Tom Holland Reiterates There Should Be a Gay Spider-Man One Day

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
74 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
25 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 months ago '14        #1
916 page views
28 comments

Comicsnow 
space
space
Props total: 14549 14 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
Tom Holland Reiterates There Should Be a Gay Spider-Man One Day

As the*Marvel Cinematic Universe*as well as other cinematic representations of Marvel characters expands, so does the diversity of those worlds. In the MCU specifically, we will soon be getting the first openly gay character in a lead role in*The Eternals. It's not too hard to imagine that, after that, we'll see more LGBTQ+ representation in superhero films and for*Spider-Man: Far From Home*star*Tom Holland, it's something he welcomes -- and is even all for a gay Spidey.

In a new video with*GQ*in which Holland goes undercover on social media to answer fan questions, Holland replied to one fan on Twitter who asked, "didn't Tom Holland say he wanted Spider-Man to be gay?" In his reply Holland clarified his previous statement a bit, but maintained that he does, indeed, hope to someday see a gay version of Spider-Man on screen.

:The question asked was 'do you think there should be a gay Spider-Man?' I think that would be a very progressive way to kind of create a new character," Holland said. "So, yeah, I think there should be one day, and I hope that I get to share the screen with that person."

Back in July, Holland told Gay Times that he was supportive*of the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- and other major franchises -- pursuing greater diversity that includes not only people of other races and

"Yeah of course. I can’t talk about the future of the character because honestly, I don’t know and it’s out of my hands. But I do know a lot about the future of Marvel, and they are going to be representing lots of different people in the next few years. The world isn’t as simple as a straight white guy. It doesn’t end there, and these films need to represent more than one type of person."

And Marvel seems to be moving ahead with representing more than one type of person. Last month, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige revealed that*The Eternals will feature an openly gay character who is married and has a family of their own.

"He's married, he's got a family, and that is just part of who he is," Feige said.

Notably, Feige did not reveal who that openly gay family man is but fans have been speculating for some time that it could be Ikaris, who will be played by*Game of Thronesalum Richard Madden. Ikaris is one of the main characters in Jack Kirby's original*The Eternalscomic.

Whoever*The Eternals' openly gay character ends up being, it's important that it's just one facet of who the character is. It's also important that the character is the first, not the only. Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie will also fall under the LGBTQ+ umbrella. Thompson revealed at San Diego Comic-Con that Valkyrie, who was last seen being made King of Asgard by Thor at the end of*Avengers: Endgame, will be looking for a Queen to rule alongside her in New Asgard in*Thor: Love and Thunder. It's a move that will technically make Valkyrie the MCU's first LGBTQ+ hero.

visit this link https://comicbook.com/mar .. er-man-marvel/

best
worst
28 comments

3 months ago '19        #2
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 10118 10 K  Slaps total: 2657 2 K
I've never heard of Tim Holland. That's like a 'direct to video' kind of movie. ticket sales would tank at the box office, especially in the Muslim countries where Sharia laws are against fudge packing.

+2   

3 months ago '18        #3
Blaffy 
space
space
Props total: 63280 63 K  Slaps total: 5485 5 K

+2   

3 months ago '14        #4
agriffiths 
space
space
Props total: 2676 2 K  Slaps total: 528 528
Why the fu*k is everyone always pushing the gay agenda?!?? Jesus christ just let sh*t be. If u wanna be gay, be gay! Who tf cares?!? Stop trying to turn everything gay
+20   

3 months ago '16        #5
bossdon365  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 3962 3 K  Slaps total: 2628 2 K
Spider-Man can never be gay he gets too much pu**y, mary jane, gwen stacy, gay people wanna takeover everything even when it makes no damn sense and fu*ks up the original story. just make your own gay superhero and go be gay over there
+15   

3 months ago '14        #6
Comicsnow  OP
space
space
Props total: 14549 14 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
yall know im usually big on visuals in my threads , but i tried to look for picks for this ....... that sh*t was a horrible mistake never again n*gga
+1   

3 months ago '19        #7
HeyChico  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
space
space
Props total: 12729 12 K  Slaps total: 8837 8 K
Nobody wanna see a spider man without MCU reference
+7   

3 months ago '12        #8
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 78752 78 K  Slaps total: 13077 13 K
Why? What layer does that even add to a super hero character?
+5   

3 months ago '13        #9
IamDaGawd 
space
space
Props total: 4118 4 K  Slaps total: 1839 1 K
fu*king Christ
+3   

3 months ago '07        #10
zynnlahh 
space
space
space
Props total: 2354 2 K  Slaps total: 310 310
If Spiderman was never gay in the comics why should he be in the movies. I could understand if there was a wall crawler that was (not Peter of Miles) a member of that community I wouldn't care if they put them in the movies or tv, but I'm also one of the people who would like to see Idris Elba as James Bond.
+1   

3 months ago '11        #11
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 50158 50 K  Slaps total: 6814 6 K
 AlBooBoo said
Why? What layer does that even add to a super hero character?
To please f*g**ts like you and the same bi*ches who cried during trashgame.

3 months ago '12        #12
AlBooBoo 
space
space
 CALViiiN said
To please f*g**ts

Basically
+1   

3 months ago '05        #13
kriskross00 
space
space
Props total: 56196 56 K  Slaps total: 6985 6 K
 bossdon365 said
Spider-Man can never be gay he gets too much pu**y, mary jane, gwen stacy, gay people wanna takeover everything even when it makes no damn sense and fu*ks up the original story. just make your own gay superhero and go be gay over there
"Gets too much pu**y"....names 2 girls

I know u from boxden
+3   

3 months ago '11        #14
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 50158 50 K  Slaps total: 6814 6 K
 AlBooBoo said
Basically
Lol I’m jk booboo get on snap. ho a*s.
@ demands it

3 months ago '12        #15
AlBooBoo 
space
space
 CALViiiN said
Lol I’m jk booboo get on snap. ho a*s.
@ demands it
I’ll Hop on this weekend bro
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '06        #16
LeMar G 
space
space
Props total: 60048 60 K  Slaps total: 6341 6 K
There should be a black spider-man

+4   

3 months ago '04        #17
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 18034 18 K  Slaps total: 1119 1 K
there are 100 different versions of spiderman so i don't see why not if its an original character like ben reilly and miles morales. making peter parker or the other already existed spidermen gay just because ain't the move.

i know they are testing it with that chick in thor but if they want to do an lgbt character for a solo then try ms america. at least she is gay already
+3   

3 months ago '05        #18
Micheal C. Will 
space
space
Props total: 41348 41 K  Slaps total: 6122 6 K
You know it's coming though, probably a whole bunch of existing characters in Marvel and DC, that folks are looking to insert gay on.

It's a only matter of time. The only way to combat it, is just don't support it.

Once it starts hitting their bottomline, they will wise up.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #19
Muggz 
space
space
Props total: 11761 11 K  Slaps total: 3787 3 K
there was.....Andrew Garfield already did it

I mean sh*t topher grace gotta be half a f*g too

3 months ago '04        #20
all3rd 
space
space
Props total: 32254 32 K  Slaps total: 10534 10 K
Maybe or maybe not I mean Iron Man is an African American Thor white female so anything is possible.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #21
all3rd 
space
space
Props total: 32254 32 K  Slaps total: 10534 10 K
 Muggz said
there was.....Andrew Garfield already did it

I mean sh*t topher grace gotta be half a f*g too
What did Topher do?

3 months ago '17        #22
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 34423 34 K  Slaps total: 3601 3 K

Peter Parker with a lisp

3 months ago '18        #23
Blaffy 
space
space
Props total: 63280 63 K  Slaps total: 5485 5 K

3 months ago '17        #24
Rich130 
space
space
Props total: 14008 14 K  Slaps total: 1375 1 K
I’ll pass on that one.

+1   

3 months ago '14        #25
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 11192 11 K  Slaps total: 7253 7 K
Tom Holland never directly said spiderman should be gay he is being asked on his thoughts of it and he cant simply say no or he'll be destroyed.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  33
OT Julian Newman Scored 5,000 POINTS in HS.. Why isn’t he..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  28
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass ..
116 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside Chevy Corvette SUV on its way?
31 comments
23 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+122online now  15
Rappers who turned out a whole lot differently than they started
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy