Happy 20th birthday to the goat console!!!

most viewed right now
31 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 days ago '18        #51
stutteringrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$10,216 | Props total: 12994 12994
MK GOLD

THIS WAS ONEOF MY FAVORITE GAMES ON THEDREAM CAST BESIDES SONIC ADVENTURE.

THIS MK WAS SO AHEAD OF IT'S TIME. IT HAD SHOALIN MONKS AND SUB ZERO AND SCIPRON TEAM UP BEFORE SHAOLIN MONKS.

Last edited by stutteringrap; 09-12-2019 at 12:48 PM..

6 days ago '18        #52
Oswaldgatesjr  29 heat pts29 OP
space
space
space
$7,875 | Props total: 18422 18422
 stutteringrap said
that was the one of the most enjoyable 3d consoles of all time. but ps1 is the goat.

you get the best of the 90's which a taste of the future. the first and sometimes 3 installments of some of the goat frachises. besides the sega nad nintendo games.

16 bit era,2d,2.5d,16 bit era,32 bit era,AND 3D ERA IN ONE. PLUS FROM 1995 TO 2004 IS PS1 LIFESPAN.
Ps2 games were janky as fu*k

6 days ago '18        #53
stutteringrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$10,216 | Props total: 12994 12994
sega was one ofthe most underrated gaqming consoles companies of all time.

every console the mainstream media deem as a failure had some of the best and most funniest games of all time. or enjoyable.

sega cd had some gems. sega saturn was so graphicly amazing for a 32 bit console release in 1996. sega dreamcast was awsome. and sega 32x was low key knuckles chaxtiox was awsome.

5 days ago '04        #54
The S-Word 
space
space
$4,126 | Props total: 2355 2355
9-9-99... I always thought that was a great marketing ploy (Semi-Random Fact: the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, arguably one of their best, aired on the same day) for one of the greatest (forward-thinking in some ways, even) game consoles ever.

I remember being so hyped to get one, particularly for Sonic Adventure & Soul Calibur (my boy took it a step further & bought some games (Sonic, NFL 2K, & possibly NBA 2K] before the system came out [Wal-Mart, for some reason, had the games for sale a week or two before the system came out]), & I was always playing the Ready 2 Rumble Demo at Babbage's (some other old-school sh!t lol). And to quote myself from one of the many Dreamcast threads on this site:

The S-Word said
What can be said that hasn't already been said? Excellent system that was ahead of its time (a console internet browser in the late '90s/early 2000s? Bruh...), and you were pretty much in heaven if you were a f*ghting game and/or Capcom fan, with all the heat they dropped on the Dreamcast (I still play & prefer the DC versions of Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & of course 2, Capcom Vs.. SNK 1 [while the gameplay is not as refined as it's non-US DC sequel, I love the backgrounds/stages in this one, with a couple combining the Capcom & SNK universes], Power Stone 1 & 2, Project Justice [the sequel to Rival Schools {Arcade & PS1}], SF Alpha 3, & the first Soul Calibur [still one of the greatest launch titles to this day]).

Some other great & not-so-great DC games I still play are Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (the first one moreso), Shenmue 1 (up until I got stuck/bored of it years ago, that is lol), all three Street f*ghter 3 games, Cannon Spike, Mr..Driller, Chu Chu Rocket, & Twinkle Star Sprites.

But yeah, it was sad to see the system go due to Sega's bungling & financial issues, especially since Sega was just about to hit its stride with SegaNet, but I doubt it would've lasted much longer against the PS2 (speculation).

3take said

Capcom really dropped the ball by not doing sh!t with the Power Stone series since a PSP port of both games in the mid-2000s.
+1   

5 days ago '04        #55
The S-Word 
space
space
$4,126 | Props total: 2355 2355
 LegendaryLegend said
I remember this VIVIDLY. That was the rave, everyone at that time who I spoke with was getting the PS2 because it also was a DVD player, and them sh*ts were insanely expensive at the time.

Sony knew exactly what they were doing. They did the same sh*t with the PS3 and it having a Blu-ray DVD player and again eating a loss on the console to win the war.
Facts. The PS3 (another great console) was the only Blu-Ray player I had for years.
+1   

5 days ago '17        #56
Samich Eater  5 heat pts5
space
space
$2,202 | Props total: 4161 4161

+3   

3 days ago '05        #57
Switchc2390  10 heat pts10
space
space
$19,384 | Props total: 6728 6728
Still remember when I got it that Christmas with NBA 2K and Powerstone

When everyone started pirating that sh*t remember when my brother had every damn movie and a bunch of pr0n for that sh*t
+1   

3 days ago '07        #58
jhj26  68 heat pts68
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 2949 2949

3 days ago '14        #59
Ignatious715 
space
space
$646 | Props total: 638 638
They redeemed themselves with this console after the 32x and Saturn fail. We had the Saturn, and it was a good console but it got lost in the shuffle. They were like the Apple of gaming consoles at that point. They were steadily trying to breathe new life into the Genesis instead of just letting it's life cycle end. They had the Nomad (Genesis handheld), Game Gear (Master System handheld), and new revisions of the Genesis all within a 3-4 year span. Add in the millions spent on R&D and advertising for each console. Sega hit their ceiling by the time the Dreamcast released. Game piracy didn't help either. Loved Sega products and still do but people were clearly making p*ss poor decisions in those board meetings. Just my 2 cents.
+1   

2 days ago '04        #60
jewelz1132  5 heat pts5
space
space
$14,307 | Props total: 4598 4598
the OG XBOX might be up there, but I think that the release of the Sega Dreamcast was probably the highest high that I've had in gaming. Copping at launch and the experience turning it on and witnessing that intro.....

I think that was the first console I got on release date, without having to wait for christmas
+1   

2 days ago '16        #61
AfroBucks88  80 heat pts80
space
space
$4,612 | Props total: 14424 14424
 Bidam7 said

one of the greatest underrated systems ever For Sega To leave out on this console was truly amazing it stands the test of time the games to software was truly top notch

+1   

2 days ago '04        #62
tnice  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$3,207 | Props total: 9737 9737
loved/love the console the birth of NBA and NFL2K series salute

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+26online now  25
Industry niggas.. Lets talk abt how ya sold ya souls.. Tap in
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside BX MEMBER SPENT 4 MILLION OF HIS JOB COMPANY $$$ To Launch MUSIC CAREER
42 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+54online now  10
Video inside Da Baby getting in touch with his Nigerian roots
153 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Ravens WR Marquise Brown was present when Antonio Brown allegedly raped Br..
55 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy