MERGED: Kobe demands trade/ Kobe backs off trade demand after talking to Phil Jackson

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will Buss Keep His Promise?
He will but it wont be good enough 0 0%
Yes he has the money to get something done now that he really knows how Kobe feels 0 0%
No the lakers will contnue to lose 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-31-2007, 02:26 PM         #501
du6etreycrip03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK they need a Point Guard(Steve Francis N Mike James)....A center(Sign Swand Bradley) and get J.Oneal(Pacers) dats all they need....Get rid of ALl dem SUS players dey got...
 11 years ago '04        #502
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,414 | Props total: 3478 3478
Ron Artest for Kwame + 19th Overall
J.O. + Tinsley for Odom + Bynum + Radmanovic
Vet Center @ MLE.

Tinsley
Kobe
Artest
J.O.
MLE Center.

Last edited by A.G; 05-31-2007 at 02:37 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #503
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
fu*k it, the answer to all of our problems is Jannero Pargo.

Jannero Pargo >>> _____
 05-31-2007, 02:58 PM         #504
Eatin'N'Skeetin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
actually, the knicks make A LOT OF SENSE, despite them possibly not having the resources to get kobe.

- kobe always said he would love to play for NY during his opt-out year, he could still live his celebirty life in another big city/market

- kobe, lets remember, said hes not necessarily demanding a title contending team this year IF JERRY WEST CAME BACK, just to know he would have someone who would be aggressive and someone who he could trust in the front office to make big moves.....kobe and isiah are good friends and knows the knicks are ALWAYS trying to be aggressive and field any big deal out there.....

- MAYBE him and phil jackson will go together, since phil has not yet extended his contract for the lakers....isiah would go back to the front office, phil would coach, played for the knicks.....

again, im not saying its true, but those are 3 BIG factors you gotta think about, kobe just may well possibly be talking about NY....also lets not forget jerry west has said today he will "ABSOLUTELY" not return to the lakers....which makes the chances of kobe returning even less.

Last edited by Eatin'N'Skeetin; 05-31-2007 at 02:59 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #505
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Melo_15_Jesus said:
ur an idiot

nobody wants kwame and those salaries dont match up for the other trade
Yeah I realized the trade w/ Indiana is ~$5 mill short...
But I think you underestimate how badly the Queens want to get rid of Artest. The Lakers dont want the first round pick... If they gave up the 1st round + maybe a 2nd round + Kwame, I think Sacramento would jump on it.
 05-31-2007, 03:08 PM         #506
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
fu*k it, the answer to all of our problems is Jannero Pargo.

Jannero Pargo >>> _____
the lakers shouldve never let pargo go he was starting to blossom. he wouldve definetly surpassed a scottie pippen persay
 11 years ago '04        #507
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,198 | Props total: 5482 5482
i don't know what to think.....
 11 years ago '05        #508
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
PROP ME I NEED IT!!!

Lakers owner speaks with Bryant, promises to improve team
By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer
May 31, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lakers owner Jerry Buss spoke with Kobe Bryant on Thursday and said he told his frustrated superstar he would "pursue every avenue possible" to improve the team.

The conversation took place a day after Bryant asked to be traded, saying among other things he had been misled by Buss nearly three years ago when he re-signed with the Lakers.

"I talked with Kobe this morning and a.ssured him that I share his frustration and, more importantly, I a.ssured him that we will continue to pursue every avenue possible to improve our team with him as the cornerstone," Buss said in a statement. "I told him that we will keep him apprised of our progress and we agreed that we will talk again in the very near future."

Bryant, the NBA scoring champion the past two years, asked the Lakers for a trade Wednesday. He said nothing could change his mind, but he backed off somewhat after speaking with coach Phil Jackson.

"I don't want to go anywhere -- this is my team," Bryant told KLAC radio. "I love it here. I called Phil, man. He and I talked; it was an emotional conversation. But he just said, 'You know what, Kobe? Let us try to figure this thing out."'

Bryant said at that time he hadn't heard from Buss, indicating a conversation could go a long way toward resolving the matter.

Some three hours earlier, in an interview with ESPN radio, Bryant said he wanted to be traded. He added that it was a matter of trust, and he would rather "go play on Pluto" than remain with the Lakers.

Bryant, who turns 29 in August, is owed $88.6 million for the four years he has left on the seven-year, $136.4 million contract he signed July 15, 2004. That was a day after Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat.

Bryant said he felt Buss misled him right before he re-signed by telling him one thing and Jackson something else about the team's goals.

Bryant said he was told the Lakers would immediately try to rejoin the NBA's elite. But he said Jackson told him this week that Buss wasn't bringing him back as coach following the 2003-04 season because the Lakers were committed to reducing payroll and rebuilding long term.

Jackson was out of coaching one season before being rehired by the Lakers, who haven't won a playoff series since Bryant re-signed. Bryant has the right to terminate his contract after the 2008-09 season.

Last edited by oneosi; 05-31-2007 at 04:47 PM..
 05-31-2007, 05:48 PM         #509
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tempus U mad lol?, giving hate over Kobe cot damn I really think suicides would occur if KB isn't in Purple and Gold.
 05-31-2007, 05:57 PM         #510
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Latest is Kobe STILL wants a trade

When asked again in LA times, he said "Yes".
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
314 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy