Apr 1 - Dozens contract COVID in Florida after vaccination

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+42  136
49 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '05        #1
3463 page views
100 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 9153 9 K  Slaps total: 2603 2 K
Apr 1 - Dozens contract COVID in Florida after vaccination

After dozens contract COVID in Florida after vaccination, doctor’s reminder: Goal is to ‘keep people out of the hospital’
So-called breakthrough cases pop up in Orlando area

ORLANDO, Fla. – They’re called COVID-19 breakthrough cases: People who have been fully vaccinated yet still contract the virus more than 14 days after their second shot.

The cases are popping up around the country, including in Central Florida, News4Jax sister station WKMG-TV reported. Though as News4Jax has previously reported, medical experts have never promised that getting a vaccination will provide 100% immunity.

Dr. Sunil Joshi, president of the Duval County Medical Foundation, compared the COVID-19 vaccine to the flu vaccine.

“It’s like the flu shot, for instance, right. We know, we encourage people to get the flu vaccine. That doesn’t mean that you’re not going to get the flu. But the disease’s significantly lessened,” Joshi said. “So remember, the whole goal for this, from the very beginning, has been to keep people out of the hospital. And so anything positive after the vaccine is not unusual, it can happen.”

Joshi said vaccines are good at preventing severe illness over 90% from Moderna and Pfizer and over 86% for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

“By doing that, we are a*suming extrapolating that that means that it’s helpful at preventing the spread of the virus as well,” Joshi said. “But you really do need to look at more longer-term studies to see how helpful it is at preventing that.”

Earlier this month, the Minnesota Department of Health released a health advisory stating that, along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is investigating COVID-19 infections among people who are “appropriately vaccinated,” also called vaccine breakthrough cases, according to the advisory.

WKMG checked and the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County has six documented breakthrough cases while Sumter County has six and Lake County has 26 cases, according to emails from each county’s spokesperson.

News4Jax asked all the health departments in Jacksonville-area counties if there have been any breakthrough cases, but did not get a response as of Tuesday afternoon. We also invited Mayor Lenny Curry to come on the show, but he declined the request.

Hanna Rewerts, 27, is a physical therapist and has been tested for COVID-19 at least once a week since the pandemic started.

She says she got her first positive test just days ago.

“I was shocked, you know,” Rewerts said. “Immediately I’m like, ‘This has to be a false-positive. This can’t be right.’”

But multiple tests confirmed it.

She said she was shocked because she is also fully vaccinated.

As a health care worker, Rewerts had her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine in December 2020, according to her vaccine card. Her second dose was three weeks later in January.

More than two months after the second shot, she contracted the virus.

“So it’s just, it’s very odd,” Rewerts said.

Dr. Timothy Hendrix, with Advent Health, also pointed out that it is possible for someone who is fully vaccinated to still contract the virus.

“It is possible because no vaccine is perfect,” Hendrix said.

Hendrix stressed that both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are 95% effective, though.

“The good news is for that very small amount of people that might become infected, that less than 5%, the chances of severe disease is next to zero,” Hendrix said.

Breakthrough cases are not specific to COVID-19 and can happen with any vaccine, according to experts.

Rewerts said three of her family members who were also fully vaccinated contracted it as well.

“One of my family members actually went to the hospital,” Rewerts said. “I mean, that’s pretty severe enough to be concerned about the vaccine.”

Rewerts said the Florida Department of Health is testing to see whether she may have been infected by one of the COVID-19 variants that has made it to Florida.

She said for now, she and her family will continue social distancing and wearing masks.

“I don’t think the public is aware that it doesn’t mean you’re not getting the virus, and it doesn’t mean you’re not getting sick. There is still a chance,” Rewerts said.

Researchers are still trying to figure out if people who are fully vaccinated and contract the virus can also spread it to other people, which is why they recommend still wearing masks even after you’re vaccinated.

Even after vaccination, doctors recommend taking all the necessary precautions, such as thoroughly washing your hands, and of course, wearing a mask.

visit this link https://www.news4jax.com/ .. ly-vaccinated/
+9   

best
worst
100 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 91946 91 K  Slaps total: 17168 17 K
inb4thevaccinejusticeleague
+17   

2 weeks ago '20        #3
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27578 27 K  Slaps total: 5193 5 K
Stay safe my brothas
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
regularjoe 
Props total: 30085 30 K  Slaps total: 6757 6 K
“It’s like the flu shot, for instance, right. We know, we encourage people to get the flu vaccine. That doesn’t mean that you’re not going to get the flu. But the disease’s significantly lessened,”
I know BX and people in general don't read. There is the main part of the article, the main part of common sense. It SHOULD cease arguments, but it won't.
+51   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
gh3tto 
Props total: 38270 38 K  Slaps total: 7573 7 K
 regularjoe said
I know BX and people in general don't read. There is the main part of the article, the main part of common sense. It SHOULD cease arguments, but it won't.
unfortunately even when you explain things in simple form like that the anti science retards wont accept it

a moron doesnt understand so when they see 60% efficacy for a flu vaccine they think "thats not effective enough"

the concept is to avoid death and SERIOUS ILLNESS not to make you immune

but retards that never paid attention in high school are suddenly doing freelance epidemiology

+28   

2 weeks ago '20        #6
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 10349 10 K  Slaps total: 18850 18 K
Y’all Wuhan sissys still need to believe confirmed infections are the only infections possible.

2 weeks ago '18        #7
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 61413 61 K  Slaps total: 5013 5 K
You can get the flu after the flu vaccine, too.
+29   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
DELIGHTFUL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 88892 88 K  Slaps total: 51607 51 K
 BuiltForThis said
Y’all Wuhan sissys still need to believe confirmed infections are the only infections possible.

What
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #9
ehizzy3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18042 18 K  Slaps total: 1321 1 K
OP is a true dumbass
+12   

2 weeks ago '20        #10
RockyII 
Props total: 8139 8 K  Slaps total: 1049 1 K
 regularjoe said
 gh3tto said
unfortunately even when you explain things in simple form like that the anti science retards wont accept it

a moron doesnt understand so when they see 60% efficacy for a flu vaccine they think "thats not effective enough"

but retards that never paid attention in high school are suddenly doing freelance epidemiology

OP is an idiot and thinks this will further his bullsh*t argument to not get the covid vaccine... ok we get it, you’re against it. FINE! Everyone has their choice to make, just live with the consequences like any other decision in life.

On another note, I finally got ,y 1st Pfizer shot today
+14   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
Truth33 
Props total: 2611 2 K  Slaps total: 1640 1 K
But the CDC said yesterday that you can’t transmit the virus after vaccination...
+14   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 73097 73 K  Slaps total: 7601 7 K
if people would've put a little more thought into explaining vaccines, most of these stories would be boring

but instead, everyone rushed to congratulate the opioid distributors as discovering "a cure" that wasn't even put to the test
+7   

2 weeks ago '16        #13
Sire  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15118 15 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
 Truth33 said
But the CDC said yesterday that you can’t transmit the virus after vaccination...
just because you are infected with the virus doesnt mean you automatically carry a viral load large enough to transmit to others.

if SERIOUS illness is decreased with the vaccine...then logic points to the viral load diminishing significantly. if viral load diminishes significantly...ability to transmit would diminish significantly along with it.
+11   

2 weeks ago '16        #14
Sire  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15118 15 K  Slaps total: 1168 1 K
 gh3tto said

not to mention...if MILLIONS of people are getting vaccinated in a state...and TENS are still confirmed to get the virus...then the vaccine is doing a great job as expected.
+9   

2 weeks ago '04        #15
Claudinho69 
Props total: 3613 3 K  Slaps total: 500 500
its not supposed to keep you from getting it...
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39640 39 K  Slaps total: 2700 2 K

Though as News4Jax has previously reported, medical experts have never promised that getting a vaccination will provide 100% immunity.

Nothing to see here.
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #17
TayloredSince83 
Props total: 6936 6 K  Slaps total: 381 381
I don’t think it’s stops you from contracting Covid lol just from having serious complications.
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #18
gunshot225 
Props total: 10650 10 K  Slaps total: 949 949
 regularjoe said
They could've ended the story right there to be honest
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #19
mwtx 
Props total: 18136 18 K  Slaps total: 3195 3 K
 gh3tto said

They just trollin or retarded. Either way they should be ignored.
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #20
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 46628 46 K  Slaps total: 3853 3 K

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #21
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30821 30 K  Slaps total: 8745 8 K
Props to OP. I posted this story as a response to someone in another thread.

They literally promote the vaccines as a be all cure with immunity and then wonder why the average American is confused that they can catch the virus after vaccination. The media has been lying about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine with their deceptive marketing.

If you look at this commercial, the message is that if you get the co-vid 19 "vaccine," you will no longer have to social distance, can no longer wear masks, be in large gatherings, and go back to normal.

Last edited by 4REAL; 04-02-2021 at 06:17 PM..
+9   

2 weeks ago '05        #22
Gully Reloaded 
Props total: 9258 9 K  Slaps total: 1829 1 K
 gh3tto said

Retards quickly turn into real life experts because they skim articles and watch youtube videos

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #23
Real Talk 10%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 43276 43 K  Slaps total: 15358 15 K
Been told these n*ggas months ago.

+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
Armstrong 102 
Props total: 5498 5 K  Slaps total: 1985 1 K
 regularjoe said
Nope this is the main part bro:
She said for now, she and her family will continue social distancing and wearing masks.

“I don’t think the public is aware that it doesn’t mean you’re not getting the virus, and it doesn’t mean you’re not getting sick. There is still a chance,” Rewerts said.

Because most people are not aware of this. Actuality 95% of people are not aware of this or else no one would be getting this vaccine
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #25
Max Mayhem 
Props total: 3885 3 K  Slaps total: 459 459
Just when I thought this sh*t was dying down all of a sudden this week sh*t is back on full blast. We going to be wearing these masks forever mane
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-32online now  24
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
206 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+80online now  17
Image(s) inside Apr 15 - Certificate Of Vaccine I.D '19 reactions thus far...
304 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  14
Why I think Rory And Mal Left The Joe Budden Podcast
100 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Who is the greatest cornerback of all time skill wise