2K-themed podcast

most viewed right now
31 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
31 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX GameSpot

1 week ago '19        #1
419 page views
35 comments

pausetrick 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 38 38
2K-themed podcast

Thinking of starting up a weekly podcast talking about 2K news, updates and such. Anyone interested in getting down?
+4   

best
worst
35 comments

1 week ago '09        #2
K0ntrast 68 heat pts68
space
space
$31,470 | Props total: 18252 18252
Sounds trash.
+1   

1 week ago '13        #3
PBC 31 heat pts31
space
space
$7,137 | Props total: 8086 8086
what will you talk about once the game has released and no news?
+1   

1 week ago '19        #4
pausetrick  OP
space
space
space
 K0ntrast said
Sounds trash.
Why's it sound trash?

1 week ago '19        #5
pausetrick  OP
space
space
space
 PBC said
what will you talk about once the game has released and no news?
New features, community memes, etc.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #6
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,594 | Props total: 5281 5281
Who wants to listen to someone talking about the news, updates and etc that we can just read off of mike wangs Twitter account?
+1   

1 week ago '19        #7
pausetrick  OP
space
space
space
 Adam Is BeTTeR said
Who wants to listen to someone talking about the news, updates and etc that we can just read off of mike wangs Twitter account?
Some might, but you have a point. Thanks for the insight. Is there anything you can think of that would make you want to listen to one?

1 week ago '09        #8
K0ntrast 68 heat pts68
space
space
$31,470 | Props total: 18252 18252
 pausetrick said
Why's it sound trash?
A podcast about a specific game when the updates are already sent. What you gone talk for 10min about what ppl already know? It has to be a general topic, like just video games in particular not just one game that sh*t gone die fast af
+6   

1 week ago '07        #9
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,594 | Props total: 5281 5281
 pausetrick said
Some might, but you have a point. Thanks for the insight. Is there anything you can think of that would make you want to listen to one?
There’s really not much that you can talk about as far as Park goes.

You can talk about MyTeam, you can talk about the new card drops, which cards work and which don’t.

How to grind the challenges and etc.

I’m not a MyTeam player. I’m 100% Park but this is just an idea for you. There’s more doors open with that imo.

In the beginning of the release though (of 2K20) you can talk about other stuff, like the new gameplay/ mechanics and etc.

With Park, all you can talk about are the builds/ archetypes, and after a while they’ll get old/ dead quick. That’s why I suggested MyTeam.

But during the podcast, you can bring up the new updates like;

“For those of you who don’t follow 2k blog, or 2k devs on twitter and etc. the new 2k update...whatever, whatever...”

Just to give you an idea to how to stretch out the podcast.

Also video record every podcast, and post it on YouTube.

Idk, it’s just an idea

Personally I wouldn’t listen. I don’t check for YouTube vids either. Maybe it’s because I’m an old head so I rather just get my news directly from Mike Wang/ etc by reading it. But maybe it’ll work.
+2   

1 week ago '07        #10
sleep23rd 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,355 | Props total: 5403 5403
it's a good idea...should talk about builds and the arche types, badges ..what positions r OP and why...I mean that convo can go on as the E league goes also...so many different dynamics to talk about when it comes to mycareer and taking your players online..should talk about the money leagues on social media that been going on for a few years now...and how every year the tournaments have bigger pots...
+1   

1 week ago '10        #11
SenGetEm 
space
space
space
$327 | Props total: 231 231
Maybe add some sim gameplay aspects. Playbooks, freelances, zone busters, off ball busters, pace, etc
Also I play mygm. Talking about all modes would stretch out content for you. Main thing is know your sh*t n limit speculative content.

7 days ago '11        #12
Tooly Da Gawd 33 heat pts33
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 5379 5379
Since BX is retarded and yall dont know sh*t about gaming, podcasts, and the media world, ill give this dude some advice

start your podcast about 2k, name it something that works for a 2k podcast but would also work for a general podcast (double dribble, technical foul ect) spent 60% of your time on the podcast talking about non 2k related news and slowly transition your 2k podcast into a current event podcast.

Don't even think about getting into the specifics of 2k and talking strategy and inside news, NO ONE wants to hear that or watch that bullsh*t besides a very very small percent of the hardcore player base. Don't listen to them, make content that can be consumed by the masses, and use 2k as a springboard to build your initial fan base.

Good example of this is Andrew Schulz's Flagrant 2 which started out as a podcast solely focused on the NBA and now its just a regular podcast that speaks on current events and have 10x the followers it used to. Once you take a deep dive into podcast analytics you will learn a lot. All the info is out there for you.

Last edited by Tooly Da Gawd; 08-12-2019 at 07:00 AM..
+3   

6 days ago '13        #13
Phenom354 
space
space
$11,187 | Props total: 10739 10739
 Tooly Da Gawd said
Since BX is retarded and yall dont know sh*t about gaming, podcasts, and the media world, ill give this dude some advice

start your podcast about 2k, name it something that works for a 2k podcast but would also work for a general podcast (double dribble, technical foul ect) spent 60% of your time on the podcast talking about non 2k related news and slowly transition your 2k podcast into a current event podcast.

Don't even think about getting into the specifics of 2k and talking strategy and inside news, NO ONE wants to hear that or watch that bullsh*t besides a very very small percent of the hardcore player base. Don't listen to them, make content that can be consumed by the masses, and use 2k as a springboard to build your initial fan base.

Good example of this is Andrew Schulz's Flagrant 2 which started out as a podcast solely focused on the NBA and now its just a regular podcast that speaks on current events and have 10x the followers it used to. Once you take a deep dive into podcast analytics you will learn a lot. All the info is out there for you.
Sound advice.

Flagrant 2 barely talks any sports these days
+3   

6 days ago '17        #14
Lite 36 heat pts36
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 17588 17588
Your target audience likely gets their fix from YouTube already but it wouldn't hurt to try
+1   

6 days ago '06        #15
realgunta 997 heat pts997
space
space
$29,111 | Props total: 59937 59937
 pausetrick said
Thinking of starting up a weekly podcast talking about 2K news, updates and such. Anyone interested in getting down?
do a podcast about Video Games in general

doing a podcast thats strictly about a specific game will seriously limit you. You will run out of things to talk about very quickly.

But a podcast about Video Games in general, theres basically endless things that you can talk about.
+1   

6 days ago '19        #16
pausetrick  OP
space
space
space
 Tooly Da Gawd said

Good looks my G.

6 days ago '18        #17
Oswaldgatesjr 24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$7,293 | Props total: 16507 16507
Think that's a dope idea

6 days ago '12        #18
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,128 | Props total: 3094 3094
i know some MUT youtubers did a podcast strictly for MUT so it’s definitely a thing.
but you can do what Agent does with the 2K drama alert consistently cause the community is trash and it’s always issues. talk about MyTeam, Park/Rec/Pro experiences throughout the week. myleague and mygm sh*t. gameplay patches and sh*t.

6 days ago '07        #19
sleep23rd 10 heat pts10
space
space
 Tron Carter said
i know some MUT youtubers did a podcast strictly for MUT so itís definitely a thing.
but you can do what Agent does with the 2K drama alert consistently cause the community is trash and itís always issues. talk about MyTeam, Park/Rec/Pro experiences throughout the week. myleague and mygm sh*t. gameplay patches and sh*t.
Agent is annoying....he never gives good advice either when it comes to pro am or myplayers ...he uses a bunch of 2k Jargon ...he just comes off as annoying..I don't get why he has the following he does...
+1   

6 days ago '14        #20
LuckiiWaviano 642 heat pts642
space
space
$23,020 | Props total: 41280 41280
Im wit it
You can talk about so much sht because even though to casuals every iteration of 2k looks the same, theres differences
You got 20 years of material to look through
You can make episodes dedicated to past games or the current game

6 days ago '17        #21
Timberwolves 112 heat pts112
space
space
$2,503 | Props total: 11206 11206
 pausetrick said
Why's it sound trash?
imagine talking about a video game for half an hour and trying to squeeze new content for your pod.

So horrendously boring to listen to.

Not saying anything about you in particular but the idea itself.

This is my opinion.
+1   

6 days ago '07        #22
sleep23rd 10 heat pts10
space
space
 Timberwolves said
imagine talking about a video game for half an hour and trying to squeeze new content for your pod.

So horrendously boring to listen to.

Not saying anything about you in particular but the idea itself.

This is my opinion.
2k is a year round game..updates, roster changes, like I said before...E league and the pro-am/rec/ mycareer circuit is HUGE and getting bigger.....

There is so many things to touch on weekly throughout the year....
Everyone wants to have an advantage, VC glitches, Contact dunk glitches, Badge grinding glitches, techniques, how to play the game correctly!!!
so many things..so little time
+1   

6 days ago '19        #23
pausetrick  OP
space
space
space
 sleep23rd said
2k is a year round game..updates, roster changes, like I said before...E league and the pro-am/rec/ mycareer circuit is HUGE and getting bigger.....

Everyone wants to have an advantage, VC glitches, Contact dunk glitches, Badge grinding glitches, techniques, how to play the game correctly!!!
Wanna get down?

5 days ago '11        #24
Tooly Da Gawd 33 heat pts33
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 5379 5379
 sleep23rd said

You're wrong fam, 2k youtubers are dying faster than they are living

E league for 2k has been a massive failure, its easily the LEAST respected and LEAST watched esports that actually has a budget (a massive one at that)

sh*t smite is more popular as an esport than fu*king NBA 2k

E League averaged under 9k viewers for nba 2k.... 9 fu*king thousand. Meanwhile there are 495 million esports fans in the world, most respected esports average 100k + with less than 1% of their marketing budget.

Last edited by Tooly Da Gawd; 08-14-2019 at 04:56 AM..

5 days ago '07        #25
sleep23rd 10 heat pts10
space
space
 pausetrick said
Wanna get down?
I can give Ideas but I'm honestly too old and too busy to give podcats my attention like I'd want..u need someone young and into the 2k proam community more then me...I get my info late cause I be out the loop..
u need fresh news, like info when patches come out, what the 2k communities really think...u need some of that 2k jargon too...which that jargon annoys me cause I'm old to be honest lol

Join bx

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  12
Article inside Nba 2k20 new myplayer builder
32 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+29online now  11
Video inside Madden 20 - This Play Got Him A Refund!
70 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+42online now  8
Freddie Gibbs Says F*ck Kaepernick, and Hopes Jay-Z Owns A Team
84 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+60online now  2
BG out here looking like whoopi Goldberg