The 2020 Cadillac CT4

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+28  60
39 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '04        #26
focused313 
space
space
Props total: 3399 3 K  Slaps total: 424 424
 ExNihilo said
I liked the CTS-V, was looking for a wagon. Still might get one eventually, but I'd pick up an old school first.

The interior is clean but honestly I'm not a huge fan of the haptic feedback stuff, but that's been Cadi's thing for a while. I guess I'm old fashioned and just like buttons

The car seems lighter, and moves great. It doesn't have the raw horse power, but if you're under 100mph the response is similar to the CTS V. I say similar because you can tell it starts to "pull" around 80/85, when I didn't really feel the previous models "pull" until I was around 110/115.

Since GM is placing top priorities on trucks and SUVs (and the car lineup is basically decimated) the only cars you'll see significant HP from are gonna be the Camaro & Corvette.

I'm still waiting to see the next Vette that's gonna be electronic FWD/engine RWD. The 2020 is nice, but I'm a lil too big to feel comfortable in those race bucket seats lol (6'2/280).

The best way to describe the current state of the Big 3 is:
- GM is placing it's bets on SUVs and making less expensive high value brands (Cadi under 40k and Vette under 60K for entry models)
- FCA is giving away HP for the low. Hands down you can get into a high HP Charger or Challenger for cheap
- Ford was in limbo until they acquired RIvian, so they're trying to get the jump on electric vehicles

All 3 get their bread and butter from trucks and SUVs though.

Everyone is pushing towards electric, so I personally don't think we'll see the gas powered engines advancing that much. The HP that electric produces is gonna be crazy. Tesla was first to major market, but with the other automakers jumping in, it should only get better. By 2025 I wouldn't be surprised if we see more vehicles that can do 190mph+ with ease.
I don't know how many cars will be doing 190+, as I don't think top speed is the priority with electric vehicles. It's that 0-60 and crazy 1/4 numbers. Even the dudes who have put tesla motors in their non-tesla cars are out here smoking n*ggas. I really wish that I could get an insane electric drivetrain in a 72 Chevelle.
+1   

3 weeks ago '08        #27
ExNihilo 
space
space
Props total: 35692 35 K  Slaps total: 563 563
 focused313 said
I don't know how many cars will be doing 190+, as I don't think top speed is the priority with electric vehicles. It's that 0-60 and crazy 1/4 numbers. Even the dudes who have put tesla motors in their non-tesla cars are out here smoking n*ggas. I really wish that I could get an insane electric drivetrain in a 72 Chevelle.
I see what you mean, but speed comes naturally with electric as a technology. It's almost like overclocking PC's when you dealing with onboard computers doing everything. Tesla get over 200mph, the Taycan over 150mph so far, and I can't see the Mustang Mach E topping out under 150mph either.

That 190 might be a stretch, but I see people being able to do more with the tuning program on those types of engines. The hybrid Vette is at 900hp, but I heard people saying it's closer to 1000hp.

Putting an electric engine in a 72 would be a monster

It takes some bread (or know how) to do, but it can be done bro

Mustang is 0-60 under 2 seconds

Last edited by ExNihilo; 11-23-2019 at 10:10 PM..

7 days ago '16        #28
Illogic 
space
space
Props total: 4770 4 K  Slaps total: 3454 3 K
Not electric gets Automatic slap dumb a*s polluters noisy a*s cars

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+58online now  21