Derrick Rose reveals his text to woo LeBron James

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+40  597
120 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

10 years ago '08        #1
11715 page views
101 comments

Dee Grande 
Props total: 7954 7 K  Slaps total: 675 675
Derrick Rose reveals his text to woo LeBron James

Amid all the hoopla surrounding teams' recruiting pitches to the most heralded free agent class in NBA history this summer, the Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose took a low-key approach in his wooing of LeBron James.

Rose sent James a text, the contents of which to this point were unknown. In a Sports Illustrated article out this week, Rose remembers the message reading: "I'm just hitting you up to k*ll all the rumors that I don't want to play with you. I'd like to play with you. I just want to win."

Of course, a few days later James joined Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami. The decision surprised Rose, who said James coming to Chicago seemed like a "no-brainer."

But Rose and the Bulls quickly moved on, netting free agents Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer, Kyle Korver, C.J. Watson, Kurt Thomas and Keith Bogans.

"He always told me he didn't want to be on one of those stacked teams," Rose's brother Reggie told the magazine. "He wanted to be with an underdog."

The Bulls trail James' Heat by a game for the second seed in the Eastern Conference, and Rose is considered a front-runner -- along with James -- for league MVP.

Report: Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose reveals his text to woo LeBron James - ESPN Chicago

image he really laid out the red carpet
+4   

best
worst
101 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-24online now  28
Video inside Dogecoin is out of control $1,000 to $89,000
116 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+119online now  23
Video inside Put your phone down
103 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+75online now  18
Video inside Kevin Samuels says ďLarge % of men are raised by women & they think the..
260 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+83online now  10
Image(s) inside Apr 15 - Certificate Of Vaccine I.D '19 reactions thus far...
319 comments
2 days ago
@news
 Closes in 3 hrs -  Detroit at Washington - 8:00 PM
 Closes in 3 hrs -  Cleveland at Chicago - 8:00 PM
 Closes in 3 hrs -  Golden State at Boston - 8:30 PM
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy