Dont Let Bars Scan Your ID

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

4 weeks ago '05        #26
Double M Set 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,929 | Props total: 4687 4687
 eazyvaboy said
DING DING DING! This man gets it. This is part of a bigger Privacy argument. And IN before some idiot says you don't have to worry about it if you don't do anything wrong.

If they are using the information for any purpose other than just to verify your age, they have an obligation to let you know so you can have the choice to opt out.

For example, if a police pulls up behind you and runs your license plates, they should not be able to get information that indicates that you just came from a bar and use that information subjectively against you. Not saying it will be used that way but this is an example of what privacy advocates would be scared of.

Generally, you should want to know:

- What will the info be used for?
- How long will it be kept in the system?
- Who else will the data be made available to?
- What are the repercussions to refusing the collection of this data?

Just sayin.

Lambs Of The Slaughter Don’t Care Until They’re Scanning The ID And Executing Them Without Consent
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #27
default28 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,784 | Props total: 1432 1432
 Jarett718 said
Shoutout to the queen as ya Avi
yeah i'd nut in her

4 weeks ago '15        #28
TethNeb 
space
space
$155 | Props total: 386 386
 eazyvaboy said
DING DING DING! This man gets it. ...
Generally, you should want to know:

- What will the info be used for?
- How long will it be kept in the system?
- Who else will the data be made available to?
- What are the repercussions to refusing the collection of this data?

This is the exact type of system, that'll get hacked; and result in big losses, fraud, and years of pain. Your private information is just that.

Confirm age, only; no storage or cataloging or dissemination of information. They'll start finding these bar scans on the darkweb; being sold cheap, if they aren't already there.

And people will wonder why someone's using their info to buy game systems in Norway.
+3   

4 weeks ago '04        #29
nwking 76 heat pts76 OP
space
space
$4,870 | Props total: 6488 6488
 Army1st said
OP the title is misleading the use of that information is actually good I don't want to have to be worried about a dumbass trying to f*ght when they get too drunk. And yes that includes if I bar hop to another club in the area it's an actual great idea. Never got into a f*ght at the club/bar but I have definitely got a random chair thrown at me.
I don't think it's misleading when you got your ID scaned we're you presented with any documentation of what happens to the data pulled from your ID? Did you agree to be a part of database that is being created?

4 weeks ago '15        #30
Jarett718 
space
space
$2,498 | Props total: 9870 9870
 default28 said
yeah i'd nut in her
Who wouldn’t

4 weeks ago '04        #31
eazyvaboy 68 heat pts68
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 16307 16307
 TethNeb said
This is the exact type of system, that'll get hacked; and result in big losses, fraud, and years of pain. Your private information is just that.

Confirm age, only; no storage or cataloging or dissemination of information. They'll start finding these bar scans on the darkweb; being sold cheap, if they aren't already there.

And people will wonder why someone's using their info to buy game systems in Norway.
Exactly!

4 weeks ago '13        #32
wrecklessvlee 
space
space
space
$141 | Props total: 287 287
 nwking said
I don't think it's misleading when you got your ID scaned we're you presented with any documentation of what happens to the data pulled from your ID? Did you agree to be a part of database that is being created?
I'm trying to figure out where this is a problem... They didn't say anything about selling the information but saying they share the information with other bars with the same tech. If so.... Idgaf please keep those a*swipes away from me THE END. Take the tin foil off ya head if you were that rich you wouldn't hang at a bar no way you'd bring the bar to you or go in the back way. Scan ya damn ID and keep ya head cool you'll be fine

4 weeks ago '13        #33
wrecklessvlee 
space
space
space
$141 | Props total: 287 287
 eazyvaboy said
Exactly!
You say that and Target was where my info was stolen from.... What else you pussies gonna hide from? I have separate accounts(4) with just enough in all of them to keep the front getting declined plus I keep the bulk of it in saving without overdraft protection so if someone wants to go haywire with $300 be my guest it'll be in my account in 2 hours

4 weeks ago '17        #34
Rule 336 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,483 | Props total: 51927 51927
 Mystic said
Never forget Baggio is a pedophile
[pic - click to view]

Rico23 said
@ gonna have another crying mugshot sooner or later
@ is that chozen ones weirdo
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #35
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,009 | Props total: 5057 5057
 acefresh said
If you’re that belligerent where a bar says “we don’t want your money anymore”, then they’re doin you a favor by banning you all over. Get it together grouch. Get a job grouch.

[pic - click to view]

+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #36
eazyvaboy 68 heat pts68
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 16307 16307
 Army1st said
You say that and Target was where my info was stolen from.... What else you pussies gonna hide from? I have separate accounts(4) with just enough in all of them to keep the front getting declined plus I keep the bulk of it in saving without overdraft protection so if someone wants to go haywire with $300 be my guest it'll be in my account in 2 hours
You thankin real shallow fam. That's what they are counting on. You just thankin bout somebody takin a few hundred dollars in ya lil @ss accounts. That's the least. When someone uses your identify from that and opens a new line of credit that you didn't know about, then who you gonna call pu**y? You noy gonna know about it until about three months later when collection agencies start calling you about sh!t you have no idea about.

+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #37
Fantastic 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,556 | Props total: 8146 8146
 Poncho520 said
Also it filters under age and fake Ids. It's the digital equivalent of signing into a premises. It also counts the crowd so the establishment stay within fire requirements
Fake ids are 99.9% real. They just someone else’s.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #38
Poncho520 
space
space
$932 | Props total: 2550 2550
 Fantastic said
Fake ids are 99.9% real. They just someone else’s.
When I worked the door or bounced any fugazi ish I would request a second Id. If any doubt I just reject access without explanation. Better safe than sorry. I had one spot a underage chick was getting drunk with her older sister ID. I asked for the second ID. When she couldn't produce I kicked her out.

3 weeks ago '05        #39
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,096 | Props total: 5336 5336
if u dont do dumb sh*t , nothing to worried about

2 weeks ago '05        #40
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4962 4962
 ghost213 said
Most places are no scan no entry. They should have to destroy the data after a week or so. The fu*k they need my data for?
Big data is the currency of the future, for better and for worse

2 weeks ago '04        #41
RETURNOFTHEKING 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,189 | Props total: 10915 10915
I put electrical tape over the barcodes on the back of my id and drivers license. Walgreens and target won’t enter birthdate. They say they need to scan so I can’t buy liquor at those places.

2 weeks ago '11        #42
MACADEMICS 22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 5025 5025
In the UK they will now also contact the police if there is a warrant out for your arrest so they will come to the venue and arrest you on the premises. I met the guy who created the system funnily enough and he told that the feature was going live last year.

Did door work for 8 years in London. Don't miss that sh*t at all.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #43
astrotrain 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,955 | Props total: 920 920
Some of the bars around my way scan id and take your photo as well

5 days ago '13        #44
fredfiness 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,383 | Props total: 5421 5421
 Poncho520 said
When I worked the door or bounced any fugazi ish I would request a second Id. If any doubt I just reject access without explanation. Better safe than sorry. I had one spot a underage chick was getting drunk with her older sister ID. I asked for the second ID. When she couldn't produce I kicked her out.
How many people realistically walk around with a second ID?

4 days ago '05        #45
worldrecords 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 123 123
 worldrecords said
In vancouver Canada is has been used and effective for Gang activity and afiliates.. krganized crime ect. Also.. if someone happens to get a gun or knife in the place.... and Lord forbid, theyharm someone, it will be easier to track them down..them and affiliates .. they take an updated photo of you in the club as well.
yo johnnny where you at ? you still in Van city .holla at your boy i am in the Ridge

2 days ago '15        #46
grown simba 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,292 | Props total: 2159 2159

2 days ago '07        #47
Bighempin of QM 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,729 | Props total: 5684 5684
glad I don't go to bars anymore sh*ts racist as fu*k

2 days ago '15        #48
grown simba 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,292 | Props total: 2159 2159
 Bighempin of QM said
I don't think they were basing anything on skin tone. I'm pretty sure they were just looking up if people caused any trouble at the bar previously (or be a*sociated in any other nefarious incident) and, if so, they would possibly deny them entry.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think the actual bad part is them holding on to user data indefinitely.

2 days ago '07        #49
Bighempin of QM 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,729 | Props total: 5684 5684
 grown simba said
I don't think they were basing anything on skin tone. I'm pretty sure they were just looking up if people caused any trouble at the bar previously (or be a*sociated in any other nefarious incident) and, if so, they would possibly deny them entry.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think the actual bad part is them holding on to user data indefinitely.
Naw man thee ol your pants are to baggy line was a constant. It was getting so bad we would bring different outfits wit us if we where going to bars in South Bend.

23 hrs ago '17        #50
Wavie Crockett 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,255 | Props total: 3602 3602
 Bighempin of QM said
So all bars out to get Black people? Jesus christ you can't make up the perpetual victimhood of BXer's.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  18
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
194 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+125online now  12
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
94 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Game Theory: YOUTUBE IS KILLING GAMING!!!
47 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  6
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
311 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy