Mal from Joe Budden podcast said Eminem took Cam'ron blueprint.. SMH

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
210 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '06        #26
marcusaka50 
space
space
space
Props total: 18807 18 K  Slaps total: 3537 3 K
Redman is the black eminem3

2 weeks ago '19        #27
Simp Hand Weak 
space
space
Props total: 10227 10 K  Slaps total: 2811 2 K
 ExNihilo said
Em - Still Don't Give a fu*k (1999):

Esham - Devil's Groove (1989):

Esham, Natas & ICP (Detroit) were all talking demonic sh*t in rap in the early 90s. Not saying other people weren't doing it in other places, but EM was inspired by Esham.
"Sprinkle a little Big L on top, what the fu*k do you got?"
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #28
TheMonument 
space
space
space
Props total: 2471 2 K  Slaps total: 339 339
I get what he saying, Cam was wild off the wall wit his bars before confessions of fire. Listen to the Children of the Corn stuff, The whole crew was kinda wild with the shock lyrics. With Big L being the group leader only right he would follow suit. I could've sworn this was a topic on BX some years ago.

Last edited by TheMonument; 03-26-2020 at 11:27 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #29
Kool Aid 
space
space
space
Props total: 6020 6 K  Slaps total: 1553 1 K

He's right. If you really listen then u know this

Alot of u don't really listen tho

Last edited by Kool Aid; 03-26-2020 at 11:31 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #30
Wondah_Woman 
space
space
Props total: 15057 15 K  Slaps total: 1618 1 K
 Witness102 said
What ?!

This is like comparing apples to pumpkins...

Mal is a waste of fu*king oxygen.. not just because of this comment, but in general....
We only really know this dude because Marissa was fired from the podcast. And I know heís Biggs and Hip-Hopís brother, but we know whoís the weak link
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #31
Cutty Olds 
space
space
Props total: 12074 12 K  Slaps total: 1197 1 K
 TheMonument said
I get what he saying, Cam was wild off the wall wit his bars before confessions of fire. Listen to the Children of the Corn stuff, The whole crew was kinda wild with the shock lyrics. With Big L being the group leader only right he would follow suit. I could've sworn this was a topic on BX some years ago.
 Kool Aid said

He's right. If you really listen then u know this

Alot of u don't really listen tho
No bruhs....

Ganksta Nip was doing that in Texas in the 80’s

Kool Keith and the Ultramagnetic MC’s was doing that sh*t in the 80’s and early 90’s

Esham and them were doing that up in Detroit in the early 90’s (maybe even a little before), Pyschodrama and Triple Darkness was doing it in Illinois in the early 90’s, 3-6 Mafia was doing it in Memphis in the early 90’s, and Bone was too (which is when Triple 6 and BONE started beefing) in the Mid West we ALL listened to them heavy...

The Insane Poets was doing that sh*t in the early 90’s

Brotha Lynch Hung was doing that sh*t in the early 90’s

Ill Bill and Non Phixon and Necro was doing that sh*t in NY in the early 90’s as were the Grave Diggaz (might be closer to the mid 90’s)

All them n*ggas more than likely..,was listening to the same sh*t for the most part and just started doing it, but one thing is for sure, it ain’t EVER been Cam’s blue print...we grew up on this sh*t before Confessions of Fire was even thought about, same with any Children of the Corn mixtapes or whatever

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 03-26-2020 at 12:05 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #32
Dainfamous730 
space
space
space
Props total: 5584 5 K  Slaps total: 1640 1 K
Can never take anything they say on the podcast serious, most of their takes are stupid
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #33
IGotIt 
space
space
Props total: 6795 6 K  Slaps total: 370 370

I don't even listen/watch the podcast regularly and to me Mal always came off as a hater.

Eminem took Cage's style, no doubt about it. He even joked about it on Role Model (last line in the song). Mal ain't do his homework..

Eminem was also influenced by Outsidaz (from Jersey) and made the song Rush Ya Clique

+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #34
Soulvoyage2 
space
space
space
Props total: 4108 4 K  Slaps total: 818 818
From what I understand that was a style that just got popular during the time period he was comin up

Donít think you can trace it back to one person or even know it was one guy somebody was inspired by..
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #35
pbballin 
space
space
Props total: 3873 3 K  Slaps total: 265 265
Dumb as hell to compare them to Ak lol

2 weeks ago '05        #36
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 15450 15 K  Slaps total: 2177 2 K
 quan3106 said
Confessions of fire was out there...and it predates Eminem mainstream...itís an argument I guess...
Love that track, but thatís really the only time I remember Cam doing that weird shock value rap

2 weeks ago '16        #37
stealthm91  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 23669 23 K  Slaps total: 3594 3 K
this muhfu*ka retarded

Em & Ludacris come from the Redman tree, i'd even add Busta Rhymes since Redmans solo came out first

+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #38
SnowFleury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 18657 18 K  Slaps total: 4597 4 K
 Dainfamous730 said
Can never take anything they say on the podcast serious, most of their takes are stupid
When they're on they're on but they do have a LOT of bs takes...they were gassing that new Childish Gambino album CRAZY yesterday...

2 weeks ago '10        #39
CKFly 
space
space
Props total: 115 115  Slaps total: 19 19
 ExNihilo said

Esham, Natas & ICP (Detroit) were all talking demonic sh*t in rap in the early 90s. Not saying other people weren't doing it in other places, but EM was inspired by Esham.
This. And Cage.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #40
psylence2k 
space
space
space
Props total: 5523 5 K  Slaps total: 1195 1 K
There's like 20 different rappers that people claimed Eminem took his style from.

The thing about Em is that throughout his career he's shown so many styles, flows, and approaches to his music. His style also kept progressing and changing. There's really no way you can even come close to pin pointing just 1 rapper he sounds mostly like. As an all time great and historical student of the game he took so many influences and combined them smoothly while still talking about his own life and having his own persona.

There's other great and famous rappers whose entire style sounds mostly similar to 1-3 rappers. Em is not one of them.
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #41
sdotmaserati 
space
space
Props total: 491 491  Slaps total: 42 42
eminem and cam collabo woulda been dope over the right dre beat

like a stan style type record
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #42
R Shackleford 
space
space
Props total: 8421 8 K  Slaps total: 584 584
 kami said
you post on brutalsims videos? swear iíve seen your name
Nah I think it's just a popular handle
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #43
stealthm91  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 23669 23 K  Slaps total: 3594 3 K
Three Six & Bone Thugs are the ones that made it mainstream tho

2 weeks ago '19        #44
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 3530 3 K  Slaps total: 1492 1 K
 Simp Hand Weak said
It's not even a argument 36 mafia, big L and grave diggaz was rapping like that before anybody knew who cam was
Geto Boys too.

Last edited by Number5; 03-26-2020 at 01:02 PM..

2 weeks ago '19        #45
Luka Doncic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 8355 8 K  Slaps total: 1698 1 K
 ExNihilo said

2 weeks ago '10        #46
quan3106 
space
space
Props total: 35715 35 K  Slaps total: 4009 4 K
 Simp Hand Weak said
It's not even a argument 36 mafia, big L and grave diggaz was rapping like that before anybody knew who cam was
Again I said mainstream...none of the acts u mentioned were mainstream prior to Cam first album...36 was out but werenít known outside of regionally..

2 weeks ago '10        #47
quan3106 
space
space
Props total: 35715 35 K  Slaps total: 4009 4 K
 marcusaka50 said
Redman is the black eminem3
Eminem is the white Redman...wording matters..
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #48
Cutty Olds 
space
space
Props total: 12074 12 K  Slaps total: 1197 1 K
 psylence2k said
There's like 20 different rappers that people claimed Eminem took his style from.

The thing about Em is that throughout his career he's shown so many styles, flows, and approaches to his music. His style also kept progressing and changing. There's really no way you can even come close to pin pointing just 1 rapper he sounds mostly like. As an all time great and historical student of the game he took so many influences and combined them smoothly while still talking about his own life and having his own persona.

There's other great and famous rappers whose entire style sounds mostly similar to 1-3 rappers. Em is not one of them.
Exactly...Treach is one of his favorite MC’s and there’s plenty of times you hear it
just as much as you hear with Redman, or Cage and Esham,the n*gga is a Mid West rap fan and is an accumulation of the n*ggas that was doing sh*t back then from when he grew up and was coming up.

Most Mid West rappers are like this ...Twista, Freddie Gibbs, Common, Stalley, Crucial Conflict, BONE, Royce da 5’ 9”...it was just the nature of the beast from growing up in between 3 coasts
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #49
R Shackleford 
space
space
Props total: 8421 8 K  Slaps total: 584 584
 kami said
you post on brutalsims videos? swear i’ve seen your name
Double post

2 weeks ago '16        #50
metro6  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 15402 15 K  Slaps total: 9331 9 K
Lil

ADVERTISEMENT
top in section
+29
   This Sign in Chicago....
top in sports
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+208online now  45
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
364 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+70online now  34
Image(s) inside Ever Find Your Homies Woman on Tinder
210 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Threatens To Expose Busta Rhymes If Her Doesn't Clear Tr..
221 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+110online now  7
Image(s) inside This really how y'all NBA Youngboy fans live life
151 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy