Jun 10 - Economist: Minorities and poor people aren’t “worth” $15/hr

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '04        #26
bibbyboi 
Props total: 15143 15 K  Slaps total: 1907 1 K
Bro the mask is all the way the fu*k off at this point over at FOX.

2 weeks ago '19        #27
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 27333 27 K  Slaps total: 18944 18 K
 Drakehotel said
For those who have owned businesses, we know that your average caucasian American worker is by far the worst of all when compared to minorities. They're lazy, feel entitled and work slow af.
Man, look, I have been manager multiple places, am very much black, and I can say I partially agree with you.

Black people may not have the same entitlement issues, in general, but most employees- race be damned - on 'low paying jobs' are lazy bums that I have, more than once, wanted to slap and choke the fu*k of, but couldn't.

I will agree all day that they are overstating the value of your average white worker, but I have come to the conclusion, at this point, at least in America, poverty is typically the result of low capability, settling for less and/or poor work ethic. Now, if it is a situation where there are simply not a lot of jobs available, that is a totally different discussion.

It's so bad, that I no longer want t a business that requires employees. fu*k that. I will have a business where I am the sole provider of a service. Most employees ain't sh*t, even if you pay the motherfu*kers.

I have seen very few damn examples to the contrary.
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #28
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 24568 24 K  Slaps total: 3184 3 K
 Illogic said
But racist anit we
I'm mostly white

2 weeks ago '20        #29
Bateman 
Props total: 12098 12 K  Slaps total: 935 935
 foshoVoodoo said
Unite
Might as well tell us to shoot fireballs through our hands
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #30
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
Props total: 100706 100 K  Slaps total: 18991 18 K
 Bateman said
Might as well tell us to shoot fireballs through our hands
#voodoo. sh*t I put the voodoo on the ring eclipse this morning

2 weeks ago '14        #31
Soaring Seagull  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21713 21 K  Slaps total: 1617 1 K
I love when he's idiots try to use artificial intelligence and technology as a reason to not raise minimum wage. Suggesting that rich people are just going to switch to automated machines because they can't afford to pay people. They're going to switch to them regardless because it saves them a dime and that's all rich people care about lol
+13   

2 weeks ago '04        #32
skillahmang 
Props total: 48482 48 K  Slaps total: 10140 10 K
This is so dumb because they are going to put robots in those jobs even if the minimum wage was 7 dollars

Muthafu*kas deserve to get a “semi” decent wage while they still can

I would hate to own a company that employs people making a minimum wage.

Borderline slave master

Boss up and make some bigger moves

Peddling happy meals is nothing to be proud of
+6   

2 weeks ago '13        #33
rifair 
Props total: 10172 10 K  Slaps total: 2296 2 K
 SuperPawgHunter said
Man, look, I have been manager multiple places, am very much black, and I can say I partially agree with you.

Black people may not have the same entitlement issues, in general, but most employees- race be damned - on 'low paying jobs' are lazy bums that I have, more than once, wanted to slap and choke the fu*k of, but couldn't.

I will agree all day that they are overstating the value of your average white worker, but I have come to the conclusion, at this point, at least in America, poverty is typically the result of low capability, settling for less and/or poor work ethic. Now, if it is a situation where there are simply not a lot of jobs available, that is a totally different discussion.

It's so bad, that I no longer want t a business that requires employees. fu*k that. I will have a business where I am the sole provider of a service. Most employees ain't sh*t, even if you pay the motherfu*kers.

Imagine poor people being motivated and excited to work a low paying job smh its n*ggas like you and your attitude that gets in the way of the real issues
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #34
abcxyz 
Props total: 3774 3 K  Slaps total: 1221 1 K
 zzxxccvvbb said
I'm mostly white
Guess you suck at everything then according to your racist small brained logic

2 weeks ago '06        #35
jester2trife 
Props total: 5556 5 K  Slaps total: 1376 1 K
 virusrev said
I’m not sure anyone has addressed why he was wrong. A minimum wage above the market value will prevent the people he listed from entering the workforce. Employers will only hire people who have more experience if they are required to pay more. It’s fine with me because I’m old, but young people are about to screw themselves over when they start to struggle to find entry level jobs.

The title of this thread is wildly misleading.
Cause the dipsh*ts above you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader and the common sense of a tree stump,

2 weeks ago '19        #36
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 24568 24 K  Slaps total: 3184 3 K
 abcxyz said
Guess you suck at everything then according to your racist small brained logic
I do sales.and management

2 weeks ago '11        #37
darealvelle 
Props total: 17855 17 K  Slaps total: 813 813
 SuperPawgHunter said

As a former store manager, I can agree. It is really hard finding good not even great workers.

2 weeks ago '19        #38
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 27333 27 K  Slaps total: 18944 18 K
 rifair said
Imagine poor people being motivated and excited to work a low paying job smh its n*ggas like you and your attitude that gets in the way of the real issues
fu*k outta here.

I k*lled it on every job, no matter what I was being paid.

One the last job I worked - a job notorious for having a cheap owner - I got two raises within the first nine months of working there. It was easy to stand out, 'cause out of a staff of twenty, two people there were worth a fu*k.

Also, rest a*sured, lazy is lazy. I know people who work high paying jobs who complain about the same sh*t with their co-workers.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #39
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 36755 36 K  Slaps total: 8172 8 K
Sweden doesn't have a minimum wage. Think about that.
+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #40
recreal 
Props total: 2809 2 K  Slaps total: 188 188
The "Race" is for resources.

Economics.

The -ism is anything that stops a group from attaining wealth.

We don't need jobs...we need positions/ownership so that we can provide jobs.

2 weeks ago '09        #41
jasperfect 
Props total: 3153 3 K  Slaps total: 497 497
 virusrev said
I’m not sure anyone has addressed why he was wrong. A minimum wage above the market value will prevent the people he listed from entering the workforce. Employers will only hire people who have more experience if they are required to pay more. It’s fine with me because I’m old, but young people are about to screw themselves over when they start to struggle to find entry level jobs.

The title of this thread is wildly misleading.
The minimum wage was designed to create a minimum standard of living to protect the health and well-being of employees.

What he's saying is entirely false. If you work for minimum wage you don't care where you work or what you do and the companies paying minimum wage don't care who you are or how much experience you have. Job applications are weeded out by computer already. McDonald's isn't going to start looking for better employees because they have to pay them more. Whether minimum wage is raised or not the automated and computer employees are coming. Just look at trucking. Truckers make less now (adjusted for inflation and buying power) than they did in the past and guess what driverless trucks at still coming. Companies are using this minimum wage narrative to justify replacing workers with computers/robots but they are going to do it regardless. Look up CEO salary vs employee salary difference over the last 50 years. Show me a field where lower and mid level employees have the same buying power as they did 50 years ago. Companies are greedy share holders and CEOs make more than their fair share and that's why they want to keep minimum wage low
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #42
Airtight 
Props total: 11689 11 K  Slaps total: 1447 1 K
There's a 15 minimum in Seattle and last I checked, the city hasn't been burned down by angry mobs, there hasn't been an invasion of migrant workers, a burger doesn't cost 30 bucks and people can pay their bills.

Lotta smoke and mirrors from ancient slugs on Fox news that were born before WWII.
+8   

2 weeks ago '16        #43
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 34116 34 K  Slaps total: 3803 3 K
The American Empire babyyyyyyy

2 weeks ago '21        #44
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7874 7 K  Slaps total: 1759 1 K
 zzxxccvvbb said
White people suck at everything but trades and sales
Amazing at failing upwards.

2 weeks ago '13        #45
Mr K  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26556 26 K  Slaps total: 4771 4 K
I expect nothing less from a devil
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #46
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52 OP
Props total: 59715 59 K  Slaps total: 13336 13 K
 confidential1 said
Ofcourse HE said that... he was born in 1940...

He was a fully grown 24 year old racist by the time the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed
He would have said similar sh*t if he was born in the Reagan era. Stay woke
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #47
Real Talk 10%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 46532 46 K  Slaps total: 16209 16 K
 Storchaveli said
Faux News AKA Republicans and conservatives. Vote their redneck racist a*ses out every time.

90% of ALL of them are racist, rednecks. Yall stay surprised when these mfers do wrong, when that's ALL THEY'VE DONE since the beginning of time.

You think it goes by side?! Its 2021 man, and we still dont know this?!? WTF is wrong wit you n*ggas?!?

Last edited by Real Talk 10%er; 06-10-2021 at 03:58 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #48
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56394 56 K  Slaps total: 13516 13 K
He is an idiot and is severely underestimating the new wave of kids and young adults entering the work force. He talking about working at McDonalds when too many of these young people are already learning the basis of coding the machines that will run the McDonalds

On top of that he speaking from a practicality of what one deserves vs what one needs to survive in an inflated marketplace.
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #49
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40971 40 K  Slaps total: 7461 7 K
Damn the post that some guy made on that Twitter story is wildly true:

+5   

2 weeks ago '18        #50
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52 OP
Props total: 59715 59 K  Slaps total: 13336 13 K
 SuperPawgHunter said

For whites this is true. Black people are kept down by design
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
New Jersey waitress abducted, a*saulted after chasing 5 people who ran out on ..
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  21
What do you think is the avg median income of Boxden
325 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-65online now  20
Video inside Tasha K EXPOSES Young Buck Is Broke & Living w/ His HIV Positive TR@NSG..
158 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  15
Article inside Vin Diesel Explains What Caused Tension With Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnso..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy