OFFICIAL 'Avengers' Movie DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #221
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,411 | Props total: 422 422
"Put the suit on"
 6 years ago '08        #222
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
 Cooked Brickz said:
But it was just another Marvel movie to me.
I felt the same way until Hulk actually appeared on screen. After that point things picked up mostly because unlike most Marvel movies the action was great and the funny stuff was really funny. The reason I think this movie worked so well is because Whedon didn't try to play up the fact they were superheroes. The movie plays out more like your traditional team up movie which revolves around your usual mild mannered(Banner), c*cky as*hole(Stark), goody two shoes(Cap), and short fuse bad a.ss(Thor) character types coming together trope. Which is exactly what you're supposed to do.
 6 years ago '07        #223
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
This movie was straight, completely enjoyable. You can tell all their building up and taking their time to come to this movie has paid off

[spoiler - click to view]

Also this movie got me thinkin....If they found a way to do a Secret Wars movie

That would be epic...and they'd have to break that sh*t into like 3 movies like a lord of the rings trilogy type deal. Reintroduce Doom and let everyone know he's not to be f*cked with.
 6 years ago '09        #224
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,835 | Props total: 17946 17946
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
Man Captain America was holding his own pretty damn good and really showed why he is the natural leader during the 3rd act. I know there were lots of scene stealers but it was the subtle sh*t that i was really enjoying like how Ironman and Cap were doing team up moves like the part were ironman shoots the laser at caps shield to k!ll increase the range of the attack. Cap did look silly in the uniform but seeing him in motion, jumping 15 feet in the air and doing all these martial arts moves was exactly how i imagine cap would be. and during the scene with the dialogue between him in the police officer was boss as hell.

Another Loki's performance off the chain, seriously that Tom Hiddleston dude turned the crazy up to 500 this time around. He was good in Thor but dude did for Loki what Ledger did for The Joker in my eyes. The scene were he's c*ckily smirking at Banner was cool but haunting in a sense.

Whedon has definitly earned himself some clout in the realm comic book films now, Avengers breaking all kinds of records....that's a big fu*king deal for comic fans who've longed for a True to it's roots unapologetic super hero movie. No excuses now, Execs have to take notes cause they realize a comic book film with little to no liberties taken with source material can be financially successful on a level they couldnt imagine.

Thank you based whedon.

This is like the the first michael Keaton Batman movie all over again with the hype and positive reviews going haywire.

One last thing though, I wonder when are going to see Taskmaster, Crossbones, and that scene when

, I thought was going to lead to some type of alternate origin for The sentry or some sh*t they way it was shot
Tim Hiddleson OWNS the role of Loki!!!
 6 years ago '06        #225
O-FICIAL 
space
space
$1,186 | Props total: 401 401
 CHILL24 said:
so i wonder if

Well...

6 years ago '04        #226
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,407 | Props total: 4305 4305
That man is playing galaga! he didn't think anyone would notice but we did....
 6 years ago '11        #227
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Am I the only 1 that hates how the Harry Potter & Twilight movies have all the records but they're corny as sh*t? I mean Harry Potter is cool but twilight is just horrible.

But this movie was amazing. Hulk & Tony Starks stole the show. I'm not the biggest follower of the Hulk but I dont remember David Banner having as much personality as he does in the movie. I was at the Black Widow scene in the beginning, dude face when she said "I'm in the middle of an interrogation, this idiot is giving me everything" was priceless. Banner had me rolling too when he banged on the table and was like "I just wanted to see what you would do" I wanted to see Cap & Iron Man go at it though.
 6 years ago '04        #228
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,095 | Props total: 3921 3921
 vikvon said:
This movie was straight, completely enjoyable. You can tell all their building up and taking their time to come to this movie has paid off

Also this movie got me thinkin....If they found a way to do a Secret Wars movie

That would be epic...and they'd have to break that sh*t into like 3 movies like a lord of the rings trilogy type deal. Reintroduce Doom and let everyone know he's not to be f*cked with.
i agree secret wars would be bionic... but still somebody just needs to do a movie about the beyonder from secret wars 2.. that n*gga was ignantely dope.. that was the first comic book to make me go awww damn.. that n*gga snapped his finger and k!lled everybody. lmao.. his n*gga grabbed a bi*ch and flew her to all these other universes and was kicking a.ss at ever step. then it had the drama too.. the original beyonder that took on the entire Marvel universe including the avengers in secret wars 2, not the toned down one.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by zhiggeman; 05-09-2012 at 09:21 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #229
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
Joss Whedon on "The Dark Knight Rises"

JW: I'm glad I made you ask that. I will feel sad. But let's look at the bigger picture, and I can't say this enough: THIS IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. Our successes, whoever has the mostest, are a boon to each other. We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!). People seem intent on setting us against each other, and though I'm proud to be Woody Strode to Nolan's Kirk Douglas, I think they're missing the point. Whatever TDKR does on its first weekend, the only stat that matters to me is the ticket I'M definitely buying. Nolan and Raimi INVENTED the true superhero flick, yo. (Special mention to Jon Favreau and James Gunn.) Happy to be in the mix.

The reason why Joss is the truth.
 6 years ago '05        #230
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,866 | Props total: 167 167
 DaOmega_1 said:
Joss Whedon on "The Dark Knight Rises"

The reason why Joss is the truth.
WHERE THE fu*k IS YOUR fu*kING REVIEW???
 6 years ago '05        #231
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
 jiggaman85 said:
WHERE THE fu*k IS YOUR fu*kING REVIEW???
I'm working on a big spoiler-filled review now. It'll be up soon. No worries.
 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM         #232
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PG-13 said:
just came back from the IMAX version, movie is fu*king dope as hell!

Here's my thoughts/comments I had on it (IMO):
- I don't like the idea of how you had to watch Thor to understand it (I might be wrong)
- Hulk was fu*king in this movie, this dude was literally a monster, IMO he needed WAY more scenes. This dude was just a fu*king beast (literally )
- Iron Man was a fu*king beast too, Robert Downy JR. is the perfect actor for him, dude is way too funny.
- Anyone know who the guy in the end was? (after all the credits) - Avengers Part. 2?

Plus I don't get why Spider-Man wasn't in this movie, or say someone like Wolverine, aren't they part of Marvel? Movie would of been SUPER dope if they were in it. Oh and to anyone who still hasn't watch this, make sure you don't leave once the movie is over, there is a little surprise after the first set of credits.
I could be wrong, but I didn't see anything about a Hulk 2 movie. After what Whedon did with the character though, the fans are going to be clamoring for that sh*t...they GOTTA make it happen.

As far as Spider-Man...getting a great story with everyone in the Avengers was probably difficult enough to do in under 3 hours and adding him would've just been too much. I thought he helped when they faced Thanos before in the comics but I can be wrong about that too.

MosDefinition said:
thats joss whedon man thats something he'd do. everyone expected him to be able to reach her say something witty to reassure the audience he'd be ok and still tell her he loves her typical movie sh*t. whedon flips and she misses his call i guarantee that scene was originally her answering the phone

outdide of robin from how i met your mother who i just couldnt get the tought of that show out of my head everytime she talked one thing bother me why they didnt mention betty at all they could have just thrown a picture of her up like they did natalie portman
I wasn't really wanting him to say anything witty during that phone call, I just wanted it to be believeable that he was about to die, that's all. I think it makes for a better situation to see a great character come back to life. Like when Optimus died in the 2nd movie the scene was sad, and then it was bad@ss when he was revived...no one thought Iron Man was about to die in that scene. ...and I COMPLETELY forgot about Betty until you mentioned her. I wouldn't have minded seeing Portman's fine @ss with a line or 2 either.
 05-09-2012, 06:50 PM         #233
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope marvel gets the rights back from sony for Fantastic Four to do a reboot of that....just so they could do my fav villain Dr. Doom justice...hes vital in the marvel universe..
 05-10-2012, 03:32 AM         #234
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The dude next to my female friend was getting a handjob from his girlfriend during this movie
 6 years ago '04        #235
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,095 | Props total: 3921 3921
 DOOMage said:
The dude next to my female friend was getting a handjob from his girlfriend during this movie
I sure was
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #236
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 DOOMage said:
Shoulda told that bi*ch "Monkey see....monkey do(ziiiiiiiip)"
 6 years ago '07        #237
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
Saw it last night. movie was nice but I can officially go on record and say, stop comparing this to anything nolan related. past or future. just stop.
 6 years ago '09        #238
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,539 | Props total: 3831 3831
very good movie...
but " greatest super hero movie of all time" as some are saying in here? really?

when i saw the trailers, i kept wondering how puny a.ss hawkeye & black widow could affect anything on such a large scale. they handled themselves well...

not a fan of captain america, but he's def made out to be a good leader.
hulk & iron man though >>>>>>>>>>
without a doubt they owned the movie.
i was skeptical at 1st that they switched out edward norton, but ruffalo did well.
 6 years ago '07        #239
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Arson said:
Avengers is the best comic superhero movie ever.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy