What is your side hustle?

most viewed right now
+42  85
89 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The Money Spot

1 year ago '04        #51
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
$13,019 | Props total: 50963 50963
 Tha Boss said
So its clients for you or the company that contracted you.
two scenarios for me.

I work full time for a company in DC as a Digital Marketing Manager.

But also, my last employer asked if I could continue to do hourly work for them when I left, so I do that on the side.

So basically, two paychecks.

Tha Boss said
And can you ost a sample of the email.
I cant post a sample email as it would get indexed and could be traced back to me. However, it's pretty standard.

For example, my new job is B2C (business to consumer). we're selling a SAAS (software as a service) product. So for these, we're basically sending out emails and trying to convince people to buy our product. There's more to it, but that's the gist of it.

My other job (the PT one) is B2B (business to business). We're selling a service. We're trying to convince companies (like mirosoft, under armour) to hire us to create their next website, or help them with their next marketing campaign, etc

Tha Boss said
Last question if its targeted to people how do you find the target or know who to send it to
Many ways.

First off, it depends on what you're selling.

For the SAAS product we sell, we're targeting people involved in local government. So that applies to all 50 states, therefore we don't have to worry as much when we send emails out.

My company also pays services like ZoomInfo to buy lists.

So for example, if you were selling computer monitors. You could go on ZoomInfo and pay for a list of decision makers at IT companies within 50 miles radius of a zipcode, and then you could add those names to an emailing list and start emailing them promoting your product.

other times, people will fill out a form on our website and tell us that they want to essentially be targeted.

we also have events and webinars we host, and in order to attend you gotta give us your info (name, address, title, company, etc). and we'll add those names to our marketing efforts as well

its not that hard on the surface. collecting data isnt hard in general, its interpreting and makign decisions based on the data that's hard.

for example, for your clients, do you get better email results when you send emails asking people to register for a webinar before lunch or after lunch. is it better to send those emails in the middle of the week or early in the week? you can also run A/B tests to compare different subject lines. does adding photos effect your open rates?

we can also add tokens to emails to make them seem more personalized.

so for example, when you get an email from Banana Republic (for example), and the email says "Hi Jason" instead of "Hi" < which email are you more likely to open?

you can also segment emails further.

for example, you can send one email that's been personalized based on timezone, for example.

so everyone on west coast, when they open an email, it will have a picture of a nice sunny beach followed by text.

but people on the east coast will get an image of a city skylines followed by text.

there's no tried-and-true formula - it depends on your business, what you're selling, your audience, etc
+1   

1 year ago '05        #52
Demboyz746 
space
space
$1,864 | Props total: 352 352
 Kliq said
two scenarios for me.

I work full time for a company in DC as a Digital Marketing Manager.

But also, my last employer asked if I could continue to do hourly work for them when I left, so I do that on the side.

So basically, two paychecks.

I cant post a sample email as it would get indexed and could be traced back to me. However, it's pretty standard.

For example, my new job is B2C (business to consumer). we're selling a SAAS (software as a service) product. So for these, we're basically sending out emails and trying to convince people to buy our product. There's more to it, but that's the gist of it.

My other job (the PT one) is B2B (business to business). We're selling a service. We're trying to convince companies (like mirosoft, under armour) to hire us to create their next website, or help them with their next marketing campaign, etc

Many ways.

First off, it depends on what you're selling.

For the SAAS product we sell, we're targeting people involved in local government. So that applies to all 50 states, therefore we don't have to worry as much when we send emails out.

My company also pays services like ZoomInfo to buy lists.

So for example, if you were selling computer monitors. You could go on ZoomInfo and pay for a list of decision makers at IT companies within 50 miles radius of a zipcode, and then you could add those names to an emailing list and start emailing them promoting your product.

other times, people will fill out a form on our website and tell us that they want to essentially be targeted.

we also have events and webinars we host, and in order to attend you gotta give us your info (name, address, title, company, etc). and we'll add those names to our marketing efforts as well

its not that hard on the surface. collecting data isnt hard in general, its interpreting and makign decisions based on the data that's hard.

for example, for your clients, do you get better email results when you send emails asking people to register for a webinar before lunch or after lunch. is it better to send those emails in the middle of the week or early in the week? you can also run A/B tests to compare different subject lines. does adding photos effect your open rates?

we can also add tokens to emails to make them seem more personalized.

so for example, when you get an email from Banana Republic (for example), and the email says "Hi Jason" instead of "Hi" < which email are you more likely to open?

you can also segment emails further.

for example, you can send one email that's been personalized based on timezone, for example.

so everyone on west coast, when they open an email, it will have a picture of a nice sunny beach followed by text.

but people on the east coast will get an image of a city skylines followed by text.

there's no tried-and-true formula - it depends on your business, what you're selling, your audience, etc
How do you know what the best subject line is for an email? I run into that problem and then a lot of people do not open the email

1 year ago '13        #53
throwbacksample 42 heat pts42
space
space
$4,762 | Props total: 2208 2208
 bigmike123456 said
Sports betting
what site do you use?
+2   

1 year ago '04        #54
bigmike123456 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,178 | Props total: 1460 1460
 throwbacksample said
what site do you use?
I run my own site
+2   

1 year ago '13        #55
space
space
 bigmike123456 said
I run my own site
just to locals or anywhere in the US?
+2   

1 year ago '17        #56
CamburyBXGreat 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,580 | Props total: 18055 18055
My 9 to 5 is my side hustle, real estate is my main thang
+4   

1 year ago '12        #57
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
$235 | Props total: 388 388
 CamburyBXGreat said
I'm on the cusp of being in the same boat. One more solid real estate deal for a flip/rental and it's game over.

Last edited by MemphisAmbition; 08-06-2018 at 10:25 PM..
+2   

1 year ago '14        #58
Blazeyy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 15734 15734
Side hustle? Im supposed to work 8 hours a day and then work more?

Nah IM good, long as Im progressing toward jobs with higher pay

We werent born to make money or work ourselves to death
+4   

1 year ago '05        #59
crazyquicks 
space
space
space
$552 | Props total: 554 554
 Blazeyy said
Side hustle? Im supposed to work 8 hours a day and then work more?

Nah IM good, long as Im progressing toward jobs with higher pay

We werent born to make money or work ourselves to death
Not all side hustles have to be lots of work. Passive income is what I'm striving for. I made great miney last week with my side hustle and it's passive.
+5   

1 year ago '04        #60
bigmike123456 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,178 | Props total: 1460 1460
 throwbacksample said
just to locals or anywhere in the US?
Just locals I usually deal with guys I know or referred from somebody gotta make sure guys pay. You mess around with sports betting at all ?

1 year ago '05        #61
Tha Boss 64 heat pts64
space
space
space
$27,289 | Props total: 56451 56451
 CamburyBXGreat said
 MemphisAmbition said
I'm on the cusp of being in the same boat. One more solid real estate deal for a flip/rental and it's game over.
Can yall elaborate on what yall do in real estate and how yall do it
+1   

1 year ago '04        #62
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
 Demboyz746 said
How do you know what the best subject line is for an email? I run into that problem and then a lot of people do not open the email
the million dollar question

this depends on many things, such as

- who is your audience? young people? old people? women? men?
- what are you selling? what's your CTA?
- TEST! Run A/B tests, see what is more efficient

i can't answer that question for you unfortunately, but you can get close to an answer by testing different scenarios

1 year ago '13        #63
space
space
 bigmike123456 said
Just locals I usually deal with guys I know or referred from somebody gotta make sure guys pay. You mess around with sports betting at all ?
Oh yeah...i use heritage and before that i used 5dimes.

1 year ago '08        #64
BrwnSkinHustler 1 heat pts
space
space
$160 | Props total: 49 49
Moonbounces, Cosplay services , and a Mirror Photobooth rental pushing a grand a weekend besides my full time employment at a mutual fund company and also in the Air National Guard (currently deployed tax free checks coming in)
+2   

1 year ago '17        #65
Tempus1 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 14443 14443
Ever seen the show American Pickers? I basically do that except I only sell online.
+1   

1 year ago '04        #66
Kliq 402 heat pts402
space
space
 BrwnSkinHustler said
Moonbounces, Cosplay services , and a Mirror Photobooth rental pushing a grand a weekend besides my full time employment at a mutual fund company and also in the Air National Guard (currently deployed tax free checks coming in)
whoa!

thanks for the game man, appreciate it. not familiar with any of those, but will look into it

what do you at the mutual fund company?

1 year ago '15        #67
Drakehotel 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,003 | Props total: 17736 17736
Buy and Sell expensive whiskies on FB. All the good bourbons, Pappy Van Winkle, Kentucky Owl, all the rare sh*t
+5   

1 year ago '11        #68
eliwood 150 heat pts150
space
space
$37,097 | Props total: 15693 15693
 JCyclops said
Crypto and FanDuel. Tied for first in an NBA tourney earlier this year and used that bread to pay off the remaining balance of my school loan. NBA FanDuel is much easier to me than MLB/NFL. I play MLB/NFL for fun but NBA is where I've had my biggest wins.

My largest Crypto hold is XRP but I've sprinkled in other a*sets. Really focusing on stockpiling XRP for the long haul while it's in this level though. Granted those aren't steady sources of income, but I can do them from home and when I'm off work.
props for being smart with that windfall
+2   

1 year ago '09        #69
iAM2 2 heat pts
space
space
$833 | Props total: 1838 1838
been booking personalities / artist to walk thru and pop a bottle.. paid fatboy 2k and made 10k. that was the best i did so far tried other people but they charged about the same and yielded significantly less $$
+3   

1 year ago '05        #70
Demboyz746 
space
space
$1,864 | Props total: 352 352
I see everyone hustling. I am looking to add an extra stream of income. If anyone is looking for a partner or wants to partner let me know. I definitely see the family on here doing great things from e-commerce to other hustles. If you are interested p.m. me .

1 year ago '12        #71
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
 iAM2 said
been booking personalities / artist to walk thru and pop a bottle.. paid fatboy 2k and made 10k. that was the best i did so far tried other people but they charged about the same and yielded significantly less $$
That's a nice bag. What city/state you in?

1 year ago '12        #72
MemphisAmbition 
space
space
space
 Tha Boss said
Can yall elaborate on what yall do in real estate and how yall do it

I've done a little bit of almost everything. If I see an opportunity I'm all over it, but if you have specific questions I can answer, just pm me

1 year ago '09        #73
iAM2 2 heat pts
space
space
$833 | Props total: 1838 1838
 MemphisAmbition said
That's a nice bag. What city/state you in?
providence.. lol

1 year ago '05        #74
Tha Boss 64 heat pts64
space
space
space
 iAM2 said
How did you make 10k? People really flocked to the spot to see fuking fatboy
+1   

1 year ago '05        #75
Tha Boss 64 heat pts64
space
space
space
 MemphisAmbition said
I've done a little bit of almost everything. If I see an opportunity I'm all over it, but if you have specific questions I can answer, just pm me
Can you clear your pms? Says your box is full

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  43
Image(s) inside The writers of life present to you. Some sick ass sh-t.
52 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+65online now  33
OT Lil Wayne gifts Undisputed crew chains
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  16
NFL Damn Daniel back at it again