Advice On Moving Into a New Apartment

most viewed right now
+36  76
87 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The Money Spot

11 months ago '04        #1
786 page views
14 comments

shortz 53 heat pts53
space
space
space
$7,549 | Props total: 3118 3118
Advice On Moving Into a New Apartment

Any tips and advice?

I'm a bit worried about the internet situation as it looks like comcast is not available in walnut creek and att is like 50 bucks a month for 5mbps down smh

best
worst
14 comments

11 months ago '13        #2
Afr0Centric 
space
space
space
$228 | Props total: 329 329
 shortz said
Any tips and advice?

I'm a bit worried about the internet situation as it looks like comcast is not available in walnut creek and att is like 50 bucks a month for 5mbps down smh
Look around for mold. That used to be my biggest problem with Apartments. You don't want hay fever.

I thought ATT had fiber in most metro area's?

11 months ago '16        #3
postemupndunkit 7 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 27954 27954
dont buy a lot of furniture, stick to the basics and once you've got three to 6 months of emergency money saved start investing

seriously fu*k furniture

the money people spend on that sh*t is mind boggling
+7   

11 months ago '12        #4
Jo Blow 91 heat pts91
space
space
$1,456 | Props total: 4552 4552
walnut creek? bro you moving to raleigh nc? internet is fine man time warner cable is legit. don't worry
+1   

11 months ago '04        #5
RETURNOFTHEKING 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,377 | Props total: 11685 11685
first thing, check the water pressure. turn the shower on and make sure its stong.

being in chicago, i would try to go on a windy day and take a feather with me. i would hold it up to the windows while it was windy out and see how drafty the windows were. this was super important for me with the chicago winters. cold air coming in and heat leaking out. same for the ac.

try to view an apartment when neighbors are home. on the weekends or in the evenings would be ideal. you can hear how loud they are or aren't. If it is an older building, upstairs neighbors could be loud when they walk across the floors. If you don't have a pet, but your building allows pets, you could have to deal with barking dogs, dogs running across the floor, doors always trying to drool all over you in the common areas, cats just watching your a*s from their window you leave from work... fu*king cats

check for in building washer/dryer. judge the parking situation in the area. make sure you are near grocery stores. establish if any utilities are included prior to signing a lease. if an apartment offers free internet and cable in the rent, you can ask what they value that and see if they will take that off your rent if you choose to get your own service.

read the lease in full. it will take a few minutes to do so, but landlords love to hide sh*t in there to protect themselves at all costs. I saw a lease where they charged the tenant $5 for each burnt out light bulb for example. rent is always negotiable. They may not budge but it never hurts to ask.

Do not rent a place where a landlord lives in the same building. might as well live with your parents. Ask if they have someone on call 24 hours or someone that can come within the next business day in case some sh*t goes down in your place. Any amount of time you are without something that should be included in your apartment, you should get a credit for. It doesn't matter if a fuse blows in your apartment and you are without power for 8 hours overnight, you should seek credit. Legit places will not have an issues doing this, even if it's only $5-$10.

i've rented a new apartment every year for 9 years because I liked moving around in different areas in chicago, so i got used to being anal about looking for sh*t in apartments.
+11   

11 months ago '04        #6
shortz 53 heat pts53 OP
space
space
space
$7,549 | Props total: 3118 3118
 RETURNOFTHEKING said
first thing, check the water pressure. turn the shower on and make sure its stong.

being in chicago, i would try to go on a windy day and take a feather with me. i would hold it up to the windows while it was windy out and see how drafty the windows were. this was super important for me with the chicago winters. cold air coming in and heat leaking out. same for the ac.

try to view an apartment when neighbors are home. on the weekends or in the evenings would be ideal. you can hear how loud they are or aren't. If it is an older building, upstairs neighbors could be loud when they walk across the floors. If you don't have a pet, but your building allows pets, you could have to deal with barking dogs, dogs running across the floor, doors always trying to drool all over you in the common areas, cats just watching your a*s from their window you leave from work... fu*king cats

check for in building washer/dryer. judge the parking situation in the area. make sure you are near grocery stores. establish if any utilities are included prior to signing a lease. if an apartment offers free internet and cable in the rent, you can ask what they value that and see if they will take that off your rent if you choose to get your own service.

read the lease in full. it will take a few minutes to do so, but landlords love to hide sh*t in there to protect themselves at all costs. I saw a lease where they charged the tenant $5 for each burnt out light bulb for example. rent is always negotiable. They may not budge but it never hurts to ask.

Do not rent a place where a landlord lives in the same building. might as well live with your parents. Ask if they have someone on call 24 hours or someone that can come within the next business day in case some sh*t goes down in your place. Any amount of time you are without something that should be included in your apartment, you should get a credit for. It doesn't matter if a fuse blows in your apartment and you are without power for 8 hours overnight, you should seek credit. Legit places will not have an issues doing this, even if it's only $5-$10.

i've rented a new apartment every year for 9 years because I liked moving around in different areas in chicago, so i got used to being anal about looking for sh*t in apartments.
Thanks man
+1   

11 months ago '06        #7
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,864 | Props total: 406 406
Check for signs of roaches.
+1   

11 months ago '13        #8
DJMACMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$878 | Props total: 2538 2538
Renting is all about maintenance. Things will stop working or break depending on how much you use it. Just be prepared to get charged for it. Ask for a walk thru inspection at move in with staff. Just enjoy because management only cares that you pay on time. Lastly, leave on good terms. Court cases could mess up the next place for years to come

11 months ago '18        #9
dacoolestg 
space
space
$614 | Props total: 1203 1203
get one of those roach bombs and air out the crib also learn your neighbors because their nosy a*ses will learn you asap
+1   

10 months ago '18        #10
niruggg 67 heat pts67
space
space
$9,347 | Props total: 26422 26422
How old are you? i ask because my advice is dependent on it. I’m old

10 months ago '18        #11
niruggg 67 heat pts67
space
space
$9,347 | Props total: 26422 26422
 RETURNOFTHEKING said

well damn all this and get everything in writing never verbal keep records of everything take pics when you move in preferably with the renter in dwelling and also when you move out matter fact video well lit

10 months ago '10        #12
REG773 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,084 | Props total: 23924 23924
 RETURNOFTHEKING said

how much do suggest someone should make to rent

im in chicago area too

wanna start lookin at apartments

2 weeks ago '18        #13
LifeGetsBetter 
space
space
$604 | Props total: 1614 1614
Great game.. Just got an apartment too. Anymore tips?

2 weeks ago '17        #14
OozeTheOracle 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,904 | Props total: 9306 9306
 LifeGetsBetter said
Great game.. Just got an apartment too. Anymore tips?
Yeah. Shut the fu*k up.

2 weeks ago '18        #15
LifeGetsBetter 
space
space
$604 | Props total: 1614 1614
 OozeTheOracle said
Yeah. Shut the fu*k up.
guess everyone's a home owner now
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  43
Image(s) inside The writers of life present to you. Some sick ass sh-t.
49 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+65online now  29
OT Lilí Wayne gifts Undisputed crew chains
72 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside quick review of the Jeezy album TM104
74 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+55online now  11
Who green lit this dumb ass movie and why are people praising it?
145 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy