FALLING DOWN is one of the greatest movies of ALL TIME. [Film Room] Episode 6

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+71  86
90 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+76  50
72 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '05        #51
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 41837 41 K  Slaps total: 6184 6 K
 Number5 said
Arthur didn't k*ll anyone bcuz of mental issues. He k*lled people bcuz they wronged him. And havin mental issues doesn't make someone insane. He wasn't insane. He k*lled out of anger. His mental issues is a side topic. Had people not fucced him over, he would not have harmed them. He was very aware of who he harmed and did it out of revenge, not insanity.

I don't see the comparison between the 2 movies either because the dude in Falling Down was just a bully. Arthur was just out for justice against those that wronged him.

It's bully vs victim
You're basically saying the same thing I'm saying but using different words.

You call Arthur a victim, but he still was not mentally stable to function in society normally.

And you say Foster was a bully but my point was just that he was sane while doing so.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

3 weeks ago '19        #52
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 1161 1 K  Slaps total: 567 567
 Micheal C. Will said
You're basically saying the same thing I'm saying but using different words.

You call Arthur a victim, but he still was not mentally stable to function in society normally.

And you say Foster was a bully but my point was just that he was sane while doing so.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Being a victim has nothin to do with being mentally stable or not. Arthur was a victim bcuz of what people did to him. He was justified in his actions rather we agree with his response or not. That's my point.

The guy from Falling Down was not justified for what he was doin. He was disrespecting people that had did nothin to him. That's the difference. He had no aim and no justification for his actions.

That's why it's 2 completely different movies. Arthur had legit reason for gettin at the people that he got at. The guy from Fallin Down didn't have no reason for goin at people he went at. He was just being a jerk.

Last edited by Number5; 11-27-2019 at 05:06 PM..

3 weeks ago '05        #53
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Number5 said
Being a victim has nothin to do with being mentally stable or not. Arthur was a victim bcuz of what people did to him. He was justified in his actions rather we agree with his response or not. That's my point.

The guy from Falling Down was not justified for what he was doin. He was disrespecting people that had did nothin to him. That's the difference. He had no aim and no justification for his actions.

That's why it's 2 completely different movies. Arthur had legit reason for gettin at the people that he got at. The guy from Fallin Down didn't have no reason for goin at people he went at. He was just being a jerk.
Like I said, agree to disagree.

Because my original point was only about sane vs insane.

Whether or not one was justified in their actions and the other wasn't is a matter of personal opinion anyway.

Which again wasn't my initial point.

3 weeks ago '19        #54
Number5 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
Like I said, agree to disagree.

Because my original point was only about sane vs insane.

Whether or not one was justified in their actions and the other wasn't is a matter of personal opinion anyway.

Which again wasn't my initial point.
And I'm sayin that Arthur is not insane. Havin some mental isssues doesn't make someone insane. And his actions had nothin to do with his mental issues. The movies are different bcuz one is justified for his actions and the other one isn't.

Last edited by Number5; 11-27-2019 at 05:37 PM..

3 weeks ago '05        #55
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Number5 said
And I'm sayin that Arthur is not insane. Havin some mental isssues doesn't make someone insane. And his actions had nothin to do with his mental issues.
The textbook definition states otherwise.

adjective
in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
"he had gone insane"

All of which Arthur suffered from

3 weeks ago '19        #56
Number5 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
The textbook definition states otherwise.

adjective
in a state of mind which prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
"he had gone insane"

All of which Arthur suffered from
That's not Arthur. He was actually more sane than the guy in Falling Down. Arthur's actions from gainin access to Arkham records to discover truth, sneakin into that auditorium to chat with Thomas Wayne, knowing to let the midget live cuz he was good to him, out maneuvering cops on a crowded subway, etc are not the mark of someone who is insane.

Just cuz you disagree with someone's actions doesn't make them insane. Just cuz someone has a medical condition does not make them insane. Just cuz someone is shy does not make them insane. Gettin revenge on people does not make them insane either.

Last edited by Number5; 11-27-2019 at 05:51 PM..

2 weeks ago '05        #57
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Number5 said
That's not Arthur. He was actually more sane than the guy in Falling Down. Arthur's actions from gainin access to Arkham records to discover truth, sneakin into that auditorium to chat with Thomas Wayne, knowing to let the midget live cuz he was good to him, out maneuvering cops on a crowded subway, etc are not the mark of someone who is insane.

Just cuz you disagree with someone's actions doesn't make them insane. Just cuz someone has a medical condition does not make them insane. Just cuz someone is shy does not make them insane. Gettin revenge on people does not make them insane either.
I guess you must of been watching a different film, because that definition I provided clearly demonstrates how the Joker was acting the entire the film

But you got it though, you clearly want to sit up here argue facts.

I'm not about to do that tonight.

2 weeks ago '08        #58
Nut-In-Honeys 
space
space
Props total: 12658 12 K  Slaps total: 1383 1 K
 Philly dude said
Same way I found usual suspects. When I first started smoking I stumbled on it didn't feel like looking for the remote bumped into a classic
I did the same with There Will Be Blood

2 weeks ago '19        #59
Number5 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
I guess you must of been watching a different film, because that definition I provided clearly demonstrates how the Joker was acting the entire the film

But you got it though, you clearly want to sit up here argue facts.

I'm not about to do that tonight.
All I stated was facts. You just misunderstood the movie and think that anyone that doesn't fall in line is insane.

2 weeks ago '05        #60
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
 Number5 said
All I stated was facts. You just misunderstood the movie and think that anyone that doesn't fall in line is insane.
Nah, I just like watched the film like everybody else but I'm gonna sit around over analyzing that sh*t either.

You clearly in here sympathizing for some fiction character, get a grip n*gga

2 weeks ago '19        #61
Number5 
space
space
 Micheal C. Will said
Nah, I just like watched the film like everybody else but I'm gonna sit around over analyzing that sh*t either.

You clearly in here sympathizing for some fiction character, get a grip n*gga
He's more than just a fiction character.

2 weeks ago '04        #62
1000bluntz 
space
space
Props total: 24093 24 K  Slaps total: 6089 6 K
Love this sh*t. I have an extremely twisted sense of humor so I won't lie, this movie makes me laugh throughout and Douglas is great here as always.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #63
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 11082 11 K  Slaps total: 1932 1 K
Great film... Duval and Douglas nailed it.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #64
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 11082 11 K  Slaps total: 1932 1 K
 Number5 said
Arthur was not a crazed maniac. He was gettin sh*tted on by people and decided to f*ghtback and get payback on those that had wronged him. The guy in Falling Down was actually more crazy and in the wrong than Arthur was. Dude from Fallin Down was straight up bullying people that had done nothin to him. Arthur was actually an angel that just decided to go out and get justice against the evil.
How was he a bully..??? he almost got robbed and stabbed by 3 mexicans.. for an empty brief case. And then they tried to do a drive by on him and it back fired on them.. and still when the drive by failed and they crashed and flipped the car.... he could have k*lled them all.. and he did not..he just took the duffle bag full of guns and walked off.......

2 weeks ago '09        #65
59fifty 
space
space
Props total: 26389 26 K  Slaps total: 4606 4 K
Childhood classic love it but of all times tho?

2 weeks ago '19        #66
bigVdubb 
space
space
Props total: 2406 2 K  Slaps total: 184 184
Yeah this ones a classic. Recommend watching...

+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #67
Number5 
space
space
 marcchrome said
How was he a bully..??? he almost got robbed and stabbed by 3 mexicans.. for an empty brief case. And then they tried to do a drive by on him and it back fired on them.. and still when the drive by failed and they crashed and flipped the car.... he could have k*lled them all.. and he did not..he just took the duffle bag full of guns and walked off.......
I can specifically remember him bullying those people at the fast food restaurant and bullying that construction worker, almost k*llin some contruction workers for no reason when he fired that bazooka. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, I just don't it should be compared to Joker like some people have beem doin.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #68
TH35 
space
space
Props total: 23491 23 K  Slaps total: 2765 2 K
I own the movie and watch it from time to time but I personally don't think it's close to being one if the greatest movies of all time. To me it's a cult classic and one of my favorites
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #69
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
space
space
Props total: 47013 47 K  Slaps total: 11444 11 K
Hope y'all are enjoying this Episode on your day back to work!

5 days ago '04        #70
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
space
space
Props total: 47013 47 K  Slaps total: 11444 11 K
New episode this week!

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  19
Scientists Found the Deepest Land on Earth Hiding Beneath Antarctica's Ice
180 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
People are fed up with the sky-high cost of smartphones
49 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  15
Dec 13 - A 51-year-old man who violently attacked two children inside a Lodi T..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+59online now  8
Image(s) inside Dame got it right but Choke broke it down about R.O.C. Nation
103 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy