HOW TO: Improving Your FICO Credit Score

most viewed right now
+27  133
63 comments @misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 years ago '04        #26
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
$18,019 | Props total: 15690 15690
 Kadroan said
Could you live off a secured loan while trying to find another job?

It depends on the collateral. But once you get a steady job I'd apply for a checking line of credit so that won't have to be your only option. Most credit unions offer it. That's why I'm glad I'm with Navy Federal their LOC goes up to 15k. I'm only at 5k but now that I have it I can ask for an increase every 6 months so I should have the full 15k by the end of the year. But I'd say a secured loan is the best choice if you're not working. It's better than fu*king with those payday or title loans they will charge you 100% interest or more.

Last edited by Duntaz; 04-07-2015 at 06:14 PM..

10-18-2015, 05:25 PM         #27
Raidermont 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Raidermont said
If you have errors on your credit report, write the credit bureau to dispute it, and the have 30 days to research and answer you back. If they fail to meet the 30 time requirement, they have to remove it.
I agree, I disputed everything. It works.

3 years ago '14        #28
dpl313 
space
space
space
$76 | Props total: 17 17
For those disputing credit. Hoping this helps.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by dpl313; 01-21-2016 at 08:56 PM..

3 years ago '15        #29
Pa live 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,775 | Props total: 2144 2144
U can pay to delete accts. In collections

2 years ago '05        #30
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$16,760 | Props total: 8552 8552
 Pa live said
U can pay to delete accts. In collections
it's not easy when I had some stuff pop up on me. They told me that was false. But I am sure all these companies be lying.

2 years ago '16        #31
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,616 | Props total: 11747 11747
 Raidermont said
I agree, I disputed everything. It works.
And it doesn't matter if the mark on your credit is valid or not. They still have to respond and if they don't then it gets moved. Several things they say you have to wait 7 years. Fact is I've removed stuff after only 1 year because the company didn't respond. And plus, there is no penalty for challenging derogatory marks at any point.

Worse thing they say is no and then you just wait til later to challenge it.

Last edited by Negusis; 10-02-2017 at 04:23 AM..

2 years ago '04        #32
Kliq 392 heat pts392
space
space
$12,793 | Props total: 49704 49704
 Negusis said
And it doesn't matter if the mark on your credit is valid or not. They still have to respond and if they don't then it gets moved. Several things they say you have to wait 7 years. Fact is I've removed stuff after only 1 year because the company didn't respond. And plus, there is no penalty for challenging derogatory marks at any point.

Worse thing they say is no and then you just wait til later to challenge it.
I feel like I haven't gotten responses in a timely fashion, what can I do if there is no response after 30 days and it's still pending?

2 years ago '16        #33
Negusis 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,616 | Props total: 11747 11747
 Kliq said
I feel like I haven't gotten responses in a timely fashion, what can I do if there is no response after 30 days and it's still pending?
It should automatically show in 1 or 2 months. If Not you contact and ask the companies it if they responded.

Did you contact them online or through the mail?

2 years ago '12        #34
JimmyZTT 
space
space
$167 | Props total: 631 631
Three more tips:

1) Unless your between checks and are in dire need of groceries for you or your family, NEVER EVER BUY FOOD ON YOUR CARD.

The day you play big balla and treat friends (or that special someone you want to impress) to a night on the town via your card is the day you may regret if you don't pay the card off in full when the bill is due.

You may literally end up paying interest on something that was flushed down the drain weeks earlier with zero to show for it if you don't have the funds to cover the cost of treating others to regular trips to a flashy nightspot, restaurant or bar.

2) If you are blessed with more than one credit card but lean on one more due to rewards and other perks while letting the other sort of just sit around for emergencies consider paying off a monthly bill of some type.

One of my cards only pays my cable, electric and cell phone bills which I promptly pay off when it's due using the money I was going to take from by regular bank account anyway.

This keeps all my cards active and helps with my overall score.

3) Don't get a store card like Best Buy or Gamestop.

The only store cards I would deal with are cards from Walmart or Target just in
case you run into the there's no food in the house and the kids gotta eat scenario.

If your pantry is bare, being able to but a new notebook from Best Buy won't do much to alleviate that situation.

I have a Gamestop card that I use maybe twice a year. I regret getting it on an impulse when they first came out but I won't close it down as it is another line of credit after all.

As a final thought, once you get your score into the 700s or better try to avoid yearly fee cards.

You've fought long and hard to build your credit over the years. Why should you have to pay a bank a yearly fee for the courtesy of using their card.

When you get to your dream FICO number you deserve the best deals the banks can offer.

First on the list is no yearly fees followed by reward points and so on.

Hope this helps.
+2   

1 year ago '13        #35
wrecklessvlee 
space
space
space
$151 | Props total: 320 320
All this is fine and well I'm going to say this once. If you have no credit find someone with good credit and asked to be and "authorized user" on their account. You don't have to use their card ever but more than likely they have a low balance it won't effect their credit but it will sky rocket your own because basically you have the same amount of credit as they do. Its hard to find someone like that but its worth a try my credit went up almost 150 points because my buddy put me on his Plat Amex a few years back now we both sitting pretty nice. There are people out there that will let you do this for like $500/$1000 this is ish I wish people would have told me a long time ago

1 year ago '06        #36
LYTE 175 heat pts175
space
space
space
$16,508 | Props total: 9995 9995
Peace
my score was in the 740s over 2 years ago.
Mortgage payment didnt go through due to the person paying it for me put the wrong acct number. I was out the country.
by the time I got back I realized it and my score dropped drastically.

anyway im back in the 700s but Im trying to figure out my next move to get it in the upper 700s

I was considering getting a light auto loan cause I want a car and could pay it in cash but figure the auto loan will show some variety.

P.S. I know cars a pointless in my city.

2 Im thinking this HELOC should bring it up as well.

any advice on getting to that next level.

s/n i thought about getting a secured card just cause.

1 year ago '17        #37
yousabitch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 7394 7394
 LYTE said
Peace
my score was in the 740s over 2 years ago.
Mortgage payment didnt go through due to the person paying it for me put the wrong acct number. I was out the country.
by the time I got back I realized it and my score dropped drastically.

anyway im back in the 700s but Im trying to figure out my next move to get it in the upper 700s

I was considering getting a light auto loan cause I want a car and could pay it in cash but figure the auto loan will show some variety.

P.S. I know cars a pointless in my city.

2 Im thinking this HELOC should bring it up as well.

any advice on getting to that next level.

s/n i thought about getting a secured card just cause.

how many days late is that missed payment reflecting on your report? Are there any more negative collections,charge ofs,late payments on your report? how many credit cards do you have open?? what are their limits? and what do you owe on them? there are a lot of factors..I own and operate a credit restoration company so shoot any questions my way I can answer them for you...

BTW a auto loan will drop your score for a few months due to incurring new debt. With on time payments it should start going back up at about 6 months
+1   

1 year ago '08        #38
QMinati 
space
space
space
$555 | Props total: 305 305
First find every single card with 0% intro APR and apply for all of them on the same day. Once you have them, figure out how to do retail arbitrage on Amazon. Buy stuff at goodwill, big lots, walmart, etc... spread the spending out on the cards so none are more than 30% of the limit and sell it through FBA on Amazon.

Do this every sunday, buy from the store, package it all up and send to Amazon, one day of work a week. Take every monthly payment Amazon gives you and spread it evenly to pay off that month of each card, ignore the minimum payment.

Wash rinse repeat and your credit will rise and you will have a nice side hustle of income as well. 4 days of work a month.

1 year ago '06        #39
LYTE 175 heat pts175
space
space
space
 yousabi*ch said
how many days late is that missed payment reflecting on your report? Are there any more negative collections,charge ofs,late payments on your report? how many credit cards do you have open?? what are their limits? and what do you owe on them? there are a lot of factors..I own and operate a credit restoration company so shoot any questions my way I can answer them for you...

BTW a auto loan will drop your score for a few months due to incurring new debt. With on time payments it should start going back up at about 6 months
Idr. It was Nov 2016. Prior to that there were other late payments reported. I took over the mortgage payments for the house since then and haven't been late since Nov 2016...I have 2 open. 1/3500. 2/6800. No I don't owe. I pay as soon as transaction(s)post. I thought that cause when I did a finance with Samsung, it dropped but j paid it off within 1.5 months.

What about the HELOC, would it drop the score as well? I'm just trying to figure out besides the on time payments and utilizing less than 30%, what can push me over this hump and closer to 775+

QMinati said
First find every single card with 0% intro APR and apply for all of them on the same day. Once you have them, figure out how to do retail arbitrage on Amazon. Buy stuff at goodwill, big lots, walmart, etc... spread the spending out on the cards so none are more than 30% of the limit and sell it through FBA on Amazon.

Do this every sunday, buy from the store, package it all up and send to Amazon, one day of work a week. Take every monthly payment Amazon gives you and spread it evenly to pay off that month of each card, ignore the minimum payment.

Wash rinse repeat and your credit will rise and you will have a nice side hustle of income as well. 4 days of work a month.
I usually get stuff for 50%-80% off retail. However I just sell through word of mouth and social media.

There's a better benefit using this FBA(which I had to look up)??

1 year ago '05        #40
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
$2,320 | Props total: 2650 2650
 yousabi*ch said

What can I do about late payments on my credit report? Most of them occurred 2016. It's coming up on 2 years since I've missed a payment.

1 year ago '08        #41
QMinati 
space
space
space
$555 | Props total: 305 305
 LYTE said
I usually get stuff for 50%-80% off retail. However I just sell through word of mouth and social media.

The main reason I use it is that you ship all your stuff to Amazon and then they do the rest of the selling to the individuals.

Of course they take a nice fee per sale for themselves, but once you send one shipment out to them the work is done, you just set your price and wait for it to sell and get your money.

You make more money selling it yourself but you are also doing a lot more work. I got a few hustles so I don't have time to ship stuff every day.

there is a slight learning curve but youtube has all the info for free... even amazon has their own videos to walk you through it all.

there are limits to what you can sell as well... but if you learn how to do it, its an easy way to get good credit and earn bonus points.

I have taken 4 vacations in the past year and didn't pay for any flights, i use the bonus miles from my credit cards... i have about 15 of them

1 year ago '17        #42
yousabitch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 LYTE said
Idr. It was Nov 2016. Prior to that there were other late payments reported. I took over the mortgage payments for the house since then and haven't been late since Nov 2016...I have 2 open. 1/3500. 2/6800. No I don't owe. I pay as soon as transaction(s)post. I thought that cause when I did a finance with Samsung, it dropped but j paid it off within 1.5 months.

What about the HELOC, would it drop the score as well? I'm just trying to figure out besides the on time payments and utilizing less than 30%, what can push me over this hump and closer to 775+

i tried dm'ing you but your inbox is full. delete a few messages and hit me up. I will definitely help you out

1 year ago '17        #43
yousabitch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 rotstreetz said
What can I do about late payments on my credit report? Most of them occurred 2016. It's coming up on 2 years since I've missed a payment.
how late were they? The more time that passes the less they affect your score. But we can definitely try to find some inaccuracies on the way they are reporting and try to have them removed.

1 year ago '06        #44
LYTE 175 heat pts175
space
space
space
 yousabi*ch said
i tried dm'ing you but your inbox is full. delete a few messages and hit me up. I will definitely help you out
Deleted and thanks

1 year ago '05        #45
rotstreetz 
space
space
space
$2,320 | Props total: 2650 2650
 yousabi*ch said
how late were they? The more time that passes the less they affect your score. But we can definitely try to find some inaccuracies on the way they are reporting and try to have them removed.
The worst being 120 days late. All of them occurred in 2016. It's now coming up on 2 years since I've missed a payment on any account.

8 months ago '16        #46
Elite1 34 heat pts34
space
space
space
$1,096 | Props total: 4407 4407
hey I have a few accounts in 3 accounts in collections (I went through some bad times) I have a stable job now can someone give me advice on how to get it removed from my credit report or dispute it.

8 months ago '04        #47
qutaboi225 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,020 | Props total: 14170 14170
 Elite1 said
hey I have a few accounts in 3 accounts in collections (I went through some bad times) I have a stable job now can someone give me advice on how to get it removed from my credit report or dispute it.
Go to creditchecktotal.com and get the info for each. There should be a number on there to contact. If you already have this info then prepare to call and ask for a call for delete. Make sure you only call when you're prepared to pay the FULL amount in some cases. In rare cases they'll settle, but make sure you get written confirmation or email that they will delete it. To save yourself the trouble of getting your loan sold or the fact you contacted them, ask first do they even do pay for delete. If they do then do all them sh*ts and get the confirmation and watch your score go apesh*t.

3 months ago '18        #48
Battletoads 
space
space
$22 | Props total: 7 7
Good thread and good tips.
If you are also improving all of those for a job interview you shall also prepare yourself with some of those job

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  38
Jul 17 - A Brutal Heat Wave Is Descending on the U.S.—and Blackouts May Ensue
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  37
Super slimey 2 just leaked!!
63 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+82online now  30
Video inside TBT When Cesar Millan Got Caught Off Guard
88 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+74online now  29
Image(s) inside Would you eat that cookie?
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy