Mar 25 - Bernie Sanders and 4 GOP senators threaten to holdup coronavirus relief bill

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '17        #26
Hex 
space
space
Props total: 3450 3 K  Slaps total: 130 130
I'm ok with this. Can't give the GOP an inch here.

Fine Print of Stimulus Bill Contains Special Deals for Industries

"Democrats proudly announced that they had won agreement on language to block President Trump, other government officials and their families from receiving a*sistance from a $500 billion fund to be administered by the Treasury Department.

But it turns out that Mr. Trump’s companies would not be barred from benefiting from other elements of the bill intended to help broad swaths of American business.

For example, certain hotel owners, even those employing thousands of people, will be eligible for small-business loans, a provision that could potentially benefit Mr. Trump’s company. The Trump Organization could also benefit from the $15 billion change to the tax code won by restaurants and retailers.

"from the $454 billion general purpose fund for businesses and state and local governments to the $50 billion earmarked for airlines and $8 billion for air cargo carriers.

The deal specifically sets aside $17 billion for “businesses critical to maintaining national security” — a category seen as intended at least partly for Boeing, the troubled aircraft manufacturer and Pentagon contractor, whose name appears nowhere in the bill.

We’ll be helping Boeing,” Mr. Trump said Tuesday evening. “We’ll be helping the airlines, the cruise lines.”

"Many of these special-interest provisions would be impossible for a casual reader of the legislation to identify. They are written in highly technical language that often does not even mention by name the industry that is supposed to benefit.

"That means loans from the federal government worth up to 2.5 times the firm’s monthly payroll that will not have to be repaid if the hotel company uses them to keep paying employees during any coronavirus shutdowns.

The provision could benefit the Trump Organization, which operates a relatively small chain, with six hotels in the United States in cities including New York, Washington and Chicago. Several Trump hotels are members of the trade a*sociation. Last year Mr. Trump reported annual revenues in 2018 of at least $434.9 million from all of his holdings, including many that are not hotels.

Representatives of the Trump Organization did not respond to a question on Wednesday about the provision."

"Provisions sought by the nation’s smaller banks, a powerful constituency, were also included in the bill. One change would allow those banks — which represent 95 percent of all the banks in the United States — to have lower requirements for capital reserves, the buffer that financial institutions are required to keep on hand to ensure they remain solvent if they run into trouble.....

The proposal drew immediate opposition from some analysts, who said it would allow too much risk.

2007 all over again. Joy.

"A provision in the bill would allow all colleges to retain federal funds allocated to help educate qualifying students, even if the students in question dropped out because of coronavirus-related emergencies. While the provision applies to all colleges, critics of for-profit colleges contend that, because those schools tend to have higher dropout rates, they would be able to retain more of the money they collect via federal loans to their students than would traditional nonprofit colleges.

This sh*t is full of poison pills. If Bernie wants to hold it up I'm for it.

General Strike and civil unrest are looking more and more likely.

Last edited by Hex; 03-25-2020 at 02:41 PM..
+10   

2 weeks ago '04        #27
Chronos 
space
space
Props total: 10395 10 K  Slaps total: 388 388
 ddy807 said

i despise this sen.

do mentions vertically instead of doing this: @ @
He needs to be removed from the Senate just like this.

+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #28
Ghost Terp 
space
space
Props total: 8077 8 K  Slaps total: 1170 1 K
 ahonui06 said
They both holding up sh*t that is minor compared to the financial a*sistance that companies and individuals need.
Bernie isn't holding anything up. Those 3 GOP Senators are. He's f*ghting for everyone in the general population that's affected by this. How on Earth could you have a problem with that?
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #29
ddy807 
space
space
Props total: 16514 16 K  Slaps total: 746 746
 ahonui06 said
He doesn't need to be a martyr on every issue

...that's not martyrdom... it's a threat.

ahonui06 said
The 4 GOP Senators pretending like they care about companies laying off workers is cute too
they always do sh*t like this.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #30
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 93610 93 K  Slaps total: 11274 11 K
The Dems out a 25 million dollar check in it for themselves too lol. Yo this is crazy and this bull is trasssssh
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #31
OWPE 
space
space
Props total: 20513 20 K  Slaps total: 27982 27 K
 Naga Sadow said
It shows which side the GOP is on. I don't like the democrats but for those who say they're both the same this shows how false that statement is.
Jerry Nadler wanted 4 billion dollars for some stupid art in nyc and Nancy was trying climate change

2 weeks ago '17        #32
Hex 
space
space
Props total: 3450 3 K  Slaps total: 130 130

This is an optimistic look at the future.
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '07        #33
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 29082 29 K  Slaps total: 2626 2 K
 ahonui06 said
The 4 GOP Senators pretending like they care about companies laying off workers is cute too
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #34
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
Props total: 37243 37 K  Slaps total: 8467 8 K
 Binary said
Bernie you fu*king bum stop delaying sh*t and give them their money 1200 is more than some of these people’s monthly check
Damn you really are lifeless:

200+ thread on you ducking to do an IG live.
Provide 0 evidence to contradict what was presented wasn't you.
Sidestepped and outright ignored the claims of having multiple dummy accounts on the off chance you get banned.

Like a "normal" person would just go rogue for a week and hop on a dummy account but you care so much about your presumed reputation here that you'd rather ignore that ever happened and continue using the same account.

Save the sassy retort cause I'm not gonna go tete a tete with you but you're a fu*kin a loser, my guy
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #35
ddy807 
space
space
 Hex said

This is an optimistic look at the future.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #36
Binary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 11761 11 K  Slaps total: 15895 15 K
 QdobaCasanova said

Sidestepped and outright ignored the claims of having multiple dummy accounts on the off chance you get banned.

Like a "normal" person would just go rogue for a week and hop on a dummy account but you care so much about your presumed reputation here that you'd rather ignore that ever happened and continue using the same account.

Save the sassy retort cause I'm not gonna go tete a tete with you but you're a fu*kin a loser, my guy
@ was ducking going on ig live, don’t you know how to read. I’ll go live on ig with you rn if you want

2 weeks ago '12        #37
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 96506 96 K  Slaps total: 6963 6 K
 QdobaCasanova said

He literally has a history of lying bro

I think im going to put him back on ignore now, the damage is done and hes over exposed

He uploading pictures of 200 dollars and a gun now cause hes so desperate, sh*t is pathetic
+12   

2 weeks ago '07        #38
Pos 
space
space
Props total: 10140 10 K  Slaps total: 2206 2 K
people gonna make more money at home on unemployment than going to their job

they just catching this now
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #39
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
 OldBusiness said
He literally has a history of lying bro

I think im going to put him back on ignore now, the damage is done and hes over exposed

He uploading pictures of 200 dollars and a gun now cause hes so desperate, sh*t is pathetic

Can you link me to this.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #40
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
 Binary said
@ was ducking going on ig live, don’t you know how to read. I’ll go live on ig with you rn if you want
d*ckhead you could go on IG live rn and just say you're on live now and post your IG.

I don't have IG so I can't -- and not that I would want to.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #41
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
space
space
Props total: 161111 161 K  Slaps total: 19781 19 K
 ahonui06 said
Bernie needs to STFU on this 1

bernies throwing a bi*ch fest just because he wasnt installed as the cat oranges so-called "opponent"

there gonna be bullsh*ttin and delaying this until the stock market tanks another 25 - 40% possibly 50% smh...by that time the bailout might be $30 trillion with 90% going to "campaign contributors"

2 weeks ago '12        #42
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 96506 96 K  Slaps total: 6963 6 K
 QdobaCasanova said
[/B]

Can you link me to this.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #43
Sphynx 
space
space
Props total: 70862 70 K  Slaps total: 20613 20 K
Typical republican bullsh*t.

They more worried about punishing imaginary welfare queens than actually helping people in need.

I can't deal with these idiots
+11   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '07        #44
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 29082 29 K  Slaps total: 2626 2 K
 OldBusiness said
he really did post a dozen twenties like it was ether
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #45
Daville502 
space
space
Props total: 4781 4 K  Slaps total: 276 276
Well people will take advantage of it because its more than some people make actually working. I k ow a couple people who want to be laid off because of it but their are some people who really need it so i say just let it go.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #46
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 86465 86 K  Slaps total: 5360 5 K
 OWPE said
Jerry Nadler wanted 4 billion dollars for some stupid art in nyc and Nancy was trying climate change

Now Nadler is dumb for that. Bigly dumb

+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #47
quarter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 11166 11 K  Slaps total: 9302 9 K

2 weeks ago '17        #48
ddy807 
space
space
 messy marv stan said
bernies throwing a bi*ch fest just because he wasnt installed as the cat oranges so-called "opponent"

there gonna be bullsh*ttin and delaying this until the stock market tanks another 25 - 40% possibly 50% smh...by that time the bailout might be $30 trillion with 90% going to "campaign contributors"
bernie gained attention blocking cuts to programs (did so in 2010 in a 8hr filibuster) like unemployment insurance. he's been known for this before his presidential runs.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #49
Stand Down  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
space
Props total: 12282 12 K  Slaps total: 19236 19 K
 COVID19Virus said
wow youre just an annoying piece of sh*t

@ please ban this idiot for trolling and spamming in the news section.

The abstract was obvious on who and why; this user decides not to bother reading and just trolls.

The op was edited crybaby.

Comment just like the first 2 b4 mine was b4 his edit.

Shouldn’t u be busy k*llin people?

2 weeks ago '18        #50
niruggg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 39115 39 K  Slaps total: 4367 4 K
 RastaMon said
these n*ggas getting fukin annoying bruh.
which part the corporate welfare part, the you can't fire anyone part, the you can't use taxpayer money to buy back your stock part, the...fu*k I could go on but just tell me
 ahonui06 said
Bernie needs to STFU on this 1
why's that?
 Illuminati said
Push it through and iron out the details later smh.
nah we tried that sh*t last time, thats like paying for construction upfront and having half the work done and the worker break the fu*k out and won't return your calls
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+186online now  65
Apr 8 - Robert F Kennedy just called out Bill Gates on Instagram for vaccine s..
345 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+43online now  24
Apr 7 - Senate Democrats propose $25,000 hazard-pay plan for essential workers
83 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+260online now  19
Video inside ItsReal85 one of our true home grown talents, here are your flowers.
110 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
Apr 7 - New York: 731 Dead In Biggest One Day Jump
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy