Game of the Year

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '18        #51
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 21723 21 K  Slaps total: 7633 7 K
Finally opened red dead 2 about 2 weeks after almost having it a year. I played a couple of missions hear and there im now to where its not winter anymore and arthur and his set set up a lil base camp. I just cant seem to get into this game and i have to force myself to get thru it. Havent touched it the past 5 days even with time to play on a lil thanksgiving break.
+3   

1 week ago '17        #52
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
Props total: 42996 42 K  Slaps total: 10011 10 K
 He Hate Me said
If the ending is the only saving grace then my point is proving.

Itís still game that needs to keep the player engaged and Iím not.
Heís contending your point that Sam isnít an iconic or memorable character, not the quality of the game.

Itís hilarious that this thread was meant for people to talk about what they thought their game of their year was and weíre now 3 pages in still talking about mine. I swear yall dont play games on here

1 week ago '17        #53
space
space
 NorCalNocturne said
I recently beat it and I get the message and vibe and I understand the story, but the overall message is a message I already knew. It doesnít change the fact that the gameplay was downright boring, it is what it is and anyone that says otherwise is one of those Kojima fanboys
Anyone that says this gameplay is downright boring is one of those Kojima haters. Thats how it works right?

And what game have you played that gave you a message you never got before (:mjlol) and what was the overall message of this game?

1 week ago '15        #54
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 18692 18 K  Slaps total: 1784 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
He’s contending your point that Sam isn’t an iconic or memorable character, not the quality of the game.

It’s hilarious that this thread was meant for people to talk about what they thought their game of their year was and we’re now 3 pages in still talking about mine. I swear yall dont play games on here
This has been a weak year for one. I don’t think anything has be goat status that dropped this year.

So I would have this discussion about any game this year but this being the more polarizing game this year it’s a fitting discussion.

If I had to choose, I’ll go with MK11.

Just base off God of War last year, nothing this year has been that caliber of a game.

1 week ago '17        #55
space
space
 He Hate Me said
This has been a weak year for one. I donít think anything has be goat status that dropped this year.

So I would have this discussion about any game this year but this being the more polarizing game this year itís a fitting discussion.

If I had to choose, Iíll go with MK11.

Just base off God of War last year, nothing this year has been that caliber of a game.
I would say Fire Emblem, Sekiro and RE2 remake are all worthy of being Game of the Year this year. This year was excellent.

1 week ago '15        #56
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 18692 18 K  Slaps total: 1784 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
I would say Fire Emblem, Sekiro and RE2 remake are all worthy of being Game of the Year this year. This year was excellent.
RE2 I thought about but do we knock points off for being a remake?

1 week ago '17        #57
space
space
 He Hate Me said
RE2 I thought about but do we knock points off for being a remake?
I donít personally but I know some do

1 week ago '12        #58
Faythung 
space
space
Props total: 10572 10 K  Slaps total: 836 836

1 week ago '13        #59
fredfiness 
space
space
Props total: 5583 5 K  Slaps total: 416 416
I actually prefer Star Wars over death’s Stranding at the moment. Still a lot of year left, so my opinion can change.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #60
space
space
 Faythung said

this is a discussion thread.

1 week ago '10        #61
NorCalNocturne 
space
space
Props total: 645 645  Slaps total: 88 88
 SPdaGOAT said
Anyone that says this gameplay is downright boring is one of those Kojima haters. Thats how it works right?

And what game have you played that gave you a message you never got before (:mjlol) and what was the overall message of this game?
How am I a hater when I always promote his work every chance I get? The simple fact that he’s a developer that thinks outside the box and does projects that others are scared to do already makes him someone that should be respected, which I do. Even though I thought it was boring, I still completed it to the very end and still plan to play his next title. I didn’t even like Phantom Pain in comparison to the others. So you calling me a hater just shows your ignorance.

The game had many messages death/life/what we view as valuable etc, but the main two I would say are connection between humans and environmental awareness. It was a subtle way of saying not to be in our phones so much and connect with people around us, actually talk face to face with one another. You see it even today, most stores cashiers that were born in the 90s and 2000s won’t even look me in the eye while greeting me because of the social anxiety I feel phones have caused, it caused a separation between us as human beings and how we interact, It’s all over the dialogue you read in the game and has been all over the net for a long time if you’re paying attention. The other is the environment and how we’re not caring for it like we should, that’s why a lot of the times during the game you’re taking in the scenery as if Kojima wants you to take in what you’re a part of as a human being, it’s beautiful in that sense. But anyone that had their eyes even half open would’ve known about Al Gore and his documentary An Inconvenient Truth already covered that years ago, still glad Kojima addressed it, I just feel the game could’ve brought the same messages in a better way.

As far as games I played that I never got the message to, I don’t recall any.
+1   

1 week ago '18        #62
Turfaholic3 
space
space
space
Props total: 7477 7 K  Slaps total: 1317 1 K
 PhrozenMenace said
what did that come with?
1TB, the newest God Of War, and 2 other lower tier games. Delivery been delayed til Tuesday tho.

1 week ago '17        #63
space
space
 NorCalNocturne said
How am I a hater when I always promote his work every chance I get? The simple fact that heís a developer that thinks outside the box and does projects that others are scared to do already makes him someone that should be respected, which I do. Even though I thought it was boring, I still completed it to the very end and still plan to play his next title. I didnít even like Phantom Pain in comparison to the others. So you calling me a hater just shows your ignorance.

The game had many messages death/life/what we view as valuable etc, but the main two I would say are connection between humans and environmental awareness. It was a subtle way of saying not to be in our phones so much and connect with people around us, actually talk face to face with one another. You see it even today, most stores cashiers that were born in the 90s and 2000s wonít even look me in the eye while greeting me because of the social anxiety I feel phones have caused, it caused a separation between us as human beings and how we interact, Itís all over the dialogue you read in the game and has been all over the net for a long time if youíre paying attention. The other is the environment and how weíre not caring for it like we should, thatís why a lot of the times during the game youíre taking in the scenery as if Kojima wants you to take in what youíre a part of as a human being, itís beautiful in that sense. But anyone that had their eyes even half open wouldíve known about Al Gore and his documentary An Inconvenient Truth already covered that years ago, still glad Kojima addressed it, I just feel the game couldíve brought the same messages in a better way.

As far as games I played that I never got the message to, I donít recall any.
I called you a hater because you said anyone saying this game isnít downright boring is a Kojima fanboy.

There was also the message of having quality connections to people as opposed to a large quantity of weak connections. The EE event was only possible because the UCA was fully reconnected again. The stronger the chiral network got throughout the game, the stronger that the livingís connections with the beaches got, which would inevitably bring about the Last Stranding. Every atrocity that was committed in the story was committed for the ďsake of everyoneĒ, even though it was at the expense of their loved ones. Thatís why Cliff is that dude because he finds out and tries to stop it so his kid can live a regular life and not die after a year. Which makes chapter 11 and the end hit that much harder.

Thereís also a lot of MGS esque sh*t with Sam being bamboozled into helping bring about destruction and personal philosophical sh*t that Kojima always does. You can tell his split at Konami influenced this game heavily, I think BB is supposed to represent PT and maybe how Konami tried to take over too much control of that product, could also apply to MGS V.

And yea I personally disagree that the gameplay was boring. I canít tell you how many hours I lost not even playing the game. Kojima was going for a game that emphasized exploring the environment while creating and maintaining survival horror lite tension and knocked it out the park. Itís not a flawless game but those donít exist anyways
+1   

1 week ago '17        #64
space
space
 fredfiness said
I actually prefer Star Wars over deathís Stranding at the moment. Still a lot of year left, so my opinion can change.
How long did Star Wars take you? I got a few games I need to beat before the heavy hitting ones roll in next year and thats one of them
+1   

1 week ago '10        #65
NorCalNocturne 
space
space
Props total: 645 645  Slaps total: 88 88
 SPdaGOAT said
I called you a hater because you said anyone saying this game isnít downright boring is a Kojima fanboy.

There was also the message of having quality connections to people as opposed to a large quantity of weak connections. The EE event was only possible because the UCA was fully reconnected again. The stronger the chiral network got throughout the game, the stronger that the livingís connections with the beaches got, which would inevitably bring about the Last Stranding. Every atrocity that was committed in the story was committed for the ďsake of everyoneĒ, even though it was at the expense of their loved ones. Thatís why Cliff is that dude because he finds out and tries to stop it so his kid can live a regular life and not die after a year. Which makes chapter 11 and the end hit that much harder.

Thereís also a lot of MGS esque sh*t with Sam being bamboozled into helping bring about destruction and personal philosophical sh*t that Kojima always does. You can tell his split at Konami influenced this game heavily, I think BB is supposed to represent PT and maybe how Konami tried to take over too much control of that product, could also apply to MGS V.

And yea I personally disagree that the gameplay was boring. I canít tell you how many hours I lost not even playing the game. Kojima was going for a game that emphasized exploring the environment while creating and maintaining survival horror lite tension and knocked it out the park. Itís not a flawless game but those donít exist anyways
Correction...I said gameplay, not game because the fact is that most of it was indeed being a courier with underwhelming boss f*ghts, especially when you compare them to MGS and Snake Eater. I get theyíre different games altogether, but I expected more and as a developer you always want to try and have your new product be better than your last. The story is what kept me going, this wouldíve done better as a movie to me. As far as resolution goes, itís the best looking PS4 game on the market hands down, this pretty much was an interactive movie. I thoroughly enjoyed your take from it and reading what you wrote and I do apologize for coming off a bit strong but you have to admit, so many people will ride for someone even if what they produce is not that great. Like if Leonardo DaVinci drew a stick figure and people bowing to its greatness...itís like youíd expect those die hard fans to be like ďcome on, weíve seen your potential, you couldíve done a little better at least.Ē
+1   

1 week ago '17        #66
space
space
 NorCalNocturne said
Correction...I said gameplay, not game because the fact is that most of it was indeed being a courier with underwhelming boss f*ghts, especially when you compare them to MGS and Snake Eater. I get theyíre different games altogether, but I expected more and as a developer you always want to try and have your new product be better than your last. The story is what kept me going, this wouldíve done better as a movie to me. As far as resolution goes, itís the best looking PS4 game on the market hands down, this pretty much was an interactive movie. I thoroughly enjoyed your take from it and reading what you wrote and I do apologize for coming off a bit strong but you have to admit, so many people will ride for someone even if what they produce is not that great. Like if Leonardo DaVinci drew a stick figure and people bowing to its greatness...itís like youíd expect those die hard fans to be like ďcome on, weíve seen your potential, you couldíve done a little better at least.Ē
I definitely get where youíre coming from, there are mad d*ckriders in pretty much every field that swear everything specific people touch is gold. And I see why you would feel this way about this game because it really does fly in the face of conventional wisdom when it comes down to whats fun in a video game, straight up. I love exploration games probably more than any other games beside platformers and one thing I loved about this game was getting new sh*t everytime you connected to another network. Itís obviously not a metroidvania but the game rewards with you items with the same pacing as a metroidvania and I love that genre too. The gameplay was a great blend for me, I will admit the combat and boss battles were underwhelming and a lot of the elements still need refining to help the people who didnt like it this time get into it. But all in all, I thought it was a dope loop.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #67
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4184 4 K  Slaps total: 300 300
 Turfaholic3 said
1TB, the newest God Of War, and 2 other lower tier games. Delivery been delayed til Tuesday tho.
probably the bundle with god of war, horizon and last of us...it's always good to get it early but as fast as time goes, Tuesday will be here like it was Saturday...

1 week ago '07        #68
boobizzy 
space
space
space
Props total: 2929 2 K  Slaps total: 2352 2 K
 He Hate Me said
This has been a weak year for one. I donít think anything has be goat status that dropped this year.

So I would have this discussion about any game this year but this being the more polarizing game this year itís a fitting discussion.

If I had to choose, Iíll go with MK11.

You are absolutely right bro. There is no game this year that is a definite game of the year candidate. Thereís all a bunch of half baked games. Likely because developers are transitioning to the next gen.

1 week ago '09        #69
Tiko377 
space
space
Props total: 13970 13 K  Slaps total: 1472 1 K
Resident Evil 2 seems to be a popular GOTY choice by youtubers.

1 week ago '04        #70
diamond4981 
space
space
Props total: 1140 1 K  Slaps total: 43 43
 Double M Set said
Sekiro Or Red Dead 2....Its Literally Been A Year
i couldnt get into sekiro i tried but it wasnt for me.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #71
Double M Set 
space
space
Props total: 5252 5 K  Slaps total: 976 976
 diamond4981 said
i couldnt get into sekiro i tried but it wasnt for me.
I Broke 6 Controllers On This fu*king Game Bro....Itís Definitely A Good a*s Game....Just Hard As Ever

1 week ago '13        #72
fredfiness 
space
space
Props total: 5583 5 K  Slaps total: 416 416
 SPdaGOAT said
How long did Star Wars take you? I got a few games I need to beat before the heavy hitting ones roll in next year and thats one of them
Not long, like 16 hours in game. I was going for 100% completion, so your mileage may vary.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  37
Image(s) inside NBA Youngboy TBG War UPDATE:
120 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+81online now  29
Image(s) inside Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)
103 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+38online now  20
Image(s) inside Hope y'all niggas got full coverage
52 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+29online now  15
Video inside If youíre werenít sold on watching HBOís Watchmen, I would start now...
104 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy