Bruce Lee Biographer Fact Checks Tarantino

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The TV/Movie Spot

1 week ago '04        #1
4494 page views
89 comments

psylence2k 74 heat pts74
space
space
space
$14,040 | Props total: 4834 4834
Bruce Lee Biographer Fact Checks Tarantino

+52   

best
worst
89 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
psylence2k 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
space
$14,040 | Props total: 4834 4834
Page number citations at the end of the tweets too.
+14   

1 week ago '12        #3
Jo Blow 91 heat pts91
space
space
$1,456 | Props total: 4552 4552
well first of all, this is QT movies and universe so he can do what ever the f he wants... he changed how Hitler dies and Sharon Tate doesn't die... his universe. what he says goes

1 week ago '05        #4
Stuart Scott 237 heat pts237
space
space
$27,879 | Props total: 31577 31577
Too many inaccuracies in this movie

You can’t even smoke lsd...
+10   

1 week ago '15        #5
Mista7 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$559 | Props total: 2215 2215
 Jo Blow said
well first of all, this is QT movies and universe so he can do what ever the f he wants... he changed how Hitler dies and Sharon Tate doesn't die... his universe. what he says goes
You a d*ck eater
+25   

1 week ago '07        #6
JohnDoe 223 heat pts223
space
space
$13,061 | Props total: 8410 8410
He could have just said Cliff is Tim Kennedy, I think most would agree Tim would beat Bruce.

1 week ago '04        #7
octane 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 3203 3203
People are really in their feeling about imaginary sh*t. First the little mermaid and now this. Also the millions of nerds who collect comics who critique these Comic movies pointing out everything instead of fu*king. If want you to be upset about a man whose legacy is already set in stone and died 46 years ago and iis portrayed in a fictional movie, be my guess.

Last edited by octane; 08-12-2019 at 07:46 PM..
+29   

1 week ago '15        #8
Fantastic 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,644 | Props total: 8319 8319
 octane said
People are really in their feeling about imaginary sh*t. First the little mermaid and now this. Also the millions of nerds who collect comics who critic these Comic movies pointing out everything instead of fu*king. If want you to be upset about a man whose legacy is already set in stone and died 46 years ago and iis portrayed in a fictional movie, be my guess.
Lmao , they really are. Like QT they family.

1 week ago '17        #9
Coffee 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$5,071 | Props total: 14751 14751
Biographer with the Fact checks.

QT can do what he he wants in his movies, but he should be more accurate or graceful in his defenses of them.
+11   

1 week ago '04        #10
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,941 | Props total: 4108 4108
Quentin doesn’t give fu*k. I saw where a reporter asked if Sharon Tate’s family was asked permission or did he reach out to them at all... he was like " Nope.. next question"
+8   

1 week ago '04        #11
fresno 
space
space
space
$819 | Props total: 173 173
This is one of the most ridiculous things lol.. One of the best movies I have seen in the last few years and instead of just appreciating a well made, fun movie for what it is people have to act "outraged" over some extreme nerdy goofy sh*t like they above most movie goers.

I need to see it again but ive heard people say it is also just Cliff's character imagining while up on the rooftop what would have happened if he was allowed on set that day.. Regardless, it's not that serious and was never meant to be historically accurate, it's not a biopic.. Love it or hate it Tarantino has always done a meticulous job of recreating settings but altering small bits of history here or there.. Isn't that part of the fun of being a writer/director and being able to do whatever tf you want since it's your specific thoughts?
+7   

1 week ago '15        #12
WavyManny 
space
space
$418 | Props total: 1129 1129
Bruce Lee was different, Ali is a legend but to have that stunt man dude throw him in the car like that had me in the theater perplexed
+8   

1 week ago '11        #13
Panthro 808 10 heat pts10
space
space
$895 | Props total: 2753 2753
gods of egypt

They just be playing/day-dreaming tho.....

NEVER would they try and change HIS-STORY

Last edited by Panthro 808; 08-12-2019 at 08:23 PM..
+17   

1 week ago '12        #14
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,711 | Props total: 9829 9829
I didn’t like how Bruce lee was portrayed but I wouldn’t complain about because the whole movie is inaccurate. But I understand for the family of things
+2   

1 week ago '09        #15
Puppet Master 200 heat pts200
space
space
$26,889 | Props total: 35565 35565
QT pissing people off as usual

I love it

+1   

1 week ago '16        #16
ShadowPlay 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,248 | Props total: 2762 2762
QT just turned water into ice.

1 week ago '05        #17
Soprano ATL 49 heat pts49
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4817 4817
It's a fu*king satirical, fictional movie...
+12   

1 week ago '18        #18
Bloodpantha 
space
space
space
$733 | Props total: 916 916
 Mista7 said
You a d*ck eater
Its better than eating pu**y its more sensual and you dont have to worry about no limit soldiers running up the block saying uhhh because the ozone layer is being destroyed

1 week ago '12        #19
OldBusiness 183 heat pts183
space
space
$31,827 | Props total: 61633 61633
 fresno said
This is one of the most ridiculous things lol.. One of the best movies I have seen in the last few years and instead of just appreciating a well made, fun movie for what it is people have to act "outraged" over some extreme nerdy goofy sh*t like they above most movie goers.

I need to see it again but ive heard people say it is also just Cliff's character imagining while up on the rooftop what would have happened if he was allowed on set that day.. Regardless, it's not that serious and was never meant to be historically accurate, it's not a biopic.. Love it or hate it Tarantino has always done a meticulous job of recreating settings but altering small bits of history here or there.. Isn't that part of the fun of being a writer/director and being able to do whatever tf you want since it's your specific thoughts?
But the outrage didnt start with the fans.

It started with a daughter who didnt appreciate how someone made her dead father look. She didnt appreciate how the father she missed was turned into comic relief for crowds....and from the perspective of race this is how Asians were treated when they tried to get into Hollywood. You would want your kids to have the right to have an opinion on how the world views their father. Thats human

I love Tarantino, but this sh*ts pretty wack. He looks out of touch like the Hollywood hacks he told us he was better than.
+17   

1 week ago '04        #20
Zakhara 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,328 | Props total: 861 861
Tarantino doing more for Bruce Lee's legacy in 2019 than his own family...

1 week ago '18        #21
The3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,803 | Props total: 3365 3365
 Stuart Scott said

You can’t even smoke lsd...
It's the multiverse , its not this earth Bruce Lee its another earth

1 week ago '16        #22
BathWaterMelody 58 heat pts58
space
space
$8,926 | Props total: 32781 32781
 Stuart Scott said

You cant even smoke lsd...
this^

Bruce Lee's portrayal in OUATIH was more of a caricature of Bruce Lee.

I've read his entire book on Jeet Kune Do before. it's translated "the Way of the Intercepting Fist," and from what I understand, 85% percent of it training your body to master fluid counters, stances, parries & feints that intercept an opponent's f*ghting style and render him off-balance.

that whole f*ght scene in OUATIH started with Bruce launching a running flying kick at a non-moving target Cliff Booth.

his daughter Shannon Lee confirmed that was out of his character and I totally agree. it's not Bruce's style at all.
+7   

1 week ago '12        #23
fcm415 
space
space
$6,023 | Props total: 3899 3899
Turned a respected dead philosopher/martial artist into a sh*tbag caricature.

He should do Ali, or John Wayne for his next period piece. Right?
+8   

1 week ago '04        #24
!!! 384 heat pts384
space
space
$58,120 | Props total: 74259 74259
It's just a movie. All the best movies have tons of historical inaccuracies. Take Gladiator for example. Beautiful movie top to bottom right? But the movie's main character is a Roman general who's actually from Spain who's being played by an Australian actor speaking with a British accent.

Let it go people.

1 week ago '12        #25
Jo Blow 91 heat pts91
space
space
$1,456 | Props total: 4552 4552
 OldBusiness said
But the outrage didnt start with the fans.

It started with a daughter who didnt appreciate how someone made her dead father look. She didnt appreciate how the father she missed was turned into comic relief for crowds....and from the perspective of race this is how Asians were treated when they tried to get into Hollywood. You would want your kids to have the right to have an opinion on how the world views their father. Thats human

I love Tarantino, but this sh*ts pretty wack. He looks out of touch like the Hollywood hacks he told us he was better than.
i hear your argument but do you really care or are you just letting an upset female with dead daddy issues ignite an emotion in you, and have you look over everything about the movie like it's a revisionist history piece, or the scene in reference is probably a dream sequence...?

By no means does this tarnish Bruce's legacy, at all. Her speaking out just brings attention to the movie, free publicity really. At the end of the day this outrage will mean nothing.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
NBA 2K20 Demo
87 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+28online now  16
one punch man gameplay
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feiges Involvement I..
333 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Aug 20 - New Video: Epstein and Prince Andrews with Aus PMs Daughter
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy