GGG has agreed to terms to meet Sergiy Derevyanchenko in a middleweight title tilt Oct. 5

most viewed right now
52 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+17  77
115 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX SportsCenter

6 days ago '05        #26
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,528 | Props total: 15768 15768
Wow I’m shocked it didn’t take 3.5 months and 12 opponents for them to finally agree.
+2   

6 days ago '14        #27
strungout 410 heat pts410
space
space
$37,188 | Props total: 92006 92006
this is a top f*ght , and one that will truly test triple G , at this stage in his life ...

arguably the most competitive middleweight f*ght of the year

6 days ago '15        #28
Destro 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,200 | Props total: 3236 3236
Ggg needs to stay active

6 days ago '05        #29
Tha TC 71 heat pts71
space
space
$9,528 | Props total: 15768 15768
 44wade said
Thats probably why Al Haymon didnt sign off the Canelo f*ght, it was probably about matchups.

Im starting to believe these guys on this forum. Because before I thought the IBF placed an unworthy guy as the #1 contender, to try to shakedown GBP, and that GBP said they would vacate the belt if they were being strong armed, and ultimately thats what happened.

But Bx says the Haymon camp is just about the boxing, and not the politics. They just wanted a lesser profile f*ght because its just about matchups and not about the more money they couldve made off the Canelo f*ght.
The thing is Haymon tends to not entertain the politics… but look at how Comcast is treating Byron Allen (may have to google the name)… sometimes you don’t want to do the politics but are forced to

But this is boxing we’re talking about
+3   

6 days ago '16        #30
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,140 | Props total: 41776 41776
 Streetdiscpl said
Good f*ght. Gennadiy has been training with Banks for most of this time so I'm sure he'll look a bit more crisp.

Canelo should be announcing his f*ght soon as well. DAZN just now added Charlo as an "approved" opponent. The PBC/DAZN co-promotion is just too messy of an ordeal. I'd be shocked if Canelo CHOSE Charlo.
The Andrade f*ght is better now. He'll never really turn himself into a star.

Charlo still has that chance to really grow in popularity. PBC just has to find a way to do that without the Canelo f*ght in the immediate future. They can make that a huge f*ght for the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021.

6 days ago '07        #31
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,694 | Props total: 64388 64388
 No Religion said
Mandatory or not, boxing is content with saying fu*k the fans.

How much is pricing yourself out vs Canelo?

Danny Jacobs got $14 million. Sergiy asked for $7 million. Sergiy didn't price himself out because, there were no negotiations... they were at the very starting point and were ignored until a day before the new deadline. At no time was Canelo or GBP serious about f*ghting or even negotiating with Sergiy or his team. They ignored both Sergiy's team AND the IBF for months. They instead chased Kovalev and lowballed him thinking dude needed them, but he already had a f*ght negotiated and a date and venue ready.

GGG didn't chose Sergiy. GGG was promised Canelo by DAZN... and now has to settle for Sergiy.

Anyway, if GGG still has it in him, he should be able to beat Sergiy. It's abetter match-up for him. Even though dude is strong and sturdy, he's not athletically imposing. He doesn't have fast hands, he's not tall with a great jab, he doesn't use a lot of lateral movement. He has a straight forward style that walks right into GGG's power.
+3   

6 days ago '16        #32
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
 No Religion said
Mandatory or not, boxing is content with saying fu*k the fans.

How much is pricing yourself out vs Canelo?
I cant recall the exact figures but the GBP was around 5 mil and Dervy's camp wanted something closer to 8 mil.

Oscar was the one making the pricing out accusations. But if the rumoured figures are correct, then hell yeah they priced themselves out.

What the hell have they done to merit a 8 million dollar purse?

6 days ago '11        #33
MACADEMICS 22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,466 | Props total: 5657 5657
 ahonui06 said
Not scared like Canelo to face this guy I guess
yet when he was ordered to face him last year as the IBF mandatory he pushed the IBF into allowing him to face Vanes Martirosyan instead. Martiroysan was out of the ring for 2 years yet someone the IBF allowed him to f*ght.

Triple G is more like Triple bi*ch.
+6   

6 days ago '04        #34
slimboyballer 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$4,217 | Props total: 5981 5981
 El Caballero said
Trolls like you need to be just banned from these threads unfortunately we don't have any real moderation.
Yal wanna troll in the Drake and young thug threads that's fine but damn at least let dudes talk boxing
Stans like you need to banned for defending cherry picking f*ghters like GGG.. A real moderator will ask a p(ssy like you why GGG ran to sign a contact to f*ght the smaller Brook but made excuses when it came to Charlo. Like I said ,GGG is one of the most cherry picking f*ghters in boxing....
+1   

6 days ago '04        #35
abacabb 177 heat pts177
space
space
$12,977 | Props total: 12377 12377
This should be a good measurement of if @ is falling off.
Serge is quality but slightly tier below GGG, Nelo, Jacobs, Charlo at 160.

His aggressive style can give GGG problems if he get sloppy.
Jacobs almost lost that f*ght trying to get cute and exchange instead of sticking to the boxing he was doing.

If I am not mistaken GGG ducked this f*ght before the Nelo f*ght when it was mandated by the... IBF?

At least Vanes got that shot tho.

Last edited by abacabb; 08-14-2019 at 10:49 AM..
+2   

6 days ago '13        #36
Streetdiscpl 7 heat pts
space
space
$170 | Props total: 476 476
 Aztlan said
The Andrade f*ght is better now. He'll never really turn himself into a star.

Charlo still has that chance to really grow in popularity. PBC just has to find a way to do that without the Canelo f*ght in the immediate future. They can make that a huge f*ght for the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021.
He badly needs that Jacobs f*ght. He needs a signature win over a top 5 opponent. Especially since Jacobs fought both Golovkin and Canelo. Not to say Jacobs is simply a measuring stick (because Charlo can lose that f*ght), but we will definitely see what kind of opponent Charlo really is at 160.
+1   

6 days ago '16        #37
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
 Streetdiscpl said
He badly needs that Jacobs f*ght. He needs a signature win over a top 5 opponent. Especially since Jacobs fought both Golovkin and Canelo. Not to say Jacobs is simply a measuring stick (because Charlo can lose that f*ght), but we will definitely see what kind of opponent Charlo really is at 160.
Woulda been a good f*ght but Danny said he's moving up to 160.

And you're absolutely right about him lacking a signature win.
+1   

6 days ago '13        #38
Streetdiscpl 7 heat pts
space
space
$170 | Props total: 476 476
 Aztlan said
Woulda been a good f*ght but Danny said he's moving up to 160.

And you're absolutely right about him lacking a signature win.
Something tells me if he was able to f*ght Charlo @ Barclays, he would do it in a heart beat. He has a certain disdain for Charlo. It's a controlled, mature disdain. But it's certainly there. Whenever Jacob's is around or his name mentioned, Jermall begins to calculate his responses - which is extremely telling. Not to accuse him of being scared (none of these veterans are scared to actually f*ght) but rather he knows they're both big athletic f*ghters so he shows true apprehension when speaking about Danny.
+1   

6 days ago '04        #39
psylence2k 74 heat pts74
space
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 4832 4832
 MACADEMICS said
yet when he was ordered to face him last year as the IBF mandatory he pushed the IBF into allowing him to face Vanes Martirosyan instead. Martiroysan was out of the ring for 2 years yet someone the IBF allowed him to f*ght.

Why would you face someone like Derevyanchenko as a replacement f*ght on short notice ?

Especially when you have potentially the biggest pay day of your career on the line in just a few months against a better opponent in Canelo anyway ?

You going to risk that payday in 3 months by facing a guy you didn't have a full camp to prepare for ? or risk going through a tough f*ght and getting banged up either way before you have to f*ght Canelo in a few months ?

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-14-2019 at 05:59 PM..

6 days ago '11        #40
MACADEMICS 22 heat pts22
space
space
 psylence2k said
Why would you face someone like Derevyanchenko as a replacement f*ght on short notice ?

Especially when you have potentially the biggest pay day of your career on the line in just a few months against a better opponent in Canelo anyway ?

You going to risk that payday in 3 months by facing a guy you didn't have a full camp to prepare for ? or risk going through a tough f*ght and getting banged up either way before you have to f*ght Canelo in a few months ?
Cos he was GGG mandatory - that's why.

Dude tried to get Jaime Munguia in the ring instead of mandated Devranchenkyo if I recall. Devranchenkyo was a winnable f*ght then and is one now, he is a come forward plodder with good volume but he likes to stay in front of his opponents and shoot it out. Dude is tailor made for GGG.

GGG trying to get that Canelo trilogy f*ght by going through the least resistance. Call it for what is is. Dude is a bi*ch who can't accept that he lost the rematch fair and square to Canelo. People out here calling Canelo shook yet he just wanted Kovalev at 175 and GGG refusing to f*ght guys like Andrade when offered. Canelo is now closing on the Andrade f*ght now (which is the much more tougher f*ght at 160) and GGG is only taking on Devranchenkyo to get him the Canelo f*ght. It will be undisputed next year Cinco De Mayo as I said I think and I hope Canelo beats the brakes off him.

6 days ago '11        #41
MACADEMICS 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Streetdiscpl said
Something tells me if he was able to f*ght Charlo @ Barclays, he would do it in a heart beat. He has a certain disdain for Charlo. It's a controlled, mature disdain. But it's certainly there. Whenever Jacob's is around or his name mentioned, Jermall begins to calculate his responses - which is extremely telling. Not to accuse him of being scared (none of these veterans are scared to actually f*ght) but rather he knows they're both big athletic f*ghters so he shows true apprehension when speaking about Danny.
Charlo was out here throwing dirt on Jacobs name for a while and Jacobs pulled up on him at Barclays and sonned him. Charlo was backtracking on publiclly made statements he made about Danny when Danny let him know he is on smoke.

Charlo is going to continue playing safe over there at PBC. He is not gonna f*ght any of the top guys at 160. Charlo is an exposure waiting to happen. He is nothing more then a headhunter. He gets beats by all the top guys at 160, easily. In a 11 year career, his best wins are Trout and Martiroysan. Anyone of those guys from Andrade to Jacobs expose him and he knows it.
+2   

6 days ago '04        #42
psylence2k 74 heat pts74
space
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 4832 4832
 MACADEMICS said

Dude tried to get Jaime Munguia in the ring instead of mandated Devranchenkyo if I recall. Devranchenkyo was a winnable f*ght then and is one now, he is a come forward plodder with good volume but he likes to stay in front of his opponents and shoot it out. Dude is tailor made for GGG.

GGG trying to get that Canelo trilogy f*ght by going through the least resistance. Call it for what is is. Dude is a bi*ch who can't accept that he lost the rematch fair and square to Canelo. People out here calling Canelo shook yet he just wanted Kovalev at 175 and GGG refusing to f*ght guys like Andrade when offered. Canelo is now closing on the Andrade f*ght now (which is the much more tougher f*ght at 160) and GGG is only taking on Devranchenkyo to get him the Canelo f*ght. It will be undisputed next year Cinco De Mayo as I said I think and I hope Canelo beats the brakes off him.
So what if he's the mandatory ?

Actually LOOK at the situation and context.

You expect GGG to allow the IBF to potentially F up his f*ght in around 3 months to a better and tougher opponent in Canelo with the biggest payday of his career ?

Do you know how many f*ghters duck mandatories for a multitude of reasons ? Floyd was by passing mandatories at 147 for YEARS to f*ght people like Berto.

This has always been a problem with the boxing naysayer fans. They pick and choose certain f*ghters they hate and ignore the context of situations and hold them to standards they don't hold other f*ghters to.

It's not his fault Canelo failed the test, not taking any solid f*ghter short notice isn't ducking, especially when you got another tough f*ght potentially coming RIGHT after. This isn't anything new in boxing. Stop acting like other f*ghters don't or wouldn't do this in this exact situation. There's been all time greats who if they didn't have a full camp and felt fully healthy, they weren't f*ghting anyone solid. The great Sugar Ray Robinson did this.

Listen man, we get it, you don't like GGG, but at least make your criticism MAKE SENSE.

and path of least resistance ? GGG is an aging f*ghter, well over the hill. When he was in his prime everyone from Canelo to Saunders to Jacobs to Martinez to Strum avoided him. They all waited for him to get old, NOW they want to capitalize. GGG earned the right to do whatever he wants now because of all the missed opportunities from duckers while he flattened the rest of 160.

Where were all these people back then ? Waiting for GGG to get old ? So who REALLY took the path of least resistance ?

and Canelo is f*ghting Andrade NOT because it was his first choice. Kovalev and Dereyvanchenko fell through and his network isn't in a great spot, they got the pressure on him. He's taking what he has to to try and turn this mess around and come out looking good.

The moves GGG is making in his late 30s shouldn't be compared to someone in their late twenties.

Last edited by psylence2k; 08-15-2019 at 04:13 AM..

6 days ago '18        #43
No Religion 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,894 | Props total: 8620 8620
 MACADEMICS said

Please explain. You forgot he was stripped of his WBC title for refusing to f*ght his mandatory?

Last edited by No Religion; 08-15-2019 at 01:31 AM..
+1   

6 days ago '08        #44
RustyLorcin 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,802 | Props total: 1139 1139
Good f*ght. Sergey losses against both Canelo and GGG, but heís an action f*ghter so the styles will mix well. GGG could box or brawl and the action would be good because Sergey keeps moving forward and is in shape.

6 days ago '06        #45
new2hiphop 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,539 | Props total: 39404 39404
 El Caballero said
the fact that you call me a GGG fanboy is laughable..you dont be in boxing discussions around here
stick to talking about some other sh*t

this is an IBF ORDERED title f*ght you dumbass
It can't be a cherrypick
Iíve heard it all, bruh dude is calling a mandatory ibf f*ght cherry picking?!? wow
+2   

6 days ago '08        #46
RustyLorcin 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,802 | Props total: 1139 1139
 MACADEMICS said

It’s entertainment.

Munguia is Mexican so he brings the money from viewership. I would rather f*ght munguia too, so I mean you know.. don’t look too much into it.

You either have a contract and f*ght soft touches as the A side or dudes who are out of prime or coming to lose and get guaranteed money anyway.

Or you get the guaranteed money but pick tough contenders due to network pressure, then mix in dudes who are coming to lose.

Or you have no real guarantee of income and need to work with promoters to orchestrate a f*ght that will get good views and likes (similar to Instagram whoring) that’s how we end up with Martinez vs Chavez Jr or Barrera vs Khan, etc.

Or you are simply the dude coming in to lose. (From time to time get a lucky victory)

These people are not picking who they are going to f*ght like they are at a bar. It’s all based on possible viewership and revenue. So yeah... they all want to f*ght Mexicans because they bring that revenue. The Mexican customers are not like us who sit here on a pc streaming the sh*t. They pay and turn those f*ghts into events.

But anyway I like Sergey. He can f*ght... not ppv worthy tho.

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 08-15-2019 at 02:50 AM..

5 days ago '06        #47
kmstokes 
space
space
$11,673 | Props total: 2761 2761
 RustyLorcin said
Itís entertainment.

Munguia is Mexican so he brings the money from viewership. I would rather f*ght munguia too, so I mean you know.. donít look too much into it.

You either have a contract and f*ght soft touches as the A side or dudes who are out of prime or coming to lose and get guaranteed money anyway.

Or you get the guaranteed money but pick tough contenders due to network pressure, then mix in dudes who are coming to lose.

Or you have no real guarantee of income and need to work with promoters to orchestrate a f*ght that will get good views and likes (similar to Instagram whoring) thatís how we end up with Martinez vs Chavez Jr or Barrera vs Khan, etc.

Or you are simply the dude coming in to lose. (From time to time get a lucky victory)

These people are not picking who they are going to f*ght like they are at a bar. Itís all based on possible viewership and revenue. So yeah... they all want to f*ght Mexicans because they bring that revenue. The Mexican customers are not like us who sit here on a pc streaming the sh*t. They pay and turn those f*ghts into events.

Canelo vs sergey is ppv worthy imo. That's a tough challenge. Canelo vs just about anyone is ppv.

5 days ago '07        #48
stogz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$48,694 | Props total: 64388 64388
Lol at this clown saying that GGG ducked Derevyanchenko... after canelo got popped for drugs.

Hey jackass, you know why you don't just go and f*ght anyone on short notice when a big money f*ght is at stake? See Anthony Joshua. Remember him? The guy whose c*ck AND ball you used to have in your fu*king mouth? How did that sh*t work out for him? You have ZERO knowledge of boxing or the business of boxing.

5 days ago '11        #49
MACADEMICS 22 heat pts22
space
space
 RustyLorcin said
Itís entertainment.

Munguia is Mexican so he brings the money from viewership. I would rather f*ght munguia too, so I mean you know.. donít look too much into it.

Or you have no real guarantee of income and need to work with promoters to orchestrate a f*ght that will get good views and likes (similar to Instagram whoring) thatís how we end up with Martinez vs Chavez Jr or Barrera vs Khan, etc.

These people are not picking who they are going to f*ght like they are at a bar. Itís all based on possible viewership and revenue. So yeah... they all want to f*ght Mexicans because they bring that revenue. The Mexican customers are not like us who sit here on a pc streaming the sh*t. They pay and turn those f*ghts into events.

Bro I understand the angle he playing. And understand what people in the thread talking about building up the big f*ght and taking soft touches not to fu*k up the bag. I get it, but dudes in the thread suggested that Canelo is shook of Devranchenkyko - that sh*t is ludicrous. Canelo has faced GGG twice and Jacobs in his last 4 f*ghts and looks like he is about to lock in with Andrade - who is the most riskiest f*ght at 160. Shook and Canelo don't mix. Yet Sergey is somehow the one that Canelo don't wanna f*ght, that sh*t is comedy that only the bozos on here could somehow believe. Sergey was lucky that he survived against Culcay who was putting all types of hands and feet on him in his last f*ght.

It will be an entertaining bout for sure, Sergey's lack of movement is gonna make it easier for Canelo to counter and get his shots off.
+1   

5 days ago '18        #50
ibarackedyomama 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$548 | Props total: 1018 1018
 MACADEMICS said

exactly

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Satanist In The Suburbs (Vice Series)
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+20online now  27
TraxNYC and Ben Baller beefin (Jewerlly n****s)
116 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  11
Is Jayz a sell out yes or no?
164 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+158online now  10
NFL Shannon Sharpe is the only person I agree with about this cap, jay z, NFL ..
116 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy