Chinese tech titan Huawei buys Russian facial recognition technology

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '15        #1
573 page views
5 comments

Putin~Work 3535 heat pts3535
space
space
$11,533 | Props total: 55209 55209
Chinese tech titan Huawei buys Russian facial recognition technology

Chinese telecom giant Huawei has purchased the intellectual property rights to facial recognition systems designed by a Russian developer and manufacturer of high-tech security technology.

Some employees of Moscow-based Vokord will also be transferred to Huawei as part of the $50-million agreement, according to sources close to the deal, as quoted by Vedomosti.

Huawei’s Russian subsidiary, along with Hong Kong-based Huawei Digital Technologies, will reportedly become the owners of the intellectual property rights for Vokord’s patents on face ID technology and equipment. The newly formed firm will reportedly be called Igl Softlab. The Russian unit of the enterprise is expected to own 99.99999 percent of the newly formed company.

Founded in 1999, Vokord designs software and programming solutions based on computer vision and intelligent video processing algorithms. The company focuses on facial recognition, Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR), video analytics and pattern recognition, video processing, and video enhancement. As of 2017, the company’s revenue totaled 113.2 million rubles (US$1.75 million).

The market for intelligent recognition systems has recently become a highly attractive sphere for investments, mergers, and takeovers. Earlier this year, London-based retail execution monitoring service BeMyEye announced plans to acquire Russian crowdsourcing and image recognition provider Streetbee. In April, Russian state-run Sberbank agreed to acquire a 51-percent stake in Speech Technology Center (STC) from Gazprombank.
visit this link https://www.rt.com/busine .. ussia-face-id/
+1   

5 comments for "Chinese tech titan Huawei buys Russian facial recognition technology"

3 weeks ago '05        #2
Fauby 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,272 | Props total: 11610 11610
There's a documentary about this Russian software I think on Netflix. sh*t is spooky.

You take a picture of anyone, upload it to Facebook, and it automatically tags the person, whether you know them/have them as friends or not.

3 weeks ago '15        #3
Putin~Work 3535 heat pts3535 OP
space
space
$11,533 | Props total: 55209 55209
 Fauby said
There's a documentary about this Russian software I think on Netflix. sh*t is spooky.

You take a picture of anyone, upload it to Facebook, and it automatically tags the person, whether you know them/have them as friends or not.
oh no way.. send dat

3 weeks ago '05        #4
Fauby 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,272 | Props total: 11610 11610
 BuyGold said
oh no way.. send dat
I'll try to find the video, it might have been on YouTube, but here's a link describing one of the companies that do it

+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #5
Boss870 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,923 | Props total: 1109 1109
im yet to hold a tight Huawei phone

1 week ago '10        #6
The Insomniac 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,551 | Props total: 3383 3383
Real life James Bond evil villain sh*t going on
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+123online now  14
Video inside “While yall were screaming oscars so white I went and built my own, I d..
94 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
Jun 24 - McDonald's started using fresh meat. Here's what happened to sales
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+58online now  11
Video inside Look At This Stank Ass Face This Hoe Gave This IG Thot Brittanya187
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
311 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy