Aug 14 - Yield Curve Inverts in U.K, U.S Renewing Recession Fears

most viewed right now
95 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

6 days ago '16        #1
74 page views
4 comments

Boogersugar 83 heat pts83
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 23366 23366
Aug 14 - Yield Curve Inverts in U.K, U.S Renewing Recession Fears

Yield curves invert in US, UK as pessimism spreads

The stream of investors seeking refuge in the safest parts of the market has triggered yet another recession warning, with yield curves inverting from the U.S. to the U.K.

The gap between two- and 10-year yields dropped below zero on both sides of the Atlantic after a wave of soft economic data globally. Weaker-than-forecast Chinese retail sales and industrial output set the mood for the markets, with data later in the day showing Germany’s economy contracted, adding to the gloom.

This move has been a long time coming, and reflects a significant escalation of growth concerns. The two-to-10-year curve has been on a gradual flattening trend for more than two years on rising doubts about the health of the global economy and weak inflation. Another widely watched recession indicator, the yield difference between three-month and 10-year Treasuries, inverted in March and has been negative much of the time since.

“Where the U.S. leads, the U.K. follows,” said Adam Dent, U.K. rates strategist at Banco Santander SA. “The market has previously been very reluctant to abandon the idea that rates will eventually normalize.”

The curve isn’t the only thing flashing high alert. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s index showing the probability of a U.S. recession over the next 12 months is close to its highest level since the global financial crisis, at around 31%.
Historically the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's rating is very conservative so I'd guess the chances are more like 50/50 or worse...
+1   

best
worst
4 comments

6 days ago '16        #2
Boogersugar 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 23366 23366

+2   

6 days ago '05        #3
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,528 | Props total: 15768 15768

6 days ago '11        #4
indagame 29 heat pts29
space
space
$10,804 | Props total: 8920 8920
I feel like I read about this earlier this year too. I'll have to check out these links after work.

6 days ago '15        #5
naledgestate 
space
space
$804 | Props total: 4759 4759
Im buying all the dips.

In b4 Trump phaggots start bi*ching about patriotism and "i will always support America" now that we know sh*t is grinding to a hault.

Buying stocks on the cheap by this time next year or later. While Trump will be on Twitter crying about Obama and the Fed.

Cant wait.

+5   

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  37
Satanist In The Suburbs (Vice Series)
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+20online now  32
TraxNYC and Ben Baller beefin (Jewerlly n****s)
114 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  20
Is Jayz a sell out yes or no?
163 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+158online now  15
NFL Shannon Sharpe is the only person I agree with about this cap, jay z, NFL ..
116 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy