Worst PC game issue you've ever run into?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+77  49
80 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+43  31
70 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '19        #1
1335 page views
35 comments

Sanshirō  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 5868 5 K  Slaps total: 1289 1 K
Worst PC game issue you've ever run into?

+2   

best
worst
35 comments

3 weeks ago '10        #2
KJHARDY 
space
space
Props total: 20046 20 K  Slaps total: 2648 2 K
I couldn't get Street f*ghter x Tekken to work at all because of that sh*t.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 6457 6 K  Slaps total: 6189 6 K
Trying to download Lotro on my old laptop with windows 7 and I kept getting that microsoft redistributle error message.

No matter what, that sh*t wouldnt download.

Now that I got me a gaming laptop, those days are over!!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #4
xxflyingarmbarx 
space
space
Props total: 1144 1 K  Slaps total: 120 120
PC crashed as soon as the opening cinematic for Far Cry 3 finished. Every. Time. fu*ked with it for weeks before someone asked me if i wanted to them to start a new game and kick me a save file from early on. I think that was the worst one i have ever really had to deal with.
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #5
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 7149 7 K  Slaps total: 1693 1 K
Pretty sure back in the day I downloaded many PC games that were binded with backdoors/rats that either used my computer/network as part of a bot farm to perform ddos attacks or I ended up downloading malware and having to reformat my computer lol which happened a couple of times
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
rashadd 
space
space
Props total: 8168 8 K  Slaps total: 537 537
I'm new to PC gaming so currently trying to get Rdr2 to run smoothly (especially in the towns/cities) almost makes me not want to play it. Stuttering and lagging so bad, the people and horses move like minecraft characters.

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #7
Nosbig 
space
space
Props total: 1716 1 K  Slaps total: 211 211
 rashadd said
I'm new to PC gaming so currently trying to get Rdr2 to run smoothly (especially in the towns/cities) almost makes me not want to play it. Stuttering and lagging so bad, the people and horses move like minecraft characters.

Its poorly optimized lol try putting your graphic settings down. Or repair the install files in the launcher I'm a*suming it probably uses epic games?

2 weeks ago '17        #8
Lite 
space
space
Props total: 21108 21 K  Slaps total: 3788 3 K
The new COD is the worst... every time I boot up the 1st game will drop frames any time me or the opponent start shooting at one another.. i probably go 0-5 every time i boot up so i dont bother wit k/d ratio

I pretty much have to set the framerate limit to 100-120 anything above that the game starts bugging out

Last edited by Lite; 11-29-2019 at 09:59 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #9
rashadd 
space
space
 Nosbig said
Its poorly optimized lol try putting your graphic settings down. Or repair the install files in the launcher I'm a*suming it probably uses epic games?
Thanks. I watch a vid where a guy did something in the coding? (I don't know the appropriate term) but I think it was what you were saying about launch settings.

Also I put everything on medium and the quality is so noticeable from my med-high settings that it's bothers me. Also count the fact that this in only happening in the town/city areas (Saint Denis and Valentine are the worst) and it happens at all medium settings.

Last I have 1440p monitor and switched to 1080p, but obviously this won't give me a full screen. Also I have Rockstar launcher. Thanks

2 weeks ago '06        #10
TreZ 
space
space
Props total: 4574 4 K  Slaps total: 1329 1 K
 rashadd said
Thanks. I watch a vid where a guy did something in the coding? (I don't know the appropriate term) but I think it was what you were saying about launch settings.

Also I put everything on medium and the quality is so noticeable from my med-high settings that it's bothers me. Also count the fact that this in only happening in the town/city areas (Saint Denis and Valentine are the worst) and it happens at all medium settings.

Last I have 1440p monitor and switched to 1080p, but obviously this won't give me a full screen. Also I have Rockstar launcher. Thanks

What are your pc specs
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
Nosbig 
space
space
Props total: 1716 1 K  Slaps total: 211 211
 Lite said
The new COD is the worst... every time I boot up the 1st game will drop frames any time me or the opponent start shooting at one another.. i probably go 0-5 every time i boot up so i dont bother wit k/d ratio

I pretty much have to set the framerate limit to 100-120 anything above that the game starts bugging out
That's weird I get 220fps but at 1080p instead of 1440p I play on med settings tho
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #12
Sanshirō  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
Dark Souls is a bi*ch to run. Had to get the DsFix mod and it barely fixed the lag, had to give it up without even playing it. Hate that fu*king game so much.

2 weeks ago '14        #13
rashadd 
space
space
 TreZ said
What are your pc specs
1700 (based)
1070ti
32gb ram

2 weeks ago '19        #14
space
space
 rashadd said

Check your specs out. I started gaming on PC when I was 10 and had no idea that was a thing, would get mad and punch the computer like an idiot all the time. Hit DxDiag on the command prompt or start menu. If you're using a Celeron chip, around 4 to 2gb of ram, then you've got no business playing that game.

Or you could do what most of us do and sub to the lowspecgamer on YouTube and play demanding games on craptops like we do lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #15
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 70194 70 K  Slaps total: 3900 3 K
not getting into any fanboy sh*t, dont @ me

but these are some of the main reasons why i dont bother with PC gaming. I know it doesnt happen all the time, but it happens.

when i sit down to unwind and play video games, i DONT have time for any bs.

i press the button....i want it the game to start up immediately. No time for troubleshooting, fixing stuff, reinstalling/uninstalling sh*t etc.

Ima stick to consoles
+9   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Lite 
space
space
Props total: 21108 21 K  Slaps total: 3788 3 K
 Nosbig said
That's weird I get 220fps but at 1080p instead of 1440p I play on med settings tho
Yea my sh*t runs better on 1080 but with the big a*s 1080 card i shouldnt have to play at 1080 just to get it to run right... this is the only game to give me problems honestly
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #17
tfc1193 
space
space
Props total: 4411 4 K  Slaps total: 688 688
Mafia 2 had a game-breaking bug on PC. Near the start of the game where you buy the lock picks from Gesepi, you have to jack a car and then the police are alerted. Problem is it creates this weird slow down effect that's supposed to go away after a few seconds but never does. The game will just stay in slow motion indefinitely, thus making the game unplayable
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 43116 43 K  Slaps total: 10046 10 K
 realgunta said

but these are some of the main reasons why i dont bother with PC gaming. I know it doesnt happen all the time, but it happens.

i press the button....i want it the game to start up immediately. No time for troubleshooting, fixing stuff, reinstalling/uninstalling sh*t etc.

Ima stick to consoles
Honestly not a bad reason. Playing GTA IV on PC is annoying as fu*k because of that Games for Windows sh*t.

Not to mention unless you prefer playing with a xbox or 8bitdo controller, whatever you like playing with gon be a bi*ch to setup. DS4 ight but I still run into issues

Last edited by SPdaGOAT; 11-29-2019 at 04:20 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 70194 70 K  Slaps total: 3900 3 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Honestly not a bad reason. Playing GTA IV on PC is annoying as fu*k because of that Games for Windows sh*t.

Not to mention unless you prefer playing with a xbox or 8bitdo controller, whatever you like playing with gon be a bi*ch to setup. DS4 ight but I still run into issues
yeah man, i cant deal with that
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #20
Pretty Tone 
space
space
Props total: 28351 28 K  Slaps total: 2531 2 K
The evil within was a fu*kin sh*t show.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #21
space
space
 tfc1193 said
Mafia 2 had a game-breaking bug on PC. Near the start of the game where you buy the lock picks from Gesepi, you have to jack a car and then the police are alerted. Problem is it creates this weird slow down effect that's supposed to go away after a few seconds but never does. The game will just stay in slow motion indefinitely, thus making the game unplayable
Man, when sh*t like that happens I get so angry but I tell myself I'm gonna make this sh*t run. I don't care what it is, it WILL work lol. There should be a patch for that.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #22
tfc1193 
space
space
Props total: 4411 4 K  Slaps total: 688 688
 Sanshirō said
Man, when sh*t like that happens I get so angry but I tell myself I'm gonna make this sh*t run. I don't care what it is, it WILL work lol. There should be a patch for that.
It works on amd hardware. I was able to get it to work on my gf PC. But for some reason on Intel it will not work. I've tried literally everything even messing around with the .ini files. Nothing
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #23
space
space
 tfc1193 said
It works on amd hardware. I was able to get it to work on my gf PC. But for some reason on Intel it will not work. I've tried literally everything even messing around with the .ini files. Nothing
It's hard to optimise for, Intel video cards, I suppose. I wanted to play KOTOR 2 and it would shut down right after the opening cutscene. Intel video cards are just trash lol

2 weeks ago '14        #24
rashadd 
space
space
 realgunta said

Ima stick to consoles
Yeah but when it works the experience on PC >>>> Is way better.

But I understand it though

Sanshirō said
Check your specs out. I started gaming on PC when I was 10 and had no idea that was a thing, would get mad and punch the computer like an idiot all the time. Hit DxDiag on the command prompt or start menu. If you're using a Celeron chip, around 4 to 2gb of ram, then you've got no business playing that game.

Or you could do what most of us do and sub to the lowspecgamer on YouTube and play demanding games on craptops like we do lol
Seems there may have been some human error on my part... 32 gb of ram and I was trying to overclock my ram and cpu and noticed I could oc the CPU but not the ram. Most definitely didn't want to do a bios update and thankfully I notice somehow that the ram was reading in bios but when I looked at the holdings, somehow two of them were not all the way in. So probably the past 3 months my pc has probably been able to only use 8gb of ram. Runs like a different PC now.

+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #25
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4208 4 K  Slaps total: 302 302
 realgunta said

when I sit down to unwind and play video games, i DONT have time for any bs.

I press the button... I want the game to start up immediately. No time for troubleshooting, fixing stuff, reinstalling/uninstalling sh*t etc.

Ima stick to consoles
I feel you, sometimes its the opposite for me. I have the same experience but on PC. The thing I get tired of on consoles is mandatory updates... I turn the ps4 on to game for an hour or so and then 20 minutes later after updating I turn it off

the troubleshooting sh*t part is annoying, I haven't had many games that didn't work on PC for me, but if it didn't work i'd get it for the ps4
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+170online now  16
Image(s) inside 80s & Early 90s Babies: Part ii...
205 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  10
Image(s) inside Shaq Shares A Pic Of Him And A Young Rick Ross
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Switch That Turns GLOCK Into Mini-Machine Gun Showing Up in Chiraq!!!
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker leaks have hit the web (Rey is...... *SPOILER*)
63 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy