Game of the Year

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+49  207
430 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
-72  124
89 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '17        #26
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
Props total: 42995 42 K  Slaps total: 10011 10 K
 He Hate Me said
Better that Bio Shock in what way?

Definitely not gameplay-wise. The weakness of death Stranding is the gameplay. I think a more unique gameplay or just something with more urgency playing Sam would have made this game far more captivating.

Story wise is subjective, I guess. I feel Bio Shock 1 and infinite story were far more ambitious and immersive.

I felt nothing for these characters. Sam is no Joel, Snake, Lee, Drake, etc.

I story was far more interesting than he himself was and the story wasnít that captivating or convoluted to the point I lost interest.
Better than BioShock in every way. BioShock is a great first person shooter and thatís literally where it stops. death Stranding reinvented walking in video games for starters, introduced the strand genre, seamlessly transitions between an explorative game into a shooter into a survival horror. Also over 400 side that not only unlock sh*t but also unveil more of the lore and world building.

death Stranding takes it story wise as well, the first BioShock comes close but naw. Hideo was saying so much even in the minor plotlines, I could make a 2 hour video just exploring the themes of this game alone. Iím absolutely laughing at your notion that BioShockís story was more ambitious. Immersion is a draw to me but ambition clearly goes to death Stranding, which was also better casted and presented much better than BioShockís story.

If you felt nothing for Sam, I suspect you checked out of this story way before his arc hit any payoffs. Sam is up there to me with anyone imo. Then Cliff and John, their stories and motivations as well as performances. sh*t by the end of the game, I fell in love with Deadman despite not being able to stand him in the beginning.

But fu*k it, enough about my game of the year, whats yours?

1 week ago '17        #27
space
space
 jojothugadventu said
You obviously didnt beat the game. That whole ending cutscene of sam topped any game I ever seen
This. I probably would have been more inclined to agree with dude a few weeks ago no lie

1 week ago '11        #28
Gamemusic 
space
space
Props total: 2145 2 K  Slaps total: 156 156
 SPdaGOAT said
If only, but it dropped last December
December 7th. It came out too late in the year last year to be considered so it's getting votes for this year.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #29
jojothugadventu 
space
space
Props total: 2993 2 K  Slaps total: 462 462

1 week ago '19        #30
jojothugadventu 
space
space

+3   

1 week ago '14        #31
Cuttysark 
space
space
Props total: 17549 17 K  Slaps total: 1129 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Better than BioShock in every way. BioShock is a great first person shooter and thatís literally where it stops. death Stranding reinvented walking in video games for starters, introduced the strand genre, seamlessly transitions between an explorative game into a shooter into a survival horror. Also over 400 side that not only unlock sh*t but also unveil more of the lore and world building.

death Stranding takes it story wise as well, the first BioShock comes close but naw. Hideo was saying so much even in the minor plotlines, I could make a 2 hour video just exploring the themes of this game alone. Iím absolutely laughing at your notion that BioShockís story was more ambitious. Immersion is a draw to me but ambition clearly goes to death Stranding, which was also better casted and presented much better than BioShockís story.

If you felt nothing for Sam, I suspect you checked out of this story way before his arc hit any payoffs. Sam is up there to me with anyone imo. Then Cliff and John, their stories and motivations as well as performances. sh*t by the end of the game, I fell in love with Deadman despite not being able to stand him in the beginning.

But fu*k it, enough about my game of the year, whats yours?
U bugging my n*gga
+3   

1 week ago '17        #32
space
space
 Cuttysark said
U bugging my n*gga
The game is like 85% FPS bro. Itís obviously not Halo but it doesnít have as much going on as death Stranding.

1 week ago '14        #33
Cuttysark 
space
space
Props total: 17549 17 K  Slaps total: 1129 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
The game is like 85% FPS bro. It’s obviously not Halo but it doesn’t have as much going on as death Stranding.
I get that you like death Stranding but to sh*t on a game widely regarded as one of the greatest ever made?

Last edited by Cuttysark; 11-29-2019 at 05:52 PM..

1 week ago '17        #34
space
space
 Cuttysark said
I get that you like Daeth Stranding but to sh*t on a game widely regarded as one of the greatest ever made?

I didnít sh*t on it. I just said it doesnít have as much going on as death Stranding. It is a great first person shooter in its own right but death Strandingís gameplay is better

1 week ago '07        #35
joshdogg26 
space
space
Props total: 18206 18 K  Slaps total: 2029 2 K
almost everyone I've seen bash DS can't even provide a valid criticism without making it obvious they haven't even played it. don't come at me with derpy regurgitated youtuber clickbait if you yourself haven't at least played through chapter 3. you are not obligated to buy the game but abstain from passing on your sh*tty uninformed views in that case. we are not all waiting to hear your opinion.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #36
King Ryan 
space
space
Props total: 2011 2 K  Slaps total: 551 551
This is the game of the year for those who couldnt master or beat the actual game of the year Sekiro: Shadows die twice.
+2   

1 week ago '14        #37
Aquas 
space
space
Props total: 688 688  Slaps total: 272 272
Sekiro is game of the year. Period.

1 week ago '14        #38
Aquas 
space
space
Props total: 688 688  Slaps total: 272 272
This n*gga said death Stranding "reinvented walking" lololol. n*gga so did canes. Then he said better than Bioshock smh
+1   

1 week ago '19        #39
jojothugadventu 
space
space
I beat sekiro that sh*t was the wackest of all the From Software games gtfo.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #40
LT88 
space
space
space
Props total: 1238 1 K  Slaps total: 394 394
Game of the year? You have to be joking.

death Stranding is one of the worst games I've ever played. I felt asleep twice during some of the cutscenes, then traded it in after episode 2.

Anyone thinking of buying it, DON'T!

1 week ago '15        #41
LT88 
space
space
space
Props total: 1238 1 K  Slaps total: 394 394
 Aquas said
This n*gga said death Stranding "reinvented walking" lololol. n*gga so did canes. Then he said better than Bioshock smh

1 week ago '10        #42
pacman45 
space
space
Props total: 12593 12 K  Slaps total: 513 513
 Aquas said

1 week ago '19        #43
jojothugadventu 
space
space
fag**t trolls ^^^ all posting on different accounts
+2   

1 week ago '17        #44
space
space
 jojothugadventu said
fag**t trolls ^^^ all posting on different accounts
This thread got n*ggas big mad
+2   

1 week ago '05        #45
Krazie 
space
space
Props total: 27445 27 K  Slaps total: 3218 3 K
 Aquas said

1 week ago '15        #46
YoungEst3 
space
space
space
Props total: 29 29  Slaps total: 19 19
The game of the year is Red dead 2 and its not even close

1 week ago '15        #47
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 18691 18 K  Slaps total: 1784 1 K
 jojothugadventu said
You obviously didnt beat the game. That whole ending cutscene of sam topped any game I ever seen
If the ending is the only saving grace then my point is proving.

Itís still game that needs to keep the player engaged and Iím not.

1 week ago '17        #48
Cant Read Sh1t 
space
space
Props total: 16757 16 K  Slaps total: 1615 1 K
 ahmadou1 said
Not on xbox.... Automatic disqualification

that actually makes it better nobody cares about Xbox anymore
+1   

1 week ago '05        #49
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4184 4 K  Slaps total: 300 300
 Turfaholic3 said
XBox gang here....... But I took advantage of that Wal-Mart pre-black Friday sale. PS4 arrives tomorrow.

what did that come with?

1 week ago '10        #50
NorCalNocturne 
space
space
Props total: 645 645  Slaps total: 88 88
As a huge Kojima fan myself, even I can admit this title is a downgrade to MGS. I recently beat it and I get the message and vibe and I understand the story, but the overall message is a message I already knew. It doesn’t change the fact that the gameplay was downright boring, it is what it is and anyone that says otherwise is one of those Kojima fanboys that will never admit his flaws instead of admitting this was an overrated title that didn’t live up to the hype. No matter. At least I know his next project will be better, especially if rumors are true and he’s going back into that PT realm and give us a truly scary Survival Horror title.

P.S. ....I’m Fragile but I’m not that fragile.....sh*t was corny as hell, admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  38
Image(s) inside NBA Youngboy TBG War UPDATE:
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  25
Image(s) inside Hope y'all niggas got full coverage
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+78online now  24
Image(s) inside Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)
99 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  14
Video inside Dave Chappelle Tells Jerry Seinfeld Why He Only Eats Hard-Boiled Eggs
68 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy