The Rolex Bubble, shady business exposed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '05        #26
projectd06 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,603 | Props total: 12861 12861
I wear a watch for work only because im in sales and it fits the look, as corny as that sounds, but i fu*king hate watches. i could be worth billions and Id never buy a rolex just because i hate wearing watches/jewelry, sh*t id probably just rock sweats and slippers all day, id be tge bummiest millionaire ever.

Last edited by projectd06; 06-01-2019 at 10:13 AM..
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #27
Burym3ag 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 1122 1122
Nah Rolex Authorized Dealers only going to sell those hard to get watches to its VIP clients who drop alot of cash everytime. Daytonas, SS models etc. These watches also have an extensive Waitlist as their is a big supply and demand for them. When they come availible the AD will holler at their VIP clients if they want.

Grey Market is the resellers whoever they may be. The Rolex Authorize Dealers will NOT set up their own Grey Market to make profit. If they are Shady and caught by Rolex they will be banned from selling Rolex in their stores.

These watches have serial numbers so if one is sold and pops up on the Grey Market it will be easily traced. The AD will not risk their partnership with Rolex to make a cash profit in the Grey Market
+6   

3 weeks ago '13        #28
jjwms33 
space
space
space
$348 | Props total: 1057 1057
 Tiger Wood said
Is that worthwhile? Whatís a Rolex movement cost?
I suppose you could put an aftermarket dial in it covered in jewels for some tacky mf er, and sell for pretty good money.
Still a pretty good watch though if itís got Rolexís movement. I value that more than the Rolex case.
You are correct sir. The movement is what your paying for. Let's say someone buys a sub that's out of warranty and the gasket that makes it waterproof starts wearing, that watch could then be picked up for a relatively low price. Now what they sometimes do is take the movement that is still working and put it in another watch. Usually a real Rolex tho, sometimes fake. Sometimes they even put the movement in a real rolex that it doesnt belong in. Fakes are getting good. Most people can't tell until an AD opens with special tool. Even then he needs to know what to look for. This is a big issue. if u ever watch those pawn shows on TV they get got every now and then. If you know what you are looking for, u can find some deals at pawn shops, but honestly I dnt think I know enough about the movements and what the inside should look like in every watch to mess with em like that tho. You brought up a good point, If the watch has the same movement and quality, can it be sold cheaper, and is it worth it. In most cases no, and thank God because if this was the case, the watches wouldn't be worth what people are paying for them retail. People are paying over retail, but that's another discussion/thread in itself. There are instances when a person comes across a real movement and put it in a fake watch and also the opposite. They get a real watch and put a fake movement in it. And when I say fake I mean not a real in house Rolex movement. They usually put a cheaper ETA movement which is a good movement, but it is more mass produced, and watch brands that dnt make inhouse movements use either ETA or Valjoux movements which in return makes them less expensive. But yeah the reason Rolex, Ap, Patek and other brands can charge so much for watches are because you are paying for the development of the movement, the employees, (since a lot of the watch is put together by hand), and the materials ( Rolex has it's own gold foundry.) This why its 18k rose gold looks different than other 18k rose gold watches and jewelry. They call theirs everose gold because they say it should stay the rose gold color longer than the competition. They do it buy mixing gold and copper plus other alloys to make the color resist the fading that white fold and rose gold will eventually do. Gold is a strong element the other metals will eventually fade and you will start to see the true yellow color. This is something to consider when buying gold that you plan to pass down, and why pure yellow will always be my favorite. Also to be honest you do pay for the name as well. For example. Tudor is the what they call "sister brand of Rolex" same person created them they are both made in same factory by same people with mostly the same materials. The founder made Tudor for the common man who wanted luxury but didnt want to spend all his savings for watch. They used to be sold cheaper because they were technically Rolex, same materials, same factory. The only thing is they had an ETA movement in them instead of the inhouse movement, this is why they were more affordable. Didnt have to pay for labor and research. Now though, Tudor has inhouse movements starting about 3 years ago. So guess what, since they have inhouse movements made in factory with Rolex by same people. They are to me, the best option. They are also beautiful. Check out the Tudor black bay gmt pepsi, Tudor black bay bronze, and the Tudor black bay Harrods edition. I f I was a billionaire I would have rolexes but would also have these. To me there the best watches priced in th 3 grand to 6 grand range. Not cheap but compared to a 15,000 Rolex. I say it's a bargain. Hope this helps answer questions about watches, movements, and what you are paying for. Oh, rappers are on that after market flooded look. I would personally stay away from that. Maybe one watch with stones, but fads come and go, these watches have been loved and purchased in factory form for over a hundred years.
+10   

3 weeks ago '09        #29
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,716 | Props total: 2550 2550
I hope all you n*ggas in here saying yall got rolexs posting pictures
+4   

3 weeks ago '14        #30
xanaxandbeer 2 heat pts
space
space
$362 | Props total: 829 829
never thought id see archieluxury on here lol.
+3   

3 weeks ago '09        #31
iAM2 2 heat pts
space
space
$730 | Props total: 1551 1551

Last edited by iAM2; 06-01-2019 at 07:52 PM..

3 weeks ago '05        #32
blah blah blah 113 heat pts113
space
space
$33,555 | Props total: 48152 48152
 Taste Maker said
Bro I wonít lie to you. My friends dad is politician and watch collector. He told me it was place to go. He has over 2m in watches. I ordered 2 Rolex at same time. I got daydate 40 and yacht master. I wired the bread on a Friday and they faded my emails till Monday. I thought I got licked at first. Then Monday am I got call. He said he sent them. I read bad stories about people getting fakes or fake movements. I got a package on Tuesday that said it was coffee beans. I opened it and it was 2 brand new watches. I took them straight to Rolex dealer to get links out to get it sized. They checked it out it was legit. Authorized dealers size for free. I tipped 200. He told me it was 100% legit and all the collectors use them because they donít care about warranty. They donít wear them everyday. I was shook though at first, I wonít lie. Now I wonít go to anyone else. They hook sh*t up frfr. The owner is Ari. Iím about to grab a hublot on the low. You wonít regret it.
Respect big money. I really want a gold day date 40. Itís 32k on joma. Itís 30k here site looks legit:

3 weeks ago '04        #33
eazyvaboy 67 heat pts67
space
space
$4,468 | Props total: 16230 16230
 Taste Maker said
Ha, na I took to authorized dealer to get it sized. They legit. Everyone knows about joma..
Yeah, I take mine to this authorized dealer in Maryland. They'll inspect it and write you a certificate saying it is authenticate and how much it is worth for insurance purposes.

3 weeks ago '10        #34
shawntitan 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,220 | Props total: 1423 1423
 Taste Maker said
Bro I wonít lie to you. My friends dad is politician and watch collector. He told me it was place to go. He has over 2m in watches. I ordered 2 Rolex at same time. I got daydate 40 and yacht master. I wired the bread on a Friday and they faded my emails till Monday. I thought I got licked at first. Then Monday am I got call. He said he sent them. I read bad stories about people getting fakes or fake movements. I got a package on Tuesday that said it was coffee beans. I opened it and it was 2 brand new watches. I took them straight to Rolex dealer to get links out to get it sized. They checked it out it was legit. Authorized dealers size for free. I tipped 200. He told me it was 100% legit and all the collectors use them because they donít care about warranty. They donít wear them everyday. I was shook though at first, I wonít lie. Now I wonít go to anyone else. They hook sh*t up frfr. The owner is Ari. Iím about to grab a hublot on the low. You wonít regret it.
Can you have these serviced by Rolex without sending them back to Jomashop? Not repair/warranty work, just the regular services? Just curious.

2 weeks ago '04        #35
CentsCuZ 20 heat pts20
space
space
$11,425 | Props total: 2179 2179
Patek Philippe > Rolex

Rolex produces 800,000 Rolexes per year and 200,000 Tudor watches per year. And nearly every Rolex ever made is still in existence. These watches are not rare and are in a massive bubble.

Patek actually limits their production and will continue to rise in value.

2 weeks ago '12        #36
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,808 | Props total: 517 517
 shawntitan said
Can you have these serviced by Rolex without sending them back to Jomashop? Not repair/warranty work, just the regular services? Just curious.
Itís a real Rolex from Rolex, you can get them serviced or anything you want.

Warranty is just if you got a faulty movement which never happens, but if it did joma will get have Rolex fix it, you just have to use them instead of doing it yourself

2 weeks ago '12        #37
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,808 | Props total: 517 517
 blah blah blah said
Respect big money. I really want a gold day date 40. Itís 32k on joma. Itís 30k here site looks legit:

When you reach out and your serious they knock off a lil bit to give you deal. They price on the website gets you in the ballpark but they will knock that down. If itís a cheaper watch like 10k or less, or in high demand, like a no date sub, they wonít take off much, but if itís 30k or above they will take off 3-4 grand
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #38
blah blah blah 113 heat pts113
space
space
$33,555 | Props total: 48152 48152
 Taste Maker said
When you reach out and your serious they knock off a lil bit to give you deal. They price on the website gets you in the ballpark but they will knock that down. If itís a cheaper watch like 10k or less, or in high demand, like a no date sub, they wonít take off much, but if itís 30k or above they will take off 3-4 grand
Bet, Iím trynna get 1 this year. The Rolex store told me 37k, that mightíve been with tax too. Gold day date 40 with the champagne dial is what Iíve been looking at.

2 weeks ago '07        #39
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 1715 1715
Rolexes are meh.. Just bought a yacht-master rhodium last month, gorgeous looking watch. I wouldn't spend more than 15K on a Rolex, unless it's a Daytona.

2 weeks ago '18        #40
niruggg 63 heat pts63
space
space
$8,874 | Props total: 25165 25165
 Teddy KGB said
I have a Rolex. I'm not rich. Some Rolexes are expensive, but it's not one of the most expensive brands out there, it's probably just the most well-known luxury brand.
this, its not even the best watch

2 weeks ago '15        #41
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$15,860 | Props total: 50859 50859
 niruggg said
this, its not even the best watch
They are good for what they are meant to be. Very tough watches that are waterproof to great depths. But people hear Rolex and a*sume Most expensive. There are many Rolexes I canít afford, but you donít need to be rich to own one.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #42
niruggg 63 heat pts63
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
They are good for what they are meant to be. Very tough watches that are waterproof to great depths. But people hear Rolex and a*sume Most expensive. There are many Rolexes I canít afford, but you donít need to be rich to own one.

[pic - click to view]

all true, but I ain't forget
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #43
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$15,860 | Props total: 50859 50859
 niruggg said

[pic - click to view]

all true, but I ain't forget
Lol. Black Thought is that dude, but I can't put The Roots anywhere near A Tribe Called Quest in a one gotta go discussion.

2 weeks ago '18        #44
niruggg 63 heat pts63
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
Lol. Black Thought is that dude, but I can't put The Roots anywhere near A Tribe Called Quest in a one gotta go discussion.

[pic - click to view]

but I feel you
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #45
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
$1,478 | Props total: 2384 2384
 Taste Maker said
It’s a real Rolex from Rolex, you can get them serviced or anything you want.

Warranty is just if you got a faulty movement which never happens, but if it did joma will get have Rolex fix it, you just have to use them instead of doing it yourself
Not necessarily.
Some of their listings say “custom dial” which is sales speak for aftermarket dial.
If you sent that in to Rolex for service, they will chuck your dial and put in an authentic Rolex dial, and of course add that to the bill.
So, you’d be best getting it serviced by a 3rd party.
Rolex dont fux around with diy dials, bezels etc on “their” watches.they see it as copyright infringement.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #46
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,716 | Props total: 2550 2550
 CentsCuZ said
Patek Philippe > Rolex

Rolex produces 800,000 Rolexes per year and 200,000 Tudor watches per year. And nearly every Rolex ever made is still in existence. These watches are not rare and are in a massive bubble.

Patek actually limits their production and will continue to rise in value.
But what you can even afford

2 weeks ago '06        #47
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,870 | Props total: 350 350
 Taste Maker said
I didn't watch but based on what you mentioned you used the term grey market wrong. i'll explain..

In the US, you are correct they make them sell at msrp. this benefits the jewelry store so they don't undercut each other.

what the grey market is, is in other countries they don't have to sell at msrp. so what they do is have a jewelry store in another country and they buy directly from Rolex, then ship to the us and sell brand new for way under msrp.

Im sure people do what you were talking about as well but the grey market refers on how to get real rolexes for under msrp..

same with DSLRS and electronics i copped my 5dmk2 back in the day and it was a grey market cam sh*t was all in Japanese but shipped from australia

2 weeks ago '04        #48
ziggaman 
space
space
space
$359 | Props total: 401 401
Not sure about other cities in Canada or US, but in the 6 they have their retail price. Only idiots walk in and pay retail price plus tax. You can hustle the price down to as much as 25% below retail. This happens at all rolex licensed shops, comes wit warranty and all that. And you cant get around the tax, but you can massage it.
Me, i bought mine dt toronto, here the tax was 14 or 15 % at the time. I asked for the watch to be shipped out to Montreal where the tax is 5%, but i had to pay $500 for the brinks trunk drop off.
Aint gonna lie, felt like a million bucks waking up in the W hotel, walkin downstairs and collecting my package from a brinks truck. Amazing experience, and i wear the watch everyday.

2 weeks ago '16        #49
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
$1,478 | Props total: 2384 2384
 ziggaman said
Not sure about other cities in Canada or US, but in the 6 they have their retail price. Only idiots walk in and pay retail price plus tax. You can hustle the price down to as much as 25% below retail. This happens at all rolex licensed shops, comes wit warranty and all that. And you cant get around the tax, but you can massage it.
Me, i bought mine dt toronto, here the tax was 14 or 15 % at the time. I asked for the watch to be shipped out to Montreal where the tax is 5%, but i had to pay $500 for the brinks trunk drop off.
Aint gonna lie, felt like a million bucks waking up in the W hotel, walkin downstairs and collecting my package from a brinks truck. Amazing experience, and i wear the watch everyday.
Depends on the model.
The really popular ones like Batman, Pepsi, Coke GMT II , any special editions, etc you won’t get a dime off MSRP and you’ll be waiting for over a year to get it. The sports watches are really hot now and limited supply,
But ya, the less popular ones, you can get a good discount on. Less now
since the Canadian $ went back down though. There was more leverage a couple years ago when CAD was near par with USD.
But Tag, Omega etc only suckers pay MSRP.

Last edited by Tiger Wood; 06-05-2019 at 08:22 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #50
Hoodsta1e11 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,075 | Props total: 3580 3580
 jjwms33 said
Most are real. They just call grey market anything that is not sold by authorized dealer. If you know what your buying it's hard to be fooled. That's why I smh at rappers with fake watches. Just get them serviced. They must know they fake, but since they are rappers and they put aftermarket diamonds in em they think they can get away with it. Actually more than rappers do it. I saw a YouTube video of a car reviewer who drove a real Lamborghini but had a fake rollie thinking he could get by. I said something dnt look right about it. I could tell through the screen on my laptop. If a fake can have the same exact quality and movement and be sold for much less, you are getting hosed anyway.
sh*t you can touch a Rollie and tell if its Fake I dont see How anyone would fall for it
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
-37online now  46
Video inside They need to isolate Atlanta, yall niccas got radiation in yall water.
109 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+107online now  44
Image(s) inside Milf Bod
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  26
Jun 18 - Rep. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell - Reparations are not a g..
161 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+88online now  18
NBA 10 Things you Didn't Know About The 1996 Bulls
143 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy