FALLING DOWN is one of the greatest movies of ALL TIME. [Film Room] Episode 6

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+21  99
79 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '05        #26
tokinjohn 
space
space
Props total: 96880 96 K  Slaps total: 12582 12 K
 Exs said
What do you have in 1st?

V for Vendetta?
I've been meaning to watch that movie and smh haven't yet...

Had a double vcr set up back in the day, cousin of mine asked if I'd dub him this movie...had plans to set it all up to record and then go back to regular TV and let the tape be recorded without actually watching it...but out the gate I'm like "what the hell" and continued on watching it throughout...to this day one of my favorite movies that's kinda about nothing, or just a day in the life of someone i guess...Raising Victor Vargas is the film.
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #27
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
space
space
Props total: 47013 47 K  Slaps total: 11444 11 K
 tokinjohn said
I've been meaning to watch that movie and smh haven't yet...

Had a double vcr set up back in the day, cousin of mine asked if I'd dub him this movie...had plans to set it all up to record and then go back to regular TV and let the tape be recorded without actually watching it...but out the gate I'm like "what the hell" and continued on watching it throughout...to this day one of my favorite movies that's kinda about nothing, or just a day in the life of someone i guess...Raising Victor Vargas is the film.
V for Vendetta is great. I caught Raising Victor Vargas when it dropped... need to revisit it
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #28
tokinjohn 
space
space
 Philly dude said
Same way I found usual suspects. When I first started smoking I stumbled on it didn't feel like looking for the remote bumped into a classic
Dopest sh*t when it happens that way...

3 weeks ago '05        #29
tokinjohn 
space
space
 Exs said
V for Vendetta is great. I caught Raising Victor Vargas when it dropped... need to revisit it
Yeah I never heard of it until that point, even to this day not many ppl seen it...

3 weeks ago '16        #30
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 42351 42 K  Slaps total: 9462 9 K
good sh*t OP
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #31
space
space
 foshoVoodoo said
good sh*t OP
happy to do it

+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #32
gunits50cent187 
space
space
Props total: 3245 3 K  Slaps total: 511 511
Another great movie with Michael Douglas is

+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #33
space
space
 gunits50cent187 said
Another great movie with Michael Douglas is

we mentioned it... 1hr 25 minute mark. Because the main chick from "The Game" is actually in "Falling Down".

We're gonna do an Episode on "The Game" in early 2020 and I can't wait.

Movie is ABSURDLY underrated
+2   

3 weeks ago '19        #34
pharoahX 
space
space
Props total: 877 877  Slaps total: 105 105
I saw this movie as a kid, was very formative to my young angry mind lol.
+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #35
shadiboe 
space
space
Props total: 877 877  Slaps total: 99 99
Never realized why he flipped out until I got older, it is a classic
+3   

3 weeks ago '11        #36
bd2eazy 
space
space
Props total: 1015 1 K  Slaps total: 96 96
daaaamn i remember wathcing this sh*t back in the day a couple different times on HBO... never knew the name

But definitely couldnt turn it off cuz it was a great watch.

Seeing as I just watched Joker the other night... cant help but compare.

definitely a great movie that im happy to finally know the name of. Seen it a bunch of times.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #37
lamarowns 
space
space
Props total: 4774 4 K  Slaps total: 876 876
will watch, lmao but I can't help but point out I bet this movie has the same lesson as joker, which is if you are treated like a n*gga, you have a right to go on a k*lling spree.... let the slaps began
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #38
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 41900 41 K  Slaps total: 6188 6 K
The main character Foster in Falling Down is seemingly a sane man who randomly snaps after been recently divorced and hit with an restraining order. I haven't seen the film in a minute, but I mean he never even directly k*lled anyone the entire film.

Foster was just disgruntle, Arthur in the Joker was a crazed manic from the start. He was just holding it in, trying to be normal. Whereas, Foster was still sane regardless of his actions throughout the film.

The only similarities is that they both happen to be two middle aged white men, that's where it ends.

Edit - I stand corrected, he does shoot that
[spoiler - click to view]

in self defense

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 11-26-2019 at 07:52 PM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #39
nicoled985 
space
space
Props total: 6147 6 K  Slaps total: 607 607
Love this movie. Everytime I'm in traffic I think of it and laugh
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #40
space
space
 nicoled985 said
Love this movie. Everytime I'm in traffic I think of it and laugh
Same. Actually the screenwriter was inspired by a real life story about an 18 wheeler truck driver who just rammed a highway of cars on a day he got layed off. We've all been there.

Falling Down is a cathartic film. We hope this episode of our podcast does the same
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #41
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9072 9 K  Slaps total: 936 936
7.6/10 on IMDB
Might have to check it out

Big ups OP for the podcast. Love people getting on their creative sh*t.

I’m going to hit you up about something. Just need to finalize some things

Last edited by Ravishing; 11-26-2019 at 09:15 PM..

3 weeks ago '13        #42
eleetmatt 
space
space
Props total: 1535 1 K  Slaps total: 366 366
Man, I've seen this movie around, know basically what it is and what it's about, seen dozens of people talk about how good it is, passed it on vudu and threw it out there as something to watch it when me and my girl were picking a movie, she even knows about it and wants to see it, but yet I haven't ended up watching it yet. Time to get this sh*t poppin

3 weeks ago '18        #43
Eyesofchaos 
space
space
Props total: 3752 3 K  Slaps total: 2626 2 K
You the man OP not alot of people know or remember this movie. Will be checking out your podcast

3 weeks ago '04        #44
nicoled985 
space
space
 Exs said
Same. Actually the screenwriter was inspired by a real life story about an 18 wheeler truck driver who just rammed a highway of cars on a day he got layed off. We've all been there.

Falling Down is a cathartic film. We hope this episode of our podcast does the same
You know what else I consider a cathartic film? Office Space... Especially if you hate your job
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #45
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7189 7 K  Slaps total: 1089 1 K
Crazy how Joker pretty much revived a whole genre of film. The had enough normal man gone vigilante. I see so many people rocking that Taxi Driver and Falling down and death Wish hashtags on ig i been following for years as those are three of my all time favorite flicks.

3 weeks ago '04        #46
space
space
 nicoled985 said
You know what else I consider a cathartic film? Office Space... Especially if you hate your job
We got into that within the first minute
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #47
nicoled985 
space
space
 Exs said
We got into that within the first minute
LOL ok I need to listen. Good sh*t!

3 weeks ago '19        #48
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 1161 1 K  Slaps total: 567 567
 Micheal C. Will said
The main character Foster in Falling Down is seemingly a sane man who randomly snaps after been recently divorced and hit with an restraining order. I haven't seen the film in a minute, but I mean he never even directly k*lled anyone the entire film.

Foster was just disgruntle, Arthur in the Joker was a crazed manic from the start. He was just holding it in, trying to be normal. Whereas, Foster was still sane regardless of his actions throughout the film.

The only similarities is that they both happen to be two middle aged white men, that's where it ends.

Edit - I stand corrected, he does shoot that
[spoiler - click to view]

in self defense
Arthur was not a crazed maniac. He was gettin sh*tted on by people and decided to f*ghtback and get payback on those that had wronged him. The guy in Falling Down was actually more crazy and in the wrong than Arthur was. Dude from Fallin Down was straight up bullying people that had done nothin to him. Arthur was actually an angel that just decided to go out and get justice against the evil.

Last edited by Number5; 11-27-2019 at 02:10 PM..

3 weeks ago '05        #49
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 41900 41 K  Slaps total: 6188 6 K
 Number5 said
Arthur was not a crazed maniac. He was gettin sh*tted on by people and decided to f*ghtback and get payback on those that had wronged him. The guy in Falling Down was actually more crazy and in the wrong than Arthur was. Dude from Fallin Down was straight up bullying people that had done nothin to him. Arthur was actually an angel that just decided to go out and get justice against the evil.
Arthur was sick and disturbed (due to his mother), there was even mentioned of him with a stint in a mental Institute if do recall reason why he was seeing that social worker. He barely knew what was real and what wasn't half the time.

Foster on the other hand knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.

That's why I don't see the comparison, it's sane vs insane.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 11-27-2019 at 04:05 PM..

3 weeks ago '19        #50
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 1161 1 K  Slaps total: 567 567
 Micheal C. Will said
Arthur was sick and disturbed (due to his mother), there was even mentioned of him with a stint in a mental Institute if do recall reason why he was seeing that social worker. He barely knew what was real and what wasn't half the time.

Foster on the other hand knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.

That's why I don't see the comparison, it's sane vs insane.
Arthur didn't k*ll anyone bcuz of mental issues. He k*lled people bcuz they wronged him. And havin mental issues doesn't make someone insane. He wasn't insane. He k*lled out of anger. His mental issues is a side topic. Had people not fucced him over, he would not have harmed them. He was very aware of who he harmed and did it out of revenge, not insanity.

I don't see the comparison between the 2 movies either because the dude in Falling Down was just a bully. Arthur was just out for justice against those that wronged him.

It's bully vs victim

Last edited by Number5; 11-27-2019 at 04:38 PM..

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+130online now  39
Memorable pictures from this decade
210 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+71online now  26
Video inside Top Winning Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe!
85 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside SMACK/URL - SMACK Volume 5 [DISCUSSION THREAD/LIVE UPDATES]
361 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
YOO CUMBERLAND MALL in ATLANTA really got SHOT UP over some JORDANS :mjdamn: