THE BATMAN Star Robert Pattinson Doubles Down On The Caped Crusader Not Being A Superhero

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '04        #26
JFamis 
space
space
Props total: 8077 8 K  Slaps total: 1138 1 K
 1Oh said
To me, the definition of a superhero is a hero with extraordinary gifts. Batman has extraordinary gifts. The things he's done, created, survived, and achieved cannot be replicated in reality; and he's doing all of this sh*t within a world of superheroes and supervillains.

Right... but this is straight from the dictionary...

a benevolent fictional character with superhuman powers, such as Superman.
If Batman is a superhero, then a ton of fictional characters are... by what you’re saying, you could argue someone like John Wick is a superhero.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #27
LicensedLegend 
space
space
Props total: 7273 7 K  Slaps total: 945 945
 1Oh said
To me, the definition of a superhero is a hero with extraordinary gifts. Batman has extraordinary gifts. The things he's done, created, survived, and achieved cannot be replicated in reality; and he's doing all of this sh*t within a world of superheroes and supervillains.

Dude said Batman only did those things because it’s a work of fiction. Is he trying to say all superhero books are non fiction?

2 weeks ago '07        #28
Rico23 
space
space
Props total: 22431 22 K  Slaps total: 2343 2 K
This is basically semantics...the annoying kind

Why would he even say this? Sounds pretentious and out of touch. Especially knowing how sensitive comic ppl are and knowing how starved ppl are to finally get a live action Prime age Batman. Why even make yourself/your comments be low hanging fruit
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #29
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 8735 8 K  Slaps total: 815 815

He gonna fu*k this up. Why they couldn’t pick someone more rugged who actually studied the batman comics?

2 weeks ago '06        #30
LeMar G 
space
space
Props total: 60684 60 K  Slaps total: 6430 6 K
 JFamis said
By definition, Batman is a vigilante who is usually a hero and not a superhero... y’all want this to flop, though.
n*gga shut up

Batman on the Justice league

He a super hero

2 weeks ago '04        #31
JFamis 
space
space
 LicensedLegend said
Dude said Batman only did those things because it’s a work of fiction. Is he trying to say all superhero books are non fiction?
No, I’m saying those things are possible for him humanly because it is fiction... at the end of the day, he still doesn’t have super powers... so he’s not a superhero. He’s a vigilante.

2 weeks ago '17        #32
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 23262 23 K  Slaps total: 942 942
 JFamis said
Right... but this is straight from the dictionary...

If Batman is a superhero, then a ton of fictional characters are... by what you’re saying, you could argue someone like John Wick is a superhero.
John Wick isnt f*ghting along side Superman to takedown Darkseid on the planet Apokolips. John Wick also isnt creating entirely new elements for the periodic table, like red kryptonite. And Wick also isn't creating mech suits.

2 weeks ago '05        #33
B-Block  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 1404 1 K  Slaps total: 55 55
Batman's superpower is his mind and his ability to be 5 steps ahead of the opposition and is a master in most or maybe all forms of martial arts...

2 weeks ago '14        #34
Los Pollos 
space
space
Props total: 11645 11 K  Slaps total: 7073 7 K
 QdobaCasanova said
I see where he's coming from and tbh that type of misunderstanding is to be expected when the movies that depict superheroes portray them as super beings foremost and "heroes" secondly.

But he's wrong tho.

Also this movie will suck d*ck.

Shame because a lot of normies still think Pattinson is a bad actor, despite him being in a slew of films post-Twilight that showcase how versatile and capable he is as an actor -- and this movie will tank+critically bomb and everyone will just blame him rather than just see that DC is artistically bankrupt and would rather cater to embittered incels with severe autism than, idk, make a decent movie.
Who the fu*k says sh*t like this before they’ve even seen a fu*king trailer? It’s not like the cast and director aren’t good on paper, so what exactly are you basing this on?

2 weeks ago '04        #35
JFamis 
space
space
 1Oh said
John Wick isnt f*ghting along side Superman to takedown Darkseid on the planet Apokolips. John Wick also isnt creating entirely new elements for the periodic table, like red kryptonite. And Wick also isn't creating mech suits.
And Robert Pattinson won't be doing any of that sh*t in these Batman movies neither. Most of that sci-fi sh*t isn't in the main runs of Batman stories. They're crime/detective stories.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #36
adotboogie 
space
space
Props total: 734 734  Slaps total: 98 98
He said the wrong thing man, although I feel it’s nothing I just lowered my expectations....

2 weeks ago '04        #37
dat_boi_tj 
space
space
Props total: 3298 3 K  Slaps total: 219 219
He aint tell a Lie
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #38
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 23262 23 K  Slaps total: 942 942
 JFamis said
And Robert Pattinson won't be doing any of that sh*t in these Batman movies neither. Most of that sci-fi sh*t isn't in the main runs of Batman stories. They're crime/detective stories.
Dont move the goal post. Robert Pattinson said Batman isnt a superhero, not Batman isnt a superhero in his new movie.

And even in the main run of the Batman comics, he's f*ghting Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Ras Al Ghul, and Poison Ivy. The Batman universe is fantasy as well and has been longer than we've been alive.

6 days ago '13        #39
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
Props total: 30071 30 K  Slaps total: 5716 5 K
 justinjones said
since when has Batman have to be the size of Thor?
Since when has anyone said Batman has to be the size of Thor?

6 days ago '10        #40
pacman45 
space
space
Props total: 12609 12 K  Slaps total: 513 513
Mfs really upset over this sh*t lol
+1   

6 days ago '16        #41
TrillSp 
space
space
Props total: 12920 12 K  Slaps total: 1469 1 K
Welp I didn't read not one lie. I fu*k with Batman but he's basically a billionaire on neighborhood watch. A wealthy Bob The Builder.
+1   

5 days ago '14        #42
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 56596 56 K  Slaps total: 18062 18 K
 JFamis said
By definition, Batman is a vigilante who is usually a hero and not a superhero... y’all want this to flop, though.
Basically.

Hella salty nerds in here who just mad that the girl they liked in high school had dude vampire poster in their locker. Residual resentment
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+131online now  41
Memorable pictures from this decade
213 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+71online now  30
Video inside Top Winning Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe!
87 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside SMACK/URL - SMACK Volume 5 [DISCUSSION THREAD/LIVE UPDATES]
363 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+35online now  8
Image(s) inside Most Powerful Weapons In The Marvel Universe, Ranked By Destructive Fo..
58 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy