I would like to Re-visit the 2005-2006 NBA MVP race...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #81
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Because if the player was taken off that team, that team wouldnt even had made the playoffs prob win 15 games all season
 Main Event said:
This n*gga said we wouldnt have been one of the worst teams in the NBA without Nash in 05-06 when were were one of the worst teams in the NBA 2 years before with Amare,Marion, and Joe

Our Starting lineup would have been

PG:Barbosa (Who missed 25games and isnt a true PG)
SG:Bell
SF:Marion
PF: Diaw(a 1st year starter who dropped a whomping 4 points a game a season before)
C:Thomas (Who missed 29 games and the playoffs)

with a bench of Eddie House and James Jones

Please tell me the 2 All Stars Nash played with that year, nobody even f**kin heard of Diaw until he got to the Suns
Like i said same thing for the Suns thats not a playoff lineup
 8 years ago '09        #82
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 Main Event said:
Like i said same thing for the Suns thats not a playoff lineup
Your probably right but there is no way you can tell me the Lakers had a better team without Kobe then the Suns without Nash.
These players are much better than the Lakers starting 5. Mihm, Brown, Walton, Smush Parker, Odom.

Tell me what theyve done in their career, before and after the Lakers. They are nothing but a bunch of benchwarmers and never did anything. Their best seasons came on the Lakers if that tells you anything.

Shawn Marion was a multiple all-star, Barbosa is still getting minutes on a Suns playoff team and won a Sixth Man award, Raja Bell is a very good defender, and Boris Diaw was better than any other player on that Laker team besides Lamar Odom. Name some accolades of the other Laker players. Any all-stars? No. Any All-defensive players? No. I mean hell, I bet the starters on that team collectively started about 5 games after they left LA. Thats how bad that team was.
 8 years ago '08        #83
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Your probably right but there is no way you can tell me the Lakers had a better team without Kobe then the Suns without Nash.
These players are much better than the Lakers starting 5. Mihm, Brown, Walton, Smush Parker, Odom.

Tell me what theyve done in their career, before and after the Lakers. They are nothing but a bunch of benchwarmers and never did anything. Their best seasons came on the Lakers if that tells you anything.

Shawn Marion was a multiple all-star, Barbosa is still getting minutes on a Suns playoff team and won a Sixth Man award, Raja Bell is a very good defender, and Boris Diaw was better than any other player on that Laker team besides Lamar Odom. Name some accolades of the other Laker players. Any all-stars? No. Any All-defensive players? No. I mean hell, I bet the starters on that team collectively started about 5 games after they left LA. Thats how bad that team was.
How many of those accolades were won before Nash came back to his 2nd stint with Phoenix........Marion had an all star game but was never on an all NBA team until Nash got there and like i said Odom is on the same level as Marion just look at the similarities of the numbers when they matched up...Him taking that team to a 7 seed then is no where near taking them to a 7 seed now
 8 years ago '04        #84
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,324 | Props total: 2474 2474
 hooligun said:
who gives a s**t about MVP's?? only trophy that matters is the NBA title.
^^this and he was a 7 seed
 8 years ago '09        #85
space
space
 Main Event said:
How many of those accolades were won before Nash came back to his 2nd stint with Phoenix........Marion had an all star game but was never on an all NBA team until Nash got there and like i said Odom is on the same level as Marion just look at the similarities of the numbers when they matched up...Him taking that team to a 7 seed then is no where near taking them to a 7 seed now
Marion was an all-star before Nash. Barbosa played only his rookie season without Nash. Raja Bell bell made all-defensive team, which has NOTHING to do with Nash.

You cant name anything any Laker starter did from that year before or after they played for the Lakers.
 8 years ago '08        #86
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Marion was an all-star before Nash. Barbosa played only his rookie season without Nash. Raja Bell bell made all-defensive team, which has NOTHING to do with Nash.

You cant name anything any Laker starter did from that year before or after they played for the Lakers.
And like i said 1 All Star game that happened before Nash so dont act like these players were just so much more accomplished at the time....And once again the West is no where near what it is now

05-06 Now

1)San Antonio Spurs 63-19 1)Los Angeles Lakers 57-25
2)Phoenix Suns 54-28 2) Dallas Mavericks 55-27
3)Denver Nuggets 44-38 3) Phoenix Suns 54-28
4)Dallas Mavericks 60-22 4) Denver Nuggets 53-29
5)Memphis Grizzlies 49-33 5) Utah Jazz 53-29
6)Los Angeles Clippers 47-35 6) Portland Trailblazers 50-32
7)Los Angeles Lakers 45-37 7)San Antonio Spus 50-32
8)Sacramento Kings 44-38 8) OKC Thunder 50-32

Him getting a 7 seed with that team was actually possible then regardless of who he had to play with and thats the only case he has
 8 years ago '04        #87
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,492 | Props total: 6442 6442
 Sabotage said:
Kobe didnt win because he wasnt on the good side of a lot of people that year or the year before due to shaq, the white girl ect.

He should have won, but like it or not, his personality played a big role in him not winning it
yeah same thing I was thinking
 8 years ago '07        #88
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6144 6144
nash and dirks mvp awards were for affirmative action reasons
 8 years ago '09        #89
space
space
 Main Event said:
And like i said 1 All Star game that happened before Nash so dont act like these players were just so much more accomplished at the time....And once again the West is no where near what it is now

05-06 Now

1)San Antonio Spurs 63-19 1)Los Angeles Lakers 57-25
2)Phoenix Suns 54-28 2) Dallas Mavericks 55-27
3)Denver Nuggets 44-38 3) Phoenix Suns 54-28
4)Dallas Mavericks 60-22 4) Denver Nuggets 53-29
5)Memphis Grizzlies 49-33 5) Utah Jazz 53-29
6)Los Angeles Clippers 47-35 6) Portland Trailblazers 50-32
7)Los Angeles Lakers 45-37 7)San Antonio Spus 50-32
8)Sacramento Kings 44-38 8) OKC Thunder 50-32

Him getting a 7 seed with that team was actually possible then regardless of who he had to play with and thats the only case he has
We didnt know how the West would be now in 2006 so thats not a valid argument. All in all they made the playoffs and that team was a.ss. You take Kobe off that team their not sniffing 15 wins. Kobe was probably worth at least 30 wins. I cant say the same about Nash. You cant win MVP on a non playoff team but if your impact is so great on a playoff team, you should be able to be considered.
 8 years ago '08        #90
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
We didnt know how the West would be now in 2006 so thats not a valid argument. All in all they made the playoffs and that team was a.ss. You take Kobe off that team their not sniffing 15 wins. Kobe was probably worth at least 30 wins. I cant say the same about Nash. You cant win MVP on a non playoff team but if your impact is so great on a playoff team, you should be able to be considered.
No it does thats the point of you revisiting it now, your point was well he took a garbage team in the west to the 7th seed like the west is the same as it is now and its not...They are both non playoff teams without each other and i never said he shouldnt be considered im sayin u lost 2 all stars and a great 3 point shooter and still make the WCF and take a 2 seed with 3 new starters outweighs taking bums to a 7th seed while having a great offensive season
 8 years ago '04        #91
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 Bigakathebeast said:
exactly.....steve nash lead the league in a.ssist that year too

people need to understand that points isn't the only thing important, without steve nash, shawn marion isn't an all-star, you think its a coincidence that he hasn't made one since leaving the suns and steve nash
Wait, what? Shawn Marion was already an all star once without Nash. He was already basically a 20-10 guy WITHOUT Nash. WTF are you talking about? His role has changed since then so no he isn't putting up the same exact numbers but it isn't because of Nash. He was a top 5 SF BEFORE Nash. I swear some of you just started watching ball when Lebron came in the league.

To the point of Nash bring up the Nash yea he did BUT I doubt anyone here could honestly say WITHOUT BIAS that Jason Kidd, or Mike Bibby couldn't have done the same with that team. He was a good PG on a great offensive team. If he was THAT great (he is great but still) he would've been the same when he was with Dirk. Nobody even had Nash on their radar as the best PG in the league while he was in Dallas then ALL of a sudden hes the best PG in the league? Really? Please. Don't get me wrong Nash is an elite point but I do feel he is overrated in some aspects.
 8 years ago '08        #92
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
I dont know why you'd bump this when Nash won it not Bron:lachen001:
 8 years ago '04        #93
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
He didnt win because he was a 7th seed. CP3 should've won in 08 tho. That dude was robbed!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now