Godfather Of Harlem (Epix)

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 months ago '19        #26
Read1bookaweek 
space
space
space
Props total: 4019 4 K  Slaps total: 935 935
 AmillionMo said
Premium TV shows... Chapelle show was sketch comedy. Boondocks was a cartoon. Cosby show ended 30 years ago
You just mentioned some trash white comedies that are only staples because media was monopolized at the time.

There have been plenty of black shows with substance that are alot better but they get shut down. Nothing you can do but get private investors and put out shows independently

3 months ago '04        #27
Marccoogs19 
space
space
Props total: 9038 9 K  Slaps total: 308 308
I was nervous about how they would portray Malcolm. But they have given him a nice balance. I'm also glad they are not sugarfooting with the mafia dudes being racist. I always have a problem with blacks idolizing mafia gangsters, when in truth they hated the sh*t out of black people.
+6   

3 months ago '15        #28
AmillionMo 
space
space
Props total: 10458 10 K  Slaps total: 3611 3 K
 Read1bookaweek said
You just mentioned some trash white comedies that are only staples because media was monopolized at the time.

There have been plenty of black shows with substance that are alot better but they get shut down. Nothing you can do but get private investors and put out shows independently
Insecure is 1. What black shows that are good that have substance on primetime tv that's known to the masses. I'm not talking Queen Sugar or Tyler Perry sh*t...we had shows like Cosby, Martin, A Different World, Family Matters...none with that impact anymore
+1   

3 months ago '15        #29
KingTrips 
space
space
space
Props total: 8165 8 K  Slaps total: 883 883
Dope show so far... first 2 episodes had a lot going on...

3 months ago '16        #30
GillyGillzGiles 
space
space
space
Props total: 1347 1 K  Slaps total: 768 768
Yawn another i sold dope and ruined communities tale Iím good
+1   

3 months ago '19        #31
Read1bookaweek 
space
space
space
Props total: 4019 4 K  Slaps total: 935 935
 AmillionMo said
Insecure is 1. What black shows that are good that have substance on primetime tv that's known to the masses. I'm not talking Queen Sugar or Tyler Perry sh*t...we had shows like Cosby, Martin, A Different World, Family Matters...none with that impact anymore
That's Hollywood, what else do you expect? Find some black actors working on a project you would like to see and donate to it. Lose expectations and do for self

2 months ago '05        #32
chi town hustla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 38196 38 K  Slaps total: 2028 2 K
 AmillionMo said
Tired of these shows where the blacks folk are always criminals. It's too many out. Empire, The Chi, Snowfall, This show, Power. I mean come on, where are the cold black shows like Seinfeld, Friends, s*x and the City, Cheers, etc. Not talking Tyler Perry shows or all the soft abc, nbc shows either. I'm talking primetime premium cable shows
Come to think about it. I only watch white criminal shows too Mr robot, better call Saul, breaking bad, peaky blinders
+7   

2 months ago '16        #33
GUMa 
space
space
space
Props total: 1985 1 K  Slaps total: 3584 3 K
I heard the later episodes get a little soap opery. Is this good as breaking bad?

2 months ago '17        #34
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 33469 33 K  Slaps total: 3075 3 K
 rashadd said
Can you recommend some shows. All my favorite show take 2 years to drop another season.

Better Call Saul, walking dead, Atlanta, super natural are some of my favorites. I want to watch the wire but I think i messed that up because I watched alot of the best moments of YouTube already. My co worker recommended True Detective and says it's a really great show and probably be the next show I binge...

to me the shield is better than them all.
when you watch it from start to finish its really dope.
everything revolves around and is tied back to that very first episode.

the season with anthony anderson and glenn close is better than anything Ive seen on tv.
+7   

2 months ago '05        #35
DaDon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17736 17 K  Slaps total: 784 784
The actress that plays Bumpy's wife is so damn cold

+11   

2 months ago '05        #36
Fauby 
space
space
Props total: 16825 16 K  Slaps total: 2071 2 K
 GillyGillzGiles said
Yawn another i sold dope and ruined communities tale Iím good
You never heard of bumpy Johnson I take it?

This is a true story

2 months ago '05        #37
Fauby 
space
space
 GUMa said
I heard the later episodes get a little soap opery. Is this good as breaking bad?
There's only two episodes out, wtf you talking about?

So far first two episodes are dope as fu*k, but I can see this going 5 seasons, since by the time he got out of jail in 63, he was dead by 68.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #38
Fauby 
space
space
Also be interesting to see how they introduce Frank Lucas in the future seasons. Bumpy was his mentor
+1   

2 months ago '04        #39
georgebenson 
space
space
Props total: 3972 3 K  Slaps total: 216 216
she was on "Billions"

DaDon23 said
The actress that plays Bumpy's wife is so damn cold

+3   

2 months ago '05        #40
chi town hustla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 38196 38 K  Slaps total: 2028 2 K
 Fauby said
Also be interesting to see how they introduce Frank Lucas in the future seasons. Bumpy was his mentor
I talked about lying as Frank in a thread a while ago. Mayme said bump didn't fu*k with Frank like that he made that sh*t up. She said Frank might've been his driver for a yr max.
+3   

2 months ago '05        #41
Fauby 
space
space
 chi town hustla said
I talked about lying as Frank in a thread a while ago. Mayme said bump didn't fu*k with Frank like that he made that sh*t up. She said Frank might've been his driver for a yr max.
Still be interesting to see what they do with that dynamic

2 months ago '10        #42
jayjay2 
space
space
Props total: 3417 3 K  Slaps total: 353 353
This show is dope so far!
+1   

2 months ago '16        #43
space
space
Props total: 23202 23 K  Slaps total: 2907 2 K
 AmillionMo said
Tired of these shows where the blacks folk are always criminals. It's too many out. Empire, The Chi, Snowfall, This show, Power. I mean come on, where are the cold black shows like Seinfeld, Friends, s*x and the City, Cheers, etc. Not talking Tyler Perry shows or all the soft abc, nbc shows either. I'm talking primetime premium cable shows
Atlanta is the only one that I can think of now that you mention it.

Maybe Blackish but I've never seen it.
+2   

2 months ago '08        #44
Skilly713 
space
space
space
Props total: 9529 9 K  Slaps total: 851 851
 rashadd said
Can you recommend some shows. All my favorite show take 2 years to drop another season.

Better Call Saul, walking dead, Atlanta, super natural are some of my favorites. I want to watch the wire but I think i messed that up because I watched alot of the best moments of YouTube already. My co worker recommended True Detective and says it's a really great show and probably be the next show I binge...

I feel you on not watching shows. I use to see wonder how my Old Man watched The Wire, Sopranos, Chapelle and all those shows when they first aired because I prejudged them in passing to be corny and boring without ever giving them a shot. I was a damn fool and

About 2 years ago a friend of mine convinced me to watch Breaking Bad and it's been a wrap since. I missed out on a lot of dope stuff at the time on the other hand I don't gotta wait a week to see the next episodes.

The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The CHI, ATL, Ozark pretty much the only shows I've seen since Bernie Mac and the original Boondocks went off. Whether it's a movie or show I like to watch stuff that's a reflection on reality with unpredictable plot twist, just gotta have some substance to it.

I know one day I'll give Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc. a chance cuz' I'm sure they're probably good due to how much I hear about them but if yall know some gems like the shows listed above put me on game.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #45
GillyGillzGiles 
space
space
space
Props total: 1347 1 K  Slaps total: 768 768
 Fauby said
You never heard of bumpy Johnson I take it?

This is a true story
F**k bumpy Johnson i saw hoodlum wtf
Iím old af just tired of glorifying cancers to our people

2 months ago '14        #46
rashadd 
space
space
Props total: 8173 8 K  Slaps total: 537 537
 Skilly713 said
I feel you on not watching shows. I use to see wonder how my Old Man watched The Wire, Sopranos, Chapelle and all those shows when they first aired because I prejudged them in passing to be corny and boring without ever giving them a shot. I was a damn fool and

About 2 years ago a friend of mine convinced me to watch Breaking Bad and it's been a wrap since. I missed out on a lot of dope stuff at the time on the other hand I don't gotta wait a week to see the next episodes.

The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The CHI, ATL, Ozark pretty much the only shows I've seen since Bernie Mac and the original Boondocks went off. Whether it's a movie or show I like to watch stuff that's a reflection on reality with unpredictable plot twist, just gotta have some substance to it.

I know one day I'll give Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc. a chance cuz' I'm sure they're probably good due to how much I hear about them but if yall know some gems like the shows listed above put me on game.
Breaking bad is my all time favorite and I just rewatched it last month and it was even better than I remembered. Whenever I watched game of Thrones it only made me want to play Skyrim and never made it pass the first episode. But will let this season to finish to check out the show in the op.

Also season three's? I noticed some shows seem to take a dive after season three. Sons of anarchy and Dexter are two I can name. And although I finished both series it seems like the director wants to switch things up and everything just seems forced after that...

For example, a significant death happened at the end of the season, so Im thinking surely this would cause the son to form his own group (in which the show has been obviously building towards) but first episode of season 4 everybody just sitting around like nothing happened...

Last edited by rashadd; 10-01-2019 at 07:49 AM..

2 months ago '15        #47
AmillionMo 
space
space
Props total: 10458 10 K  Slaps total: 3611 3 K
 00010111 said
Atlanta is the only one that I can think of now that you mention it.

Maybe Blackish but I've never seen it.
Paper Boi sells drugs. Lol

2 months ago '04        #48
jsmooth-117 
space
space
space
Props total: 23151 23 K  Slaps total: 2712 2 K
This show is pure Perico

2 months ago '14        #49
4evaabso 
space
space
Props total: 29414 29 K  Slaps total: 11692 11 K
Flames

2 months ago '14        #50
4evaabso 
space
space
Props total: 29414 29 K  Slaps total: 11692 11 K
 georgebenson said
she was on "Billions"
McAfee

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+131online now  49
Memorable pictures from this decade
213 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+71online now  31
Video inside Top Winning Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe!
85 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  29
Video inside SMACK/URL - SMACK Volume 5 [DISCUSSION THREAD/LIVE UPDATES]
363 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+34online now  13
Image(s) inside Most Powerful Weapons In The Marvel Universe, Ranked By Destructive Fo..
58 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy