online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

6 years ago '15        #1876
GrgeClrk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
Props total: 76363 76 K  Slaps total: 12804 12 K
 Papi said 🔗
Jay electronica wrote for hov.. The whole industry knows this

Jay electronica is actually write for almost everybody in roc nation
Come on son
emoji

6 years ago '15        #1877
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 133683 133 K  Slaps total: 17097 17 K
Irv Gotti produce ''Used Too Be My Dog" for DMX but he had no clue, he was gonna diss ja-rule.

Ja-Rule purposely grew his braids to avoid DMX comparison.

Jay-Z charged 750k for his song on the blue streak sound track.

No one at Def Jam was convinced DMX was a star. His barking & growling turned everyone off. And his video for ''get @ me dog" pissed off Tina Davis (a rep for the label) She cursed out irv for wasting the budget.

Dame Dash wasn't keen on DMX either. When he first saw him perform irv, lyor & him were going in lyor's car. For x's whole performance lyor was stone faced. When it was the 3 of them irv & lyor reacted in excitement...Dame replies

Ya'll think that's hot? Nobody wants to hear that. n1ggas wanna be like Jay. That n1gga sounds depressed.
Nas wasn't too fond of Pharrell when N.O.R.E introduced him. Because his shirt was too tight.

L.E.S. & Nas wrote/produced "Welcome To Miami"

That song is also the theme for miami.

Jermaine Dupri was so aww struck by Biggie & Jay-Z not writing their lyrics, he officially stopped writing his lyrics after money ain't a thing.

Money Ain't A Thing was also produced at jermanie's mother house.

50 has a thyroid condition hence why he puts on weight fast.

JD had the chance to sign ludacris & nelly.

Nas passed on We Gonna Make It & Alchemist was actually afraid to play the beat for DJ Premier. Because he used a clap instead of snare.

DMX actually performed for Lyor with his jaw wired shut prior to his offcial signing. In fact, he rapped so intensely & agressively during the freestyle the wires holding his jaw became unraveled by the time he was done.

RZA actually saved method man's life prior to their fame. RZA saw him going to the weed spot & begged him to come lay down a verse. Method Man, at the time, wasn't taking music serious. Eventually he convinced him to come along. That same night method man went to the same weed spot & heard someone he was close with ki1led.

Ja-Rule & Irv got a Tupac Sample from Suge Knight for free.
+4   

6 years ago '15        #1878
Fat Joe forced Big Pun to do his tounge twist rap in the deep cover.

B -REAL & Cypress Hill are actually Cuban, not Mexican.

2Chaniz owns homes in Atlanta & had a basketball scholarship. He graduated with a 4.0 GPA.

E40 got his nick name from chugging 40 oz & attended college for a year.

Gucci Mane was born in Alabama, he eventually moved to Atlanta in his youth.

Prince actually helped Havoc produced a record, for mobb deep.

Fat Joe had the chance to sign Eminem 6x.

Eminem & Kanye's favorite rapper is Mase.

Eminem is on the Lean Back remix because he heard mase verse.

Dr.Dre thought em was black when he first heard him rap on a mixtape.

Ice-T got 26k for his role in New Jack City. He finally got a million in the early 2000's for a movie that never came out.

Capone N Noreaga did a photoshoot with vibe once & wasn't aware of prop guns. They brought their own and it ended up going during the shoot.

Michael Jackson's favorite rapper was Biggie & was trying to work with before he died. He got his wish with his final studio album Invincible, on the song Unbreakable.

Me & Mr.Jones was written about Nas by Amy Winehouse. She openly admitted to having a crush on him & even mentions his daughter name in the song. They even share the same birthday.
+1   

6 years ago '15        #1879
Who Shot Ya was originally supposed to be an intro on Mary J. Bliege's Share My World. And feature Biggie, LL & Keith Murry. But the label felt the track was too hard. But biggie himself loved the loved beat, so he scrapped off Keith & LL and added a 2nd Verse.

LL' s Doing It was originally ment for biggie. He sat on the beat for awhile & forgot about it until Puffy called him asking for it back.

Quiet Storm was originally for Prodigy's HNIC & was an old beat havoc left alone. Chris Lighty, along with havoc heard it & thought they should use the song as a single.

The first time alchemist played beats for havoc & prodigy, they both coincidentally picked "The Realest" When one of them was with alchemist.

Pharrell ghost produced for teddy role.

The first time DJ envy met nas, he ran up to him out of excitement. Only to find out nas had a gun on at the time & proceeded to curse him out for running up to him.

Snoop actually saved nas from being shot when they first met. Nas was visiting LA & happened to be wearing red in a predominantly crip area. Nas saw snoop, hopped out a & ran over to him. Instinctively, snoop's people started reaching. But he had to explain to them it's only nas.
+4   

6 years ago '18        #1880
milkdudz 
Props total: 7567 7 K  Slaps total: 3111 3 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 LBoogie2122 said 🔗
more

few more rumors and facts
Eddie Murphy lets Johnny gill sleep in his bathhouse to this day because he's broke

Jaheim is in fact g@y, i hear he was spotted in atlanta arguing with his boyfriend over dropping his purse or something in the middle of the street
emoji
emoji
:thefu*k:

FACT: as if i had to tell u, i hear from an insider source that Queen Latifah is certified 100% dyke, she just hasent announced it yet

FACT: ghostface ki1la has a brother still living in staten island, poor, with hardly a pot to p1ss in, and no support from his well off brother, its true 'cause i used to kno him, names Brian

Kanye West produced some of THE best hits for bad boy back in the day and Deric D-Dot Angeletti was taking all the credit for production because kanye was under him-i heard this many times

I heard Lil kim's on/off boyfriend is a hardened ki1ler and tried to take out sombody in jersey i forget who, i think 50 cent

Artists who i heard were pus*y, most robbed more than twice
Busta Rymes
jazze phae
Nas
Dr. Dre
Shyheim from the wu
Mase(to the 20th power) got yapped for his chain at a knick game
emoji

Puff
Jermaine Dupri
camron(still my man tho)
stephon marbury got his chain yapped while takin a nap in his car in NY
Allen iverson's been robbed many times
i hear young buck did get his gunit chain yapped in chicago
emoji

DMX, i heard its all a front for image
of course Ja Rule and Irv, but i heard irv's brother holds massive weight
50's hood but i hear he has NO thorough backup
Snoop lost his juice, but is backed by the crips only because he makes songs to crip to.
Jadakiss

Artists i heard were thorough and why
Styles p- one news story i heard is that somebody tried to rob him back during the free the lox campaign, shot the man DEAD and got off on self defense

Cormega-I've heard for YEARS this cat has sh*t on lock in some places in brooklyn and queens

Ghostface & Cappadonna- Reason ghostface wore a mask in the early days is because he was wanted for robbery when the wu 1st blew up, Cappadonna owned some drug houses here on Staten island for a little while after he got money, i dont know if they're still in business

Fat Joe- i dont know any real stories but i hear things

Game-only what i hear from HIS camp, he's been shot 5 times in the chest they say.

Cashmoney CEO's Brian and Baby Williams have a brother who's LEGENDARY in new orleans, now serving 500 some odd years in jail for various murders, this is true, they do have a bro in jail who is hardcore and a lifer
Game is thorough cuz he got shot 5times in the chest?...

6 years ago '16        #1881
bxing 
Props total: 1742 1 K  Slaps total: 567 567
Freestyling was synonymous with freeform, it didn't originally mean "off the top".

Rappers during Jay z era would recite rhymes without counting bars and battling consisted of elaborately rapping about how flashy or bad you were not tearing down your opponent
+2   

6 years ago '15        #1882
Paula Patton used too help Robin write songs. She went by "max hatter" due to her middle name being maxine & max sounding like a guy's name.

The night biggie died shaq & him had the chance to switch cars.

Ms. Jackson is was actually an apology to Erykah Badu & her Mother.

The Dungeon Family used too do cardio together, so they wouldn't run out of breath during performances.

Musiq has a lazy eye, due to being stabbed in his eye as a child. Hence forth the reason why, he always wears glasses.
+2   

6 years ago '15        #1883
Lapdance by N.E.R.D was produce for nas. But pharrell never had the chance to give it to him.

Big Pun's verse for banned from TV was accidentally laid down, because during the recording session he snuck in & laid a verse. But N.O.R.E liked it so much he decided to keep it.

The beat for that song is actually looped. Because all the artist who heard it, wouldn't let the original part finish. So swizz just looped it.

Nature also wrote his verse in less than 5 mintues.

The vocals you hear for "Jigga, My n1gga'' on the chorus are actually done by Eve.

Swizz is originally from Atlanta.

Sticky Fingaz & Freddo Star come African American & Asian backgrounds.

Miguel is black & Mexican.

DMX wasn't fond of RR anthem when he first heard it.

During the No Way Out Tour Jadakiss developed gambling habit. It got so bad, when the biggie tribute came on, he would rush out of dice game to lay his verse only end up falling on stage during the process.

Sheek & Styles had to talk jada out of going down to hot 97 & shooting up the place. While beans & state property was on air dissing them. He claims that's maddest he's ever been, to the point where he was crying.
+5   

6 years ago '13        #1884
Dilla Deaf 
Props total: 1574 1 K  Slaps total: 76 76
 YoSoyFiesta said 🔗
About Big Pun supposedly hitting Jay-Z over the head with a bottle..

So here's some backstory, I'm from Boston but my fam is originally from the Bronx and I have an uncle who still lived out there while I was growing up so I used to go to his crib on Fox Ave in the South Bx every year from 99-07. In 01' or 02' I remember leaving the crib with my uncle to go to the movies or some sh*t and there was this Puerto Rican dude just kinda posted on the block and my Unc for some reason was mad excited to introduce me to him, so he introduces me and tells me how this dude used to run with Pun & Joe & the rest of Terror Squad but as soon as we walk away my Unc tells me "that niqqa right there smashed a Cristal bottle over Jay-Z's head in the club, left him bloody in VIP." I was like 11 years old so I was like oh sh*t for real? My Unc confirmed and I never thought that this knowledge would be useful but here I am lol.

So basically, I'm not sure Big Pun did it himself or the niqqa I met in 02' did it, either way it seems like Jigga got roughed up by some Rican niqqas from the Bronx.

Thought the story went it was Lance "Un" Riveria?

6 years ago '18        #1885
Jspanners89 
Props total: 41 41  Slaps total: 3 3
 LBoogie2122 said 🔗
sommore

-Rza and ki1lah Sin and another fam member went to see 50 perform after How To Rob and 50 got wind of them being there and dipped backstage and didn't perform, I have heard this one several times.

-Redman Smacked Prodigy around the time Hell On Earth was out b/c he was dissing Keith and Def Squad.

-A member of Wu got jumped at Suge's club in Las Vegas and Pac didn't like the way it went down and told Suge to squash the beef and he agreed outta respect.

*****EDIT*****I thought it was keith that snuffed P out in front of his people at the Tunnel.(shrugs)

-When Nas came to Boston around 94/95 somebody in RSO Crew (possibly Benzino) walked up to Nas and sonned him by knocking his baseball cap off of his head.

-Freddie Foxxx went to Landspeed records like 200 deep in order to get the money they owed him.

-Kool Herc was shot around 78 or something.

-Grandmaster Caz wrote Rappers Delight.

-Pharrel use to carry records around for Teddy Riley.

-Benzino forced Mays to give him part ownership of the source. There are legends of Benzino and his people tying up Mays in his own closet.

-Benzino actually one of the main reasons why Boston had such a small homicide rate in the late 90's, the Feds put UC's on every block and had a lot crazy ish going on so Benzino got a lot of the heads of the bigger gangs together to unite so that not everyone get locked up. That saw the murder lessen and the Boston police taken credit for "doing away with crime in a big city".

-Freddie Foxxx did put Benzino in check on tour with the Flava Unit. Benzino was acting up and Foxxx pulled something out.

-The entire city of Boston was blacklisted back in the day by the industry due to crowds and Boston rappers and thugs attending shows just to cause problems. Every rapper from Audio Two to Biggie had either a bottle smashed across their head on stage or their show cancelled due to a shooting. To this day very few rappers do shows in the Boston hoods because of it.

-MF Grimm was not only suppose to be on Live at the BBQ, but his joint with Kool G Rap or 4, 5, 6 was suppose to be the lead single but he was arrested again and G Rap went with the joint with Nas.

-Grimm also admitted that he came in third at the World Supremecy battle in 93, losing to SuperNat who won but that he was also involved in a shooting earlier in the day.

-Mf Grimm was held on trial for the murder of a cop.

-Everyone in CashMoney has done at least 2 years in prison I believe.

-A boston beatboxer by the name of A-Train is said to have beaten BizMarkie, Dana Dane, and K-solo in a battle back in 88.

-Jay-z was told by Scarface to change Reasonable Doubt because he actually named names of dealers.

-Fat Joe gave Guru a place to live for awhile.

-Guru didnt leave boston in the best of terms which is why the early of stages of his carrear boston did not play a big part. Gang Starr originally started in Boston and had a few emcees in it. Guru left for NY and took the name without people knowing.

-Rakim was still in high school when paid in full dropped.

-JT the bigga Figga returned Nas chain to him when it got stolen in cali

-suge beating the sh*t out of snoop's/ dre homies cause they were using that phone that harry o had an exclusive phone line... and the dudes saying saying to suge "hey we roll wit dr. dre"! first sign of dre holding no weight

-LL Cool J was cool with Alpo and many other rappers had drug ties then.

-Tupac did have some of his enemies ki1led.

-Eazy-E was from a very middle cla$s family so was Ice cube they weren't thugs

-Some people in Death Row got r@ped in the building.

-Suge doesnt like game because he expose some of Death Row business (stuff about Harry-O) and because he is not really blood.

-The reason Sheek wasn't around much after LOX split from Bad boy cause he was clearing up cases he had.

-The real reason Mase left hip hop & Harlem is because of heavy extortion, not an epiphany from god
Who did pac have ki1led apart from stretch?

6 years ago '17        #1886
GusThatGoGetta 
Props total: 447 447  Slaps total: 73 73
Why did lil cease say he rocked with Eminem in letter to B.I.G.?

5 years ago '16        #1887
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 103545 103 K  Slaps total: 12008 12 K
n1gga

5 years ago '15        #1888
Havoc & his crew had intentions on jumping prodigy when they first met him. But that plan was scarpped after prodigy, helped havoc in a fight after school. And from there is how their bond started.

Chris Lighty used too scream at Qtip, for always tweaking tribe albums at the kast minute.

RZA laid out a 5 year plan for all members of the wutang clan in which he promised all them success, if he had control.

RZA purposely pushed method man to be the first to drop. He had each member labeled with an appeal, and meth was the heartthrob.

Despite their associations with russell, RUN DMC was never signed to Def Jam.

Manio is cousin's with Huggy Bear aka Dupree, from the wayns brothers.

Schoolboy Q was born in Germany.

Tommy Hilfiger personally approached Raekwon himself and asked him to model.
+2   

5 years ago '15        #1889
The first time busta rhymes met prodigy, he threw a box at him by accident.

Prodigy's great-great grandfather discovered morehouse college.

50's shooter was mike tyson's body guard.

George Clinton's atomic dog is a beat that's played backwards.

That song has been sampled over 300 times, with ice cube being the leader using it 8x

He also hasn't recieved any payment from the samples.

Rick James was against MC Hammer sampling his music, until he got his first check from it.

When rick james used to throw parties, jim brown's daughter used to come along. Which would cause her father trying to find her, and in return, causing rick to hide.

DJ Paul calls his deformed arm, his baby bi*ch hand.

5 years ago '15        #1890
Kid Cudi's mother is a school teacher.

The first time Ghost & Rae heard about nas was from a groupie experience in London.

When maino come home from jail, he was beating up & threatening DJs to play his music.

Jim Jones father was a heroin addict.

R.Kelly & Master P both had brief NBA careers.

Dave East had a brief career in college ball.

It Ain't Over, Till It's Over by Lenny Kravitz, was a tribute to his spouse at time, Lisa Bonet.

Kevin Parker of Tame Impala encouraged Rihanna to cover the band's song "New Person, Same Ol Mistakes"

Sparkle did background vocals for aaliyah's first album.

Last edited by SSJ4 Goku; 01-28-2019 at 09:15 PM..
+1   

5 years ago '15        #1891
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 8003 8 K  Slaps total: 380 380
 MightyHealthy2 said 🔗
The first time busta rhymes met prodigy, he threw a box at him by accident.

Prodigy's great-great grandfather discovered morehouse college.

50's shooter was mike tyson's body guard.

George Clinton's atomic dog is a beat that's played backwards.

That song has been sampled over 300 times, with ice cube being the leader using it 8x

He also hasn't recieved any payment from the samples.

Rick James was against MC Hammer sampling his music, until he got his first check from it.

When rick james used to throw parties, jim brown's daughter used to come along. Which would cause her father trying to find her, and in return, causing rick to hide.

DJ Paul calls his deformed arm, his baby bi*ch hand.
George Clinton was also on a heavy crack binge when he recorded that track according to him.
+1   

5 years ago '15        #1892
 Eternal Outlaw said 🔗
George Clinton was also on a heavy crack binge when he recorded that track according to him.
Yup! I watched the mike judge show about it. That sh1t broke my heart to hear that. A classic record with a solid beat & he won't see not one cent from. Super foul.
emoji
+4   

5 years ago '15        #1893
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 8003 8 K  Slaps total: 380 380
 MightyHealthy2 said 🔗
Yup! I watched the mike judge show about it. That sh1t broke my heart to hear that. A classic record with a solid beat & he won't see not one cent from. Super foul.
emoji
he doesn't own his publishing?

5 years ago '15        #1894
 Eternal Outlaw said 🔗
he doesn't own his publishing?
For that song specifically, no.
+1   

5 years ago '14        #1895
Jerseyboy715 
Props total: 1192 1 K  Slaps total: 110 110
 MightyHealthy2 said 🔗
The ticking sound you hear on the intro of shook ones pt2 is the start of a stove. Havoc produced the entire track in his kitchen.

Prodigy's verse for LA,LA is actually in Nas's Live n1gga Rap

GFK used too wear mask due to having warrants.

GFK cheked himself into a hospital for what he thought was an STD, due to years of having unprotected s3x. But it turned out he was a diabetic.

Mariah Carey's first husband used too get jealous she hung around with the likes of puffy & mase.

Puffy actually wasn't to keen on working with Mariah when he first met her, because he felt she was wack.

Ice T's daughter was pulled out of school by the FBI, when he released cop ki1ler.

Dame Dash actually got N.O.R.E a bigger budget, before he signed to Roc-A-Feller, after he cursed out Kevin Lies & saw what N.O.R.E was getting compared to everyone's at the label.

Prodigy & his crew waited for dame outside his building, a few days after Jay did his summer jam. He kept telling dame to come downstairs but he kept sending his assistant.

Havoc went to N.O.R.E birthday party a few years ago while he was signed to g-unit....fat joe just happened to be there as well.

Alchemist used too be in a rap group called the whooligans

Big Pun was the one who convinced Tony Sunshine, to sing some of lyrics for "100%" in Spanish.

The trademark sound of baby laughter, in timberland's produced older tracks, is the sound of aaliyah from when she was a baby.
That’s not Aaliyah that’s a sample.... that just made me question ur other “facts”

🔗

Last edited by Jerseyboy715; 02-11-2019 at 05:59 PM..
+6   

5 years ago '18        #1896
Bsbrecords 
Props total: 14707 14 K  Slaps total: 4102 4 K
[Damn

5 years ago '15        #1897
 Jerseyboy715 said 🔗
That’s not Aaliyah that’s a sample.... that just made me question ur other “facts”

↪🔗
Timberland said so himself.

5 years ago '14        #1898
Jerseyboy715 
 MightyHealthy2 said 🔗
Timberland said so himself.

I posted the sample already, nothing to debate

5 years ago '15        #1899
 Jerseyboy715 said 🔗
I posted the sample already, nothing to debate
Dude, i'm not about to do this. You want your props then by all means, but don't sit up here & tell me what he told me himself. Met him for a meet & greet for the first shock value album in NY and he told me himself he used her cooing laughter for samples. Really not trying to make a spectacle of this.

5 years ago '14        #1900
Jerseyboy715 
 MightyHealthy2 said 🔗
Dude, i'm not about to do this. You want your props then by all means, but don't sit up here & tell me what he told me himself. Met him for a meet & greet for the first shock value album in NY and he told me himself he used her cooing laughter for samples. Really not trying to make a spectacle of this.

U saying all that ... but ur wrong lol end of story
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3319
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
280 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5115
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+419
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+566
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food