Dec 3 - New snake species discovered in India

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+38  76
46 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '19        #1
2223 page views
18 comments

Dark Cobra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 10989 10 K  Slaps total: 1139 1 K
Dec 3 - New snake species discovered in India

Researchers have discovered a new species of non-venomous burrowing snake in Arunachal Pradesh, named Trachischium apteii. It was found under fallen logs inside a thickly forested area of the Tally Valley Wildlife Sanctuary near the town of Ziro in Arunachal Pradesh during a field expedition by researchers in July 2019.

“Three specimens of the new species were found in field that helped diagnose the new species,” states the paper published by three researchers — Harshal Bhonsle, Gaurang Gowande and Zeeshan Mirza — in the international science journal Comptes Rendus Biologies.

While Mr. Bonsle is a*sociated with the bombay Natural History Society (BNHS), Mumbai, Mr. Gowande is a*sociated with Pune’s Fergusson College, and Mr. Mirza works with the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru. Mr. Mirza said that the newly discovered species belongs to a group of fossorial snakes that live mostly underground, and surface mainly during or after a heavy monsoon shower.

Burrowing habit

Experts behind the discovery suggested that due to the burrowing habits of species of this genus, snakes belonging to the group are seldom seen and hence remain poorly studied. This could have been one of the reasons that the species had eluded the researchers.

Trachischium apteii was named so to honour the contribution of Deepak Apte, well-known marine biologist and Director of the BNHS. Trachischium species are commonly called slender snakes, and are currently known by seven species that are distributed across the Himalayas, and the Indo-Burma and Indo-China regions.

Morphologically, the snake is distinguished by smooth and dorsal scales arranged in 15 rows throughout the body. The dorsal colour of the holotype is dark brown to black with faint dorsal longitudinal lines. Large-sized members of the genus measure about 293 mm to 299 mm (measuring less than a foot, that is 300 mm or 30 cm).

Researchers behind the discovery, who covered large tracts of forested land in northeast India, said that they have documented more species from the forests of Arunachal Pradesh, which is likely to yield new species. Work is underway to describe them.

Underlining that forests across northeast India have not been well-explored for their biodiversity, especially reptiles, amphibians and most invertebrate groups, the authors have said that “anthropogenic pressures like road widening, construction of dams and hydropower plants threaten the forest and biodiversity across Arunachal Pradesh”.

visit this link https://www.google.com/am .. 99823.ece/amp/
+4   

best
worst
18 comments

2 weeks ago '07        #2
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
space
space
Props total: 115094 115 K  Slaps total: 12093 12 K
 Dark Cobra said

fu*k snakes as a reptile, nasty MF'kn snake and as a MF'kn species, and if you...

+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #3
Dark Cobra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
 Avon_Barksdale said
fu*k snakes as a reptile, nasty MF'kn snake and as a MF'kn species, and if you...

2 weeks ago '13        #4
mikejuheard 
space
space
Props total: 60103 60 K  Slaps total: 10487 10 K
Indians love to play with snakes
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #5
NYSTATEOFMIND 
space
space
Props total: 4252 4 K  Slaps total: 228 228
I am surprised it doesnt have 3 conjoined heads or something odd
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #6
Dark Cobra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
 NYSTATEOFMIND said
I am surprised it doesnt have 3 conjoined heads or something odd

2 weeks ago '06        #7
detroitdipset 
space
space
Props total: 2808 2 K  Slaps total: 211 211
I knew it was you..lol

Black herpers salute Hopefully my Super Dwarf retics go this year!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #8
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 55291 55 K  Slaps total: 2929 2 K
"Your mama done told me about this Big Snake situation"

+7   

2 weeks ago '07        #9
space
space
 mikejuheard said
Indians love to play with snakes

+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #10
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 6090 6 K  Slaps total: 890 890
See, we aren't causing mass extinction! We are still finding new species

2 weeks ago '07        #11
space
space
 zzxxccvvbb said

Fact's...

2 weeks ago '06        #12
itZVerZe318 
space
space
Props total: 1872 1 K  Slaps total: 261 261
I laugh when I hear some new discovery sh*t... This is still an alien planet, what they mean is they found some sh*t they haven't before... sh*t been here longer than us
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
nastynotic 
space
space
space
Props total: 612 612  Slaps total: 100 100
Bruh WTF is going on over in India!?!? What's in the water besides EVERY LIVING ORGANISM known and unknown to modern day science?!?! Still looking forward to visiting India one day.

2 weeks ago '04        #14
NaMeLeSs- 
space
space
Props total: 6341 6 K  Slaps total: 414 414
 zzxxccvvbb said
Imagine the sh*t we k*lled before we even discovered it...

2 weeks ago '04        #15
eazyvaboy 
space
space
Props total: 21960 21 K  Slaps total: 1127 1 K
 itZVerZe318 said
I laugh when I hear some new discovery sh*t... This is still an alien planet, what they mean is they found some sh*t they haven't before... sh*t been here longer than us
I know right. Imagine what type of sh!t they gonna find if they ever able to get biologist and naturalist in places like North Korea and Sudan.

2 weeks ago '13        #16
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
Props total: 30067 30 K  Slaps total: 5716 5 K
 itZVerZe318 said
It’s new to us, that why it’s called a “new discovery”. They’re not saying the species is literally new. You know that right?

2 weeks ago '04        #17
JJH35 
space
space
Props total: 1901 1 K  Slaps total: 232 232
India's a nasty sh*t hole anyways.

Snakes are gross though, we don't have poisonous ones nearby (even though there are a few listed for this region of my state). We always have a few black rat snakes around sun bathing late spring thru early summer.

While they are actually pretty harmless and beneficial, as they feed on the other nasty's (rodents) I don't like seeing them right outside my front door catching some rays.

I choose nature these days I guess and just squirt them with water to get them to move on, instead of my prior past of machete and pellet gun.

2 weeks ago '08        #18
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 55291 55 K  Slaps total: 2929 2 K
 JJH35 said
India's a nasty sh*t hole anyways.

Snakes are gross though, we don't have poisonous ones nearby (even though there are a few listed for this region of my state). We always have a few black rat snakes around sun bathing late spring thru early summer.

While they are actually pretty harmless and beneficial, as they feed on the other nasty's (rodents) I don't like seeing them right outside my front door catching some rays.

I choose nature these days I guess and just squirt them with water to get them to move on, instead of my prior past of machete and pellet gun.
What state you live in? People eat snakes down here in Texas. sh*t can actually be good if done right.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
itZVerZe318 
space
space
Props total: 1872 1 K  Slaps total: 261 261
 eazyvaboy said
I know right. Imagine what type of sh!t they gonna find if they ever able to get biologist and naturalist in places like North Korea and Sudan.
Our planet worries about sh*t we can't fathom or completely comprehend such as space rather than master what we have in front of us... We haven't even cleared our own planet yet but worrying about wtf Mars doing... Typical earthling sh*t

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+28online now  23
Scientists Found the Deepest Land on Earth Hiding Beneath Antarctica's Ice
168 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
People are fed up with the sky-high cost of smartphones
42 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
-82online now  12
Image(s) inside KARDASHIAN-WEST FAMiLY RELEASES SHOCKING XMAS PHOTO TODAY
85 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+157online now  7
Video inside This girl met her tinder dates without telling them how tall she was
196 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy