May 14 - Georgia's governor vetoes a bill for elementary schools to have recess every day

most viewed right now
15 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
+19  127
26 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '15        #26
RIPrjacks23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,982 | Props total: 7410 7410
 Hotep11 said
Of course she wouldnt, lol shes all about control

This has nothing to do with recess or Kmps feeling on recess. Its about limiting government control.

Did you even read the article?

"This local control allows school boards to set these policies based on a thorough understanding of day-to-day educational operations as well as regular interaction with administrators, educators, families, and students," Kemp said.
"House Bill 83 would dramatically restrict this local control, stripping long-held authority from school boards," he added. "While I support expanded recess opportunities for Georgia's students, I am a firm believer in local control, especially in education."

Take the issue up with the local boards as it should be.

But not surprised at all at the Boxden commie gang advocating for more government control haha

Yeah, it's super bad to have mandatory recess for schools kids...dumbass

1 month ago '19        #27
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$628 | Props total: 524 524
 RIPrjacks23 said
Yeah, it's super bad to have mandatory recess for schools kids...dumbass
Youre a dumbass if you think this stops and start with just recess moron.

Tell me again, why you want the government you hate, to have more power of local policies?

You can easily approach any local school board and advocate for mandatory recess in that jurisdiction

1 month ago '15        #28
RIPrjacks23 9 heat pts
space
space
 Hotep11 said
Youre a dumbass if you think this stops and start with just recess moron.

Tell me again, why you want the government you hate, to have more power of local policies?

You can easily approach any local school board and advocate for mandatory recess in that jurisdiction
Is this one of those fallacies I read about LOL. We are talking about mandatory exercise for school aged kids here, somehow, this is bad to you....stop making things up, dumbass...

1 month ago '16        #29
TrillPeez 12 heat pts12
space
space
$10,460 | Props total: 25542 25542
 Hotep11 said
and nothing will change with your kids. He is vetoing because he feels the decisions on recess and other school procedures should be decided by the local government, not the state. 3

"This local control allows school boards to set these policies based on a thorough understanding of day-to-day educational operations as well as regular interaction with administrators, educators, families, and students," Kemp said.
"House Bill 83 would dramatically restrict this local control, stripping long-held authority from school boards," he added. "While I support expanded recess opportunities for Georgia's students, I am a firm believer in local control, especially in education."
Eh...this makes me not care lol. Thanks
+2   

1 month ago '19        #30
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 RIPrjacks23 said
Is this one of those fallacies I read about LOL. We are talking about mandatory exercise for school aged kids here, somehow, this is bad to you....stop making things up, dumbass...
you clearly cant comprehend.

This has nothing to do with exercise and everything to do with control.

Whats wrong with letting the local school board deciding whats right for their students instead of the state government lol

I would a*sume most school boards would want their kids to exercise, the ones that dont, protest until there is change.

I mean, one would a*sume, you would want people who live in the area to make the decisions but ay thats me.

1 month ago '17        #31
yousabitch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,908 | Props total: 7041 7041
 Hotep11 said
Yes, how dare the Governor want to let the local boards decide what's best for their students haha

Judging by your racist post history and ignorant comment , I would think, you would want the white politicians running your state to have less control, not more.

Like what is wrong with him vetoing this? He wants the local board to decide whats best for their students, not the state.

Vetoing the bill does not mean vetoing recess haha Here is is the quote sionce you clearly didnt read the article.

LOCAL CONTROL is the key issue.

Racist? lmao i'm a minority you jackass....and i stand by what I said..Red states are run by a bunch of quacks

1 month ago '19        #32
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 yousabi*ch said
Racist? lmao i'm a minority you jackass....and i stand by what I said..Red states are run by a bunch of quacks
Obviously, your hate for white folks doesnt go unnoticed...Minorities cant be racist?

most states are run by quacks, red & blue.

even more reason to support these vetoes so that the decisions stay local and not decided by the state.

1 month ago '15        #33
RIPrjacks23 9 heat pts
space
space
 Hotep11 said

Whats wrong with letting the local school board deciding whats right for their students instead of the state government lol

I would a*sume most school boards would want their kids to exercise, the ones that dont, protest until there is change.

I mean, one would a*sume, you would want people who live in the area to make the decisions but ay thats me.

I mean, one would a*sume, if we all agree that school kids having 30 minutes of exercise a day is a good thing, having it be a state law wouldn't matter in the least to anyone, but aye, that's me...dumbass

1 month ago '15        #34
SeraphKin 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,655 | Props total: 40794 40794
 RubbahBandMane said
I thought they already went on recess on a daily basis in Georgia. I know we did when I was in elementary back in the 90s. And Brian Kemp is a racist, cheating POS.

Most schools in georgia now do not have recess anymore. Also in high school gym is a one time elective.

I was shocked by what some of these kids told me. I remember when it was mandatory to exercise in elementary and middle school or youd get in trouble or dont get the free time after the exercise routine.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #35
P DRILLA 116 heat pts116
space
space
$11,968 | Props total: 13164 13164
 Di Warlord said
exactly, thought it was mandatory for everyone in elementary

when I was in elementary, the only days we didn't go outside were days that it was too cold or there was inclement weather
my two least favorite words as a kid. i would be looking forward to recess the minute i got to school

1 month ago '16        #36
TrillPeez 12 heat pts12
space
space
$10,460 | Props total: 25542 25542
 P DRILLA said
my two least favorite words as a kid. i would be looking forward to recess the minute i got to school
sh*t until you walk in the gym and see that big a*s rainbow parachute thing...or they set up kickball
+2   

1 month ago '05        #37
P DRILLA 116 heat pts116
space
space
$11,968 | Props total: 13164 13164
 TrillPeez said
sh*t until you walk in the gym and see that big a*s rainbow parachute thing...or they set up kickball

1 month ago '18        #38
RubbahBandMane 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 4082 4082
 SeraphKin said
Most schools in georgia now do not have recess anymore. Also in high school gym is a one time elective.

I was shocked by what some of these kids told me. I remember when it was mandatory to exercise in elementary and middle school or youd get in trouble or dont get the free time after the exercise routine.
1 Elective? Man I had weight room and gym every semester that I was in high school. And like you said, all the way through middle school we went out for recess. That's where I learned how to play football at. Now I see why these children passing out and dying in football camps

Last edited by RubbahBandMane; 05-15-2019 at 08:56 AM..

1 month ago '15        #39
sumnsumnsumn 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,735 | Props total: 7950 7950
 Hotep11 said
and nothing will change with your kids. He is vetoing because he feels the decisions on recess and other school procedures should be decided by the local government, not the state. 3

Continue to the next quote, which you miraculously left out, they still have the control 9f how to implement, just mandated that they do it.

State Rep. Demetrius Douglas, who sponsored the legislation, told CNN he was shocked at the governor's veto.
"I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it," said Douglas, a former NFL player. "I'm appalled that he would have done this. It just shows that he doesn't care about our future and our kids."
Douglas said he did not intend the bill to detract from local control.
"Superintendents were supposed to make up the criteria for 30 minutes of recess. That's not taking control away from them," Douglas said. "How you do it and how you implement it is totally up to you."

It's the very next line.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #40
space
space
 Hotep11 said

Nobody cares if the state makes it mandatory but people who already got control issues that hate to lose that imaginary control that they thought they had. They need to leave the kids alone and let them enjoy the little bit of free time to have fun, make new friends and work off this mess that they're putting in the candies and foods. Schools are a government institution anyway so why not let the government control the rules?

1 month ago '04        #41
Javon23 338 heat pts338
space
space
$52,413 | Props total: 24266 24266
If yall actually read the news story
I agree with the decision as I believe local school boards should make that decision and not the State.

1 month ago '19        #42
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 sumnsumnsumn said
Continue to the next quote, which you miraculously left out, they still have the control 9f how to implement, just mandated that they do it.

State Rep. Demetrius Douglas, who sponsored the legislation, told CNN he was shocked at the governor's veto.
"I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it," said Douglas, a former NFL player. "I'm appalled that he would have done this. It just shows that he doesn't care about our future and our kids."
"Superintendents were supposed to make up the criteria for 30 minutes of recess. That's not taking control away from them," Douglas said. "How you do it and how you implement it is totally up to you."

It's the very next line.
haha " did not intend to detract from local control" aka detracting from local control.

Nothing is stopping the local superintendents from implementing what they see fit for their communities.

Why is that a problem? Why does it take the state to step in for local matters? If any jurisdiction wants to take away recess then take the issue up with them.

1 month ago '19        #43
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 RubbahBandMane said
Nobody cares if the state makes it mandatory but people who already got control issues that hate to lose that imaginary control that they thought they had. They need to leave the kids alone and let them enjoy the little bit of free time to have fun, make new friends and work off this mess that they're putting in the candies and foods. Schools are a government institution anyway so why not let the government control the rules?
The veto gives more control to local superintendents who we should a*sume know what their communities need. if those superintendents don't want to advocate for more recess time then its time to elect new superintendents.

haha ya cuz government-run programs run so smoothly.

man BX is a trip lately, we really pushing for more government control?

1 month ago '04        #44
bwlove02 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,862 | Props total: 1249 1249
Yo Georgia is on sum Communist sh*t frfr

This, abortions, weed

The white people down there are on sum major bullsh*t

1 month ago '19        #45
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 RIPrjacks23 said
I mean, one would a*sume, if we all agree that school kids having 30 minutes of exercise a day is a good thing, having it be a state law wouldn't matter in the least to anyone, but aye, that's me...dumbass
I agree, kids should have a 30-minute recess at minimum. Any local official who isnt advocating for this should get voted out and we should elect someone who will.

but Its deeper than recess.

Stay woke

1 month ago '19        #46
Hotep11 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 bwlove02 said

This, abortions, weed

hahahahahahahahah man, this is the opposite of communism you dumbass.

The veto gives the power BACK to local communities, communism would be to give power to the state.

1 month ago '15        #47
sumnsumnsumn 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,735 | Props total: 7950 7950
 Hotep11 said
haha " did not intend to detract from local control" aka detracting from local control.

Nothing is stopping the local superintendents from implementing what they see fit for their communities.

Why is that a problem? Why does it take the state to step in for local matters? If any jurisdiction wants to take away recess then take the issue up with them.
Obviously the community wants this or their elected officials wouldn't have pushed for it.

What's so wrong with the state or even the fed stepping in? Why do you hate your gov so much?

1 month ago '18        #48
space
space
 Hotep11 said
The veto gives more control to local superintendents who we should a*sume know what their communities need. if those superintendents don't want to advocate for more recess time then its time to elect new superintendents.

haha ya cuz government-run programs run so smoothly.

man BX is a trip lately, we really pushing for more government control?
You do know superintendents are local government officials right?

In the field of education in the United States, a superintendent or superintendent of schools is an administrator or manager in charge of a number of public schools or a school district, a local government body overseeing public schools. All school principals in a respective school district report to the superintendent.
If anything y'all need to quit voting in bigots as politicians. Me personally I don't care if it's a state law for children to be able to play outside. Maybe it would make the future generations go outside and prevent them from becoming trolls like you

bwlove02 said

This, abortions, weed

Dealt with it for the majority of my life and glad I didn't stay there my entire life. The first time I ever experienced racism was from my school principal in elementary school. My grand dad came out there and embarrassed him

Last edited by RubbahBandMane; 05-15-2019 at 09:23 AM..

1 month ago '06        #49
datVAkid 45 heat pts45
space
space
$18,507 | Props total: 13550 13550
 jae dub 336 said
"Georgia's governor vetoes a bill requiring elementary schools to have recess every day

Georgia lawmakers' attempt to get kids some daily exercise on school playgrounds has been shut down by Gov. Brian Kemp.
Despite research that suggests children can benefit from a break from schoolwork, Kemp has vetoed House Bill 83, which would have required elementary schools to implement a daily recess for students.
The bill encouraged schools to include an average of 30 minutes of supervised unstructured activity time outside every day.
Kemp said he vetoed the bill because it would take away control from local school boards, which currently establish recess policies.

Georgia's governor vetoes a bill requiring elementary schools to have recess every day
By Michelle Lou, CNN

Posted at 5:16 PM ET, Tue May 14, 2019

(CNN) — Georgia lawmakers' attempt to get kids some daily exercise on school playgrounds has been shut down by Gov. Brian Kemp.
Despite research that suggests children can benefit from a break from schoolwork, Kemp has vetoed House Bill 83, which would have required elementary schools to implement a daily recess for students.
The bill encouraged schools to include an average of 30 minutes of supervised unstructured activity time outside every day.
Kemp said he vetoed the bill because it would take away control from local school boards, which currently establish recess policies.

[pic - click to view]

Take control of an unstructured supervised time period...

1 month ago '07        #50
iswerve 196 heat pts196
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 13554 13554
nice to see the priorities in Georgia.

Alabama as well

the south

Home      

most viewed right now
+55online now  37
Ayo...Im Gonna Bust a Nut In Her
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+41online now  36
NBA Damon Jones to break major news Monday morning on Get Up ESPN
257 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+19online now  29
Jun 16 - He wanted to apologize for cutting off another driver. both end up dead
180 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  11
Detroit rapper confirms Lil Durk was the shooter
179 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy