Aug 13 - 50% of teachers surveyed say theyíve considered quitting, blaming pay, stress

most viewed right now
96 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

1 week ago '19        #51
Jadedkiss 
space
space
space
$71 | Props total: 289 289
Yo I wouldnít want to teach this fu*king new generation either. These fu*king social media age kids are on some dumb sh*t always trying to go viral f*ghting the teacher itís too much of a headache.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #52
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 41791 41791
 AC_89 said
2 of my friends that I grew up with are teachers here in ny they seem to like their job because they always post about how much they love their kids on ig I donít think I could see myself being a teacher tho
NYC one of the best places in the country for teaching salaries. It's really competitive out there because of how many kids and schools there are out there. Teachers stay in demand, especially good ones.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #53
Lito Guapalot 35 heat pts35
space
space
$5,215 | Props total: 15141 15141
 projectd06 said
Yep i remember this video, if that was my kid I woulda gave that man a job after he got fired and id have him over for dinner and have him sit right next to my son. My dad didnt accept disrespecting adults, unfortunately there are a lot of sh*tty parents out there.
Yeah I didn't blame him at all for what he did. You right too about the parents. They don't do their job of showing them how to act and just be happy to drop them off at school so somebody else has to deal with it

1 week ago '18        #54
Rasheed Walrus 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 6314 6314
 Aztlan said
My formal observation rubric at my former school had like 12 categories, ranging from the quality of my questions, my lesson pacing, the percentage of students following my directions, my ability to identify and correct misbehaviors, the percentage of students who mastered that days objective, the "joy" of my classroom, and the percentage of students who were able to complete all the class work prior to the exit ticket.

And we were observed 5 times a year.
Do you think that helped ensure their students were receiving adequate education? How do you think this system affected the workload of the teachers?

1 week ago '16        #55
Aztlan 141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 41791 41791
 Rasheed Walrus said
Do you think that helped ensure their students were receiving adequate education? How do you think this system affected the workload of the teachers?
The rubric could tell who was or wasn't a good teacher. Your raise was also tied to your final score, which 50% of which was based on your observation score.

I do think it motivated teachers to implement the tools and skills we were taught to be more effective teachers. The rubric made it so that you couldn't just "flip a switch" and finesse a good score. You actually have to put in the work everyday, otherwise two tough kids will fu*k up your whole score.

The rubric didn't create extra work for teachers. It was an extremely effective feedback tool.
+3   

1 week ago '16        #56
Solo214 
space
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 2677 2677
 AllWins said
It’s the post Information Age. Teach kids how to pull quality / verifiable information from the internet. If they can navigate that, they just need good influences and quality family teachings to become successful humans.
Na i disagree I’m a firm believer of the old saying that “it takes a whole village to raise a child”
Your only thinking about your children I’m thinking about the betterment of all children across the country a lot of kids aren’t gonna b so lucky to have parents like me and you... I’m thinking about those kids... teachers are not obsolete... as a team... as a country we are only as good as our weakest links...
When two army’s go to battle... one army could have the more badass soldiers but they can’t work good together... the other army mayb their soldiers aren’t better overall like the other army but they know how to work as a team better than the other army... the army that works better as a team gonna crush the other army with better soldiers despite it being overall more talented...

Last edited by Solo214; 08-13-2019 at 09:38 PM..

1 week ago '19        #57
Purpleswag23 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,083 | Props total: 3302 3302
I thought about quitting skool too but I had to graduate and sh*t to become an adult and apply none of that sh*t I learned in daily life

1 week ago '04        #58
Kadroan 211 heat pts211
space
space
$40,409 | Props total: 13939 13939
 projectd06 said
I give teachers credit, the gotta deal with the sh*tty boxden youth all fu*king day id probably lay a kid out day 1.

Sidenote: Highschools need to be more work prep than bullsh*t history classes, schools fail and student debt is so high because schools dont make oppurtunities known thry just push college. I wouldn't have even wasted my year in college if you told .e i could make the same amount in sales or trade job.
Hell first 2 years of college is material you've seen before. They try to sell college as it helps you get an one income job but hell the bachelor's degree is the new HS degree. HS kids ought to be exposed to stuff like getting IT certifications, how to start your own business, how to network/write a resume/cover letter, etc.

1 week ago '06        #59
Icee 39 heat pts39
space
space
$14,211 | Props total: 10984 10984
Teachers = underpaid babysitters teaching false facts.

School is a hell of a business motto though, they are federally funded and generate $80 per kid.

1 week ago '12        #60
CosbySweater 304 heat pts304
space
space
$37,719 | Props total: 23147 23147
kids are a**holes b.

i donít blame em.

1 week ago '18        #61
BernieDaGoat 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,041 | Props total: 5963 5963
As a teacher in a upscale school in ny I gotta say for me the job is demanding but the pay and benefits are great.

I couldnít imagine doing the amount of work I do for no 30,000 or 40,000

1 week ago '11        #62
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$5,558 | Props total: 9868 9868
 BernieDaGoat said
As a teacher in a upscale school in ny I gotta say for me the job is demanding but the pay and benefits are great.

I couldnít imagine doing the amount of work I do for no 30,000 or 40,000

1 week ago '04        #63
bibbyboi 32 heat pts32
space
space
$12,395 | Props total: 4723 4723
 ordoabchao said
Teachers are underpaid and education is underfunded for a reason. The powerbrokers don't want people who can think: they want slaves.

So when you get a real fu*king teacher in your child's life: thank them.
This is truer than people realize. Back in the day the most available jobs were a*sembly type jobs. So they taught kids to sit for hours straight doing menial tasks. Now the jobs are dynamic, need more creativity and lots of self directed thinking and you can see good teachers adjusting.

1 week ago '15        #64
WalterWhiteBoy 
space
space
$270 | Props total: 220 220
 Kadroan said
I don't blame them. They're underpaid and overworked.
Overworked? They have like 100 days off a year.

1 week ago '18        #65
BernieDaGoat 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,041 | Props total: 5963 5963
 WalterWhiteBoy said
Most people who say sh*t like this wouldnít last a week.

1 week ago '10        #66
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 2755 2755
 Gold Face said
School system needs an overhaul

Teachers do deserve more

My plan would b increase pay for teachers but make the job more demanding.

This will bring in highly skilled educators and make the current roster b more productive
What are the demands of an educator now? Iím pretty sure you have no idea.

Make the job more demanding...do you think teachers get reimbursed for buying schools supplies when parents donít provide them? Where do you think classroom resources come from when school districts are low on funds? Do you think the school actually pays teachers for the hours they spend after school grading, prepping, and mentoring? Do you think the stress of dealing with snobbish kids whoíve never been told no or bad a*s kids who donít hear no isnít demanding enough? Maybe itís the dealing with parents who only show up at the end of the quarter to ask why I gave their child an F that isnít demanding. No I know what it is, the parents who want extra consideration and easier grading all year that are the cake walks. Never mind the paperwork and meetings.

Your plan to revamp the education system should start with becoming an educator and finding out how demanding the job is and how low the pay is.

We donít support educators or the school system and wonder why prisons are over crowded.

Last edited by killinemsoftly; 08-14-2019 at 05:30 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '05        #67
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,175 | Props total: 13907 13907
 Icee said
Teachers = underpaid babysitters teaching false facts.

School is a hell of a business motto though, they are federally funded and generate $80 per kid.
What?

1 week ago '14        #68
Daptism 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,356 | Props total: 29468 29468
 WalterWhiteBoy said
BX is infested with morons.

1 week ago '04        #69
Kadroan 211 heat pts211
space
space
$40,409 | Props total: 13939 13939
 BernieDaGoat said
Most people who say sh*t like this wouldnít last a week.
Right! I had a roommate who was a teacher. They have to deal with a lot of politics and got long hours of lesson planning and grading papers at home.

1 week ago '17        #70
AllWins 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 8967 8967
 Solo214 said
Na i disagree Iím a firm believer of the old saying that ďit takes a whole village to raise a childĒ
Your only thinking about your children Iím thinking about the betterment of all children across the country a lot of kids arenít gonna b so lucky to have parents like me and you... Iím thinking about those kids... teachers are not obsolete... as a team... as a country we are only as good as our weakest links...
When two armyís go to battle... one army could have the more badass soldiers but they canít work good together... the other army mayb their soldiers arenít better overall like the other army but they know how to work as a team better than the other army... the army that works better as a team gonna crush the other army with better soldiers despite it being overall more talented...
I feel you I just see things diff. ďThose kidsĒ that you refer to arenít being helped by the system as it is now. Teachers mostly just teach the book and push people through the system. They rarely are actually teaching and impacting peopleís lives.

Not to shoot at teachers because I know there is a ton of great ones that have impacted me big time. I say keep those who want to be advisors and mentors to peopleís learning journey, but the concept of teachers/classrooms/schools/curriculum/state tests is so broken. They are funneling people into college (regardless of it makes sense) and not teaching them how to survive out here.

Should destroy and rebuild the whole system IMO.

Def agree with the ďit takes a villageĒ concept, just donít think teachers as currently defined in most schools are a value-add to that process.
+2   

7 days ago '10        #71
Trilluminati GA 435 heat pts435
space
space
$52,096 | Props total: 18289 18289
Crappy parents....crappy pay...
Go figure
+1   

7 days ago '15        #72
RollTideCowboy 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,913 | Props total: 2926 2926
You can't discipline a child in school how it used to be. Then parents are raising little fu*king demons who have no respect for anything or anybody. So a mf trying to teach children who have no respect and have learned disregard for substance from their parents, would either want to quit or shoot somebody

7 days ago '17        #73
Tom Herman 384 heat pts384
space
space
$14,195 | Props total: 49186 49186
Salaries are probably lower than what they should be, but teachers have strong job security and good pensions. Additionally, it's not like these teachers are really excellent and deserve higher wages. There's blame to be given on both sides.

7 days ago '15        #74
WalterWhiteBoy 
space
space
$270 | Props total: 220 220
 BernieDaGoat said
Most people who say sh*t like this wouldn’t last a week.
I taught a college course in my field, was easiest check I ever made. I'm sure kids are tougher to deal with but you get like a 3rd of the year off. Why are they overworked?

7 days ago '06        #75
Icee 39 heat pts39
space
space
$14,211 | Props total: 10984 10984
 projectd06 said
What?
What's shocking playboy?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  41