time to do that kind of bullsh*t.

Cause it's stupid.

Ozark does thing from BEHIND the camera that make me appreciate what I'm seeing on it.

FROM WHAT I WAS SHOWN....Snowfall doesn't seem to do that, It seems like a basic gritty down to earth show about drugs and characters that are living in that world.

Ozark has a bit more of an interesting premise, because it's about a guy who DOESN'T want to be doing the things he's doing, he's just trying to survive.

Snowfall, seem opposite of that based what I'm being shown.

2 weeks ago '05        #66
airmcnair06 
space
space
Props total: 274 274  Slaps total: 15 15
 Doc Logical said
Ozark has a bit more of an interesting premise, because it's about a guy who DOESN'T want to be doing the things he's doing, he's just trying to survive.

I can't speak on Ozark as I haven't seen it. But this statement couldn't be further from the truth, and it shows that you have only made a*sumptions based on a few clips you've seen.

The main character in snowfall doesn't necessarily want to be doing the things he's doing. This is evident all throughout the show, as he is being slowly introduced to a world he's not familiar or even prepared for, which is what makes it so intriguing to me. He doesn't glorify the street life at all. In fact, I kinda wish they showed more of him "enjoying" his success. We're 3 seasons deep, he got Ms, and he ain't bought one fly whip, not one flashy chain, no outlandish sh*t that he can now afford, etc.

The story is about him feeling trapped in a stagnant world, he gets a taste of a way out of that stagnant world, and begins to build his empire, due to unfortunate circumstance he is dealt in life. Something a lot of black folks (myself included) struggle with every day. Making it very relatable, even to cats that wasn't around or don't know sh*t about the drug game.

This is explored in an alternate reality in the finale of season 3 that shows how the main character's life could have and would have played out had he stayed in college.

Lastly, the op explained his reasoning for the scene standing out to him. For context, prior to this scene, Franklin has just had a "lovely day" by making the most money he's ever made in his life, after going thru hell to get it. (this isn't the first time he's robbed, the first time was a loooot different tho )

Just when he thinks it's about to be gravy and he's gonna start making some money , SOME MORE BULLsh*t pops off. It added to the grittiness of the street life and the realism of it as well.

And that's the aspect of the show that I think drew myself and others in.

I'm not gonna try and convince nobody to watch a show, so check it out if you want, don't if you don't want. It won't and doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the show, I promise you.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '14        #67
space
space
 airmcnair06 said
I can't speak on Ozark as I haven't seen it. But this statement couldn't be further from the truth, and it shows that you have only made a*sumptions based on a few clips you've seen.

The main character in snowfall doesn't necessarily want to be doing the things he's doing. This is evident all throughout the show, as he is being slowly introduced to a world he's not familiar or even prepared for, which is what makes it so intriguing to me. He doesn't glorify the street life at all. In fact, I kinda wish they showed more of him "enjoying" his success. We're 3 seasons deep, he got Ms, and he ain't bought one fly whip, not one flashy chain, no outlandish sh*t that he can now afford, etc.

The story is about him feeling trapped in a stagnant world, he gets a taste of a way out of that stagnant world, and begins to build his empire, due to unfortunate circumstance he is dealt in life. Something a lot of black folks (myself included) struggle with every day. Making it very relatable, even to cats that wasn't around or don't know sh*t about the drug game.

This is explored in an alternate reality in the finale of season 3 that shows how the main character's life could have and would have played out had he stayed in college.

Lastly, the op explained his reasoning for the scene standing out to him. For context, prior to this scene, Franklin has just had a "lovely day" by making the most money he's ever made in his life, after going thru hell to get it. (this isn't the first time he's robbed, the first time was a loooot different tho )

Just when he thinks it's about to be gravy and he's gonna start making some money , SOME MORE BULLsh*t pops off. It added to the grittiness of the street life and the realism of it as well.

And that's the aspect of the show that I think drew myself and others in.

I'm not gonna try and convince nobody to watch a show, so check it out if you want, don't if you don't want. It won't and doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the show, I promise you.
Okay, none of this is about the filmmaking of the show, it's just you telling me exactly what I said.

I've said several times now, BASED. ON. what I've been shown, of course I'm making a*sumptions.

That's all I have to make based on, What....you get my point.

Secondly, the clips here don't back up what you're talking about, one clip showed dude yelling at other guy for almost fu*king sh*t up cause of some namecalling.

That doesn't sound like a dude who don't want to be there, an d on top of that. It was a basic a*s scene, fimed as basically as one can film a scene.

I don't doubt the show is NOT great, I'm sure it is. But BASED ON WHAT IVE BEEN SHOWN.....in case you don't hear or read me, it seems like a nice show but really basic nothing to stand out and say hey, we're unique and our own thing.

Just another show with black people and street sh*t.

That people are automatically gonna call hot or interesting cause black people and street sh*t.

and when I mean he doesn't want to be there doing that, I mean it was either that or die it wasn't a thing he fell into, and then grew power hungry or "got a taste" or what have you.

The family is involved now.
You're involved now.
Either do this, or everybody dies. So again, the premise is way more interesting than dude falls into drug life.
Dude, never falls in. He hates every second of it, it's not a show of power or a grab for territory or a better life. Just him outrunning the threat of dying through sheer will and ingenuity, and luck lol.

To me, I'm sure I'm wrong, if I ever see it. I'll think differently.

Last edited by Doc Logical; 11-30-2019 at 08:38 PM..

2 weeks ago '04        #68
Top Shelf 
space
space
 Doc Logical said
*exhales*

....Itís cause it has black people and is about street sh*t isnít it ?

I thought you were gonna show me something interesting with camera work or editing or the soundtrack.

I thought (even as I have yet to see it) that there was something ďcritically acclaimedĒ about the show I just never got around to watch. One of those shows, then one day you catch up and see the brilliance. Maybe itís here, and you guys are trash at examples, I have no idea.

But it looks like a show with black people about street sh*t that does nothing creatively filmmaking wise to warrant the attention you guys are giving it.

I could be wrong.

Iíd love to be wrong.
Ok, thatís what u looking for. Iím not gonna be looking for clips for u but if u want masterpiece cinematography than check out season 3 episode 7
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '14        #69
space
space
 Top Shelf said
Ok, thatís what u looking for. Iím not gonna be looking for clips for u but if u want masterpiece cinematography than check out season 3 episode 7
Bet.

2 weeks ago '04        #70
Top Shelf 
space
space
 Doc Logical said
Bet.
U might not know wtf is going on but if u wanna get your d*ck hard than this the episode

2 weeks ago '18        #71
Proffesor X 
space
space
 Doc Logical said
I would love, absolutely love to be just a tiny bit what you're insinuating but it's fu*king television and I don't have time to do that kind of bullsh*t.

Cause it's stupid.

Ozark does thing from BEHIND the camera that make me appreciate what I'm seeing on it.

FROM WHAT I WAS SHOWN....Snowfall doesn't seem to do that, It seems like a basic gritty down to earth show about drugs and characters that are living in that world.

No it's about a guy who was crooked and got in over his head...but continues to invest time into a criminal enterprise..and the director does things behind the camera?

Both shows are average at best..but still wildly emtertaining..what you not go do is pretend like Ozark is some supreme thought provoking series and Snowfall is just some ghetto black drama. It's the same sh*t...opportunitist listing for money and freedom...one is told from the perspective of white collar crime and one is told from the perspective of working class blue collar hustle...however if we are going to talk about things Behind the camera...Snowfall blows Ozark out the fu*king water with its imagery and metaphorical symbolism. And I like both shows immensely(although the second half of season 2 of Ozarks was lack worthy to me)

2 weeks ago '18        #72
Proffesor X 
space
space
 Doc Logical said

Cause it's stupid.

No it's about a guy who was crooked and got in over his head...but continues to invest time into a criminal enterprise..and the director does things behind the camera?

Both shows are average at best..but still wildly emtertaining..what you not go do is pretend like Ozark is some supreme thought provoking series and Snowfall is just some ghetto black drama. It's the same sh*t...opportunitist listing for money and freedom...one is told from the perspective of white collar crime and one is told from the perspective of working class blue collar hustle...however if we are going to talk about things Behind the camera...Snowfall blows Ozark out the fu*king water with its imagery and metaphorical symbolism. And I like both shows immensely(although the second half of season 2 of Ozarks was lack worthy to me)
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #73
I_REP_VA 
space
space
Props total: 3504 3 K  Slaps total: 395 395
Wow.. that scene was dope.

Heard great things about this show..

For a guy whoís GOAT show is the wire.. is this show worth catching?

2 weeks ago '10        #74
Flex Luger 
space
space
Props total: 54553 54 K  Slaps total: 2874 2 K
Ozark season 1 was dope but after the second season that sh*t shouldn't even be mentioned in the same category as Snowfall. Imo
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #75
dom king 
space
space
space
Props total: 956 956  Slaps total: 86 86
 kevin boogz said
always pull that trigger or dont do it
i hate i even have to say this
"U gon shoot.. Shoot... Don't talk"
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+129online now  52
Memorable pictures from this decade
209 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+70online now  29
Video inside Top Winning Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe!
85 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside SMACK/URL - SMACK Volume 5 [DISCUSSION THREAD/LIVE UPDATES]
359 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
YOO CUMBERLAND MALL in ATLANTA really got SHOT UP over some JORDANS :mjdamn: