Feds confirm: Niggas rat on themselves

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+62  87
87 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '20        #76
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 20156 20 K  Slaps total: 1532 1 K
 GrindPOWER$ said
these n*ggas are local jokers international idiots

y'all blame KEEF where in his music he ever brag on murkin OPP i could be wrong

that n*gga got outta Chicago and never return and if he did he will never let us know

the FEDS didn't listen to no music they had a snitch
I'm sure there are informants too but y'all keep discounting how old HipHop is and how many generations it spans...

Y'all forget how many failed rappers passed law enforcement exams and training ...

Double that with a passion to do the right thing and get a**holes off the street,
with their upset losers like that are allowed to thrive and floss the sh*t they should be flaunting ,fu*king hoes they're not gonna fu*k and pushing cars their salaries can't cover...

Case closed n*ggas

I used to throw open mic shows in Times Square

HipHop police popped up
looking like potential rappers
One black dude and his white homie...
They signed for the mic
had a slot to perform but started moving around the club mad sus...
I was rolling up my spliff in the bathroom and they knew I was a host so when we spoke the convo went from a few different things about the venue to asking if I had some pills or something to help pick em up to see if I was pushing...
Them n*ggas looked green as a meadow breeze ...
I can spot addicts ...
They weren't in that life
So even if I did?
fu*k no I don't
fu*kin weirdos
Then asked about Tony Yayo ...Cuz he was expected to show that night and the line of questioning regarding him let me know they weren't really there to rap...
Their covers were blown although they figured it was all good cuz they did hit the stage anyway but nah them n*ggas were stinking like chitlins

I told my bro and my bro hit Yayo and gave him that info to mind his neck...
+8   

2 months ago '15        #77
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 51132 51 K  Slaps total: 23171 23 K
Art isn’t evidence they still have to prove it in court. All social media can do is hurt your character/credibility when it comes to jurors.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #78
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 51132 51 K  Slaps total: 23171 23 K
 R WiZ said
Please believe one of these cats are deciphering the lyrics for the boys too. They probably done offered them a career. Sorta like when hackers get caught and the boys put them on their team.
C’mon man y’all smarter than this lol
+1   

2 months ago '20        #79
Oldbrooklyn718 
 kami said
C’mon man y’all smarter than this lol
You saying failed rappers don't become cops???

How old is HipHop again???

2 months ago '17        #80
JacobWatch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 49493 49 K  Slaps total: 3341 3 K
 Oldbrooklyn718 said

What failed rapper has become a cop?

I can’t think of one.

Shaq?

2 months ago '20        #81
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 kami said
Art isn’t evidence they still have to prove it in court. All social media can do is hurt your character/credibility when it comes to jurors.

In a judicial opinion filed last month, The State of Maryland’s highest court ruled that rap lyrics may be admitted in court as evidence of a defendant’s guilt. This blatantly racist decision is a travesty that sets a dangerous precedent.

The case involves the January 2017 k*lling of George Forrester, who was shot by a drug dealer after he attempted to buy cocaine with a counterfeit bill. Based on a single witness’s identification, Lawrence Montague was indicted for Forrester’s murder. Three weeks before trial, Montague used a jailhouse telephone to record a rap verse, which was then uploaded to Instagram. At Montague’s trial, the State of Maryland introduced the telephone recording of the lyrics as evidence of Montague’s guilt, and Montague was convicted and sentenced to a combined fifty years for second-degree murder and use of a firearm in a crime of violence.

Maryland’s highest court took the case on appeal and affirmed Montague’s conviction, finding that the danger of unfair prejudice posed by the admission of the lyrics does not substantially outweigh the lyrics’ probative value. In making this determination, the Court wildly understates the unfair prejudice posed by the use of this type of evidence. As the dissenting opinion by Judge Shirley Marie Watts notes, the decision here “does little more than portray a defendant to be a person with base violent tendencies who is capable of indiscriminate violent criminal acts.”

In this culturally problematic ruling, the Court fundamentally misunderstands the history, purpose, and importance of hip-hop music. In the 1970s, hip-hop emerged in the South Bronx as a response to the combined effects of poverty, unemployment, gang violence, and isolation from mainstream America. Early pioneers developed the genre, in part, to end gang violence — rap was an outlet that transformed the competitiveness and territoriality of gang life into something artistic and productive.

Ignorant of this perspective, the Court’s opinion hastily draws conclusions from Montague’s lyrics, making up connections between the lyrics and the crime that are simply not there. The Court uses this poorly substantiated analysis toward its finding that the lyrics had an “unmistakable factual connection” to the crime. It attempts to put all rap lyrics into the categories of historical fact and fiction, failing to understand that hip-hop, like most art, is more complex than that. Drawing on African-American storytelling traditions, rap often utilizes violent rhetoric as a form of intellectual competition and a vehicle for change, though such lyrics are not to be taken literally.

The chilling effects of this ruling on the creativity of all rap and hip-hop artists is gravely concerning. Great music is more often than not rooted in storytelling, and by imposing criminal consequences for a story told through an artistic medium, the court here threatens to stifle creativity and limit the scope of artistic expression.

Moreover, it’s impossible to ignore the discriminatory outcomes this type of ruling will create. The ruling is focused on rap, a genre invented by Black Americans and predominately authored by Black Americans; a genre that has historically served as a medium to bring awareness to systemic inequality, along with the violence it often produces (though it is worth noting that violence is not the only theme found in rap music; for example, Judge Watts’ dissent calls attention to the diversity of rap lyrics, citing the positive messages communicated by artists such as Chance the Rapper and Common. Artists like 2Pac have managed to demonstrate empathy and conscience while offering thoughtful examinations of street violence and police harassment). I would invite anyone suggesting that this ruling is not limited to rap music to find an example of a court admitting lyrical evidence of a country singer driving drunk or shooting a cheating spouse.

In a country where estimates suggest tens of thousands of incarcerated people were wrongfully convicted, this outrageous ruling will prevent artists from telling stories that need to be told, simply out of fear that those stories could wrongly implicate the artist in a real-life crime. Art should be a safe space, where we can bring attention to the best and worst parts of our society and the human experience, whether we are celebrating, educating, protesting, or anywhere in between. The art shouldn’t be valued any differently simply because it is crafted in a jailhouse rather than a recording studio. In a justice system already stacked against people of color, rulings like this one are a step backwards. The Maryland Court of Appeals should be ashamed.

Leading music industry attorney Dina LaPolt is the owner and founder of LaPolt Law and represents music creators. She played a key role in the passage into law of the 2018 Music Modernization Act, the first major copyright reform in decades, and she also helped orchestrate unemployment benefits for music creators and other self employed people in the COVID Relief legislation, the Cares Act. Dina is on the Executive Leadership Committee of the newly formed Black Music Action Coalition and she was recognized as Variety‘s Power of Law honoree for 2020.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #82
Sewer 
Props total: 13963 13 K  Slaps total: 590 590

2 months ago '21        #83
JabariGarvey 
Props total: 3980 3 K  Slaps total: 2844 2 K
Trash culture undefeated
+2   

2 months ago '16        #84
AgentOrange 
Props total: 11625 11 K  Slaps total: 2485 2 K
 6Fraud said
Exactly

That should be strictly a Chicago thing but this new generation made d*ckriding and following a sport…

They made it something of normal…
You going to have to call everyone a d*ckrider. Everyone d*ckrode hip hop from NY. Should hip hop be strickly a NY thing? Everyone d*ck rode drill from Chicago. Everyone d*ckrode Cali blood and crips. Rappers use to put guns in videos before keef. It got censored until the internet.

d*ckriding the popular thing and gangbanging on wax didnt start with keef. Many local rappers have been k*lled over local beef
+5   

2 months ago '21        #85
Ltg 
Props total: 458 458  Slaps total: 27 27
Ain’t nobody more of a dumbass than Bobby schmurda when it comes to saying too much on a track. The name of the song itself is askin for attention and not only did the n*gga incriminate himself he told on his whole crew givin names n sh*t lol.
+3   

2 months ago '15        #86
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20 OP
Props total: 75034 75 K  Slaps total: 24499 24 K
 AgentOrange said
You going to have to call everyone a d*ckrider. Everyone d*ckrode hip hop from NY. Should hip hop be strickly a NY thing?
No and you could stop right here with the nonsense

Always a bi*ch a*s n*gga rush to defend some fu*k sh*t… good morning n*gga its you today

2 months ago '04        #87
NBA Brawler 
Props total: 5755 5 K  Slaps total: 174 174
 Ltg said
Ain’t nobody more of a dumbass than Bobby schmurda when it comes to saying too much on a track. The name of the song itself is askin for attention and not only did the n*gga incriminate himself he told on his whole crew givin names n sh*t lol.
Was just about to say isn't this how Shmurda got caught up?

Thing is, rappers been doing this. It's just easier for law enforcement to catch now because of the rise of social media.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #88
Oldbrooklyn718 
 JacobWatch said

I can’t think of one.

Shaq?
I mean n*ggas that never made it rapping who got a grudge...Or feel n*ggas like them ruined the game and are better off being taken off the streets

I need you to look beyond typical surface level here...

Shaq ain't fail btw

He's the greatest athlete turned rapper of all time
and he really loves Hip Hop

Last edited by Oldbrooklyn718; 10-14-2021 at 07:51 AM..
+5   

2 months ago '20        #89
Oldbrooklyn718 
Snoop Doggy Dogg

Was the first time I ever heard of music being used as evidence
+3   

2 months ago '15        #90
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 104811 104 K  Slaps total: 10484 10 K
 Replicate45 said
There was a poster on BX who use to post on here that literally broke down the Troy Ave versus Tax shoot out before anyone was arrested. He broke down camera angles, video forensics, gun that was used and all sorts of other details before anyone got arrested. He did all the work a detective would struggle to do without technology and the internet.

With the way technology is setup today regular citizens are doing all the leg work for cops they just roam and lurk popular sites go off those leads and collect all the evidence they need before making arrests. These rappers/criminals have no clue how your cellphone or social media page is your demise if you running in the streets.
That fu*king weirdo hip-hop factz. He did all that sh*t because Taxstone made fun of tupac, he had a reasoning behind it. That sh*t actually brought traffic to the site & NYPD; if i'm not mistaken he had to delete some of those vids because of him sticking his nose in unwanted business. Do that internet detective work if you want too, they gone bring you down just for being a spectator.
+4   

2 months ago '20        #91
Oldbrooklyn718 
 Johnathan Hill said

n*ggas wanna be believed for their lyrics then wanna backtrack when that sh*t gets used against em...

You can rap about a grisly murder, murder spree all you fu*king want to until you say the names,what hoods they're from and the circumstances under which they expired ...

Then it sounds like a first hand account not just music

I mean some of y'all can't enjoy anything else besides that miserable sh*t but I honestly think it's time we set some standards...

TayK is doing a bid why again?
+3   

2 months ago '14        #92
NewLegends  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18085 18 K  Slaps total: 2507 2 K

+2   

2 months ago '18        #93
mushrooms 
Props total: 4961 4 K  Slaps total: 588 588
 PackerTrelli3 said
Doesn’t make them rats

Just means they talk too much. Rats speak directly to the feds.

If u talk to ur homeboy about a murder and it leaks online and the feds hear it…. Are you ratting on him? Where’s the reward???

Rat/snitchin…. Somethin I just don’t throw around for the sake of just saying it. Feds aren’t Sayin “yea his friend ratted on him”. If so, where’s the protection? What time has been cut? Who’s the informant? How long has he been a rat?
You’re a loser
+1   

2 months ago '20        #94
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 27567 27 K  Slaps total: 1838 1 K
 R WiZ said
Please believe one of these cats are deciphering the lyrics for the boys too. They probably done offered them a career. Sorta like when hackers get caught and the boys put them on their team.
You think 6ix9ine could be doing this when he agreed to be an informant?

2 months ago '21        #95
I am awake 
Props total: 3522 3 K  Slaps total: 931 931
keep up the good work feds

for the culture
+2   

2 months ago '20        #96
LordGimmeASign 
 kami said
Art could be used as evidence if it matches up accordingly with actual sh*t that took place.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #97
LordGimmeASign 
 Oldbrooklyn718 said

A lot of these cops are from the same areas that these rappers come from too.

Some live double lives and some play the hatin' game towards the ones really gettin' it, like you've alluded to earlier.
+6   

2 months ago '20        #98
LordGimmeASign 
 JacobWatch said

I can’t think of one.

Shaq?
Shaq went plat and primarily was a pro-athlete.

I think he meant dudes that never got on with any mainstream label or with any underground buzz when he said failed rappers.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #99
Bleequez5900 
Props total: 1815 1 K  Slaps total: 457 457
 JacobWatch said
You can’t say all that and then try and act like akademiks isn’t an agent.

ur an idiot

2 months ago '20        #100
LordGimmeASign 
 yola said
haven't seen it in a while, but last decade, there were plenty of threads of LEOs asking around for tips and info on crimes

and you know what?

BX lined up to help them even after being warned it was LEO
You serious?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  64
Video inside Westside Gunn Brings Claire (Buffalo superfiend/WWCD covergirl) To Art ..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+53online now  63
Sen VP at PSN caught in Pedo Sting
135 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+70online now  43
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - Black Couple "White Washed" Their House and Gained 500k