Apr 7 - Chemicals found in over 1,200 foods linked to immune system damage

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 week ago '11        #1
8064 page views
205 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 147283 147 K  Slaps total: 20910 20 K
Apr 7 - Chemicals found in over 1,200 foods linked to immune system damage

Junk food fiends have more to worry about than a ballooning waistline.

Chemical preservatives and other additives found in many popular processed foods may be undermining snackers’ immune systems, according to a new study.

Two compounds, tert-butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) and per- or poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), have been identified in more than 1,200 foods sold in the US.

TBHQ, a preservative, can be found in well-known brand foods, including Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts, Rice Krispies Treats and Cheez-Its; PFAS — also known as “forever chemicals” because they survive indefinitely — are often used to create a non-stick lining in packaging, such as aluminum cans, pizza boxes and popcorn bags, and may leach into food contained within the package, according to the Environmental Working Group, whose findings were published in Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health on March 24.

Researchers for the EWG based their a*sessment on data compiled by the Environmental Protection Agency’s Toxicity Forecaster, a k a ToxCast. The data showed that TBHQ, which has been used to extend the shelf life of processed foods for decades, may impair the immune system, based on animal as well as in vitro (non-animal) testing.

In a statement, Dr. Olga Naidenko, EWG’s vice president for science investigations, suggested that poor diets may have contributed to the severity of the coronavirus outbreak.

“The pandemic has focused public and scientific attention on environmental factors that can impact the immune system,” said Naidenko, who led the study. “Before the pandemic, chemicals that may harm the immune system’s defense against infection or cancer did not receive sufficient attention from public health agencies. To protect public health, this must change.”

Previous studies have indicated that TBHQ could diminish the efficacy of flu vaccines, and may also promote food allergies. This could help explain why food allergy prevalence has increased by about 50% between 1997 and 2011, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There have also been studies to suggest that PFAS suppresses immune function, including a report, published in Plos One last December, that found an a*sociation between people with high levels of these substances in the blood and increased COVID-19 severity. The results reflect that of a similar study in 2013, which determined that children who were exposed to high levels of PFAS in-utero produce fewer disease antibodies following pediatric vaccinations.

Of the more than 4,700 unique PFAS identified in manufacturing, very few have been studied for long-term health effects. In 2019, the EPA announced a research initiative to better understand PFAS following studies that linked them to cancer, thyroid disease, immune suppression, decreased fertility and low birth weight.

Study authors point out that animal and in vitro studies are not always consistent with human studies — as was the case with ToxCast’s data — and called for further research to learn more about how these chemicals interact with our immune system.

These findings are not yet evidence enough for the Food and Drug Administration to enact stricter limits; instead, the FDA continues to allow companies to self-determine whether the additives and preservatives used in their manufacturing are safe for long-term human health.

“Food manufacturers have no incentive to change their formulas,” said Scott Faber, senior vice president for government affairs at EWG. “Too often, the FDA allows the food and chemical industry to determine which ingredients are safe for consumption. Our research shows how important it is that the FDA take a second look at these ingredients and test all food chemicals for safety.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. immune-damage/
+39   

best
worst
205 comments

1 week ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 91962 91 K  Slaps total: 17168 17 K
we get a knee to the neck. But companies that poison millions of people get impunity
+165   

1 week ago '07        #3
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27897 27 K  Slaps total: 13418 13 K
They promote vaccines and masks before they promote proper nutrition, sun and exercise.

This is not a coincidence. That's why I got a private company to do a comprehensive food and allergy test.
+142   

1 week ago '15        #4
PineappleOG 
Props total: 39481 39 K  Slaps total: 7203 7 K
 Cambury said
They promote vaccines and masks before they promote proper nutrition, sun and exercise.

This is not a coincidence. That's why I got a private company to do a comprehensive food and allergy test.
you really are the boxdens very own Jason Whitlock, same recommendation his fat a*s made. True or not you and Whitlock should not be the messenger for this message
+48   

1 week ago '16        #5
EastBay Mufasa 
Props total: 12754 12 K  Slaps total: 4154 4 K
B-b-but the vaccine will save us they said. Fat fu*k vaccine justice league havent done sit ups in a decade
+20   

1 week ago '05        #6
Truth33 
Props total: 2611 2 K  Slaps total: 1641 1 K
 foshoVoodoo said
we get a knee to the neck. But companies that poison millions of people get impunity
Who’s “we”? Did you get a knee the neck?

1 week ago '19        #7
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 55993 55 K  Slaps total: 11072 11 K
A human only needs one meal a day, all those processed snacks is the reason society is obese
+52   

1 week ago '16        #8
beast9318 
Props total: 506 506  Slaps total: 90 90
Cheese Its!!
+15   

1 week ago '10        #9
REG773 
Props total: 34172 34 K  Slaps total: 8381 8 K
 FrivolousSports said
A human only needs one meal a day, all those processed snacks is the reason society is obese
eat for fuel not for reward
+47   

1 week ago '05        #10
Martel 
Props total: 6474 6 K  Slaps total: 1259 1 K
go vegan.

1 week ago '07        #11
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27897 27 K  Slaps total: 13418 13 K
 PineappleOG said
you really are the boxdens very own Jason Whitlock, same recommendation his fat a*s made. True or not you and Whitlock should not be the messenger for this message
Yall n*ggas stuck on da past. You don't know me and I don't know you.

You need some Sun you sound miserable.
+9   

1 week ago '16        #12
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 31023 31 K  Slaps total: 3461 3 K

In a statement, Dr. Olga Naidenko, EWG’s vice president for science investigations, suggested that poor diets may have contributed to the severity of the coronavirus outbreak.

and the FDA just letting these companies do this.
+30   

1 week ago '20        #13
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12472 12 K  Slaps total: 1524 1 K
 Cambury said

A Boxden member that gets it! Thank god!
+4   

1 week ago '05        #14
bx old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 40366 40 K  Slaps total: 2871 2 K

+63   

1 week ago '11        #15
whouthinkitis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6584 6 K  Slaps total: 510 510
What's new... everything you eat & drink has some sort of underlying chemicals in it.

All I can say is try to eat certain foods in moderation and stay away from drinking soda & real sugary drinks as much as possible.
+31   

1 week ago '16        #16
ELAH MENTAT 
Props total: 17242 17 K  Slaps total: 1248 1 K
 FrivolousSports said
No one understands this...
+17   

1 week ago '05        #17
tokinjohn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 110349 110 K  Slaps total: 13922 13 K
 PineappleOG said

So he can't be knowledgeable in certain things that he may not practice? You only knew he was outta shape by hearsay or the pics of him that was like 10 years ago...ppl change

@

Last edited by tokinjohn; 04-07-2021 at 05:02 PM..
+3   

1 week ago '11        #18
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 20254 20 K  Slaps total: 2278 2 K
 Cambury said

The fu*k is so hard about doing both?
+8   

1 week ago '11        #19
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 20254 20 K  Slaps total: 2278 2 K
 Martel said
go vegan.
I’m trying to Plair but I’m addicted to this sh*t
+6   

1 week ago '14        #20
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 135505 135 K  Slaps total: 31876 31 K

+9   

1 week ago '17        #21
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 13836 13 K  Slaps total: 8651 8 K
Food pyramid is a joke.
+24   

1 week ago '07        #22
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50775 50 K  Slaps total: 5810 5 K
 Martel said
go vegan.
Plant based >>>>>
+10   

1 week ago '11        #23
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27 OP
Props total: 147283 147 K  Slaps total: 20910 20 K
 ELAH MENTAT said
No one understands this...
 FrivolousSports said
yes you can survive off of one meal a day if you live a sedentary lifestyle

for those of that live very active lifestyles one meal doesn't cut it

yesterday I was on my feet active from 8am to 2am and tonight will probably be longer
+28   

1 week ago '17        #24
thc 
Props total: 11898 11 K  Slaps total: 1080 1 K
ive been eating like chickpeas and quinoa, making smoothies, for the past couple of days but i must say my poop goes does way smoother now
+20   

1 week ago '16        #25
castroThirteen 
Props total: 15751 15 K  Slaps total: 2411 2 K
So many wars on so many fronts. Capitalism is devilism.
+24   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-32online now  21
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
208 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  17
Why I think Rory And Mal Left The Joe Budden Podcast
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Who is the greatest cornerback of all time skill wise
153 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+80online now  9
Image(s) inside Apr 15 - Certificate Of Vaccine I.D '19 reactions thus far...
306 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy