Sitcom's that wouldn't slide today ...

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '04        #51
nobody 
space
space
Props total: 3160 3 K  Slaps total: 395 395
The only thing I can think of from the 2000's that even comes close to getting away with being anti-pc would be Chapelle Show.

2 weeks ago '11        #52
Tooly Da Gawd 
space
space
Props total: 5696 5 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K
 biscuit said
I've said it in BX a few times already , but In Living Color is legit one of the best shows ever put on TV.

All star power tv week in and week out.

Gave birth to the Wayans Brothers popularity, Jim Carey, Jennifer Lopez... You name it. Put SNL to shame.

GOAT TV right here
Where is the lie? I cant find it
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #53
Makaveli4Eva 
space
space
Props total: 633 633  Slaps total: 114 114
 Steve Gee97 said
Married With Children would have all the Fat Chicks calling up Fox for a boycott to get the show removed because of Al clowning the women in the shoe store.

Especially that bit about the chick having a Pork Filling

Those bi*ches would be social media crying about it
Al gave no fu*ks. n*gga read Big Ums, stayed at the Hootie Bar, and had a anti womenís club lol. And stayed on Peggy a*s. He trippin for that one tho

2 weeks ago '18        #54
Steve Gee97 
space
space
Props total: 5768 5 K  Slaps total: 771 771
 Makaveli4Eva said
Al gave no fu*ks. n*gga read Big Ums, stayed at the Hootie Bar, and had a anti womenís club lol. And stayed on Peggy a*s. He trippin for that one tho
AL was the epitome of a Alpha Male. I remember when Peggy gave those chicks that ether when she appeared in that courtroom scene. She rode for her man

+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #55
jj01 
space
space
Props total: 14311 14 K  Slaps total: 5731 5 K
 Dj Mannie Fresh said
Why did he go from top ten to not mentioned at all? @
His legacy been cemented you fu*kin tranny. What other goat can say they have classic shows in 3 different decades? Hes in a class by himself.

2 weeks ago '16        #56
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
Props total: 2920 2 K  Slaps total: 778 778
 jsmooth-117 said
Without question.

Just a few off the top of my head.
I think you guys kind of misunderstand it. This isnít politically incorrect. It shows people how morons think...like Archie bunker. It doesnít endorse it.

Itís like having an ethical/social villain in a story. You donít agree with or empathize with them, you roll your eyes at their ignorance. Thatís the message.

2 weeks ago '15        #57
BONGYONG 
space
space
Props total: 334 334  Slaps total: 299 299
 Neg Mwen said
It would still work because everyone was portrayed as sh*tty human beings

Al was a loser
Kelly was stupid as fu*k
Bud was a horny loser
Peg was a leech
Marcy was freaky feminist Republican
Jeff was a leech

That show wasn't as spiteful as you n*ggaz are making it

Everytime a gay/lesbian person or minority showed up, they were treated with respect
Peg was a Horny jobless homemaker who got no d*ck. Marcy had the body of a 11 yr old boy.. Kelly was a teenagersl*t.. Al had the only job in the house.. Bud was a pimp on the low..
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #58
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 33433 33 K  Slaps total: 3074 3 K
 biscuit said
I've said it in BX a few times already , but In Living Color is legit one of the best shows ever put on TV.

All star power tv week in and week out.

Gave birth to the Wayans Brothers popularity, Jim Carey, Jennifer Lopez... You name it. Put SNL to shame.

GOAT TV right here
nah I loved in living color but nothing puts SNL to shame

Dan Akroid
Jim Bilushi
Gilda Radner
Chevy Chase
Eddie Murphy
Phil Hartman
Chris Farley
Chris Rock
Adam Sandler
Tina Fey

2 weeks ago '16        #59
REEFERWEREWOLF 
space
space
Props total: 109 109  Slaps total: 14 14
 jsmooth-117 said
Without question.

Just a few off the top of my head.
I never knew this show was this funny, that first clip got me rolling. Now I got some binge watching to do.

2 weeks ago '07        #60
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29650 29 K  Slaps total: 3755 3 K
nah he isnt from the lgbtq ..they dont care about anything else.. I remember a girl went to one of their marches with a BLM sign, and they was shouting all lives at her..

racism is rampant over there too

maybe this

2 weeks ago '04        #61
biscuit 
space
space
Props total: 29216 29 K  Slaps total: 2617 2 K
 dubsax said
nah I loved in living color but nothing puts SNL to shame

Dan Akroid
Jim Bilushi
Gilda Radner
Chevy Chase
Eddie Murphy
Phil Hartman
Chris Farley
Chris Rock
Adam Sandler
Tina Fey
All good.

A few people have challenged me on that statement and I'm still sticking with it.

All the people you mentioned also weren't on the show at the same time. They were spread out over the years because SNL has been on the air for so long.

ILC was on TV for such a short window so all the awesome talent they produced was all on the same show in different skits which also adds to the legendary status.

You let ILC stay on for as long as SNL has and I guarantee you it would produce that many more stars as well.

2 weeks ago '19        #62
Dj Mannie Fresh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5079 5 K  Slaps total: 1932 1 K
 jj01 said
His legacy been cemented you fu*kin tranny. What other goat can say they have classic shows in 3 different decades? Hes in a class by himself.
He had one Classic and two duds wtf u talking bout

@ will tell u the piano kid was the only reason we tuned into that sh*t on abc. It was awful and he was a sidekick on a barely watched reboot last year. That's a terrible run smh

Goatlon was a hit on tv n the box office n goatflix. No one history has pulled that off

s*xtuplets>> my wife and slumps

2 weeks ago '14        #63
Hoodsta1e11 
space
space
Props total: 5395 5 K  Slaps total: 912 912
 Signor said
2000 babies are still kids.. its really the 70s/80s babies we have to blame
sh*t the 70's and 80's are the ones who wish we still had great shows that weren't sensitive blame those 90's and 2000's sissies

2 weeks ago '14        #64
Hoodsta1e11 
space
space
Props total: 5395 5 K  Slaps total: 912 912
 Makaveli4Eva said
Whats crazy is MWC told us what would happen in the peas in a pod episode where they made a show about them then it got cancelled cuz some lady didn't like it which was based on events that were going on at the time were there was groups boycotting the show so they made fun of it on the show but now its just cancelled if people don't like something

+1   

1 week ago '10        #65
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 33631 33 K  Slaps total: 4613 4 K
 Wing Zero said
I'm glad you can't mock the disabled anymore. Everyone else is fair game but I always thought making jokes about the disabled was nasty.
If you had seen his standup before In Living Color, you know Damon was born with a club foot and had to wear corrective shoes. He had a bit about wishing there was a handicapped super hero he could look up to when he was growing up. That is where Handi-man came from.

I don't think some of y'all where really around back when all these shows were on or you were really young. People were complaining about all of them. Instead of bi*ching on the internet. They would actually take to the streets with picket signs. Married With Children, In Living Color, even The Simpsons for how bad Bart was. All them shows caved in too. All the Wayans left In Living Color because Fox was starting to censor their skits because of the complaints.

People boycotted ABC when Ellen came out on her show and it was canceled. That was when it was still one of top rated shows in the country. There were TV stations that refused to air the show.

Outrage culture isn't new.

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  36
Video inside Lord jamar :: "If that man never took lucid dream royalties, juice wou..
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+154online now  19
Image(s) inside Most iconic timberlands are about to release
165 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+18online now  12
Image(s) inside How the 2000ís generation transitioned into the 2010ís