Lupe Fiasco Lasers Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #341
jholla2k 
space
space
$828 | Props total: 2 2
compared to his last albums this s**t is sum commercial garbage his lyrics is still crack, song content is there.... but all them pop beats k!lled the album wat da fuk if this album was accapella it wouldve been a instant classic
 03-02-2011, 09:26 AM         #342
Contagioso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChaosBeats said:
f**k you Lupe said him self it was garbage stop it slime.

Album is a.ss cheeks And I haven't even heard it yet
 7 years ago '10        #343
jbn2233 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 172 172
awful album overall
 7 years ago '05        #344
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,976 | Props total: 3240 3240
Just listened for the first time..I actually really enjoyed it.

Favorite tracks:

Letting Go
Words I Never Said
Till I Get There
Beautiful Lasers
All Black Everything
I Dont Wanna Care Right Now

The first half of the CD was a lot better than the second, but overall I really enjoyed it..gonna be playing a few of these songs for awhile.
 7 years ago '10        #345
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
Ok, I gave in and listened to this album....have it pre-ordered and I am glad I did.
This album has the potential to be his "It Was Written"/ Jay's Vol 2, in that it has the potential to take him to the next level mainstream wise. I remember back in the day lots of people hating on those albums too.
To be more recent I would compare it to BP3 or Recovery. I like this album though, for me I see it differently I wasn't expecting another "Cool" from him. I thought "Beamin" and "Shining Down" were great but still pretty commercial production wise. Plus even "Cool" had some signs of future direction. I mean the Alex Da Kidd formula is not really different from the Lupe/Santos formula, rapping over alt-rock emo hooks. What this album is missing is the dark tracks to balance out the upbeat pop and techno sounds. But the concept of L.A.S.E.R.S is all about love and as I've said in other threads it will help him preach to a new choir i.e. people who may not be fans of the FNL or Cool Lupe will actually like this album.
IMO lasers is better than both BP3 and Recovery.
 7 years ago '04        #346
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,398 | Props total: 13066 13066
 ChaosBeats said:
f**k you Lupe said him self it was garbage stop it slime.

Album is a.ss cheeks And I haven't even heard it yet

Give it up man.
 7 years ago '04        #347
d2921 2850 heat pts2850
space
space
$24,537 | Props total: 5414 5414

lol a petetion too postphone lupes cd till he drops the album he promised
 7 years ago '07        #348
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 ChaosBeats said:

Say word my n*gga?
when he drop that relpase album?

I ain't heard that one yet?
Sick respone bud, I put you in your place .. so you look for a spelling error and try to make a joke?

.. Speechless.
 03-04-2011, 07:59 AM         #349
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey at least it came out...alot of yall signed the petition. i didnt, but im happy he got a release date. too bad the label had they hand in this one too much for it to really stand out...couple aight joints tho..nothing ima bump tho really.
 7 years ago '09        #350
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,303 | Props total: 7955 7955
 knowlege bass said:
Ok, I gave in and listened to this album....have it pre-ordered and I am glad I did.
This album has the potential to be his "It Was Written"/ Jay's Vol 2,
you mean this has potential to be his carter 3, its just as bad
 7 years ago '05        #351
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4898 4898
I have listened to this album about 10 times since it leaked. I guess I can sum up my thoughts simply by saying that I am disappointed but I get it. The beats are definitely more commercial, which isn't a bad thing, because some of them are really good. Lupe still has something thoughtful to say, which is another good thing. The problem is lyrically he is nowhere near as sharp as we have to come expect. Nowhere near as sharp as he was on The Cool or FnL. The other disappointing thing is that the album is littered with above average tracks. There is no single standout track. No Daydreamin or Little Weapon. I guess I consider this album a guilty pleasure which is something a hip hop head would say about a commercialized album.

And I get it. Either his label or him wants to try and push to sell over a million records. And this album might have the ability to do so. But I think we have all covered the fact that this album was a disappointment and not what we were expecting.

Last edited by iggyemu; 03-04-2011 at 11:58 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #352
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 iggyemu said:
I have listened to this album about 10 times since it leaked. I guess I can sum up my thoughts simply by saying that I am disappointed but I get it. The beats are definitely more commercial, which isn't a bad thing, because some of them are really good. Lupe still has something thoughtful to say, which is another good thing. The problem is lyrically he is nowhere near as sharp as we have to come expect. Nowhere near as sharp as he was on The Cool or FnL. The other disappointing thing is that the album is littered with above average tracks. There is no single standout track. No Daydreamin or Little Weapon. I guess I consider this album a guilty pleasure which is something a hip hop head would say about a commercialized album.

And I get it. Either his label or him wants to try and push him to sell over a million records. And this album might have the ability to do so. But I think we have all covered the fact that this album was a disappointment and now what we were expecting.
 7 years ago '06        #353
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3522 3522
Most consistent rapper album wise in the mainstream.

7 years ago '09        #354
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,238 | Props total: 19343 19343
so n*ggas trynna pretend this is good lol huge lupe fan listened to it again yesterday s**t only has 4 or 5 great songs on it then you have 2 average ones and the rest garbage.
 03-04-2011, 08:02 PM         #355
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On the other hand, I don't think that the album is really all that bad. In fact, I'm willing to say that it's a damn near necessary record to release. Songs like All Black Everything, Words I Never Said and The Show Goes On really put on display Lupe's ability to invoke the spirit of a modern day Bob Dylan in that he blatantly states harsh truths while maintaining an aesthetic that is marketable. I mean, as a kid in the ghetto, and hell, as a kid from the ghetto, hearing the last verse on Words I Never Said and hearing the entire Show Must Go On song, I would and do feel pretty inspired.

I think Lupe caved, yea, I do. I think the song with Trey Songz shouldn't have been recorded. At the end of the day though, even if it was "forced," the man had a job to fulfill and he did it. Fulfilling contracts, living up to legal obligations and such: examples of behaviors, that according to Obama, young men of color should start admiring. Instead we're criticizing him and saying he sold out? hmm.... Lupe doesn't deserve all that negativity. justsayinbruh.Afficher la suite
 7 years ago '04        #356
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,067 | Props total: 588 588
I dunno how people have been rating this album, and honestly I don't even care. The only thing that hurt this album was the label's influence. But Lupe's love for his craft obviously outshone throughout this entire album, even through the garbage tracks.

And I'm sorry, but I've heard one of the realest verses I've ever heard in my life from the first track alone.

I'm begging you don't let me go. We vowed, like the letter "O",/
to never go our separate ways; to spin off into separate shows./
Tired of all the wardrobe changing, playing all these extra roles/
filled with all these different spirits living off these separate souls./
Point of life is getting hollow. Can't wait for the exit hole./
Give me room to entry wound. Let me in or let me go./
So I can roam around this wilderness,/
see it for what it really is unprepared and filterless./
Magnify the euphony, alibi the shooting spree,/
amplify the revolution, sanitize the lunacy,/
strip away the justice, justify the scrutiny;/
I can see the lasers shooting out of you and me!/
Too f**king deep for words.

I can't lie, I know this album could be so much better. But if you felt Lupe's artistry form under horrible circumstances, you sorta appreciate this album even more. I can only bare to stand two tracks (fourth and fifth tracks, and that's mainly cuz Lupe's awesome lyrical ability just couldn't overpower the overall corny production on the tracks thanks to the label's poor choice in what is "good").

I gave this s**t a 4.5/5 just because of Lupe's effort under such horrible circumstances.
 7 years ago '04        #357
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,339 | Props total: 2761 2761
the only song i cant stand listening too is"i dont care right now" and the hook on "State run radio"

The rest of the album actually grown to me alot.

But there is one thing i see people are saying that is not even true...and that is that this album is not lyrical as the rest of the album. Im sorry but lyricism is still up to lupe standard. The problem with this album is that the direction of it is far different from the "The Cool" and "FnL".

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 03-08-2011 at 09:40 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #358
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Just gave this album another spin...

Album is fire .. people gave it too much hate.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy