The Shoe Game is dead....

most viewed right now
73 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '18        #1
627 page views
20 comments

LILHAITIBABYYY 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$413 | Props total: 1926 1926
The Shoe Game is dead....

There has been no new models that generated hype in the past decade except for the yeezy. Donít say vapormax cause that shoe is for the times and can you really see them being retroed in 10 years?

Jordan retros are basically what Air Force Ones where back in the day: over saturated as hell. Everybody at least has one pair of retros.

The only models generating interest are high fashion models (yeezys, off white, designer collabs). This is due to the clothing game taking over the sneaker game.

Is the sneaker game on itís last legs? (At least on the mainstream level)
+3   

20 comments for "The Shoe Game is dead...."

1 week ago '04        #2
Mercury 
space
space
$2,890 | Props total: 2367 2367
 LILHAITIBABYYY said
There has been no new models that generated hype in the past decade except for the yeezy. Donít say vapormax cause that shoe is for the times and can you really see them being retroed in 10 years?

Jordan retros are basically what Air Force Ones where back in the day: over saturated as hell. Everybody at least has one pair of retros.

The only models generating interest are high fashion models (yeezys, off white, designer collabs). This is due to the clothing game taking over the sneaker game.

For you it may be.

To the buying public. It's stronger than its ever been. Sales figures prove this
+7   

1 week ago '06        #3
LeMar G 250 heat pts250
space
space
$18,134 | Props total: 50573 50573
 LILHAITIBABYYY said

[pic - click to view]

+4   

1 week ago '18        #4
DUCEDUCE 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,120 | Props total: 9065 9065
 LeMar G said

[pic - click to view]

Perfect gift execution I always hear Kobe saying what in my head.
+1   

1 week ago '13        #5
uoeno 115 heat pts115
space
space
space
$9,070 | Props total: 24726 24726
i been off that sh*t since 2008. just rock super simple sh*t nowadays.

hnm kicks
+3   

1 week ago '04        #6
Dash 198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$13,124 | Props total: 35590 35590
 LeMar G said

[pic - click to view]

fr... im not sure what this ni99a talkin bout
+2   

1 week ago '11        #7
darealvelle 104 heat pts104
space
space
$8,980 | Props total: 7715 7715
I’m not big on sneakers like a use to be, I rather spend my money on other things. But sneaker game is at its best right now. Of course If you just buy Jordan’s then yes it will become stale.
+2   

1 week ago '18        #8
LILHAITIBABYYY 2 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 darealvelle said
Iím not big on sneakers like a use to be, I rather spend my money on other things. But sneaker game is at its best right now. Of course If you just buy Jordanís then yes it will become stale.
I keep hearing this excuse but sneaker resell is at an all time low lmfao. Shoes are sitting shelves and going to outlets. Only thing thatís at its peak is volume. Thereís no even regional releases anymore + The shoes that are actually hyped are out of reach. Maybe Iím just speaking too soon.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #9
He A Savage fr 
space
space
$82 | Props total: 176 176
New n*gga logic

1 week ago '04        #10
Dash 198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$13,124 | Props total: 35590 35590
 LILHAITIBABYYY said
I keep hearing this excuse but sneaker resell is at an all time low lmfao. Shoes are sitting shelves and going to outlets. Only thing thatís at its peak is volume. Thereís no even regional releases anymore + The shoes that are actually hyped are out of reach. Maybe Iím just speaking too soon.
out of reach for who?

u just gotta grind to get them limited shyts... go around the shops in ur city, make ur face known... get in good wit managers/shop owners etc.

i prolly get 90% of the shyt I want... but I use every avenue to get it
+1   

1 week ago '13        #11
North!!! 440 heat pts440
space
space
$59,904 | Props total: 50343 50343
I’m a sneaker casual

I agree with op

Also seems as if

Basketball players don’t be getting fire signatures like that anymore
+3   

1 week ago '18        #12
space
space
space
 North!!! said
Iím a sneaker casual

I agree with op

Also seems as if

Basketball players donít be getting fire signatures like that anymore
Exactly whatís the last signature shoe that people rushed to get?
+3   

1 week ago '04        #13
Ace2125 28 heat pts28
space
space
$5,707 | Props total: 1283 1283
OP got really high talking to his out the loop friends

1 week ago '06        #14
RAZAH CUTS 6472 heat pts6472
space
space
$58,669 | Props total: 33655 33655
everything happens in cycles....

1 week ago '16        #15
JustVibe 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,620 | Props total: 9655 9655
Lol man I’m only 24 but at this point in my life I’m all about comfort . I still have shoes from Nike I haven’t worn since I bought them . Sooner or later you grow out of it

7 days ago '08        #16
RokkyRok 53 heat pts53
space
space
$6,787 | Props total: 655 655
The audience changed.
It used to be black/Hispanic & suburban white kids who listened to hip hop, now the audience is almost exclusively continental Asians & people chasing the value of the shoes.
Js & other nike sigs have fallen out of favor in US metros, they're still cool but its moving towards how it was back in 05-10'. It's cyclical but this is definitely downtime.
+2   

6 days ago '18        #17
br82186 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,613 | Props total: 4830 4830
Nobody is trying to spend over $200 for kicks except for hypebeasts and people who love to keep up with the Jones. Also low cut sneakers are what's in nowadays and it's not hella expensive. For me the only kicks I'm willing to break bank for are the Jordan 1's, Son of Mars, and even though they're waaaay expensive the Red October's and Air Mag's.
+3   

6 days ago '10        #18
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,572 | Props total: 2165 2165
I like being able to buy shoes that I like and not having to camp out

Jordan been dropping heat

Them pgs and kyries are kinda fire too I dont agree op
+1   

6 days ago '04        #19
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$5,582 | Props total: 3506 3506
jus cuz u growin old and moving onto bigger and better thangs it dont mean there aint plentiful young up and comers who think this silly sh!t is the world just like u once felt plair

4 days ago '18        #20
space
space
space
 xbossxplayax said
jus cuz u growin old and moving onto bigger and better thangs it dont mean there aint plentiful young up and comers who think this silly sh!t is the world just like u once felt plair
Man idk it seems like kids these days would rather take that money and get a battle pass or skins than sum shoes.

4 days ago '04        #21
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$5,582 | Props total: 3506 3506
i walked away from the whole sneaker game way before it was called hypebeasting on the mainstream when i saw ppl doing lined up camp outs. even then i thought the game fvcked up.

but i still drive past the largest adidas store in my city on my way to work in the morning and see these snot nosed kids in they sleeping bags. and im thinkin oh some yeezys must be droppin. im not looking down on them or anything. im simply realizing im personally way past that but as much as im done with it, just as many ppl are just becoming interested in the culture. tbh im envious of the young bloods who have the time and energy to sleep on the cold streets for something they are passionate about (whether it's the true love for the kicks or the quickflip money) cuz these days i wouldnt even consider going out unless the venue has valet
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+35online now  46
Video inside Simpsons Clips That Get You Every time...
54 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+64online now  45
Being ugly: my experience... Damn.
101 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+84online now  31
Image(s) inside Stare into those eyes