online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

The Official Fragrance Thread

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  4   0 bx goons and 4 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

9 years ago '05        #1626
J  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9490 9 K  Slaps total: 2586 2 K
 ddash said
emoji
emoji
on VPH but malt cant be worn all year wrong but it is the truth and maybe a must have.

You need to get on that parfums de marly Herod next winter plehboi.Real Luxury
Does that Herod compare more to TV or Spicebomb?

9 years ago '04        #1627
ddash 
Props total: 138568 138 K  Slaps total: 9932 9 K
 J said
Does that Herod compare more to TV or Spicebomb?
More towards TV because of Quality and less synthetic vibe which spicebomb has at times.

They all smell alike but Herod is better,smoother,more refined and projects like a beast.Great longevity and non offensive.I find TV to be to a little harsh and mature smelling.

My fav winter scent.

Last edited by ddash; 04-25-2015 at 02:01 AM..

9 years ago '06        #1628
RESIDO 
Props total: 5590 5 K  Slaps total: 181 181
 ddash said
More towards TV because of Quality and less synthetic vibe which spicebomb has at times.

They all smell alike but Herod is better,smoother,more refined and projects like a beast.Great longevity and non offensive.I find TV to be to a little harsh and mature smelling.

My fav winter scent.
Herod is bottle worthy!!!

9 years ago '10        #1629
2TopFlite 
Props total: 9516 9 K  Slaps total: 274 274
 darealvelle said
aventus has rose in it
Didn't know that, must not be a strong note because i never detect it

9 years ago '07        #1630
MOTTAFOOKAH 
Props total: 9589 9 K  Slaps total: 1517 1 K
What are some good sites to buy? I usually just got to Macy's but I don't recall seeing half the sh*t y'all mentioning in here.

9 years ago '11        #1631
MACADEMICS 
Props total: 14250 14 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
Got a bottle of Hugo Boss Night, real nice. Gonna probably be my going out fragrance, doesn't have great sillage (slightly above average IMO) but good projection. Got my eye on Davidoff Silver Shadow Altittude, notes look interesting.

9 years ago '04        #1632
ddash 
 MOTTAFOOKAH said
What are some good sites to buy? I usually just got to Macy's but I don't recall seeing half the sh*t y'all mentioning in here.
I only buy bottle from fragrance.net.

I mainly wear niche colognes so you wont see those in department stores unless you go to neiman marcus or high end places like that.

I buy my samples from decantshop or myperfumesamples.com

9 years ago '10        #1633
eightytyson06 
Props total: 23976 23 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
ayo yo boy went out and copped nautica life for 20 bucks it reminds me of vph with a cinnamon note

my new harleem sample coming in tomorrow. do yall who have it, do you think a good clone is michael jordan legend? i keep hearing about it

9 years ago '04        #1634
ddash 
New haarlem is winter and winter only.I like it but some hate it because it is to syrupy and sweet.Not a must have imo.

Herod and Pure Malt and DHI Intense>>>

Last edited by ddash; 04-26-2015 at 07:34 PM..

9 years ago '04        #1635
ddash 
 2TopFlite said
:

So I rocked Xerjoff Nio today

Definitely Unique 100%
This is a cologne where you have to like neroli,patchouli and citrus/orange to like or appreciate this cologne.

Let me start off by saying I put on Xerjoff Kobe and quickly took it off in the same minute.Not feeling it all.Might try again later

Back to Nio.....
If you love Orange,Lemon or Citrus you will Love this.

The opening is a strong burst of citrus/orange and bergamot.Reminds me of a lemon peel.Extremely fresh,clean,refreshing and inviting.I loved the opening and this projects well and had good sillage so others will def be able to pick it up.This scent is 100% quality and niche so it feels like luxury and doesn't have that cheap synthetic vibe to it.This is more of a daytime scent but it can be worn anytime during spring and summer.I wouldn't wear for dressing up or an event tho.This is a daytime performer imo.It is just so fresh and airy that you want to just keep getting whiffs of.

I will say it does smell a little weird to me at times with all of notes in here.Some reviewers say this smells like a cleaning agent or detergent and I agree it can def come across as such.The opening fades after about 45 min and it takes the scent in a whole different route.

The dry down I am not feeling as much.The dry down kinda reminds me of an Indian or Hindu person.I know Indian patchouli is an ingredient so I guess it makes sense lol.Its def a turn off but some may like the complexity of this cologne.The dry down has a green,woody,spicy,leathery,lemony vibe that's nice but its so different from the opening.The opening has you saying wowwwwww and then in 1 hr it just changes to this.4 hrs in its back to lemon peel again.

This is a weird 1 to rate because its really different.

I rate it a 7/10 mainly because I love the opening.I will def try this again but its not bottle worthy imo.If you love citrus this is a heavy hitter no doubt.

Last edited by ddash; 04-26-2015 at 07:31 PM..

9 years ago '10        #1636
2TopFlite 
 ddash said

Definitely Unique 100%
This is a cologne where you have to like neroli,patchouli and citrus/orange to like or appreciate this cologne.

Let me start off by saying I put on Xerjoff Kobe and quickly took it off in the same minute.Not feeling it all.Might try again later

Back to Nio.....

The opening is a strong burst of citrus/orange and bergamot.Reminds me of a lemon peel.Extremely fresh,clean,refreshing and inviting.I loved the opening and this projects well and had good sillage so others will def be able to pick it up.This scent is 100% quality and niche so it feels like luxury and doesn't have that cheap synthetic vibe to it.This is more of a daytime scent but it can be worn anytime during spring and summer.I wouldn't wear for dressing up or an event tho.This is a daytime performer imo.It is just so fresh and airy that you want to just keep getting whiffs of.

I will say it does smell a little weird to me at times with all of notes in here.Some reviewers say this smells like a cleaning agent or detergent and I agree it can def come across as such.The opening fades after about 45 min and it takes the scent in a whole different route.

The dry down I am not feeling as much.The dry down kinda reminds me of an Indian or Hindu person.I know Indian patchouli is an ingredient so I guess it makes sense lol.Its def a turn off but some may like the complexity of this cologne.The dry down has a green,woody,spicy,leathery,lemony vibe that's nice but its so different from the opening.The opening has you saying wowwwwww and then in 1 hr it just changes to this.4 hrs in its back to lemon peel again.

This is a weird 1 to rate because its really different.

I rate it a 7/10 mainly because I love the opening.I will def try this again but its not bottle worthy imo.If you love citrus this is a heavy hitter no doubt.
emoji
Real sh*t I like your reviews bro, sh*t is detailed something frag connoisseur's appreciate.

I like Citrusy frags. I've had Chanel Allure Homme Sport and have Issey Miyake Sport(2013 edition), Azzaro Chrome Sport and other's.

The agent orange cleaner comparison doesn't scare me because I remember some ppl complaining about batches of Creed Aventus having a heavy pineapple note in it(which I like) and saying it smells like pinesol which I think is crazy.

That dry down with sounds interesting and would definitely warrant a sample to see if I also would be put off from it. Seems like the weird dry down isn't too bad since it got a 7/10.

Now if you don't mind me asking... why you sh*tted on the Kobe
emoji
emoji
im rollin'... why you took it off so fast?

I remember the Original A-men with that loud a$s cherry had me automatically
emoji
when I sprayed it, it's the only Thierry Mugler frag I absolutely hate.

9 years ago '04        #1637
ddash 
 2TopFlite said
emoji

Thanks fam

Bruh I just fell asleep and this cologne and citrus kept waking me up in a good way.This after dry down drydown is beautiful and addicting bruh.You definitely want to keep smelling this on your skin or a breeze.A chick getting close would love this sh*t.

After 7 hrs I can still smell it on me and I went light.Its an evolving cologne and I think the opening is 9/10 then it goes to the drydown which is a 7/10 and then it goes back to the opening somehow which is a 9/10.So weird but I love this cologne.

This would perform like a beast in hot weather and Yea the dry down or skin scent is similar allure homme sport or vph.That perfect citrus lemony vibe.The best thing is this cologne is it is so non offensive.

Bruh I wish I wouldve reviewed the Kobe but it was just a big mix of notes and I was like hell naw I cant wear this in public.It was very offensive and the strongest/weirdest opening I had ever smelled.

Nothing messing with that Tom ford Costa Azzurra yet tho for the spring/summer.Thats my sh*t.

Uden is my winner so far outta the new samples I bought.I still have to try Profumum Acqua Viva but it gotta be atleast 70 to wear it out.

After 50 new colognes nothing is still fu*king with VPH lol.

Last edited by ddash; 04-26-2015 at 10:15 PM..

9 years ago '14        #1638
datruth4444 
Props total: 219 219  Slaps total: 15 15
 Rico23 said

emoji
That some good sh*t right there
emoji
emoji

9 years ago '10        #1639
2TopFlite 
 ddash said
Thanks fam

Bruh I just fell asleep and this cologne and citrus kept waking me up in a good way.This after dry down drydown is beautiful and addicting bruh.You definitely want to keep smelling this on your skin or a breeze.A chick getting close would love this sh*t.

After 7 hrs I can still smell it on me and I went light.Its an evolving cologne and I think the opening is 9/10 then it goes to the drydown which is a 7/10 and then it goes back to the opening somehow which is a 9/10.So weird but I love this cologne.

This would perform like a beast in hot weather and Yea the dry down or skin scent is similar allure homme sport or vph.That perfect citrus lemony vibe.The best thing is this cologne is it is so non offensive.

Bruh I wish I wouldve reviewed the Kobe but it was just a big mix of notes and I was like hell naw I cant wear this in public.It was very offensive and the strongest/weirdest opening I had ever smelled.

Nothing messing with that Tom ford Costa Azzurra yet tho for the spring/summer.Thats my sh*t.

Uden is my winner so far outta the new samples I bought.I still have to try Profumum Acqua Viva but it gotta be atleast 70 to wear it out.

After 50 new colognes nothing is still fu*king with VPH lol.
Yep, have to cop a sample of that one for sure, scents that flourish in this hot weather are a must for me especially with good longevity and
emoji
ima have to google that kobe and see the notes.

I still have to get a sample of that Tom Ford and get a better bottle of that Versace Pour Homme because mine's weak.

Gucci Pour Homme II is another one I have to get aswell.

9 years ago '04        #1640
ddash 
 2TopFlite said
Yep, have to cop a sample of that one for sure, scents that flourish in this hot weather are a must for me especially with good longevity and
emoji
ima have to google that kobe and see the notes.

I still have to get a sample of that Tom Ford and get a better bottle of that Versace Pour Homme because mine's weak.

Gucci Pour Homme II is another one I have to get aswell.
Yup 10 hrs in and its still going.

Yea VPH is only $31 on fragrance.net.It def last 10 hrs on my skin and projects like a beast.Women love it but its universally loved by all and 1 of the highest rated colognes for scent,versatility and price.

Yea def cop a sample of costa azzurra.Do like I did and go to neiman marcus and see if you can get some samples.I got damn near $100 in samples from them lol.

9 years ago '05        #1641
lilbeast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1268 1 K  Slaps total: 414 414
 ddash said

Yea VPH is only $31 on fragrance.net.It def last 10 hrs on my skin and projects like a beast.Women love it but its universally loved by all and 1 of the highest rated colognes for scent,versatility and price.

Yea def cop a sample of costa azzurra.Do like I did and go to neiman marcus and see if you can get some samples.I got damn near $100 in samples from them lol.
Which projects better for you...VPH or Chrome Legend?

9 years ago '04        #1642
ddash 
 lilbeast said
I only have chrome azzaro
Sometimes to me its all about being subtle but smelling good.

I had chrome for like 10 years but aint wear it much.It projects like a beast but has that I have on a cheap cologne vibe.It smells amazing tho.

VPH doesnt have that cheap synthetic vibe imo and even tho its only $30 it is quality and you can tell as soon as you smell it and compare the 2 like I just did now.Its a performance beast without it being to in your face and offensive you feel me.

Both will get you compliments but chrome is just more for beginners and teens imo.

Chrome projects more.

9 years ago '06        #1643
RESIDO 
Props total: 5590 5 K  Slaps total: 181 181
 ddash said

Definitely Unique 100%

I definitely gotta check this out!

9 years ago '04        #1644
ddash 
 RESIDO said
I definitely gotta check this out!
Way diff than ultra zest.
Last over 12 hrs on my skin on a light spray.

9 years ago '10        #1645
2TopFlite 
 ddash said

$100 in samples? man I have to get like you dash. I dead a$s have a list of frag's in my Note that you and some other's have named so I know what to get. Im anxious to get this Tom Ford.

lilbeast said
I mentioned pages back in this thread... out of all the expensive a$s bottles of cologne I own Chrome Legend is my #1. Its hands down my signature scent. The Projection on that bi*ch cuz
emoji
My #1 compliment getter.

I've had numerous females ask me what im wearing, I got a 4 oz. bottle for $30, its crazy how that cologne is such a beast. I wear it all year 'round but it flourish's in the spring/summer. Can still cut through that cold temp in the fall/winter as well.

I say get both the VPH and Legend.

9 years ago '04        #1646
ddash 
 2TopFlite said
$100 in samples? man I have to get like you dash. I dead a$s have a list of frag's in my Note that you and some other's have named so I know what to get. Im anxious to get this Tom Ford.

Which colognes you talking about getting or interested in?

Yea bruh 1 day I wanted to go smell bond no 9 colognes So I went to the rich white mall dressed fresh as well.Moral of the story no store had them so I went to the last store which would and it was neiman marcus.Now I cant afford a damn thing in this store its so expensive lol.When you walk in its 300k in purses at the entrance lol.

So I walk in and go straight to the colognes looking for bond no 9 and the 2 people near by didnt help and just kept talking amongst themselves.When I didnt see the bond no 9 I ask if they had any.They both said no and said I should check out creed.I told them I already had a bunch and got ready to leave.On the way out I turn back and decide to check out 2 more creeds.Got real cool with the chick there and end up chatting with both employees for 35 mins and smelling over 20 colognes.It helped that I know my colognes very well and can have a convo and hold my own with experts.She gave me samples of creed virgin island water and original santal which are both dope.I left and said damn I shouldve got some tom ford samples but felt I couldnt go back in again lol.

2 weeks later went back to neiman marcus fresh as fu*k and the same chick was there and ran straight to me.Felt like I was the man lol.Ended up get 4 4ml samples of the tom fords I wanted and I couldve got more but didnt want to be greedy.

I agree get both VPH and Chrome

Last edited by ddash; 04-27-2015 at 12:29 PM..

9 years ago '11        #1647
MACADEMICS 
Props total: 14250 14 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
Which one?

Smelled Tom Ford Noir Extreme today, only put 1 spray on my wrist and the smell is lingering in the air right now (about 3 hours in). Projection is very good for 1-2 hours, got a slightly spicy smell although I don't think I would buy this. Smells like a old man fragrance to me.

9 years ago '05        #1648
lilbeast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1268 1 K  Slaps total: 414 414
 2TopFlite said
I mentioned pages back in this thread... out of all the expensive a$s bottles of cologne I own Chrome Legend is my #1. Its hands down my signature scent. The Projection on that bi*ch cuz
emoji
My #1 compliment getter.

I've had numerous females ask me what im wearing, I got a 4 oz. bottle for $30, its crazy how that cologne is such a beast. I wear it all year 'round but it flourish's in the spring/summer. Can still cut through that cold temp in the fall/winter as well.

Yes my n1gga! Ive had Chrome Legend before and that sh*t is a projection monster
emoji
I got alot of compliments on that one too. Now I need to replace my summer fragrance but they are both around the same price. That n1gga Dash keeps hyping up VPH (lol) so I kind of want to try that. Do they smell different enough to own both? Can you compare them as far as smell, scent trail, and projection for me? Good looks homie
emoji

9 years ago '04        #1649
ddash 
 MACADEMICS said
Which one?
Smelled Tom Ford Noir Extreme today, only put 1 spray on my wrist and the smell is lingering in the air right now (about 3 hours in). Projection is very good for 1-2 hours, got a slightly spicy smell although I don't think I would buy this. Smells like a old man fragrance to me.
What you trying to get or want?
You need something for the summer or something?

YSL La Nuit is fall and winter only imo but its a pretty s3xy scent.Very powdery is the 1 word I would use.Literal baby powdery but a very s3xy night out scent.Heard women love it and I could def see why but its real sweet and feminine to some.I love it.I wouldnt buy a bottle tho unless its for the low.You can get the same scent for $25 by buying F by Ferragmo Black.Same exact scent.

YSL L Homme-This makes me violently ill and I cant even wear 1 spray or I will be down bad the whole day.Had to sell it ASAP.Great smelling cologne and is a more professional and classy vibe.Something to wear dressed up or for events or even work.Wont get 1 bit of hate .

I try to tell people get an idea of what you are looking for or need and for what season.Other than that its a never ending cycle of just buying sh*t and never wearing it lol.

lilbeast said
Yes my n1gga! Ive had Chrome Legend before and that sh*t is a projection monster
emoji
I got alot of compliments on that one too. Now I need to replace my summer fragrance but they are both around the same price. That n1gga Dash keeps hyping up VPH (lol) so I kind of want to try that. Do they smell different enough to own both? Can you compare them as far as smell, scent trail, and projection for me? Good looks homie
emoji
My n1gga,I didnt know what to wear today so I through on VPH and man it really is the best and my favorite without a doubt.It might just be MY SKIN AND CHEMISTRY but this sh*t is lovely and projects like Super Saiyan Goku off my skin lol.The best thing is this scent is in your face but never offensive.

I have mentioned this before but every time I wear this people just start talking to me for no damn reason.Like full convos outta nowhere.It literally grabs people no exaggeration.Everyone is so nice when I wear this.Kinda scary now that I think about it.Almost hypnotizes folks.

But tip for everyone in here.
Dont get caught on hype or big names or big prices.If something works with your skin wear it and keep it.Just cause something is $500 dont make it no better.Now it will def be better quality but not necessarily better overall.For example most Tom fords are impeccably made but dont last more than 5 hrs.Get to learn what works with your skin and chemistry.It will save you money and time.

Last edited by ddash; 04-27-2015 at 07:08 PM..

9 years ago '10        #1650
eightytyson06 
Props total: 23976 23 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
Outta all my samples I'm digging that channel blanch and lalique

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo The time Lebron was cooking Kuzma and got his girl wet
64 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
logo 🏀 TOBIAS HARRIS even puts NO EFFORT in his FAREWELL LETTERS❗
14 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside How you walking around the mall at 53 years old with ur a*s out?
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eddie Murphy gets married to Paige Butcher, falls victim to the Snow B..
65 comments
18 hours ago
@movies