online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Tyler Perry: 'Spike Lee Can Go Straight To Hell'

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

13 years ago '06        #1
14975 page views
0 comments

Tiger King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 152912 152 K  Slaps total: 29779 29 K
Tyler Perry: 'Spike Lee Can Go Straight To Hell'

"I am sick of him talking about me; I am sick of him saying, ‘This is a ****; this is a buffoon,'" The writer-director-star of "Madea's Big Happy Family" says of Lee.

Tyler Perry has fired back at Spike Lee once again.

The writer-director-star of Madea's Big Happy Family has been embroiled in a war of words with Lee ever since the latter a year ago described Perry's projects -- including his TBS shows Meet the Browns and House of Payne -- as "c00nery" and "buffoonery."

On Tuesday at a press conference in Beverly Hills, he had harsh comments for Lee.

"I'm so sick of hearing about damn Spike Lee," Perry said, as reported by Box Office Magazine. "Spike can go straight to hell! You can print that. I am sick of him talking about me, I am sick of him saying, ‘This is a ****; this is a buffoon.' I am sick of him talking about black people going to see movies. This is what he said: ‘You vote by what you see,' as if black people don't know what they want to see.

"I am sick of him -- he talked about Whoopi, he talked about Oprah, he talked about me, he talked about Clint Eastwood. Spike needs to shut the hell up!"

He added that he doesn't understand why a lot of the criticism aimed at him comes from fellow African-Americans.
"I've never seen j3wish people attack Seinfeld and say, 'This is a stereotype,'" he said. "I've never seen Italian people attack The Sopranos, I've never seen j3wish people complaining about Mrs. Doubtfire or Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie. I never saw it. It's always black people, and this is something that I cannot undo. ... We don't have to worry about anybody else trying to destroy us and take shots because we do it to ourselves."

Perry previously fired back at Lee in October in an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes, saying he was "insulted" and "pissed off" by Lee's comments.

"It's attitudes like [Lee's] that make Hollywood think that these people [characters like Madea who are based on real-life members of his own family] do not exist, and that's why there's no material speaking to them," Perry said in the interview.

Madea's Big Happy Family opens Friday.

Tyler Perry: 'Spike Lee Can go Straight to Hell' - The Hollywood Reporter
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4116
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3310
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+528
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop