Shenmue III | The Story goes on - Launch Trailer

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+50  126
440 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
-84  106
97 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 weeks ago '09        #51
Tiko377 
space
space
Props total: 13969 13 K  Slaps total: 1472 1 K

3 weeks ago '04        #52
jewelz1132 
space
space
Props total: 4977 4 K  Slaps total: 229 229
I gotta finish part 2 before I go into 3.. I might just watch a walkthrough for it because I'm a*sed out on Star Wars with all the glitches... I don't have sh*t to play anymore lol
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #53
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42995 42 K  Slaps total: 10011 10 K
fu*k Gold Tiger bruh
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #54
space
space
Why is chopping wood mad fun pause
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #55
W24x55 
space
space
Props total: 21816 21 K  Slaps total: 3115 3 K
 T Town84 said
Stuck on the same cat right now smh.. I struggle with The person who leads you to the dojo.. I'd be beating him and he would get a flurry in and I'd be done.. I knew I had to train cause he was unbeatable in the current state. The next day at the break of dawn i disregarded the plot.. Chopped wood from about 830-1 to earn some bread, and trained non stop till about 8pm. Leveled all the special moves up, then kung fu, and endurance a few levels.. went to see That boy the next morning

lmao

2 weeks ago '18        #56
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 16473 16 K  Slaps total: 709 709
 SPdaGOAT said
THIS f*ghtING SYSTEM!!!!!!!

When you sidestep at the right time and buddy wide open for the counter

This month and September been fu*king crazy
I've been caving nikkas heads in with that tiger thigh spin kick.

Side step, twin blades

The impact when you connect with their medulla oblongata
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #57
Tiko377 
space
space

2 weeks ago '17        #58
space
space
This sh*t makes me wanna play Viruta f*ghter so bad. Hopefully if this sells well, it could lead to that
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #59
thaghost36 
space
space
Props total: 1013 1 K  Slaps total: 62 62
 SPdaGOAT said
This sh*t makes me wanna play Viruta f*ghter so bad. Hopefully if this sells well, it could lead to that
one of the GOAT 3D f*ghting franchises.
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #60
[Trini Yute] 
space
space
Props total: 702 702  Slaps total: 117 117
On sale today at Best Buy for $35

+1   

1 week ago '17        #61
space
space
Just bought $2,000 wine then caught chickens this game is mad fun

1 week ago '18        #62
Dehone 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Just bought $2,000 wine then caught chickens this game is mad fun
Them ho a*s chickens slick
+2   

1 week ago '05        #63
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 8656 8 K  Slaps total: 807 807
I just bought this for 34.99 off amazon. Can’t wait to play it.

1 week ago '15        #64
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 18691 18 K  Slaps total: 1784 1 K
ending got me hot

1 week ago '18        #65
Dehone 
space
space
 He Hate Me said
ending got me hot
Maaaaaaaan, I just....

1 week ago '15        #66
He Hate Me 
space
space
 Dehone said
Maaaaaaaan, I just....

I was hoping we at the least get a shift in the story or a twist or anything.

Weíre in the same position weíve been in from the first game and we three games in now..

1 week ago '18        #67
Dehone 
space
space
 He Hate Me said
I was hoping we at the least get a shift in the story or a twist or anything.

Weíre in the same position weíve been in from the first game and we three games in now..
I already knew the story wouldn't end as Yu Suzuki said it would wake 4 or 5 games, but we barely found out sh*t. Half the stuff revealed, we already know and Ryo acted like never heard the sh*t before. It looked like they spent 30 percent of the resources putting fanservice sh*t in there (a whole a*s temple with pictures of kickstarter backers.....)

That sh*t ended so abruptly too. I thought that was just the end of that arc and we had one more like a Guilin

1 week ago '15        #68
He Hate Me 
space
space
 Dehone said
I already knew the story wouldn't end as Yu Suzuki said it would wake 4 or 5 games, but we barely found out sh*t. Half the stuff revealed, we already know and Ryo acted like never heard the sh*t before. It looked like they spent 30 percent of the resources putting fanservice sh*t in there (a whole a*s temple with pictures of kickstarter backers.....)

That sh*t ended so abruptly too. I thought that was just the end of that arc and we had one more like a Guilin
I know my expectations was way high that it would have never lived up. Damn near 20 years waiting. But man the way storytelling has evolved in video games since shows how dated this one is.

I was anticipating some crazy Ryu dad was in the mad angels, Lan Di was actually trying to do good by k*lling his dad to stop him from giving the mirror to a bigger threat on some thanos type sh*t or something with far more layers.

They had way too much time to develop a better story. I haven't been this let down by a game I anticipated since Metal Gear Solid V.

If I helped with the kickstarter I would be pissed.

I don't even care to continue the story.

1 week ago '18        #69
Dehone 
space
space
 He Hate Me said
I know my expectations was way high that it would have never lived up. Damn near 20 years waiting. But man the way storytelling has evolved in video games since shows how dated this one is.

I was anticipating some crazy Ryu dad was in the mad angels, Lan Di was actually trying to do good by k*lling his dad to stop him from giving the mirror to a bigger threat on some thanos type sh*t or something with far more layers.

They had way too much time to develop a better story. I haven't been this let down by a game I anticipated since Metal Gear Solid V.

If I helped with the kickstarter I would be pissed.

I don't even care to continue the story.
The sh*t they revealed like who was in that old a*s picture, I guessed back when I was 11. Only thing we learned about Ryos dad is that he trained in Bailu, punched a tree and wrote a love letter to his woman.

They spent too much time of fan service sh*t. Nikkas had a whole temple devoted to goofy a*s pictures of the backers.

And the bi*ch that pop up at the end. Why was she even in disguise? sh*t served no purpose.

Then old dude gonna tell Ryo Lan Di real name is Longshun and hes like "oh?". I'm like "Bruh! Yuanda Zhu just told your a*s his real name back in Kowloon like 2 weeks ago. 'Tarded a*s nikka".

I cant give up on it though. I been riding with it too long, but this is gonna be an uphill battle now. Them reviews ain't too nice either.

1 week ago '17        #70
space
space
Just finished this. I agree wit yall that this game’s ending is disappointing as fu*k. It felt like the story finally started to pick up then the game was over. Still an 8 for me, I love how it feels like a real sequel and not a reboot or reimagining. Hopefully Yu’s got more money and resources for 4.

Also, this world was much more bland than 1 & 2 imo. The NPCs weren’t interesting at all save for a very select few. Bailu and Niaowu look amazing but feel lifeless. My favorite thing about the first two was the character the NPCs had. It honestly made the bad dialogue and acting bearable.

Speaking of bad dialogue and acting, while the choice to carry on tradition was neat for the first 15 minutes, theres only so much you can do with how laughably bad it is in this game when it comes to storytelling. It’s downright immersion breaking at times and while it’s a huge part of Shenmue’s identity at this point, It’s time to step it up in this area.

I also can’t wait to see this f*ghting system with more refinement. They should take away the easy button and focus more on fluid movement and hit detection. I believe they have a solid foundation that just needs kinks ironed out. There aren’t too many open world games that are on this level of hand to hand combat

Also, do away with the super grind quests in order to buy items needed to progress the main story. I’m very happy I got this for the PC; I did a gambling glitch for the first 2K you need but used a trainer for the 5K. Good luck to the PS4 players. I like the idea of doing crazy sh*t for necessary items but both of these instances were tedious and felt lazy.

Also, do away with the stamina system or overhaul it in a way that I don’t have to eat after training and don’t dock me so much for running. If the world was more interesting, I wouldn’t be running. Don’t cap what I can do because your overworld isn’t as interesting.

Like I said, still an 8 to me but that is a heavily biased 8. I’m very happy they didn’t modernize it so much and I appreciate the slow pace (although this had a lot more action than the first two imo), but I hope they strive to make a game that isn’t as exhausting as this was at times.

5 days ago '09        #71
Tiko377 
space
space

Top 10 most slapped recently  5 days ago '19        #72
Tacko Fallspaus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
space
space
Props total: 11548 11 K  Slaps total: 12223 12 K
Will the switch get this?
+1   

5 days ago '09        #73
Tiko377 
space
space

5 days ago '18        #74
Dehone 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Just finished this. I agree wit yall that this gameís ending is disappointing as fu*k. It felt like the story finally started to pick up then the game was over. Still an 8 for me, I love how it feels like a real sequel and not a reboot or reimagining. Hopefully Yuís got more money and resources for 4.

Also, this world was much more bland than 1 & 2 imo. The NPCs werenít interesting at all save for a very select few. Bailu and Niaowu look amazing but feel lifeless. My favorite thing about the first two was the character the NPCs had. It honestly made the bad dialogue and acting bearable.

Speaking of bad dialogue and acting, while the choice to carry on tradition was neat for the first 15 minutes, theres only so much you can do with how laughably bad it is in this game when it comes to storytelling. Itís downright immersion breaking at times and while itís a huge part of Shenmueís identity at this point, Itís time to step it up in this area.

I also canít wait to see this f*ghting system with more refinement. They should take away the easy button and focus more on fluid movement and hit detection. I believe they have a solid foundation that just needs kinks ironed out. There arenít too many open world games that are on this level of hand to hand combat

Also, do away with the super grind quests in order to buy items needed to progress the main story. Iím very happy I got this for the PC; I did a gambling glitch for the first 2K you need but used a trainer for the 5K. Good luck to the PS4 players. I like the idea of doing crazy sh*t for necessary items but both of these instances were tedious and felt lazy.

Also, do away with the stamina system or overhaul it in a way that I donít have to eat after training and donít dock me so much for running. If the world was more interesting, I wouldnít be running. Donít cap what I can do because your overworld isnít as interesting.

Like I said, still an 8 to me but that is a heavily biased 8. Iím very happy they didnít modernize it so much and I appreciate the slow pace (although this had a lot more action than the first two imo), but I hope they strive to make a game that isnít as exhausting as this was at times.
Yeah, because of the budget limitations, they couldn't have you interact with every single person, so they basically limited you to shop owners in Niaowu which sucks because it went from exploring the city to exploring shops for info kinda.

100 percent agree on the voice acting. It had its charm and still has its charm as far as the first two games but in 2019, when voice acting rivals Hollywood talent, that 70s kung fu like dialogue ain't acceptable anymore. And honestly, the awkward convos are actually worse relative to the first two games.

In 1 and to, Ryo would respond with "I see" or something similar but it would make sense. In 3

Ryo: Um, excuse me

Shop owner: Hi, there! Would you like to try some of our ramen?

Ryo: Um....hi

Or when Ryo and shenhua are asking each other questions about themselves

Ryo: Shenhua, what food dont you like?

Shenhua: I dontike carrots

Ryo: not a big fan eh?

Shenhua: What food do you not like?

Ryo: carrots

Shenhua: yeah, they're pretty disgusting

Ryo: No way! You dont like carrots either?

I swear Ryo went from socially awkward to borderline retarded. The sh*t wasn't even amusing. From what I heard, they had a new lead writer for 3 and the original writer only played a smaller role in it. That may be part of why the story was a letdown.

The combat has potential with the right budget. I actually enjoyed it. Stamina can stay or go. It didnt bother me too much when I built up my stamina.

As far as money, I spammed the lucky hit stand and bought gems to pawn off. Cashed out big that way. There was enough grinding on the game so I just gambled to cut some of the time wasting
+2   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  45
Image(s) inside NBA Youngboy TBG War UPDATE:
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  37
Image(s) inside Hope y'all niggas got full coverage
50 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  24
Image(s) inside Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)
101 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+29online now  11
Video inside If youíre werenít sold on watching HBOís Watchmen, I would start now...
104 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy