Trump dismisses farmersí concerns over trade war as his agriculture secretary insults

most viewed right now
94 comments @wild'ish

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section BX Daily Bugle

1 week ago '07        #1
155 page views
6 comments

timdog 1134 heat pts1134
space
space
$39,545 | Props total: 32715 32715
Trump dismisses farmersí concerns over trade war as his agriculture secretary insults

ThinkProgress

Trump dismisses farmers’ concerns over trade war as his agriculture secretary insults them

As Trump's trade war undermines American farmers, his agriculture secretary mocks them for whining

President Donald Trump's trade war is devastating American farmers. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue thinks they are whiners.

President Donald Trump’s unilateral decision to pursue trade wars with China has increased America’s trade deficit and harmed American farmers who rely on exports to earn a living.

As the president continued to lie this week about how his policies have hurt those farmers, his cabinet secretary responsible for overseeing farming came under fire for calling them a bunch of whiners.

Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue, who previously admitted that U.S. growers were paying the price for the administration’s trade policies and were “one of the casualties there of the trade disruption,” insulted them last week at a Farmfest event in Minnesota.

“I had a farmer tell me this in Pennsylvania,” Perdue told the audience at a listening session hosted by House Agriculture Committee Chair Collin Peterson (D-MN). “He said ‘What do you call two farmers in a basement?’ I said ‘I don’t know, what do you call them?’ He said ‘A whine cellar.'”

That attempt at humor was reportedly met with some laughter but also booing.

Despite the dire effects of his ongoing trade war, Trump has touted his repeated tariff threats against countries like China as beneficial to the country.

“Farmers getting more than China would be spending. Fake News won’t report!” he tweeted on Tuesday, ignoring all of the evidence to the contrary.

Trump also retweeted a tweet from his official campaign account on Monday morning, suggesting that even though farmers were hurting, they were still behind Trump.

“No battle is over in a minute. If it is, it wasn’t worth f*ghting,” one farmer said, in a video attached to the tweet.

“We’re in a hole right now, but I think — if they go as they are — will get evened out,” another farmer said.

The Trump administration on Tuesday narrowed its list of tariffs on some Chinese imports which were set to go into effect on September 1, delaying levies on certain consumer technologies like cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, and computer monitors until December 15, “based on health, safety, national security and other factors.”

It is unclear whether this will help farmers in any way.

https://thinkprogress.org .. -1cc57272a1bc/

Last edited by timdog; 08-13-2019 at 09:46 PM..
+5   

best
worst
6 comments

1 week ago '09        #2
messy marv stan 5484 heat pts5484
space
space
$74,888 | Props total: 130542 130542
trump and sonny purdue are determined to destroy a stable of the american economy any way possible

dont those 2 morons realize that without agriculture there would not be any food and dairy available to every single american
+7   

1 week ago '10        #3
Bandito 275 heat pts275
space
space
space
$9,796 | Props total: 25915 25915
“We’re in a hole right now, but I think — if they go as they are — will get evened out,” another farmer said.
What the fu*k does that even mean?

If what goes as they are?

Sonny Perdue should get fired for telling a "joke" that ain't funny. That's the thing with conservative "humor." They are always punching down. Are you gay? Let me tell you this joke where I call you a f*g**t. Oh, you a tranny? Have you heard the same joke about bathrooms? You are Black. People are too PC these days and I can't tell one of the millions of jokes I have stockpiled where I call you a n*gger.

sh*t ain't about being politically correct. Comedy has always pushed the line and has traditionally been against racism and conservative values. Mel Brooks could still make Blazing Saddles today because the racists are the butts of the jokes. It is not the language. But, the intent behind it.

I am going to do all y'all a solid and show you a joke where using the n-word is funny.

A black father and son board a plane going from New York to London. As they are crossing the Atlantic ocean, they start losing fuel. The pilot comes over the intercom and says they have passed the point of no return and are not going to make it to London unless they lighten the weight of the plane.

So, all the passenger's luggage is thrown off the plane. Down to the carry ons. The pilot comes back on the intercom and says we are still too heavy. People will have to jump off the plane so others can survive. To make it fair, he says we are going to call people up in groups in alphabetical order.

First, the announcement is made. Will all African-Americans come to the front of the plane. The son looks at his father and he is staring straight ahead.

The next announcement is for all Black people to come to the front. Again, the son looks at his father and he hasn't moved.

Next, all colored people are called to the front of the plane. The son finally says to his father, "They have to be talking about us."

No, says his father, today we going to be the n*ggers they keep calling us.

You can add this bit to the end.

Behind the father and son is a Mexican man laughing. The father asks why he's laughing, they are going to go before them.

Nah, says the Mexican, today I am a proud wetback.

That is just one joke. There's also the one about the guy that finds the genie bottle on the beach.

A bunch of jokes that use racist language in a humorous way without being racist themselves.
+1   

7 days ago '04        #4
erickonasis 26 heat pts26
space
space
$32,987 | Props total: 36437 36437
+1   

7 days ago '04        #5
space
space
+1   

7 days ago '04        #6
space
space
+1   

7 days ago '15        #7
MemphisBleek 2 heat pts
space
space
$998 | Props total: 2630 2630
Act like farmers don’t live off subsidies

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+22online now  36
Image(s) inside Young Jeezy Reveals TM104 Tracklisting
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Satanist In The Suburbs (Vice Series)
109 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+63online now  7
Video inside Bride begs her newly groom for forgiveness after being caught kissing h..
137 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  7
Is Jayz a sell out yes or no?
179 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy