Marvel Reissues New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Poster After Backlash From Danai Gurira Omission

most viewed right now
+17  131
78 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '05        #51
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,863 | Props total: 11565 11565
 1Oh said
Marvel fu*ked up wit that sh*t. But at least they moved fast & were on top of correcting it.

No matter how u spin it, don't put Okoye on the poster if you're not going to give her headline credit like every other muhfu*ka on the poster. It just looks , and makes no sense when coming off of Black Panther's historic run. And if her role is allegedly too small for credit, then dont put her imagery on the poster to sell the movie, It's that simple.
I mean it seems like a clear cut accident, if her role was too small they wouldn't have put her on there at all.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #52
icontrell 3 heat pts
space
space
$722 | Props total: 3729 3729
I think this was an honest case of forgetfulness, it doesn’t seem intentional. Furthermore, even if it was intentional on the Photoshop Engineer’s part, Marvel stepped up to the plate and corrected it ASAP while also accepting full responsibility with no rebuttal. “It should have been up there in the first place.” is their words. That makes me as a black Marvel fan feel appreciated, or better yet just acknowledged, all in all my respect for Marvel went up a little bit.
+2   

1 week ago '04        #53
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
$2,005 | Props total: 4174 4174
All controversy aside, I love the way Marvel flipped her line about Scarlet Witch. That’s why they’re the fu*king best. Quick, precise and to the point.

1 week ago '15        #54
MightyHealthy2 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,334 | Props total: 44465 44465
 1Oh said
If she's a meaningless character like you claim, then why is she on the fu*kin poster?

bi*ching & moaning from the internet. Disney doesn't want controversy, so they did it to make it right which i understand. But i'm pretty sure no one was hoping to see her after the ending of infinity war. Or asked a where is her white suit in the trailer. The original avenger core was up there for a reason. Not saying your wrong or ebeef. It's just pointless, fam. If we gonna put her up there then we should have everyone from the black order, to shuri, etc. I get it, her props should be given. But she serves no serious purpose as a character in this general storyline. No fan sh*t, just speaking logically.

1 week ago '16        #55
IDRIS 
space
space
space
$938 | Props total: 758 758
You would want your name up there...wouldn't you?

1 week ago '17        #56
1Oh 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,375 | Props total: 17404 17404
 MightyHealthy2 said
bi*ching & moaning from the internet. Disney doesn't want controversy, so they did it to make it right which i understand. But i'm pretty sure no one was hoping to see her after the ending of infinity war. Or asked a where is her white suit in the trailer. The original avenger core was up there for a reason. Not saying your wrong or ebeef. It's just pointless, fam. If we gonna put her up there then we should have everyone from the black order, to shuri, etc. I get it, her props should be given. But she serves no serious purpose as a character in this general storyline. No fan sh*t, just speaking logically.
Okoye, and the actress that plays her, Danai Gurira, has a fanbase, regardless of how anyone here feels about her capacity as a character in the MCU, or her capability as an actress. To include her likeness on a poster, but leave her nameless unlike everyone else on the poster, is a slight & a mistake. It's not pointless to address it, its good public relations; and Marvel was smart enough to get in front of it and fix it.

And also, lets stop saying Okoye has no major purpose in the Endgame story. None of yall muhfu*kas watched Avengers Endgame, so lets k*ll this narrative that she's not "important enough" to be on the poster in the first place. Marvel Studios felt she was important enough to be on the poster, and they watched the movie before any of us, so wtf are yall talking about really?

1 week ago '17        #57
BXSPAGHETT 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,430 | Props total: 3060 3060
Because black panther sucks cyockkkkk

1 week ago '10        #58
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,090 | Props total: 2683 2683
Seems like a typo, incompetence, like who the fu*k would forget that? Danai is very well known now. She's a main character on one of the biggest shows ever in "The Walking dead" and was in BP and IW two billion-dollar films so I don't get the reasoning to deliberately omit hear so it must be a mistake. Maybe she rejected the the person in charge of marketing cause she wouldn't would give him some of that black love. I don't know, sh*t

1 week ago '18        #59
Scrooged 2 heat pts
space
space
$374 | Props total: 1412 1412
Add her = weird women haters hate

Dont add her= finger-pointing weirdos cry racism

Welcome to modern times.

1 week ago '16        #60
mobchip 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,734 | Props total: 5434 5434
The original poster with her name omitted was going for $145(CDN). Now, I see it going for $129(CDN) and most likely Marvel is not taking orders for reprints, but there are already hundreds of thousands of 27x40 prints being mailed. I went to the theatre today, and didn't see it up.

1 week ago '09        #61
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,666 | Props total: 1572 1572
Hopefully the put Galactus in this series in the future

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+35online now  46
Video inside Simpsons Clips That Get You Every time...
54 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+64online now  45
Being ugly: my experience... Damn.
101 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+84online now  31
Image(s) inside Stare into those eyes