Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #481
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,942 | Props total: 11685 11685
 Sincere730 said:
Obviously McQuerrey has dirt on PSU thas y he has his job
He's the key fu*kin witness

They fire him now he's on 60 minutes within the hour
spilling the beans on EVERYBODY

The highers ups at PSU do not want that

& Paterno is nothing but a mascot

He was expendable becuz of his popularity
He's all over the media to cause confusion
Dude has 2 rings in 50 yrs how legendary is that
cosign:iagree:
 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM         #482
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sincere730 said:
Obviously McQuerrey has dirt on PSU thas y he has his job
He's the key fu*kin witness

They fire him now he's on 60 minutes within the hour
spilling the beans on EVERYBODY

The highers ups at PSU do not want that

& Paterno is nothing but a mascot

He was expendable becuz of his popularity
He's all over the media to cause confusion
Dude has 2 rings in 50 yrs how legendary is that
n*gga you cant be on boxden telling the truth

6 years ago '10        #483
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
 Sivraj said:
It's a shame how a legend went out like this. It's real sad how somebody's wrongdoing can be your downfall
he allowed it to be his downfall.
 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM         #484
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Talk about your ultimate backfire. Click on the letter sent out.
 6 years ago '10        #485
Withit 1 heat pts
space
space
$533 | Props total: 0 0
 dtown1759 said:
I have to get this off my chest.

To the remaining morons who are still somehow defending or apologizing on the behalf of JoePa:

Are you nuts?

The issue at hand here is NOT one involving Paterno's actions, as he did fulfill his minimum legal obligations. The issue is regarding his INACTION, the fact that he blatantly and knowingly neglected an eye witness report of Jerry Sandusky raping a young boy. All of his accomplishments and contributions now will be stained with this. For a man who preached integrity, character, valor, honor it is all the more outrageous that in the biggest test of his life he failed to do the right thing. Miserably. This is not a matter of the public holding JoePa to a higher standard than they would anyone else (which we should, by the way) It is basic human decency 101.

As for the "limited information" defense of Paterno, that went out the window the second he released the statement saying "with hindsight, I wish i had done more." This in itself is an admission of guilt, of sorts. Ironically, this is the only part of anything that he's said all week which I halfway applaud him for owning up to. Additionally, the fact that Paterno came to know of inappropriate touching as it was described to be "horsing around, groping, touching, and fondling" or whatever the senile old man wants to talk himself into to make himself seem like teh less guilty party in today's statement is STILL a red flag for Paterno and should have been a call for action. Since when is fondling and groping young boys not a felony? Just because sodomy was not mentioned in the eyewitness statement does not absolve him of his social responsibility, and it is insulting to the country and do s3xual abuse victims everywhere that he is even considering using this as a defense for himself..

Paterno was an enabler for Sandusky, and how McQuery's eyewitness account didn't weigh on his "clean" conscience that everyone talks about, enough to push him to at least do a basic follow up with law enforcement is beyond reason and indefensible. It is very easy to offer a 1-liner about prayers in the names of tee victims whos lives he perpetuated the ruining of. That does not make anything right.The $4 million dollar donation and library pales in comparison to the damage done to the victims and their families. He could donate his entire life's earnings to the school and it still would not rectify his wrongdoings. He will forever have to live with the knowledge that he could have prevented so many kids from being molested by this perpetrator, and rightfully so. And for that, In my opinion, he deserves every last bit of scrutiny, criticism, embarrassment, and karma that he has brought upon himself, his family, and Penn State University. This was not a mistake. Perhaps a lapse in judgement. But the fact that he had 9 years to make it right and chose to protect his friend is grotesque and reprehensible.

I am not rejoicing and celebrating the end of Paterno's run as a coach, as clearly his contributions are immeasurable to the University. I am happy that justice was at least partially served, and the fact that the board of trustees called him out on the audacity of his "end of the season retirement" pledge. The board was not in the wrong to fire him over the phone as of the moment this egomaniac unilaterally decided to try and dictate the terms of his exit without contacting his superiors, the board, the University, or anyone for guidance. How did he not realize the magnitude of what he had done, which was enabling the single largest crime scandal in college sports history? He was clearly living in a bubble and oblivious to the outrage that had swept through the nation. Perhaps he was beseiged by the blind love and support that he was getting from Happy Valley, but it was clear to the nation and I from the time he released the statement that "At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status" was wishful thinking.

You give me hope that the world isn't totally sh*t and evil..

I agree man
 6 years ago '05        #486
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
Damn 9 more victims have come forward since the story broke, rumor is he preyed on black kids through his foundation. This is never ending.......Sandusky jusy needs to :hang: nah I rather see him rot in solitary confinement for life.
 6 years ago '06        #487
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18790 18790
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:
Damn 9 more victims have come forward since the story broke, rumor is he preyed on black kids through his foundation. This is never ending.......Sandusky jusy needs to :hang: nah I rather see him rot in solitary confinement for life.
yeah, I keep hearing ppl say that the majrity of the victims were black boys...

man, what an evil, vile a.ss, piece of sh*t...

in following how this story is developing however, it looks like there might be more criminal charges that come down the pipeline... as well there should be...

Joe Pa is def. someone here that should be looked at and highly scrutinized... highly.. there really is no excuse for his neglect in this case and that Mcquerry fu*k is even worse...

let's see how this develops, or if the power and influence of Penn State wins out again...
 11-11-2011, 01:56 PM         #488
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so how is this dude on bail... why arn't we burning n*ggas house down>?
 11-11-2011, 02:29 PM         #489
jordanshoes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First off let me say that no sports story has ever made me so sick, angry and sad. It goes without saying that I feel terrible for the victims.

But the media has turned this story into one about Joe Paterno and have crucified him for this. Nearly no one is defending Joe Pa so I feel the need to.

Too many ignorant comments in here to address them all, but clearly many people do not know the history of Penn State or Joe Paterno very well. Paterno has arguably had the most integrity of any coach for 46 years. As much as people are being short-sighted right now, The Grand Experiment and Success with Honor have been true for the Penn State football team because of Paterno. He's donated millions to the school and has put his heart and soul in the university and helping the kids every day for 60 years. Joe Paterno made Penn State what it is today. If the past week has made you forget who Joe Paterno has been his entire life besides this one mistake, read this story from 1986: .

That being said, Paterno deserves the benefit of the doubt. It is completely disrespectful of the media to seemingly jump to the conclusion that this was a coverup that Paterno orchestrated. I read the Grand Jury testimony first before I read any of the opinions of the media about the story. My first thoughts were that there was a lot missing from the story and many more facts were needed about the conversations between McQueary, Paterno, Curley, and Schultz. I am still waiting for more facts to come out before I pass my judgement. And yes I am giving Joe Paterno the benefit of the doubt, hes earned it over the past 60 years.

Obviously Paterno was in the wrong regardless of what exactly was said he could have done more. But if he wasnt told details by McQueary I can not blame Paterno that much. Put yourself in his shoes at a different career. You have been working at a company your entire life and someone who just started tells you that the person you have trusted most for over 20 years was s3xually a.ssaulting a young boy. Anyone who didnt doubt him would be disloyal and is lying. You report it to your superiors. And not defending it but I'm guessing a lot of people wouldnt have the guts to approach their lifelong friend they have always trusted and questioned him whether or not he s3xually a.ssualted a child. But Paterno should have done more, he holds himself to a higher standard.

Before the media jumped on this, even after reading the GJ Report most people didnt think Paterno should have been fired. But the media loves to see a good person fall and Paterno had no chance after they turned against him. If it wasnt clear that the media got Paterno fired, why was McQueary still scheduled to coach this weekend until just yesterday. What he failed to do is much worse than Paterno. The whole situation is terrible but the media has made it about Paterno and you would think he was the one that r*ped the boys.

Thanks Joe Pa for always being a great example and stand up human being every other time for 60 years.
 6 years ago '04        #490
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 jordanshoes said:
Thanks Joe Pa for always being a great example and stand up human being every other time for 60 years.
Not going to address the rest of your points because I already did , but I'd like to point out the fact that this statement in itself is a joke. What good is PREACHING integrity, success with honor, and character for your whole career if in the biggest test of all, he shrunk into a man of no principle to protect his friend who was committing these heinous acts? He deserves everything that comes his way. It may not be his fault that Sandusky molested and r*ped the kids, but it unquestionably was his fault for allowing it to happen for 9 years.

And everyone in the media and around the country agrees that McQuery should be jobless. The best theory as to why he is still employed, as was aforementioned in this thread, is that he holds very damaging information about the PSU staff which he is threatening to release if he is fired. This could be something like the specifics of what he told Paterno (could contradict Joe's account, making him permanently remembered as a scumbag) or could be something way worse. Only time will tell.

Last edited by torious; 11-11-2011 at 03:20 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #491
bran 146 heat pts146
space
space
$3,186 | Props total: 4 4
 jordanshoes said:

And not defending it but I'm guessing a lot of people wouldnt have the guts to approach their lifelong friend they have always trusted and questioned him whether or not he s3xually a.ssualted a child. But Paterno should have done more, he holds himself to a higher standard.
If thats REALLY your friend should be able to check him on anything and any situation no matter what it is aint nobody trying to hear that bullsh*t. Joe Pa shoulda approached him like "I heard blah blah blah what's up?'"
 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM         #492
jordanshoes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dtown1759 said:
Not going to address the rest of your points because I already did , but I'd like to point out the fact that this statement in itself is a joke. What good is PREACHING integrity, success with honor, and character for your whole career if in the biggest test of all, he shrunk into a man of no principle to protect his friend who was committing these heinous acts?
And you know for a fact he was protecting his friend? We have no idea what was said in the meetings yet. Let the facts come out before you jump to conclusions.

One of the best articles written about the whole scandal from a man who likely is the best authority to comment on the story at the moment:

6 years ago '04        #493
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
double post, see below*

Last edited by torious; 11-12-2011 at 08:36 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #494
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
OK, let me address this again.

Your "limited information" defense of Paterno went out the window the second he released the statement saying "with hindsight, I wish i had done more." This in itself is an admission of guilt, of sorts. Ironically, this is the only part of anything that he's said all week which I halfway applaud him for owning up to.You want FACTS? Here you go. In 2010, Paterno testified in front of the grand jury that "Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky." Now he is coming out and saying that it was described to him as "horsing around, groping, touching, and fondling" or whatever the senile old man wants to talk himself into to make himself seem like teh less guilty party. These words STILL should have been a red flag for Paterno and should have been a call for action. Since when is Horsing around, groping, and fondling boys not a felony? Just because sodomy was not mentioned in the eyewitness statement does not absolve him of his social responsibility, and it was insulting to the country and do s3xual abuse victims everywhere that he was even considering using this as a defense for himself yesterday.

I am not rejoicing and celebrating the end of Paterno's run as a coach, as clearly his contributions are immeasurable to the University. I am happy that justice was at least partially served, and the fact that the board of trustees called him out on the audacity of his "end of the season retirement" pledge. The board was not in the wrong to fire him over the phone the moment this egomaniac unilaterally decided to try and dictate the terms of his own exit without contacting his superiors, the board, the University, or anyone for guidance, after enabling the single largest crime scandal in college sports history. He was clearly living in a bubble and oblivious to the outrage that had swept through the nation. Perhaps he was beseiged by the blind love and support that he was getting from happy valley, but it was clear to me and most of the country from the time he said it that "At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status" was wishful thinking.

And as for the homer who wrote that article, I agree with him that
1. I think Joe Paterno had the responsibility as a leader and a man to stop the horrific r*pes allegedly committed by Jerry Sandusky, and I believe he will have regrets about this for the rest of his life.

2. Because of this, Joe Paterno could no longer coach at Penn State University.\

... Joe Paterno is responsible for what happens on his watch. Period.
Beyond saying that, there is really not much more to say. If you agree with the things he said, then you have no point to make with me. Think about the contradiction he is making. On one hand, he says that Joe Paterno could not coach any more at Penn State University. Yet JoePa pledged to finish out the season. If he would have been asked to resign by the board immediately, people around the country likely would have been even more appalled, and it would have prolonged the sideshow that was surrounding JoePa's continued employment. It would have come to an unceremonious and abrupt end either way, so why not just get him out and start the damage control?

And as for the author's argument that the media is painting Paterno as the scapegoat. How can you fault them? Sandusky is clearly the the villain. But there is collateral damage involved in this. Graham Spanier as president for a long time is out. But we don't know his name. Nobody is going to sit here and dissect the legacy of a president. We're talking about an ICON in Joe Paterno, now gone. Nobody in the media ever heard a thing about Graham Spanier's integrity, Tim Curley's honor or even Jerry Sandusky's "clean" record. The only person we seemed to know on anything close to a personal level was Paterno. What did you expect to happen?

There will be a lot of people who will lose their jobs because of this. Why Tim Curley still is employed is beyond me. Same with McQuery.

The only logical theory that I've come up with as to why they are keeping McQuery is that he has incriminating info about the staff which he is holding hostage in exchange for his job. If the info is the specific details of what he told Paterno in 2002, that would explain why Pa decided not to release his "fondling, groping.. no mention of sodomy" statement he was going to yesterday. I am aware that these statements are my opinions and have not been validated, just theories.
 6 years ago '04        #495
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
Also, for those asking why the kids or the families didn't all come out earlier with their accusations against Sandusky, offered some insight on the dynamics of why this happened.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
90 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
41 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
54 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy