Mar 26 - Mnuchin: "Coronavirus relief checks will come within 3 weeks"

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+46  315
95 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '16        #1
1003 page views
47 comments

ahonui06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
space
space
Props total: 105563 105 K  Slaps total: 25604 25 K
Mar 26 - Mnuchin: "Coronavirus relief checks will come within 3 weeks"

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2020 .. chin-says.html

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Thursday that people will start getting relief checks within three weeks, as the country reels from the coronavirus pandemic.

Mnuchin spoke to CNBC the morning after the Senate passed a $2 trillion stimulus package intended to blunt economic damage from the spread of the coronavirus. The House is expected to vote on the legislation Friday.

The massive relief bill offers direct cash payments of up to $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for couples, with $500 added for every child, based on 2019 tax returns for those who filed them and 2018 information if they have not. The benefit begins to phase out for individuals making $75,000 in income and ends completely for those making $99,000 or more.

“Most of these will be direct deposit, so we call them checks in the mail, but it will be three weeks,” Mnuchin said.

“We’re determined to get money in people’s pockets immediately. That will be within three weeks.”

The payments would come amid a historic spike in jobless claims: Weekly initial unemployment claims totaled nearly 3.3 million, by far a record, according to data released Thursday.

“I just think these numbers right now are not relevant,” Mnuchin said when asked about that staggering figure.

Still, market futures turned positive shortly after the jobless were announced.
@Boogersugar @OldBusiness @shooter @phantomnation @Ymmot @freebiggavel @Witness102 @samotion @yolaboy @niruggg @BeckyChaser
@Mr Scaramucci @Exs @TheRealFetti@Arceo
@Broseph Stalin@blazinodadon @Rainhands
@GGG goat @ym7171yea@Holdino@48laws
@kuul
@Stand Down @POSITIVITY
@Green Insulin@Illuminati
@Lord God @THEDONN@strungout @Timberwolves
@messy marv stan @Daville502@TriniSoldier @ColeWorld @Binary
@Tha Boss @daman729 @SFamilyRep @jumpman2304 @ShadowPlay
@:Z
@Dash
@925 @fat_boyy21 @Swade009
@Teddy KGB @RaIVIpAG3x @SnowFleury @Exodus 313 @SteffDub @Commission @SpyDa @Free my soul @215Philly @Boogie1790 @bi0

Last edited by ahonui06; 03-26-2020 at 09:40 AM..
+12   

best
worst
47 comments

2 weeks ago '13        #2
THEDONN 
space
space
Props total: 45303 45 K  Slaps total: 15145 15 K
They cut the check
+8   

2 weeks ago '10        #3
SnowFleury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 18634 18 K  Slaps total: 4591 4 K
Hopefully...I'm one of those people who doesn't do direct deposit for my tax returns so my check won't be here for months according to some
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #4
daman729 
space
space
Props total: 22545 22 K  Slaps total: 1036 1 K
We'll see.......................

I'll be waiting.
+7   

2 weeks ago '20        #5
BeckyChaser 
space
space
Props total: 310 310  Slaps total: 305 305
 SnowFleury said
Hopefully...I'm one of those people who doesn't do direct deposit for my tax returns so my check won't be here for months according to some
I get why, but they can fney it regardless.

Just get a prepaid card from the corner store. They have routing numbers and work like a real bank account.

Then cash it out as soon as the deposit hits.

2 weeks ago '16        #6
Rainhands 
space
space
space
Props total: 5257 5 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
So what happened to all those dudes in the guap section making big money trading online or $40,000 a month drop shipping. Now you're getting gassed over 1000 dollars? You guys are hype jobs.
+24   

2 weeks ago '09        #7
RaIVIpAG3x 
space
space
Props total: 3546 3 K  Slaps total: 1213 1 K
80% going into savings, I filed for unemployment.. we all gotta be on some frugal sh*t.. who knows how long sh*t might last like this..
+10   

2 weeks ago '12        #8
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 96059 96 K  Slaps total: 6922 6 K
Steve Mnunchin been saying from the jump he wanted people to get paid by April 6

But the senate can't get its sh*t together. Lindsay Graham got republican senators by the ball sack cause they don't want people who have been laid off to receive any unemployment a*sistance

Also sidenote..Did y'all see how Marriott has been not laying off employees, but just moving their hours to 0. And since they aren't getting any pay they're losing their healthcare and most importantly, since they aren't technically laid off they can't file for unemployment.

But Donald Trumps making sure the corporate bailout portion has plenty of free cash for the hotel industry
+5   

2 weeks ago '12        #9
OldBusiness 
space
space
 Rainhands said
So what happened to all those dudes in the guap section making big money trading online or $40,000 a month drop shipping. Now you're getting gassed over 1000 dollars? You guys are hype jobs.
This take is always pretty corny in my opinion. I won't be receiving a dime of the money, but even if the well off were hype about getting this free money....

You literally live in a country where billionaires and their multi millionaire execs/board of executives buy our politicians off everyday so they can get free money they don't even need. So the idea that people who aren't billionaires/millionaires - but still doing pretty good for themselves getting excited over free money shouldn't be so shocking

I mean 9 times out of 10 the CEO of the company you work for has had his team in Washington right now begging for free money while hes sitting on more than you could ever dream of.

How come you didn't make a post criticizing him like you did the everyday American waiting on relief?

Is the billionaire CEO whose kids your hard work put through college, but hes f*ghting to take your tax dollars in corporate welfare so he can buy back his stock and some extra fur coats for his wife a hype job like the guys on boxden?
+9   

2 weeks ago '07        #10
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 28482 28 K  Slaps total: 2533 2 K
why the articles keep saying "up to"?

why isn't it just a number?

2 weeks ago '16        #11
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 35216 35 K  Slaps total: 4642 4 K
 yolaboy said

How much you get drops off after $75k as a single individual, $150k as a family

I don't think I'm getting anything but it's good that this is coming
+6   

2 weeks ago '10        #12
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Steve Mnunchin been saying from the jump he wanted people to get paid by April 6

But the senate can't get its sh*t together. Lindsay Graham got republican senators by the ball sack cause they don't want people who have been laid off to receive any unemployment a*sistance

Also sidenote..Did y'all see how Marriott has been not laying off employees, but just moving their hours to 0. And since they aren't getting any pay they're losing their healthcare and most importantly, since they aren't technically laid off they can't file for unemployment.

But Donald Trumps making sure the corporate bailout portion has plenty of free cash for the hotel industry
I'm not defending the senate for that at all, I'm not a Bernie supporter at all but I'm glad he went in to roast them about how stupid that was...

BUT, congress deserves a lot of blame as well, they aren't voting on the bill till TOMORROW and from what I read they called a procedural session for like 10 minutes yesterday and left. Both sides are pathetic.
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #13
ahonui06  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16 OP
space
space
 yolaboy said

House gotta approve it. Trump gotta sign it. Then the Treasury can start sending checks.
+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #14
BraziD 
space
space
Props total: 736 736  Slaps total: 204 204

2 weeks ago '16        #15
space
space
 BraziD said

Congrats on your Bills bro. I got a +285 AFC East division winner future on them
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #16
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 18535 18 K  Slaps total: 2014 2 K
Damnit I was holding out hope that I was right about them checks. Lol so Trump is not going to be able to get anywhere near this money right?
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #17
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
space
Props total: 54743 54 K  Slaps total: 32638 32 K
Ima direct deposit guy
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
Exodus 313  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 14676 14 K  Slaps total: 10827 10 K
How do we give them are direct deposit number? What if we don’t have a bank account

They still ain’t answering key questions
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #19
SteffDub 
space
space
space
Props total: 5978 5 K  Slaps total: 594 594
So if you didn’t file 18 or 19 taxes then no check?
+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #20
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 66418 66 K  Slaps total: 11440 11 K
My sh*t better come in the mail

Definitely cashing it at Amscot

Since I ain’t doing my taxes this yr

2 weeks ago '13        #21
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 66418 66 K  Slaps total: 11440 11 K
 SteffDub said
So if you didnít file 18 or 19 taxes then no check?
Nah
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
OldBusiness 
space
space
 SnowFleury said
I'm not defending the senate for that at all, I'm not a Bernie supporter at all but I'm glad he went in to roast them about how stupid that was...

BUT, congress deserves a lot of blame as well, they aren't voting on the bill till TOMORROW and from what I read they called a procedural session for like 10 minutes yesterday and left. Both sides are pathetic.
But the day before yesterday nancy also said she would evoke unanimous consent to speed ball whatever the senate sent through and they didn't send a damn thing. They just went back to their hotels as well because Marco Rubio and others got mad at the idea of giving the poorest people a 15% increase on their food stamps

And then you're bringing up the house but Justin Amash, once a republican - but now an independent in the house came out yesterday and said he intends to block her call for Unanimous Consent because he wants Americans to get 3 checks for $1250 and less money for the corporations

He finally came back out late last night and said he wouldn't block it if the senate sent it through, but he threw them in disarray when he initially said he was going to use his vote to block her letting the senate speed it through

When he said he would delay it

When he said he wouldn't

Also 60 votes are needed to pass in the senate. So its going to take only 7 democrat votes to make it happen right?...if Mitch McConnell wanted to pass it how come he purposely block Rand Paul, Mitt Romney, and the 3 other republican senators who were out sick/isolating because of the virus from having the ability to remote vote? He purposely destroyed his own majority and his own power while telling people he was trying to garner as many votes as possible. You and i may not agree on to much, but we know its some complete and utter bullsh*t going on when Mitch McConnell gives up power lol

In otherwords bro, they are ALL fu*king up.

2 weeks ago '04        #23
SpyDa 
space
space
Props total: 5898 5 K  Slaps total: 765 765
 Rainhands said
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #24
space
space
 Exodus 313 said
How do we give them are direct deposit number? What if we donít have a bank account

They still ainít answering key questions
If you don't file taxes via direct deposit they will mail you a check.
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #25
space
space
 OldBusiness said
But the day before yesterday nancy also said she would evoke unanimous consent to speed ball whatever the senate sent through and they didn't send a damn thing. They just went back to their hotels as well because Marco Rubio and others got mad at the idea of giving the poorest people a 15% increase on their food stamps

And then you're bringing up the house but Justin Amash, once a republican - but now an independent in the house came out yesterday and said he intends to block her call for Unanimous Consent because he wants Americans to get 3 checks for $1250 and less money for the corporations

He finally came back out late last night and said he wouldn't block it if the senate sent it through, but he threw them in disarray when he initially said he was going to use his vote to block her letting the senate speed it through

When he said he would delay it

When he said he wouldn't

Also 60 votes are needed to pass in the senate. So its going to take only 7 democrat votes to make it happen right?...if Mitch McConnell wanted to pass it how come he purposely block Rand Paul, Mitt Romney, and the 3 other republican senators who were out sick/isolating because of the virus from having the ability to remote vote? He purposely destroyed his own majority and his own power while telling people he was trying to garner as many votes as possible. You and i may not agree on to much, but we know its some complete and utter bullsh*t going on when Mitch McConnell gives up power lol

In otherwords bro, they are ALL fu*king up.
100% they ALL are...

But that's why I think it's important to not just pick sides in this time. We need to come together and call out ALL the bullsh*t without focusing on one specific side.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  34
Apr 5 - R.I.P. - Pronstar Imani Reignx Killed In Motorcycle Accident
205 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Money B on last convo with 2Pac ď The Deathrow Pac wasnít the pac that ..
82 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Lit Yoshi (Lil Ivy's Nephew) gets on live and calls Boosie a bi-ch
97 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Quarantine Sneaker Cops