First the wire, then breaking bad, now OZ

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM         #61
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
Well you missed out on one of the best shows of all time
I just gotta ask, how you gonna squeeze the Heat into that bottom lineup? I respect that your a Pitt guy, but then you put the Heat in there for real? That bandwagon seat just looked too comfy? Couldn't resist jumpin on? What the fu*k's wrong with the 76ers? Bandwagon's not a good look if you claim to be a real sports fan homie, especially if you're from Pittsburgh. I can't imagine a place to be from thats more the opposite of South Beach. Weak...

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 02-12-2013 at 12:37 AM..
 02-11-2013, 11:55 PM         #62
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QMinati said:
The Corner is worth checking out. It's Pre-The Wire and is the reason the wire was born. The Corner is based on a true story and the main characters mother in real life plays the secretary in the rehab and makes a cameo in the wire giving out pamphlets in hamsterdam. Her real life husband is the character Omar is based on.

Fun fact: When they asked the real life Omar if he really jumped off the 3rd floor balcony he said "nope, it was actually the 5th floor"

If you love watching the wire, download the DVD series and watch it with commentary. The very first scene about the conversation with the kid about the crackhead who kept stealing the money and runnin and why they let him keep playin cuz its america, is almost word for word from a real conversation. Almost all of the wire stems from real stories. Any true fan should watch the wire with the commentary.
The actual ex B-more Police Commisioner plays that cop dude with the mustache and glasses. Props on the post, yeah The Wire uses a lot of real people that arn't actors by trade, and yet the acting is very strong throughout the show.
 02-11-2013, 11:57 PM         #63
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
Only 2 seasons deep, but Homeland has GOAT potential, if it stays consistent. Def check that out next...
No it doesn't (have GOAT potential). The season 2 finale was TERRIBLE! It was downright laughable in my opinion, just plain reaching, absolutely silly plot lines that are going nowhere. You could tell the writers ran out of ideas. I love the first season, and the 2nd season started strong but after they formally arrested Brodie for the first time, the show slowly deteriorates from that moment on. sh*t should of been a mini-series to begin with, like 15-20 episodes total. Now its just totally aimless, and yet will probably be drawn out for several more sh*tty seasons now that it became so popular overnight.

Too much popularity too quickly can doom a TV show in my opinion. With Homeland I think, much like Breaking Bad, it has a pretty crazy premise that involves a secret double life of the main character. Yet Breaking Bad has proven to be a truly special show in that it has made that premise last 5 full seasons without getting stale or contrived. I can;t say the same for Homeland, the last episode was complete garbage. And I have been all about Homeland since the very beginning, when most people had never heard of it. sh*t fell off, its sad but true.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 02-12-2013 at 12:43 AM..
 02-12-2013, 12:33 AM         #64
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
whatever you do, don't watch Lost
yea seriously fu*k that show haha
 5 years ago '05        #65
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 Bob Sacamano said:
I just gotta ask, how you gonna squeeze the Heat into that bottom lineup? I respect that your a Pitt guy, but then you put the Heat in there for real? That bandwagon seat just looked too comfy? Couldn't resist jumpin on? What the fu*k's wrong with the 76ers? Bandwagon's not a good look if you claim to be a real sports fan homie, especially if you're from Pittsburgh. I can't imagine a place to be from thats more the opposite of South Beach. Weak...
...let me get this straight...

You're a regular poster on here. We have participated in conversations in threads before dozens of times. And you are just now bringing this up? Did you just turn sigs and avys on or something? I have been a Lebron fan since he entered the league. I cheered for him since day one on the Cavs and I now cheer for him on Miami. Everybody in the sports section knows I'm a Bron stan and no respected member in that section has ever accused me of "jumping on a bandwagon" because I was Stanning Lebron before all these new school Lebron Stans popped up over these past few years

Know your Boxden history before you come at me like that

And you are not the first person to ask me why I am not a 76ers fan

Pittsburgh and Philly hate eachother, why the fu*k would I cheer for their basketball team? They aren't even the closest team to Pittsburgh, if that's what you were trying to get at. And even then, why would I give a fu*k about geographical location? If the team isn't located in the city I reside in, then how they do on the field/court/rink has absolutely no bearing on me. At least with Pittsburgh teams I have ties to the team in the fact that if they do good and advance in the playoffs it brings in more tax dollars for my city which could directly effect me. But if my city has no team why in the ever loving hell would I not cheer for my favorite player?

Sorry for the rant, but because it happens so rarely, when some rookie to Boxden (Or in this case just apparently somebody unobservant of avi's and sigs) randomly accuses me of hopping on the bandwagon without knowing the facts behind the situation, it annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 02-12-2013 at 01:19 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #66
space
space
 datVAkid said:
man fu*k shane n*gga is a snake n shoulda been k!lled way earlier
 5 years ago '05        #67
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
No it doesn't (have GOAT potential). The season 2 finale was TERRIBLE! It was downright laughable in my opinion, just plain reaching, absolutely silly plot lines that are going nowhere. You could tell the writers ran out of ideas. I love the first season, and the 2nd season started strong but after
[spoiler - click to view]

, the show slowly deteriorates from that moment on. sh*t should of been a mini-series to begin with, like 15-20 episodes total. Now its just totally aimless, and yet will probably be drawn out for several more sh*tty seasons now that it became so popular overnight.

Too much popularity too quickly can doom a TV show in my opinion. With Homeland I think, much like Breaking Bad, it has a pretty crazy premise that involves a secret double life of the main character. Yet Breaking Bad has proven to be a truly special show in that it has made that premise last 5 full seasons without getting stale or contrived. I can;t say the same for Homeland, the last episode was complete garbage. And I have been all about Homeland since the very beginning, when most people had never heard of it. sh*t fell off, its sad but true.
I will never get the hate on season two. In my opinion season two sh*t all over season one. It contained the two best episodes of the entire series and I for one loved the finale and loved what it set up for season three.

I will admit that the first half of season two > the second half. And there were some times where you had to suspend disbelief a bit, but it's a TV show and none of that really bothered me at all.

In my opinion it is easily a top two show currently on the air, right there with Breaking Bad.

Plus it has the best actress on television, by far.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 02-12-2013 at 01:20 AM..
 02-12-2013, 08:16 AM         #68
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
...let me get this straight...

You're a regular poster on here. We have participated in conversations in threads before dozens of times. And you are just now bringing this up? Did you just turn sigs and avys on or something? I have been a Lebron fan since he entered the league. I cheered for him since day one on the Cavs and I now cheer for him on Miami. Everybody in the sports section knows I'm a Bron stan and no respected member in that section has ever accused me of "jumping on a bandwagon" because I was Stanning Lebron before all these new school Lebron Stans popped up over these past few years

Know your Boxden history before you come at me like that

And you are not the first person to ask me why I am not a 76ers fan

Pittsburgh and Philly hate eachother, why the fu*k would I cheer for their basketball team? They aren't even the closest team to Pittsburgh, if that's what you were trying to get at. And even then, why would I give a fu*k about geographical location? If the team isn't located in the city I reside in, then how they do on the field/court/rink has absolutely no bearing on me. At least with Pittsburgh teams I have ties to the team in the fact that if they do good and advance in the playoffs it brings in more tax dollars for my city which could directly effect me. But if my city has no team why in the ever loving hell would I not cheer for my favorite player?

Sorry for the rant, but because it happens so rarely, when some rookie to Boxden (Or in this case just apparently somebody unobservant of avi's and sigs) randomly accuses me of hopping on the bandwagon without knowing the facts behind the situation, it annoys the hell out of me.
I'm pretty sure none of that actually denied hopping on the Miami Heat Bandwagon. Yeah I didn't notice your banner till now, and yeah I guess the 76ers doesn't make much sense, although same state still counts for something. Other than that, its one thing to have a favorite player but you are repping the Miami Heat cause of one player that sh*t is weak in my opinion. Your explanation was kind of a deflection, I still say you are a bandwagon basketball fan.

I used to love watching T-mac, he might of been my favorite players back when I was younger. But did I rep Orlando Magic? And then The Rockets etc. Nahh, cause thats now how its done and I knew better even as a young kid.
 02-12-2013, 08:35 AM         #69
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
I will never get the hate on season two. In my opinion season two sh*t all over season one. It contained the two best episodes of the entire series and I for one loved the finale and loved what it set up for season three.

I will admit that the first half of season two > the second half. And there were some times where you had to suspend disbelief a bit, but it's a TV show and none of that really bothered me at all.

In my opinion it is easily a top two show currently on the air, right there with Breaking Bad.

Plus it has the best actress on television, by far.

I will agree with the last point.

You liked that cartoonish explosion scene? Where even though it was a carbomb from outside, every person on the lower floor was k!lled, and Brodie and Carrie just a couple floors up walked away with about two scratches each. The central tension of the show was whether or not Brodie was a terrorist and that sh*t is completely over with. The relationship between the two main characters was compelling for a little bit, but now the writers are just reaching, its painfully obvious.

How bout a couple eps before, when Carrie spends the whole ep hogtied with a gun to her head by Abu Nasir, and then after he lets her free, she flees the scene and then almost immediately turns around to chase him back down with a fu*kin pipe? What's a pipe gonna do against a gun? sh*t was just plain silly.
 5 years ago '05        #70
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
I'm pretty sure none of that actually denied hopping on the Miami Heat Bandwagon. Yeah I didn't notice your banner till now, and yeah I guess the 76ers doesn't make much sense, although same state still counts for something. Other than that, its one thing to have a favorite player but you are repping the Miami Heat cause of one player that sh*t is weak in my opinion. Your explanation was kind of a deflection, I still say you are a bandwagon basketball fan.

I used to love watching T-mac, he might of been my favorite players back when I was younger. But did I rep Orlando Magic? And then The Rockets etc. Nahh, cause thats now how its done and I knew better even as a young kid.
 5 years ago '05        #71
space
space
 ReallyTho said:
the first time i saw gus fring it reminded me of brother mazone
Only difference is Brother Mouzone was one of the worst characters on The Wire and Gus is one of the best on Breaking Bad.

5 years ago '08        #72
topshotta22 
space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
 datVAkid said:
Just a recap...
started watching the shield since this post and im halfway done with season 5

Vic mackie is that n*gga
My n*gga mackie was a fu*kin g on the shield, one of my favourite shows of all time, that sh*t had everything in it
 5 years ago '05        #73
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
OZ to me is one of the most slept on shows ever. I loved that show. Story line was amazing. Flashbacks were awesome. Violence and drugs were dope. Just great overall.
 5 years ago '08        #74
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
the wire is the most overrated show on boxden (thats not to say that its not good, everyone on here just acts like its the best show ever) sopranos is the real goat and sh*ts on every other show in every feasible way. going award for award and ratings for ratings will back up my point.
 5 years ago '09        #75
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
I went ahead and finished watching Oz. It was okay and had its moments. I wouldnt give it an all time vote but it wasn't bad. The last few episodes and maybe the last season was pretty average to me.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 02-27-2013 at 09:24 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #76
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
Oh yeah, went ahead and checked The Shield out because of this thread and I must say I can't believe I never watched even one episode of that show when it aired weekly. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Once I figured the SOA guy had a hand in this then I knew why it was getting as crazy as it did after I started watching it.

It's a damn good show.

Any more suggestions
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy