Tulsa Real Estate Fund?

most viewed right now
95 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The Money Spot

1 year ago '06        #26
DominicanLou 25 heat pts25
space
space
$9,180 | Props total: 8306 8306
sh*t like this makes me sooooo anxious in a good way.

I'll do some research but at $500 I'm willing to dive in head first and let it rock.

In general, we should all be participating in group economics. Define "we" as you will. Once some of us get over the stigma of working with each other we can all eat.

1 year ago '14        #27
tygamann1 178 heat pts178
space
space
$13,548 | Props total: 17905 17905
 North!!! said
you ain't lying bout Newark being closer to manhattan

Than some boroughs

My hopes is that Newark revitalization spills into like orange, east orange, paterson and Irvington
It'll spill into orange. East Orange is going to take a while, Irvington is terrible but it actually has a nice foundation to its city compared to East orange...but at the same time, Newark literally hugs these cities, the perception is horrendous though

I think Paterson has to revitalize itself since it's kinda up there on an island. Only difference with Paterson is that the surrounding cities are pretty well off

1 year ago '10        #28
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$18,164 | Props total: 13714 13714
So what type of realistic return yall expect with the 500 investment I've actually been researching reits hearing average reviews

Why not just go which an established reit etf?

1 year ago '13        #29
North!!! 455 heat pts455 OP
space
space
$62,952 | Props total: 58611 58611
 eightytyson06 said
So what type of realistic return yall expect with the 500 investment I've actually been researching reits hearing average reviews

Why not just go which an established reit etf?
I put $500 in it

Not a significant amount

Worst case it crashes; losing 500 ain't sh*t

Didn't put it in expecting a crazy, fast return

TBH a pride/group economic thing

Like it can go either way

But I'm a take a leap of faith and support my own

1 year ago '05        #30
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,914 | Props total: 8400 8400
Tulsa is a sh*t hole.

They are the reason oklahoma keeps ending up on the list for most dangerous states to live in.

Being as im from okc , fu*k anything that has to do with tulsa

Sounds like a bunch of gentrification.

They gonna buy fix up and rent or sell bad neighborhoods . But , its okay because your doing it to your own people

He literally said it right after talkong about gentrification

Last edited by dasill; 06-03-2018 at 01:25 AM..

1 year ago '07        #31
biff 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 359 359
dont you think 10 shares at 50 bucks a share is alot for the minimum. how high could it get to long run?

1 year ago '05        #32
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
 biff said
dont you think 10 shares at 50 bucks a share is alot for the minimum. how high could it get to long run?
If anyone knew that then A- they are inside trading or b-they are lying to you. Do your research and decide if it is something you are willing to risk loosing your money in

Last edited by dasill; 06-03-2018 at 01:15 AM..

1 year ago '10        #33
PaperBoy971 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 1071 1071
 dasill said
Tulsa is a sh*t hole.

They are the reason oklahoma keeps ending up on the list for most dangerous states to live in.

Being as im from okc , fu*k anything that has to do with tulsa

Sounds like a bunch of gentrification.

They gonna buy fix up and rent or sell bad neighborhoods . But , its okay because your doing it to your own people

He literally said it right after talkong about gentrification
They called it like that in reference to Black Wall Street. Doesn't mean they plan on doing business in Tulsa.
I know I don't have to school you on BWS. Right ?

1 year ago '10        #34
bunun 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,269 | Props total: 3355 3355
is it normal for reits to take 50% profit off the top ?

1 year ago '13        #35
North!!! 455 heat pts455 OP
space
space
$62,952 | Props total: 58611 58611

1 year ago '10        #36
bunun 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,269 | Props total: 3355 3355
i hope yall dont get finessed

1 year ago '12        #37
frankieboyj26 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$235 | Props total: 173 173
 PaperBoy971 said
They called it like that in reference to Black Wall Street. Doesn't mean they plan on doing business in Tulsa.
n*ggas ainít hip lol. Has nothing to do with him doing business in Oklahoma.

1 year ago '17        #38
pickolo01 
space
space
space
$519 | Props total: 801 801
Was coming to post about this ...itís at about 7ms now . Seriously thinking of investing ...so I have until Monday to invest the minimum or is there no timeline ?

1 year ago '12        #39
frankieboyj26 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$235 | Props total: 173 173
 pickolo01 said
Was coming to post about this ...itís at about 7ms now . Seriously thinking of investing ...so I have until Monday to invest the minimum or is there no timeline ?

From my readings since its a Tier 2 Real Estate, the max they can crowdfund is $50 mil so once they get that amount in contributions its a wrap.

1 year ago '05        #40
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
 PaperBoy971 said
Thats even worse , they took the name and arent even based out of tulsa. I know about bws if you live in oklahoma there isnt anyway that you dont know about it. It still sounds like genetrifaction to me.

1 year ago '04        #41
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,900 | Props total: 1887 1887
 North!!! said
I put $500 in it

Not a significant amount

Worst case it crashes; losing 500 ain't sh*t

Didn't put it in expecting a crazy, fast return

TBH a pride/group economic thing

Like it can go either way

But I'm a take a leap of faith and support my own

Every dollar that we earn is significant we can't have that mindset if we are truly going to build wealth. Now asking for a minimum of 500 dollar seems like a scam to me, the stock market which is currently on a record 10 yr bull market is only giving in the range of 10% to 15% return on your money, what reasonable investor with intelligence is going to risk investing $500 dollars just to get back a measly $50 dollars. Now especially with the financial climate we are in real estate is a risky investment, the 10 yr treasury bond has eclipsed over 3.12%, that mean it is now more expensive for consumers to purchase mortgages cause the interest rate is now much higher than it has been in the previous years. Any investor who has done his/her due diligence would know that the American economy is heading for a recession, this is not the time to be investing in reit or the stock market, your best bet would to invest those $500 in a hedge fund or etf that shorts the stock market.

1 year ago '06        #42
new2hiphop 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,544 | Props total: 39428 39428
 King Ryan said
Every dollar that we earn is significant we can't have that mindset if we are truly going to build wealth. Now asking for a minimum of 500 dollar seems like a scam to me, the stock market which is currently on a record 10 yr bull market is only giving in the range of 10% to 15% return on your money, what reasonable investor with intelligence is going to risk investing $500 dollars just to get back a measly $50 dollars. Now especially with the financial climate we are in real estate is a risky investment, the 10 yr treasury bond has eclipsed over 3.12%, that mean it is now more expensive for consumers to purchase mortgages cause the interest rate is now much higher than it has been in the previous years. Any investor who has done his/her due diligence would know that the American economy is heading for a recession, this is not the time to be investing in reit or the stock market, your best bet would to invest those $500 in a hedge fund or etf that shorts the stock market.
I wanna prop u twice bruh,everything you said is facts,anybody really out here understands that, every now n then post restore my faith in ppl on Boxden

1 year ago '10        #43
PaperBoy971 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 1071 1071
 dasill said
It still sounds like genetrifaction to me.
Some form of gentrification might be a necessary "evil" man. Not talking about race but socio economic class. How do you revive a neighborhood ? With new businesses. For those businesses to thrive you need households that have disposable income.
The difficult part is aiding low income households in climbing the ladder. But you're right, poor people can't stay together. That's how you end up with rundown PJs.

King Ryan said
Any investor who has done his/her due diligence would know that the American economy is heading for a recession, this is not the time to be investing in reit or the stock market, your best bet would to invest those $500 in a hedge fund or etf that shorts the stock market.
Honestly I feel like this isn't about getting a return on your money as much as it is about being a part of a collective effort to bring about change in impoverished communities. If they manage to build a couple of schools in Bmore or Detroit, maybe bring some life back in a few neighborhoods then I'll consider it a success.

1 year ago '14        #44
space
space
Also meant to say...if you think this fund is purely about a return and the amount of your dividend, this probably isn't the fund for you, and if you're going to make comments in the thread purely about monetary value without taking into the consideration the mission and purpose, this thread will probably be better off without your contributions

1 year ago '10        #45
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$18,164 | Props total: 13714 13714
How are the taxes with this I heard reits are a d*ck when it's tax time but this is being advertised as a trust though how does that work

1 year ago '14        #46
space
space
 eightytyson06 said
How are the taxes with this I heard reits are a d*ck when it's tax time but this is being advertised as a trust though how does that work

Wait huh? Who told you this?

A REIT is no different from owning stock in a company, you're taxed on the dividends you received, and you report your earnings on the Schedule B or D. The only thing that may be a tad bit confusing is accounting for depreciation. But even at that, the Trust handles this...all you do as a taxpayer is receive your 1099 and keep it moving. You literally don't do anything but receive your dividends and your 1099 and report it on your return. Nothing more nothing less.

Whoever told you this is trying to discourage you from investing, and I'm a tax accountant myself.

Last edited by tygamann1; 06-04-2018 at 01:23 PM..

1 year ago '07        #47
getGwap 
space
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 510 510
Not saying its a finesse job or anything but it seems like he's crowdfunding flipping and charging the investors a 58% premium to do so. There is a reason they aren't using an exchange because they want to control the shares and nobody can Short the company (bet against the performance as a stock) which is the first thing I tried to do when it said they are going public june 1st they in essence control the share price and don't pay any fees to the exchanges for listing and also escape the possibility of investors betting against their company. 50 percent off the top plus a "management" fee just seems like a nice way of separating fools from their money once you buy in what does it look like if you want to take or track your "profit"

1 year ago '07        #48
getGwap 
space
space
space
 tygamann1 said
Also meant to say...if you think this fund is purely about a return and the amount of your dividend, this probably isn't the fund for you, and if you're going to make comments in the thread purely about monetary value without taking into the consideration the mission and purpose, this thread will probably be better off without your contributions
if we are going to not worry about returns and monetary value why are we calling it an investment? if people want to donate to charity then lets call the $500 a donation to Jay Morrison if people are registering as accredited or non accredited "investors" they better be worried about Return on investment, liquidity, etc

1 year ago '14        #49
space
space
 getGwap said
if we are going to not worry about returns and monetary value why are we calling it an investment? if people want to donate to charity then lets call the $500 a donation to Jay Morrison if people are registering as accredited or non accredited "investors" they better be worried about Return on investment, liquidity, etc
I didn't say that you shouldn't worry about the returns or monetary value. I said that this fund isn't purely about that. This isn't black and white...there's a lot of gray in here.

A couple of DJ Vlad's in this thread. And no I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he just isn't in a place where he can understand the true underlying purpose of this fund because he hasn't "felt" it

If you don't have money to invest or are bat sh*t scared of losing your investment, then don't invest...but of the 8M that has been raised so far, I'm willing to bet that majority of the funds came from people who would rather see real economic change in the community over some small a*s $5-30 dividend they'll see per quarter. Of course you want to see your dividend too, but if you took a survey...economic empowerment would likely be the most chosen reason for investing, with receiving a return falling somewhere after that

I'd rather see cities like Newark, Baltimore, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, etc. become a driver for black economics. I'm more worried about the intrinsic value, while others are more concerned with their dividend

Last edited by tygamann1; 06-04-2018 at 02:33 PM..

1 year ago '07        #50
getGwap 
space
space
space
 tygamann1 said
I didn't say that you shouldn't worry about the returns or monetary value. I said that this fund isn't purely about that. This isn't black and white...there's a lot of gray in here.

A couple of DJ Vlad's in this thread. And no I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he just isn't in a place where he can understand the true underlying purpose of this fund because he hasn't "felt" it

If you don't have money to invest or are bat sh*t scared of losing your investment, then don't invest...but of the 8M that has been raised so far, I'm willing to bet that majority of the funds came from people who would rather see real economic change in the community over some small a*s $5-30 dividend they'll see per quarter. Of course you want to see your dividend too, but if you took a survey...economic empowerment would likely be the most chosen reason for investing, with receiving a return falling somewhere after that

I'd rather see cities like Newark, Baltimore, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, etc. become a driver for black economics. I'm more worried about the intrinsic value, while others are more concerned with their dividend
I feel you about the social aspect of it and if he is really aiming to revitalize impoverished communities that would be an interesting project to get behind. I guess my question would be is what is the difference between Jay Morrison & any other investor taking foreclosed properties bought on the courthouse steps cosmetically repairing them and then flipping them? is he going to only turn around and sell these properties to black people? and if so is he selling them not with a profit motive in mind? either he's making money and returns for investors which is what a reit is or he is out for the community and he is flipping houses out of the goodness of his heart he cant really do both

Last edited by getGwap; 06-04-2018 at 02:43 PM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  40
Image(s) inside Young Jeezy Reveals TM104 Tracklisting
96 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Satanist In The Suburbs (Vice Series)
109 comments