Apr 5 - cocaine mitch......threatens ceos over new georgia voter discrimination law

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '09        #1
1219 page views
30 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x61
Props total: 218309 218 K  Slaps total: 24589 24 K
Apr 5 - cocaine mitch......threatens ceos over new georgia voter discrimination law

visit this link https://news.yahoo.com/st .. 184710424.html

U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lashed out at corporate America on Monday, warning CEOs to stay out of the debate over a new voting law in Georgia that has been criticized as restricting votes among minorities and the poor.

In a sign of a growing rift in the decades-old alliance between the conservative party and U.S. corporations, McConnell said: "My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don't pick sides in these big f*ghts."

McConnell warned companies there could be risks for turning on the party, but he did not elaborate.

"Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order," McConnell told a news conference in his home state of Kentucky.

Big business ties with Republicans began fraying under former President Donald Trump's leadership and the party's focus on voting restrictions has soured businesses embracing diversity as key to their work force and customer base.

Major Georgia employers Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines have spoken out against the law signed by Governor Brian Kemp, and Major League Baseball pulled the 2021 All-Star Game out of the state over the law strengthening identification requirements for absentee ballots and making it a crime to offer food or water to voters waiting in line.

"I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics," McConnell said.

Trump spent months after losing his re-election bid falsely claiming that his defeat was the result of widespread fraud. He failed in dozens of legal challenges. Nonetheless, lawmakers in 47 states this year have introduced 361 bills imposing new restrictions on voting, according to the Brennan Center for Justice.

The Georgia law brought a backlash from some U.S. companies with strong ties to the state.

Coca-Cola Co Chief Executive James Quincey called the law "unacceptable" and a "step backwards." Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian said: "The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 election."

Independent reviews have repeatedly shown that voter fraud is rare in the United States, and state and federal probes found no evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election which the Republican Trump lost to Democrat Joe Biden.

Corporate America has long thrown its political muscle behind Republican candidates and office-holders, often funneling more campaign contributions to conservative candidates than Democratic ones
+6   

best
worst
30 comments

2 weeks ago '04        #2
cledee23 
Props total: 4321 4 K  Slaps total: 559 559
Mitch is basically saying no more kickbacks for Companies. Unfortunately for Mitch if there's money to be made, a politician can be bought.
+19   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
Dnyce215  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25032 25 K  Slaps total: 1373 1 K
Threats of making CEOs falling in line, if they don’t shut their mouths. I want to see Mitch make due on these threats, and I want the CEOs put the Congress leaders on front street that take funding from these so called companies
+15   

2 weeks ago '11        #4
SteffDub 
Props total: 12616 12 K  Slaps total: 1115 1 K
They be doing all this stuff in plain sight right in our face and we don’t do a damn thing about it smh
+15   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
abstractq 
Props total: 20564 20 K  Slaps total: 3404 3 K
These companies gotta consider their workforce

My ceo put out a voting rights statement like 2 days after the law was passed just because the company is located in black a*s atlanta with a diverse workforce and we watching

all the gerrymandering in the world wont erase the fact that at the end of the day we are the majority of people in this country
+11   

2 weeks ago '16        #6
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 91962 91 K  Slaps total: 17168 17 K
karma does work
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #7
Zack Bible 
Props total: 881 881  Slaps total: 650 650
The left is scared. They know what’s up in 2022.

2 weeks ago '20        #8
CopyCat 
Props total: 6545 6 K  Slaps total: 695 695
Mitch is a piece of sh*t. I know for a fact he's married to an Asian woman so I know for a fact he's same White man condescendingly telling Black people to stop being racist towards Asians but at the same time he's passing laws that discriminate against Blacks. So fu*k u Mitch.
+18   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
nigelmes1 
Props total: 3567 3 K  Slaps total: 473 473
These politicians, especially republican lawmakers, are literally bought by these corporations. Mitch is known for saying some sh*t that sounds nice but doing the complete opposite. If the corporations pick sides, he’ll eventually fall in line with them.

Last edited by nigelmes1; 04-06-2021 at 08:53 AM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '20        #10
Oxx 
Props total: 4676 4 K  Slaps total: 615 615
Ahhhhhhh the irony cannot be denied by the Republicans, thank u Donald Trump for exposing and bringing out the racists from out the closet, the racist-in-chief has exposed that part of White America that's been hiding for decades, if not centuries, right in front of our faces.....just remember folks, it's only ok to do this ,if ure a republican.....let Republicans and corporate America f*ght, they've been in bed for decades,so it feels good watching Republicans f*ght corporate America,just remember repubs,ur gonna overplay ur hand like u always do and it will backfire,mark my words, remember this day
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #11
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 73098 73 K  Slaps total: 7601 7 K
 Zack Bible said
The left is scared. They know whatís up in 2022.
scared of what?

no one can be as scared as conservative christian capitalists

your entire culture is based on fear of progress, freedom, choice and equality
+15   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 73098 73 K  Slaps total: 7601 7 K
"I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics," McConnell said.
but he has no problem taking their money

republicans have stooped so low that now they're threatening corporations for supporting democratic elections

think about that, republicans are doing everything they can to make voting difficult and they're demonizing anyone who tries to defend democratically held elections

is this what jesus would do?
+5   

2 weeks ago '20        #13
SpiceRackDJ 
Props total: 1087 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
Stop lying to folks by using “widespread” when talking about fraud..... throws the debate from facts!

PLEASE explain what’s wrong with this law.......ANYONE!

2 weeks ago '20        #14
SpiceRackDJ 
 yola said
but he has no problem taking their money

republicans have stooped so low that now they're threatening corporations for supporting democratic elections

think about that, republicans are doing everything they can to make voting difficult and they're demonizing anyone who tries to defend democratically held elections

is this what jesus would do?
How are they making it difficult to vote tho? Like fam if you canít get a ID why should you get to vote. Erybody can get a ID. Iíve been homeless and GOT A NEW ID WITH NO ADDY SO WTF. Like bro I want to get it but I canít. Make it make sense.

2 weeks ago '21        #15
Tlatoani 
Props total: 4979 4 K  Slaps total: 948 948
 SpiceRackDJ said
How are they making it difficult to vote tho? Like fam if you canít get a ID why should you get to vote. Erybody can get a ID. Iíve been homeless and GOT A NEW ID WITH NO ADDY SO WTF. Like bro I want to get it but I canít. Make it make sense.
Requiring ID's is a poll tax. That's unconstitutional.

Stricter mail-in voting requirements in addition to criminalizing the giving of water and food to people waiting in line to vote. Georgia had people waiting in line 11 hours to vote last November.

You must have been watching Fox News or something to not catch the obvious implications of this bill.
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
abstractq 
 SpiceRackDJ said
its more than just requiring an ID, even though there were something like 200k voters who didnt have an ID last year

its the reduced voting hours, the restrictions to mail in voting, the reductions in voting areas, and stripping the secretary of state of most of his powers (which were on full display as trump tried to steal the election in georgia last year)

Its a super obvious push to keep minorities and the poor from voting
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
VictoryThagr8 
Props total: 7834 7 K  Slaps total: 1533 1 K
 abstractq said
its more than just requiring an ID, even though there were something like 200k voters who didnt have an ID last year

its the reduced voting hours, the restrictions to mail in voting, the reductions in voting areas, and stripping the secretary of state of most of his powers (which were on full display as trump tried to steal the election in georgia last year)

Thanks you.

I see trumpets keeps saying what make Id checj so racist when they forget all the other bullsh*t they are doing trying to discourage people from voting. Now they are stripping the secretary of state of power because he didn't let Trump steal the election.
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #18
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 63284 63 K  Slaps total: 9966 9 K
 foshoVoodoo said
karma does work
It dont seem like it

Only ones that got any kinda karma was Hillary when she almost bust her a*s at the 9/11 memorial a couple years ago

2 weeks ago '04        #19
Chronos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23532 23 K  Slaps total: 669 669
 abstractq said

1 week ago '15        #20
POTUS2045  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5102 5 K  Slaps total: 883 883
These fortune 1000 companies are trying to do an honorable thing but we have a political system that constantly reminds these corporations who writes the laws and who has all the guns.

1 week ago '20        #21
SpiceRackDJ 
 abstractq said

Thank you for respectfully responding!!!
Reduced voting hours...ok maybe thereís something, but how long you need to vote.(need to be a holiday or a three day thing to me)
Mail in voting is trash, absentee been working and been available. The mail in votes(with out the MAIL ENVELOPE FOLD, no id verification, taken from boxes with no over site or chain of command is the reason Trump called ole boy, to look for the votes cause when the bullsh*t gets stripped away Donny won that sh*t. Itís hard for me to think otherwise watching how the Left responded to election fraud claims. Lol. They didnít want to SEE the evidence so none of found- then n*ggas eat that sh*t up and then everything is racist. You gotta at least see that tho?

1 week ago '20        #22
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 8934 8 K  Slaps total: 1977 1 K
What does he mean by CEOs getting into politics?

Ceos are politics lmao!

These corporations have all the money and most laws are passed for them to benefit. Govt barely gave folks 1400 bucks while corporations continue to receive millions.

They run the country, I mean the world

Why is he saying this?
+2   

1 week ago '04        #23
abstractq 
 SpiceRackDJ said
Thank you for respectfully responding!!!
Reduced voting hours...ok maybe thereís something, but how long you need to vote.(need to be a holiday or a three day thing to me)
Mail in voting is trash, absentee been working and been available. The mail in votes(with out the MAIL ENVELOPE FOLD, no id verification, taken from boxes with no over site or chain of command is the reason Trump called ole boy, to look for the votes cause when the bullsh*t gets stripped away Donny won that sh*t. Itís hard for me to think otherwise watching how the Left responded to election fraud claims. Lol. They didnít want to SEE the evidence so none of found- then n*ggas eat that sh*t up and then everything is racist. You gotta at least see that tho?
Georgia was already all over the news last year because they reduced the number of voting areas in poor areas, so people were having to spend hours in line to vote on election day

If you dont get off on election day then it is a very real barrier for people.

And this new bill reduces early voting also and restricts where you can go to early vote (i.e. you cant just early vote in a rich area where there is no line)

Trump called the secretary of state here because he lost and was trying to find a loophole to toss votes out.

The mail in procedure they used here was agreed to by both dems and republicans like a year before the election and they didnt find any fraud despite recounting the vote 3 separate times. . .this new bill has basically nothing to do with preserving election integrity because the election already went well
+3   

1 week ago '20        #24
SpiceRackDJ 
 Tlatoani said
Requiring ID's is a poll tax. That's unconstitutional.

Stricter mail-in voting requirements in addition to criminalizing the giving of water and food to people waiting in line to vote. Georgia had people waiting in line 11 hours to vote last November.

You must have been watching Fox News or something to not catch the obvious implications of this bill.
Poll tax because a id cost money is bullsh*t. They less than 30 bucks from the dmv and the state will issue you one for free if you on Medicare/cade n*ggas just need to read..... and if you canít why u voting. The water sh*t is a lil petty BUT, if folks giving water and fish plates, with slogans or candidates on the bottle or plate, of in a t shirt with a candidate on it thatís violating existing voter laws. Thatís why they are no election signs allows within a certain amount of feet from where you vote. 11 hours is bullsh*t, I hear that. But if the voting boxes with no oversight, or vote harvesting or no id was ok to vote, why folks in line 11 hours(sounds like someone donít want you voting easy already and itís not the right. Funny how the Dems change all this voting law sh*t on the fly during covid, but when u ask em about it and point out hypocrisy, they play a race card of the evil white man and we miss the real sh*t!
And yes n*gga .....fox newes, and msnbc and cnn and sky, I watch read listen and look at ALL the sh*t. I donít vote nationally so I donít give a sh*t. I just peep game and have questions. Thanks for taking the time bredren.

1 week ago '21        #25
Tlatoani 
Props total: 4979 4 K  Slaps total: 948 948
 SpiceRackDJ said
Poll tax because a id cost money is bullsh*t. They less than 30 bucks from the dmv and the state will issue you one for free if you on Medicare/cade n*ggas just need to read..... and if you canít why u voting. The water sh*t is a lil petty BUT, if folks giving water and fish plates, with slogans or candidates on the bottle or plate, of in a t shirt with a candidate on it thatís violating existing voter laws. Thatís why they are no election signs allows within a certain amount of feet from where you vote. 11 hours is bullsh*t, I hear that. But if the voting boxes with no oversight, or vote harvesting or no id was ok to vote, why folks in line 11 hours(sounds like someone donít want you voting easy already and itís not the right. Funny how the Dems change all this voting law sh*t on the fly during covid, but when u ask em about it and point out hypocrisy, they play a race card of the evil white man and we miss the real sh*t!
And yes n*gga .....fox newes, and msnbc and cnn and sky, I watch read listen and look at ALL the sh*t. I donít vote nationally so I donít give a sh*t. I just peep game and have questions. Thanks for taking the time bredren.
You said it yourself. "Cost less than 30 bucks."

That is a poll tax regardless of how cheap you think it is.

Didn't read the rest.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-32online now  21
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
209 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Who is the greatest cornerback of all time skill wise
154 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+19online now  16
Why I think Rory And Mal Left The Joe Budden Podcast
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+80online now  10
Image(s) inside Apr 15 - Certificate Of Vaccine I.D '19 reactions thus far...
306 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy